• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Back Lost Months?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was hacked 2003-2004 , contacted support every year until 2018 they finally restored my account which from 1998 is 78 months old:(

All vet rewards gone , support says tough .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Because they're the ones that sold your vet rewards. LOL

jeremy roe

Adventurer
Because they're the ones that sold your vet rewards. LOL
Why punish a willing paying customer? A major reason 400k plus members quit was due to historically poor support for hacked players. Here people are proposing buying back their vet status for a broke division of EA in a spare closet. Lol

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
All and I mean all veteran rewards should be sold at that store..that or a token which gives you an additional pick.

But this would make too much sense so it will never happen.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All and I mean all veteran rewards should be sold at that store..that or a token which gives you an additional pick.

Wouldn't they have to rename it though? At that point it's not really a veteran reward now is it?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nope they should add a vet title that is not in the store, for each year that can be claimed and that way the people that have the need can run around pointing out their title and their accont age and still feel very special.

jeremy roe

Adventurer
No because you would still get your additional Vet Picks each year.
Think of it this way... You have less than 1% of the player base from pre2003... Why not do more to make paying customers happy? Its bad enough that the 3d was done by my toddler

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As someone mentioned above, this whole thing boils down to shard shields. Problem is, if they allowed everyone to buy up their account age to the point that everyone had shard shields then they would have essentially eliminated a source of income from the sales of regular shard transfer tokens. While it would be a boon in the beginning it would end up being a net loss. The only reason that the shard shields concept doesn't hurt them financially is because so few have them.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As someone mentioned above, this whole thing boils down to shard shields. Problem is, if they allowed everyone to buy up their account age to the point that everyone had shard shields then they would have essentially eliminated a source of income from the sales of regular shard transfer tokens. While it would be a boon in the beginning it would end up being a net loss. The only reason that the shard shields concept doesn't hurt them financially is because so few have them.
Accept that if you limited it to account creation date only accounts created at least 14 years before would be eligible to take advantage of it solely for shard shields.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't they have to rename it though? At that point it's not really a veteran reward now is it?
If they want to put [Replica] after it I really don't care lol. I either care about what it does or the look of the graphic. Now if you actually have a problem with the term veteran reward... well... you earned it with time and dollars... or dollars.... or whatever. It's still what it is regardless of how you acquired it. If there's a veteran reward I can't get and I buy it with gold, it's still called a veteran reward. I'm still getting a reward "I don't qualify for" sorta thing. That's my best discussion of a topic I could care less about ;)

Jed Eckert

Visitor
Someone should bring up this subject tonight at the meet and greet. I'm still at work not sure if I will be home in time to ask it.