• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm the Charlie Sheen of Sosaria waffles, I'm winning. I'm the gnarlyest F18 in the skies bros.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no shiitttt longshanks, its a good dexer bro. constant ai's and poisons on a mage is noooo gooodd for meee lol. I swear u half lifed me with one hit, havent seen neone hit that hard so its def still an effective template.. and I dont post here cuz it just seems like everyone attacks me cuz im mvp and the only poster here from mvp. The ppl who actually know me, know A) i have no ego, B) im not a d**k C) I take this game for what it is, A GAME. It doesnt rule my rl. Its fun to come on, run around and pvp. I just feel theres wayyy too much trash talk and no real honor left in this game. Back in the 90's there was none of this, it was just fun and everyone attackin everyone and just living for the fight.

I absolutely find no fun in running with 20 ppl, except when it comes to UHOH. They complain cuz they dont have numbers nemore, but they were trash talking and acting all mighty when they used to have over 20 ppl logged in at a time, now they complain cuz the tables are turned. Our real solid 8 man crew is on every other shard and most the time we our outnumbered on every other shard. Chessy is the only one we are a zerg on because of uhoh. But most of us rarely play chessy neway. The ones u see everyday are only on chessy and dont play with us on other shards. My fav shard is prolly pac cuz we are alwayys outnumbered but somehow usually pull it off. The point of a game is to HAVE FUN and GET BETTER. I cant stand kids with Pixel God Complexes. Im not the best and im sure as s**t not the worse. Just everyone have fun and tryyy to keep our small pvp world going, and Stopppp caring soo much about a champ reward and more about the fight.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh btw longshanks, i bash ppl for not running factions because in this game there is no risk nemore. The only time theres a risk is when u are in factions cuz u have to sit out or play in stat loss when u die. PPl always say u play factions for the arties that BS. U can make legit suits without the faction gear. I play for the risk of going in stat, or the joy of putting someone else in it. FY used to have a solid 10+ crew, if u ever get that back u should join factions and make chessy fun again.

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, we made it to the second page of this thread (thank god, loading the first one was getting laggy due to the stories SOME PEOPLE had to post *COUGH*...) Anyway, There is no pvp anymore....... Dismount, Spell Plague, Spell Plague, Spell Plague, Spell Plague, Disarm, Dismount, Spell Plague, Spell Plague, Spell Trigger Bombard, WIN! If thats pvp, then ... You can finish that sentence for me!!!

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
finally have the game downloaded to my laptop, last night i ventured out into the world of Fel and got rick rolled :lol: by a guy named Teflon don, and twice by him and his wingman Turtle. Connection speed for me last night was Latency at 330ms with no packet loss. Now im out in the sand for the next several weeks and the Latency is 1248... and 25% packet loss this means you wont be seeing me try to mix it up ( unless by some act of a higher power i get a better connection) Lot of fun, i cant wait to get back and dropkick some of you with a broad band connection.:gee: At least now i can ghost the gate and watch what goes on, my entertainment factor has just increased 7x. see you on the other side of the fence.

Milk

L

longshanks

question to k n r guild. why u guys running tb. uhoh = tb you should run another if ur going to attack us.

looks like a fel version of trammy griefing. i guess i see the point after we face planted himmler like 10x last nite but still...

grow a sack.

out -

:gun:

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hahah longshanks i made that same point to KR awhile back. They joined tb when uhoh and lub were here, figuring they would get some help. They're a group of all stealthers and like one decent mage, On this shard they are a faction version of GS no real pvp skills there. Himler once tried to dismount me and kill me solo. I sat on a nearby tree stump, redlined him. watched him run off and repeated it about three times till he finally gave up lol. Not gonna chase a smokebomber with an instant box.

As for Jordy on my other post, I played this game the second day chessy was created so u have no idea about me or my history. I played when this game actually meant something and quit when AOS came about and fel became an almost riskless venture. Some times i wonder how i even came back lol

To the ten emails i got from others, about the hypocrisy and idiocy of the people trying to bash me for playing the game the way it was intended. I thank you. Atleast ten ppl still understand the rules and parameters of fel and what to expect when u go there. So cheers and thanks :)

P.S. everyone of you commented on the ignorance of tom's comment as well. Dont worry about him, he's the greediest kid in this game. He's hoping to take his pixel rewards to the grave. He only made that comment in order to bait me into an argument with him, and failed yet again :) Happy hunting

And finally to Gareth, THANK YOU. I used to be attacked back in the day and the way i responded id always get in trouble for. I should have worded it a different way and i apologize. I think or atleast hope ive finally learned how to stay off your bad list on these boards. Time will tell :)

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S. everyone of you commented on the ignorance of tom's comment as well. Dont worry about him, he's the greediest kid in this game. He's hoping to take his pixel rewards to the grave. He only made that comment in order to bait me into an argument with him, and failed yet again :)
Yay, I finally got mentioned in one of ur posts, I feel so special now..... Do i get a cookie!?!!!! I do not believe "I" am the greediest, I have my moments, and theres certain items I intend not giving away, I love my pixel rewards! They make me giggle inside! And if i made that comment to bait you into an argument, Sir.. Ma'am!, why did you respond? You could have simply ICQ'ed me, which you havent done in a while..

P.S. (Cuz now I feel super special doing it because you do it (YAY!!!)) Im a winner :)

P.S.S. This ones for Deacon,
- Baby come back, baby you're all I need, Baby come BACK!

P.S.S.S. I like white scrolls, Yellow scrolls, and green stuff!

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Necro, not only did you win at UO, you also just won the Stratics Chesapeake PVP Thread! :love:

P.S. this thread was dormant for like 2 weeks... bout time it got moving again!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
And finally to Gareth, THANK YOU. I used to be attacked back in the day and the way i responded id always get in trouble for. I should have worded it a different way and i apologize. I think or atleast hope ive finally learned how to stay off your bad list on these boards. Time will tell :)
You might be asked to hold a class on this topic....and its not optional

T

Turles

good fight at lich today we won but atleast mvp came back after the first beating for a second helping =]

L

longshanks

As the junior member of Uhoh, Pullo is now the resident highway man of T2A.

Tread lightly.

L

longshanks

Oaks spawns are not allowed to be done at midnite, tsk tsk tsk....

Thanks for the heads up Serium :lick:

L

longshanks

Ah Solus speaks.

Maybe you should come back and rally them. There leadership seems to have abandoned them for Atlantic.

We raided them in Despise last nite and they all took a 20 minute vacation as a result.

There are two bridges in Despise, both should be fielded when your defending... just saying :lick:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah Solus speaks.

Maybe you should come back and rally them. There leadership seems to have abandoned them for Atlantic.

We raided them in Despise last nite and they all took a 20 minute vacation as a result.

There are two bridges in Despise, both should be fielded when your defending... just saying :lick:
I dont remember who you are but I already xferd Promathia back to play a bit. The only problem is...Every time im online there is NOONE ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!! My god has it gotten dead!

L

longshanks

is mainly just mvp vs uhoh now.

2 guys from sl come on occasionally

gs still hugs the gz, seriums been playing a bit more

fy disbanded and is reforming, non faction.

it has bee a bit on the slow side though ur right.

lotta guys like urself went to gl or atl for the larger fights

hope u didnt lose another blaze dog when u transferred back :)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is mainly just mvp vs uhoh now.

2 guys from sl come on occasionally

gs still hugs the gz, seriums been playing a bit more

fy disbanded and is reforming, non faction.

it has bee a bit on the slow side though ur right.

lotta guys like urself went to gl or atl for the larger fights

hope u didnt lose another blaze dog when u transferred back :)
Nope blaze dog was safe in my stable!

FY disbanded? Thats random
2 guys in SL? Might be a good faction to go to then...I wish I wasnt lazy

L

longshanks

was good to see you in the field last nite solus.

seems you were quick to guild two ex FY boys to your team.

You tried to 3 v 1 set up Pullo north of the gate last nite but your two boys got dropped and you ran away... :/

We heard a rumor that bubbles dumped goldberg or vice versa... was this the reason u came back?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
was good to see you in the field last nite solus.

seems you were quick to guild two ex FY boys to your team.

You tried to 3 v 1 set up Pullo north of the gate last nite but your two boys got dropped and you ran away... :/

We heard a rumor that bubbles dumped goldberg or vice versa... was this the reason u came back?
They still have some work to do :> And those two ex FY boys were also former FoA before that ;D

And I have no clue what goes on with MvP or with Bubbles and Goldberg. I came back because playing just WoW is boring :D

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
"Omg I was just browsing mine toooooooo"

Omg I was just browsing your pictures toooo! *Clicks Unapprove post on both replies*

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kept browsing!!!

Also, are you one of the bubbles?

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Kill fight slay! Maybe if GS or MvP would be on the forums something would happen here. But not so much, eh.

Gate fighting is a horrible representation of PvP if you ask me. And gen chat poo speak is the worst there ever was. At least post it on the forums and man up and take what's coming to you. I haven't seen pictures in years. And besides Lynk... more than years!!!

I would post pictures, but 1) I don't know how and 2) I die most of the time and why would i promote that????

Of course, if I've ever killed you, you should be seriously embarresed. I'm just saying.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've killed me lots of times.:sad3: WHen i get back i need someone to show me how to play a mage in pvp, any takers?

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll show yah bro..1 v 1 mage is harder to learn but really not practical anymore, field fighting is pretty easy to learn tho. Hardest part is knowing your macros...and knowing how to use your terrain to best suit your purpose. Chessy doesn't give many grinder fights tho, mostly dexxers over here...but mystic mage is so simple it's a dumbed down version of necro, and very protection friendly, easy to learn. Just make sure you get uo assist if you wanna play mage as your main, it's so hard to not have mouse wheel for targetting, and you can put healing stone/spell trigger on buttons vs clicking them.

L

longshanks

ICM is mad because the thinking mage temp of necro /mage is effectively nerfed by protection curse sp pixie mystics.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's probably a good thing that the thinking template was nerfed. Its so hard to think with a case of beer clouding your judgement. For those who hate dexxers... maybe player is too drunk to mage it up. I'm just saying. I tend to forget to hit the bandie macro more often then not. Yes, the 'less thinking' is condusive to more overall participation I think.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ICM is mad because the thinking mage temp of necro /mage is effectively nerfed by protection curse sp pixie mystics.
mm hmmm.. lovin my 20'd out myst/mage wep mage with 60 weaving and 80 jitsu!

L

longshanks

mm hmmm.. lovin my 20'd out myst/mage wep mage with 60 weaving and 80 jitsu!
sounds like an mvp template. those kids all run ninjitsu

like that old monte python movie

RUN AWAAAYAAYAAY.................

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like an mvp template. those kids all run ninjitsu

like that old monte python movie

RUN AWAAAYAAYAAY.................
In the last couple of weeks I've just been gate trashing. When doing that, I am always outnumbered and I get dismounted all the f***ing time. On gate trash chars, yes I will run jitsu to escape the constant dismount ganks.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a good time at the gate tonight. Thanks to cookie and lestat for helping a brother relearn some UO. sorry I couldnt be more of a PVP but its hard with the Haji net(lot of rubberbanding)( got my internet from mecca)
good fight against those MvP guys, but uh was the rez kill really necessary? Over all a good evening and to tiger, hey man like i said didnt know you were going to come outside your house and fight one on one, sorry bout the hits on you, but i guess you really cant complain after calling in that gang of MvP.
stay frosty chesa.

L

longshanks

Just get your butt home in one piece bro.

lmao. talbo's playing half way round the world and mvp guys still house hiding till he gets the numbers...

now thats funny...

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just get your butt home in one piece bro.

lmao. talbo's playing half way round the world and mvp guys still house hiding till he gets the numbers...

now thats funny...

LMAO!

Seriously tho get home in one piece man, I respect you and everything you do to protect the freedoms of the best country on earth. Thank You!

I also want to challenge Turtle in SL to post a few screenies of him fighting at yew or in despise. You are fast as hell sir, I don't want to call you a cheater.. so prove me wrong...I prefer to assume good internet and a good rig vs the alternative...but man you are fast when you outrun someone on foot while they are on a mount...

L

longshanks

LMAO!

Seriously tho get home in one piece man, I respect you and everything you do to protect the freedoms of the best country on earth. Thank You!

I also want to challenge Turtle in SL to post a few screenies of him fighting at yew or in despise. You are fast as hell sir, I don't want to call you a cheater.. so prove me wrong...I prefer to assume good internet and a good rig vs the alternative...but man you are fast when you outrun someone on foot while they are on a mount...
sometimes if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....

good fight in despise last nite, till my neighborhood had a black out. i looked in my bank box this morning and it was overflowing with oath/mvp/emp gold...

Bhuddakan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Heyas,
Was thinking about coming back to UO after reading Ed Mac posting his old videos on Stratics. Played a scribe mage/wrestle/mage named Tao(long after the template went out of style) that was in Champs and Uhoh for a bit before. Hey Ed, Lac and Ava any suggestions or is it even worth coming back at all?

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just get your butt home in one piece bro....
Not long now brother. Thanks man I will definitely get in contact with you when I get back. Im going to take ICM up on his offer to teach me some mageing skills if it still stands I'll be sporting the deathrobes a little more libral than most peopl are used to, but im going to have a blast dieing to all of you guys. I already talked to Tread, he is down with any fight so be on the look out for a two to three man element running through just trying to live'n things up a bit.
icm420
Re: Chesapeake PVP Thread

now thats funny...

LMAO!

Thanks ICM Its sincerely appreciated. I hope your patient with me while I try to learn, Im real good at RL PvP, but a little slow on screen. Ill Pm you when I get back as well, Maybe we can run some if you dont have anything else going on.

L

longshanks

real life pvp. lol

bet ur a legendary death striker over there.

they yell allah akbar and you yel kas vas flam baby.

go get em tiger.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

they yell allah akbar and you yel kas vas flam baby.

LMAO..

Fun fight at desert last night, seemed like the only thing MVP accomplished was res kill a thrower a couple of times. Coon dropped, nothing good so I went red..again..

Then MVP has the balls to fight in despise.. by summoning hell hounds and not fighting anyone. This hellhound thing is stupid, some MVP rolls down and pops ancient hell hounds because they are nothing but dexxers who get trapped and die in despise everytime they come down...

IDK seems pretty stupid to me...obviously someone was upset at all the 20 minute time outs given last night...

Btw 80 ninja is mandatory for any character to be able to join MVP...

L

longshanks

despite the lack of activity on this thread, fights have been picking up. uhoh popped 2 harry's this weekend and had fights at both. we held the spawn on saturday and got out with the scrolls and lost the harry on sunday as mvp must have called everyone cause there numbers kept increasing. we had the harry 1/8th life and lost it. sucked for me as i had to be at a bbq and couldnt stick around.

anyway good to see more people in the field of late. chessy was really slow for the past few months.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
despite the lack of activity on this thread, fights have been picking up. uhoh popped 2 harry's this weekend and had fights at both. we held the spawn on saturday and got out with the scrolls and lost the harry on sunday as mvp must have called everyone cause there numbers kept increasing. we had the harry 1/8th life and lost it. sucked for me as i had to be at a bbq and couldnt stick around.

anyway good to see more people in the field of late. chessy was really slow for the past few months.
yea I tried to solo raid 4 Uhoh last night in despise. Probably not the best idea when I'm lagging. Probably a worse idea when they're in the same faction as me and I'm a tamer mage on a dread mare.