• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We took it back, got a 120sword and 120archery :). If fulc hadn't killed our other mage in the begining it may have been more fun. I'll take some screenies tonight :).

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't have a program to take screenies so I only was able to get one tonight near the end of a long despise fight. I saw a ton of people down there, mostly pain and ld, this screenie tho is of just ld .. I guess they won.

Attachments

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Roar runs a lot. I'm not too bright and don't know how to screen shot... But Roar likes to run... and disarm then run. Granted I got to the fight and it became a 2 v 1... but still. I was 1 v 1 for a while and there was lots of running (and disarming) involved on Roar's part.

Come on Man!

L

longshanks

who doesnt run?

dragon tamer?
wintsmar?

wanna see someone disarm, fight bam bam or one of the gs stooges.

theres no chivalry bro. your in the dirty end of the pool.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
you might even say the filthy end of the pool...

and i'm not complaining, just talking some poo. well, maybe i'm complaining a little because i didn't kill Roar, but that's my fault, so I can't really compain too much.

stop pissing in the pool everyone!

M

Mr Moosestache

Hello Deacon. You are a giant moose knuckle. That is all.

PS. How is the kid?

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't have a program to take screenies so I only was able to get one tonight near the end of a long despise fight. I saw a ton of people down there, mostly pain and ld, this screenie tho is of just ld .. I guess they won.
That was a veryy fun fight :).. U got a decent crew now juicy, u should join factions. That was us, against u guys, against pain i believe.. was a few weeks back but fun nonetheless :p

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LD raided like once on GL and got stomped. Havent seen you guys since.

And LOL at the Atlantic comment, keep dreaming Lynk.
Solus why do you always talk nonsense, ur MM crew wont even fight us on ATL, we raided Destard the other day with 4 of us against 5 mm and one blue, ur whole crew ran for the door and we killed two on the way. Whatd they do next, hid at the abyssal horror spawn and fought blues for like 30 mins till six of us showed up. We dropped all 11 blues that had ur crew pinned down. Then went to drop your crew and the ones that werent red ran out the abyss entrance and the ones that were red ran out t2a but that wasnt before we dropped 4 of them. So hushhh.

P.S. U are absolutely right we get crushed on GL with our 8-10 against 40 dc and crew combined lol. Both those guilds are too scared to join factions bc they know what would happen.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solus why do you always talk nonsense, ur MM crew wont even fight us on ATL, we raided Destard the other day with 4 of us against 5 mm and one blue, ur whole crew ran for the door and we killed two on the way. Whatd they do next, hid at the abyssal horror spawn and fought blues for like 30 mins till six of us showed up. We dropped all 11 blues that had ur crew pinned down. Then went to drop your crew and the ones that werent red ran out the abyss entrance and the ones that were red ran out t2a but that wasnt before we dropped 4 of them. So hushhh.

P.S. U are absolutely right we get crushed on GL with our 8-10 against 40 dc and crew combined lol. Both those guilds are too scared to join factions bc they know what would happen.

Too many faction pop-shot archers on GL.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a veryy fun fight :).. U got a decent crew now juicy, u should join factions. That was us, against u guys, against pain i believe.. was a few weeks back but fun nonetheless :p
I just got back from vacation :) while PA was getting rained on I was big chillin in Flordia in the nice weather.

I doubt we will ever join factions, 75% of TKO are casual pvpers, some guys log on once or twice a month for a couple hours, others are 1-2 year players and are still learning the ropes, and we have seasonal players, some play only in the winter and some only in the summer, etc etc. We also never boot for inactivity so some guys prolly have quit but are still hanging around in the guild.

Mayb we will look into it but I doubt it, I love pvp but I die so damn much I hate sitting around for 20 minutes because I whiffed a teleport or a wall or something stupid.

L

longshanks

oblivion dont let him sheet ya,

he wasnt on vacation. he was playing a stealth archer in real life.

good fights tonight. no hurt on amber giving some trash talk. was all in fun.

most we had in vent was 8 by the by. i had to duck out mid fight to help the 8 year old with math homework. amber is a pixel. she dont sweat fights.

omni needs to take his meds. :coco:

oh and i just really like the word CLOWN STOMP

Guess it touched a nerve. :lick:

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oblivion dont let him sheet ya,

he wasnt on vacation. he was playing a stealth archer in real life.
Soon I hope! I gotta start shooting my bow and I doubt I will be playing a whole lot.. unless I get a nice buck early on in the season. I just got my 8 pointer from last year that I had mounted and I'm ready to go get another. :p

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Screw you icm the rain wasn't funny :lick:. If this season is anything like last season its going to be a bust all around.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get much archery in last season, but opening day of shotgun (i don't live in a rifle area), my cousin and I both had bucks by 9am. My uncle then got one later in the season with a muzzelloader. Mine was a nice 8 point, not a beast but respectable and the best one I've gotten. I had him mounted :). My little cousin got a 4 pointer, hes 13 years old it was his first deer. So it was a good season for us last year. I want to archery hunt more this year, but the way this rain has been I don't know when I will get a chance to shoot and I may not get out in the woods until late. I love hunting. Fishing is cool but hunting is my thing. Lol.

L

longshanks

dont be talking about mounting things on this board.

im in miami south beach tonite and its just tooo much.

peace.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are rifle areas near me, but in my county you can't really hunt at all. Of course there are deers everywhere. Where your allowed to hunt, not one damn deer.

L

longshanks

There are rifle areas near me, but in my county you can't really hunt at all. Of course there are deers everywhere. Where your allowed to hunt, not one damn deer.
sometimes its better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly they would flat arrest you if you were caught. Not to mention losing your license and your rifle. Its pretty busy around me as I live 5 minutes from Philadelphia.

L

longshanks

Guess its the whole shard against P@IN now. Saw mvp/ld team up against us saturday nite in destard. we killed the champ and than slaughtered you all as the fight spilled to ice island.

last nite in fire was crazy as we were overrun by ld dtf and that sl tag team.
plus a few of the oath blubies.

was fun though. dont cry we roll numbers cause we only had 8 on in vent. 6were actually at the fire spawn as two guy were down channel somewhere else prior to joining the fight late.

on a side note, props to carlin on giving back that gear to my guildmate. was much appreciated and will do the same if it happens to anyone in your crew.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess its the whole shard against P@IN now. Saw mvp/ld team up against us saturday nite in destard. we killed the champ and than slaughtered you all as the fight spilled to ice island.

was fun though. dont cry we roll numbers cause we only had 8 on in vent. 6were actually at the fire spawn as two guy were down channel somewhere else prior to joining the fight late.

on a side note, props to carlin on giving back that gear to my guildmate. was much appreciated and will do the same if it happens to anyone in your crew.
It was nice to actually find a fight on chessy away from the gate. Normally when I'm online it's just gate fighting/house hiding. Been awhile Since I'd been at a decent three way fight like lastnights fire fight.

I'd say numbers were fairly even all around. There was no "ZERG" in lastnights fight that I saw.

I've really gotta get another mage going on the shard. Fighting in grinder type fights with no med is a bit of a pain.

L

longshanks

it was good.

funny thing was chessy got quiet this past week. we been pretty much spawning at will and even got a harry off saturday with no resistance.

i pushed my guild to do a semi as if you leave the rank and file to its own devices they will spawn rats all day.

all of a sudden .... boom. all hell broke loose.

L

longshanks

So looks like Oath is now LD's meat sheild.

How do Oath people wear that Tag with any pride in Chessy.

I'd leave the game before I'd be that much of a bottom feeder.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So looks like Oath is now LD's meat sheild.

I'd leave the game before I'd be that much of a bottom feeder.
Every time I check this forum you accuse LD of teaming up with someone, yet any time I have ever been in vent we have never worked with anyone.

Does the accusation spawn from your team losing a fight?

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OATH are so used to leeching of other PvP guilds they can't help themselves. Kinda like jailbait to a sugardaddy. :()

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OATH are so used to leeching of other PvP guilds they can't help themselves. Kinda like jailbait to a sugardaddy. :()
I dunno why but that made me giggle irl.....just like Lynks private parts makes girls giggle....

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A lot of them don't.... too ashamed.

I laughed the other night when someone called milkbone out as LD's errand boy (or something like that). I found that quite humorous. Of course, he as also been called P@!N's lookout boy too... I guess nobody likes that guy... except me of course.

L

longshanks

Every time I check this forum you accuse LD of teaming up with someone, yet any time I have ever been in vent we have never worked with anyone.

Does the accusation spawn from your team losing a fight?
We win some we lose some. Sure looked like you were working together at the lich spawn several days ago. We also saw Goldberg working with you against us on the weekends when he plays.

Frankly I was just trying to get some dialogue going on this thread.

I'd rather it be about pvp than whether your private parts make girls giggle with delight or pity. Judging from how much u play this game though i'm afraid its the latter :mf_prop:

totally kidding. Deacon's a scream. :thumbup:

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used to run a small Chaos warring guild on Chesapeake in the Pre-UO:R and UO:R days and, while I have kept my account active, I really haven't played much since 2003. Now I want to get back into the game, but I really have no clue about effective templates, gear, and PvP strategies. Is there anyone who might be willing to take me on as a training project to get me back up to speed on current PvP?

If you think you would be willing to help, I'm on ICQ at 20760165. I am not looking for handouts of any kind, but more of someone to pass on knowledge and maybe some sparring/training sessions. Thanks!

L

longshanks

while i banter with lynk some back and forth on the boards I think he is one of the most astute temp builders in the game.

Check out some of his temps in the spellcaster and warrior forums. he has listed some nice relevant builds with some theory on how to best use them.

with the changes to sdi most mage templates are now relevent again, where as prior to that all you saw were mystic mages.

peace

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
while i banter with lynk some back and forth on the boards I think he is one of the most astute temp builders in the game.

Check out some of his temps in the spellcaster and warrior forums. he has listed some nice relevant builds with some theory on how to best use them.

with the changes to sdi most mage templates are now relevent again, where as prior to that all you saw were mystic mages.

peace
Thanks for the info, but I really need more than template advice. I have been away for so long that no amount of reading has been able to catch me up. For example, when you talk about SDI and Mystic mages, I wouldn't even know where to start with either of those. I know what SDI is at a very high level, but I have never built a suit of armor since AoS so I don't even know what makes a good piece of equipment.

In some ways, I feel even more lost than a new player. At least a new player would be coming in with an open mind, whereas I have preconceptions about how the game worked before AoS, which is obviously completely different than how the game works now. I know if I try to learn everything on my own I probably won't last long, so that is why I'm really hoping someone will be willing to help out. Someone must be bored enough that they wouldn't mind taking on a squire. :)

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First of all bro, U have the most numbers! therefore if its a bunch of small guilds vs one big one, it tends to reason that the small ones would kill the big one first, and then try to fight over the spoils. It is very similar to havin 2 guilds in one faction for instance P@!N and EMP, if you guys are fighting and we show up, u instantly target us cuz same factions attack opposing factions first. Its just the way it goes

Furthermore LD is not aligned in any way with MVP or OATH! A few of us are very close friends with goldy because of when we were in MVP. Me, stuii, deceptive, bam. So if its not our whole guild and we arent forced to kill him, we will play with him whenever we want :p Just figured i'd clear some issues up for ya buddy

L

longshanks

i know u guys are still close with goldy so it would stand to reason you would stand with him. he is with oath so i just pointed out on that particular nite we not only dealth with you (LD) which is handful enough for us, but also with oath and on that nite dtf, emp and those two honest players turtle/teflon.

was a good fight though. you guys are fun to fight. we need to be on top of our game or you will surely wreck us. also you guys have showed us how to fight in stat so its been a ton of fun.

i dont know about us having numbers though. we got guys that are playing pretty sporadically right now, myself included. if we get 8 in vent its a good nite.

to just returned pvp guy. give us an idea of what temp you want to play and im sure we can get u some advise on how to set urself up. imho, the more that want to pvp the better. you should defiantely get a primer on how imbuing works or get with someone who knows how to build suits. no offense but everything you think you knew is outdated now.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are fighting with a group, make a mystic mage.

If you are going to be solo, make a poisoning dexer.

If you want to do both, a poison/mystic mage is fun to play.

L

longshanks

good fights this weekend at the P@in harry in destard sat and at the minax base on sunday. we had fun.

T

Tertius Wands

Any PVP guild willing to have an unskilled reporter tag along to report on their weekend adventures please contact me. I promise to not reveal any secrets just advertise what you all do and how any fights go.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havn't been on OSI in a bit, how's the fighting? By the lack of use this board gets I would assume worse then ever.. :/

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havn't been on OSI in a bit, how's the fighting? By the lack of use this board gets I would assume worse then ever.. :/
Actually hasn't been too bad. I've only been online 3 times for about an hour each login and I have found fights on Chessy.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice! I may have to come back.. I just hate gargoyles horribly and lost interest in most pvp since all i was see was gargs. I love mage fights personally. PLAY MORE MAGES CHESSY U GARGOYLE *****S>! .. lol

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There are definately gargoyles... but not everyone by any means. Magery has slowed some right now, but I think mages will make a comback. The only thing missing on Chessy is a good number of reds. Unless one of the bigger guilds is on, almost everybody is blue or faction blue.

Also, I have noticed a disturbing numbers of ninjas lately. Not sure why this has happene but it has.

You shouldn't be so racist against the gargs... embrace change! :)

T

Turles

well its good to know people still are playing uo. i just moved myself maybe after i get the job up an runnin ill come back an see how good things are goin

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You shouldn't be so racist against the gargs... embrace change! :)
They are fugly.. I have no interest in it at all. I also hate being hit 8 out of 10 swings. But thats how UO is.. the tactics patch years ago is what really killed this game in my opinion but everyone has that one patch they pancake about. Mayb I was just a noob or mayb it was for real but I swear the quality of pvpers, especially mages, has declined significantly since. I know that the people who taught me the ropes are rarely if ever matched today. And you know I am that red your missing... I AM CHESSY'S MURDERER! ... lol.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Fun fight last night in despise! Lots of people on many different teams. I'm also glad to have had a couple of old Chessy players there visiting from their new home on Europa. Yeah for good fights!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya it was fun fights on Chessy.

Think I need to bring a champ killer over here.

L

longshanks

theres been a fair amount of gate fighting recently. spawns have been pretty dead as we run them all the time. S^E only spawns if they have numbers. PITS will spawn but there not much competition, however they will return after you kill them so i applaud there efforts.

Wondered where you went Turles. Hope your settling in well. Havent seen hardly any UHOH kids aside from Tom running solo here and there.

What happend to LD. You guys throw pug out? i see some ld and some umad guys now. Also Goldberg and his sweetie are more active.

We at P@IN have been hit and miss. Had a good crew on last nite but weve had some guys leave UO due to rl stuff and some nites not many on. UO is so fickle as far as getting consistent head counts in vent sometimes.

To Juicy: I have requested more in P@IN to run red mages at both spawns and the gate. Unlike S^E we dont have a lot of ninjas or gargoyles for that matter. Being i learned under you ill do my best to have my guys kicking it old school.