• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Back Lost Months?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm all for this idea as long as...

A) You can only buy back months up to your accounts creation date, so can't buy 20 years on an account created 10 year ago
B) Would have to pay 5-7$ per recovered month, price is based on the cheapest i've seen gametime sell for

This would be all around positive for the game and it's players :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
But Shard Shields really are the most valuable commodity for those making $'s out of this game.
Currently, they can't transfer their goods themselves, without paying ppl lots of gold for transferring their goods for them.
Making Shard Transfer shields available denigrates the worth of "Loyal Vets" & would make the Dupers & multi-shard idoc'ers even richer.
This in turn, skews the economy negatively even further than it already is, with higher prices.

With that said, ALL Vet Rewards should be earned by "True Loyal Vets".
Not ppl who could just buy them from the store with real $'s.
Not everyone is a lovely player who regrets the years they couldn't play.
Many of them are just farmers (duping & idocs) looking to increase their wealth.

If they weren't, cross-shard idoc'ers (who use scripts to pillage & dupers) I would agree.
But opening the floodgates to be able to purchase missing years or buy transfer sheilds, would make the game totally unplayable for regular players who perhaps missed a few years of playing & would like said shields.
@Bonnie, @Bleak , this game need to protected for "true players" who have paid their dues, without exploiting this game.
(Wish my links worked to draw attention to those that matter. at least I linked Bleak :)
It's your "loyal vets" that got UO all jacked up like it is now lol. The greed of a few, to me, is not a big motivation to keeping things the way they are now. So duping and IDOCs is a privilege of the "loyal vets"? This doesn't hold water. Shards are dying, but as long as the good ole boy club on Atlantic keeps rolling along screw everyone else and the rest of the shards? Pathetic.... In one sentence you say "cross-shard idoc'ers (who use scripts to pillage & dupers)" and yet only the "true vet players who have paid their dues, without exploiting this game" could actually do lol. You gotta pick a side ;)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
"Personally I think you all are crazy! This idea of buying up account age could totally screw up the account management system!"

*stops and thinks for a minute while filling up his glass with some Good Old Moonglow Red*

"Wait never mind what I just said."

*grumbles as bit and takes a swig of some Good Old Moonglow Red and settles back into his chair by the fire thoughtfully*

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've already stated my views. I would be all for it if ...
1. It is capped at somewhere around 3-5 years.
2. Price is reasonable - rate as determined by current account level (month, 6-month, etc).

I pay (with tax) $64.79 every 6 months. A 3-year buy-back (my personal cap) would be about $390 or so. I'd do that. Seriously. As to the "loyal vets" and so forth ... while you were playing, sharding, IDOCing, etc ... some of us had RL things to take care of that prevented playing like we wanted. All we want is PART of that time ... part, not all.

Jed Eckert

Visitor
A player shouldn't have to go to third party websites to buy an account when their own personal account is capable from creation date to have shields. And that is what it comes down to sadly. You also cant fully expect someone to pay full price for buy back months because in doing so you lose the playing time associated with each month's subscription lost. I agree there is a group of people who don't want others to have transfer ability out of greed but regardless the smaller servers need this ability because it could open up more people buying on populated shards and returning stock to smaller shards for inspired merchants. As of right now, all non-Atlantic servers are farm pits for idocs where all of our items are being removed from our smaller economies and all taken to Atlantic to end up on vendors for the exclusive wealthy on that server like a smorgasbord. Opening up a month buy back plan would essentially help battle this dilemma for small shards wanting to provide merchant services like a trade route back and forth. So many people are screwed and will be screwed on Endless Journey who don't have the gold to buy transfer tokens back and forth to Atlantic as well as many of us who watch a certain hardcore script idocer guy farm our beloved server like his own cash cow. I'm tired of having to pay 150mil to xfer to Atlantic to buy one powerscroll worth 20mil.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm tired of having to pay 150mil to xfer to Atlantic to buy one powers roll worth 20mil.
I do not care if people buy time at $10 or $16 a month. I paid, they paid. Let them have a shield.

Why are you paying to get stuff from Atl? There has to be players on your shard that would bring back stuff at cost. If you are on LS theres 3 regular travelers that announce in chat.

Jed Eckert

Visitor
I do not care if people buy time at $10 or $16 a month. I paid, they paid. Let them have a shield.

Why are you paying to get stuff from Atl? There has to be players on your shard that would bring back stuff at cost. If you are on LS theres 3 regular travelers that announce in chat.
I dont care that you dont care. Buying back months is going to happen, got email from mesanna about it today so doesn't matter.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I dont care that you dont care. Buying back months is going to happen, got email from mesanna about it today so doesn't matter.
I've gotten similar emails in the past and got really excited about a few issues. Nothing happened. So take those with a grain of salt. She really doesn't like saying no to people :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make a token with 1-5-10-15-20 year vet rewards at $5-$10-$50-$75-$100 per token. When clicked the token opens up the vet reward gump and say you bought a 10 year token you can pick anything from 10th year down to 1st year. Would save a lot of confusion and headaches with this buying acct age idea. They would make A LOT of MONEY. EVERYONE would be happy........ well except for some of my fellow 20 year vets that believe their dookie don't stink and that they are very special :) There is NOTHING in the vet rewards selection that is epic game changing or shifts the balance of game play. WHO CARES IF EVERYONE HAS A FULL SET OF SHARD SHIELDS if someone wants to drop $75 on one shard shield or $100 on a rideable dragon how does that impact anyone elses legit game play? IT DOESN'T. Only thing it would do is make a few fragile snowflakes feel a little less special.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets let everyone just buy everything and end it all..

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just make a token with 1-5-10-15-20 year vet rewards at $5-$10-$50-$75-$100 per token. When clicked the token opens up the vet reward gump and say you bought a 10 year token you can pick anything from 10th year down to 1st year. Would save a lot of confusion and headaches with this buying acct age idea. They would make A LOT of MONEY. EVERYONE would be happy........ well except for some of my fellow 20 year vets that believe their dookie don't stink and that they are very special :) There is NOTHING in the vet rewards selection that is epic game changing or shifts the balance of game play. WHO CARES IF EVERYONE HAS A FULL SET OF SHARD SHIELDS if someone wants to drop $75 on one shard shield or $100 on a rideable dragon how does that impact anyone elses legit game play? IT DOESN'T. Only thing it would do is make a few fragile snowflakes feel a little less special.
Another solution I'd agree with...

So far... Just buying the vet rewards just like RMT sites, but including usable Shard Shields or Allowing us to buy game time retroactively that also allows us the month of game play. For example... I created my account in 2000, but have only actively subscribed for 1 year. I should be allowed to buy 17 years of game time to give my account an age of 18 years. I wouldn't have to pay a dime for another 17 years or until game closes.

Both of these suggested compromises to my original point of paying $5 a month for just aging an account are ones I'm okay with, personally.

I'm also okay with no change at all and just an understanding that if more useful items are added in the future they should be added in the year one to three range.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another solution I'd agree with...

So far... Just buying the vet rewards just like RMT sites, but including usable Shard Shields or Allowing us to buy game time retroactively that also allows us the month of game play. For example... I created my account in 2000, but have only actively subscribed for 1 year. I should be allowed to buy 17 years of game time to give my account an age of 18 years. I wouldn't have to pay a dime for another 17 years or until game closes.

Both of these suggested compromises to my original point of paying $5 a month for just aging an account are ones I'm okay with, personally.

I'm also okay with no change at all and just an understanding that if more useful items are added in the future they should be added in the year one to three range.
My biggest problem with the vet reward system is that it has some cool and useful stuff non of which changes game balance. So when a person starts playing............ DO they have any hope of ever reaching the 10 year mark let alone the 20. Removing the age restrictions to use the vet rewards was a good thing, making shard shield shields acct bound also a good idea. At this point in UO history maintaining the status quo is just foolish.

"True Vet" "Loyal Paying subscribers" stop drinking the Koolaid.
So How is someone who has legitimately paid monthly for a UO subscription (which kept UO funded & viable for 20 years laughable to you @Lore .

Without those Vets who continued to subside development of UO - e.g. Pay some Developers Wages over the Years, UO would not still exist 20 Years on.
Think about it in Business Terms...

My biggest problem with the vet reward system is that it has some cool and useful stuff non of which changes game balance. So when a person starts playing............ DO they have any hope of ever reaching the 10 year mark let alone the 20. Removing the age restrictions to use the vet rewards was a good thing, making shard shield shields acct bound also a good idea. At this point in UO history maintaining the status quo is just foolish.
So many or the Vet Rewards can be "paid for". They are not Game Changing, but eye-candy.
Shard Shields are in a completely different league.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So How is someone who has legitimately paid monthly for a UO subscription (which kept UO funded & viable for 20 years laughable to you @Lore .

Without those Vets who continued to subside development of UO - e.g. Pay some Developers Wages over the Years, UO would not still exist 20 Years on.
Did those of us who paid those 20+ years do so for access to the game and content or so we could collect vet rewards? I would argue we got what we paid for via the content and the Vet rewards were just some extra gravy they tossed on the biscuit. NO ONE is saying take the 2 free picks we get per account every year away. What is being said is let everyone else have some of the gravy, it ain't like us vets are going to get shorted anything.

So many or the Vet Rewards can be "paid for". They are not Game Changing, but eye-candy.
Shard Shields are in a completely different league.
If someone wants to drop $75-$100 for a shard shield that is a good thing and would probably at least triple the sales of transfer token at 5x the cost of transfer token. And shard shield in no way impact anyone else game play. Allowing everyone access to them at this point would cause no more or less harm than the shields and transfers in general already have.

Wait it would affect one group of folks game play, it would probably hurt the RMT black market transfer tokens market :)

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

LOL Yea, let's alienate new people in any fashion. Always good for business. Like giving someone something is alienating someone that already has it anyways. That's non-sequitur logic right there. Selfish people play alone.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if people are really concerned about new/returning players, maybe solution would be you can buy time to get your account up to ten years old but with no vet rewards.
ps Ive been loyal but dumb and picked many vet rewards that are worthless now like many old vet players did. I was hoping they have some type of vet reward turn in for all the worthless rewards but this wont happen lol

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Really the only reason to buy up months at this point is to get to 14 years so you can have shard shields or maybe additional vet reward pics so you can select shard shields.

That being said, it really is more cost effective to just by a transfer token from the store. You can transport a ton more and your stable with those.

There are plenty of people out there who have a bunch of shard shield transfer tokens, which they don't know what to do with, who will basically transfer things for you for free if you make a nice post requesting some help.

If you engage nicely with a community in a community based game, that community will help you achieve your goals.

Yes yes I know all the arguments about shard shield drama. You flat out don't need to move a rare from an event to Atlantic in order to sell it. You can sell it right from the shard it is sitting on and people will buy it no problem, paying you where you want your gold, and moving it themselves when they feel its convenient.

Working together in community you can pretty much accomplish anything.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really the only reason to buy up months at this point is to get to 14 years so you can have shard shields or maybe additional vet reward pics so you can select shard shields.

That being said, it really is more cost effective to just by a transfer token from the store. You can transport a ton more and your stable with those.

There are plenty of people out there who have a bunch of shard shield transfer tokens, which they don't know what to do with, who will basically transfer things for you for free if you make a nice post requesting some help.

If you engage nicely with a community in a community based game, that community will help you achieve your goals.

Yes yes I know all the arguments about shard shield drama. You flat out don't need to move a rare from an event to Atlantic in order to sell it. You can sell it right from the shard it is sitting on and people will buy it no problem, paying you where you want your gold, and moving it themselves when they feel its convenient.

Working together in community you can pretty much accomplish anything.
They can't move your character. I'm not a rares collector. I have one character with a full set of soul stones for every skill. That character has every 120 PS in the game used, he's got all primers at 2 and some at 3, and every recipe learned. That is the thing I need moved. I'd rather have the shard shields myself. I'm not interested in buying/selling, rare collecting, event farming, or anything else that may be deemed nefarious that has somehow burned people. I just want to be able to play on Atlantic with people and have a house there and play on Chessy with the people there.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
They can't move your character. I'm not a rares collector. I have one character with a full set of soul stones for every skill. That character has every 120 PS in the game used, he's got all primers at 2 and some at 3, and every recipe learned. That is the thing I need moved. I'd rather have the shard shields myself. I'm not interested in buying/selling, rare collecting, event farming, or anything else that may be deemed nefarious that has somehow burned people. I just want to be able to play on Atlantic with people and have a house there and play on Chessy with the people there.
Uhm, a full transfer token does move your character, your stable, and about 800+ items......

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Uhm, a full transfer token does move your character, your stable, and about 800+ items......
Is your point that shard shields are useless? Because people use them. Is this really something we have to argue about and I have to back up with data that I don't have?

Is it that you think the cost of advancing an account's age is higher than just buying tokens when you want them? I'd disagree. If I advanced my accounts age to the desired year I could transfer to many places and explore around for free after an initial investment. Someone on AOL Legends wants to do some D&D in game? I can transfer there... Someone is making a fun dungeon run back on Chessy? I can transfer there... It's a lot less cumbersome when you don't have to pay every time and you make an investment for shields.

I know you know shard shields have unlimited uses outside of cool downs...

I'm putting way more effort into this conversation than a solution like this would actually solve for me anyways. It'd just be nice is all my point is. I don't, and never will, understand the mentality that some people deserve even the opportunity that others don't. I know, the next thing said "You had opportunity to pay, blah blah blah." Yea, well I don't. Give me the opportunity to buy back time and that's fine too. But I want the game time with it like you all got.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually someone could move your soul stones to a shard and you can use a character there to put the skills on.

Jed Eckert

Visitor
Is your point that shard shields are useless? Because people use them. Is this really something we have to argue about and I have to back up with data that I don't have?

Is it that you think the cost of advancing an account's age is higher than just buying tokens when you want them? I'd disagree. If I advanced my accounts age to the desired year I could transfer to many places and explore around for free after an initial investment. Someone on AOL Legends wants to do some D&D in game? I can transfer there... Someone is making a fun dungeon run back on Chessy? I can transfer there... It's a lot less cumbersome when you don't have to pay every time and you make an investment for shields.

I know you know shard shields have unlimited uses outside of cool downs...

I'm putting way more effort into this conversation than a solution like this would actually solve for me anyways. It'd just be nice is all my point is. I don't, and never will, understand the mentality that some people deserve even the opportunity that others don't. I know, the next thing said "You had opportunity to pay, blah blah blah." Yea, well I don't. Give me the opportunity to buy back time and that's fine too. But I want the game time with it like you all got.
I couldn't agree more, Lore. Its not like veteran rewards are unscathed from monetary debauchery in violation of its original intent. I mean anyone can use any year vet reward which is not how they were intended to be used. The same can be said about shard shields but that ship has already sailed and is gone. There is no reason not to allow a buy back program as long as the account is dated back far enough and is actually missing months which can be replaced from Inactivity. Why should I have to risk buying an account from a third party site when my account has the potential to do what any 20 year account can do being its dated 12/97?? I dont want to give up my home server but without proper stock on our server to run successful shops, etc its almost like an indirect forced migration pushed towards Atlantic. If this is the case, then do away with shard shields and just create one mega server and shut down the rest. At this point many small servers are just salvage pits for idocers who come to slap us in the face as they use cheat scripts to hard core farm our fallen players homes who have left the game only to remove all of those items from our server instead of reintegrating them back of which they would still profit from. Why not at least open a shop on our servers and sell many of the items back to the server you looted them from instead of taking often core essential items our smaller servers need? Our only answer on our smaller servers is that we need more players with shard shields so we can buy items on Atlantic and return with them for our vendors on our servers. Its an obvious answer to help revive our small decaying communities. The EMs act like they care about our smaller servers, well why not show it then and give us the ability to buy back our months to get shard shields so we can consistently move items back into our merchant communities when needed??!

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When someone hands off a platinum of rares to someone they trusted to transfer and they get ripped off everyone is gonna say they were an idiot :) I've seen that numerous times.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When someone hands off a platinum of rares to someone they trusted to transfer and they get ripped off everyone is gonna say they were an idiot :) I've seen that numerous times.
It consistently amazes me how trusting some people are with complete strangers. Since I've done free transfers for anyone who needs them for years, it happens to me quite often. A person who I've never met before will just hand me like 300m+ worth of stuff to transfer with no hesitation at all, and they often don't even check with the references I offer them to see if I'm trustworthy or not. I appreciate the trust of course, and I'd never take their stuff, but it's really not a good idea to just hand valuables over to anyone with shard shields unless you already have extensive positive experiences with them in other types of trading.

My favorite type of transfers are just moving other people's shard shield tokens to new shards they can't get to yet for them, since the token is worthless to anyone other than them, they don't have to worry about being robbed. It's a zero risk way to get a transfer done and totally avoids having to hand any valuables to someone else.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It consistently amazes me how trusting some people are with complete strangers. Since I've done free transfers for anyone who needs them for years, it happens to me quite often. A person who I've never met before will just hand me like 300m+ worth of stuff to transfer with no hesitation at all, and they often don't even check with the references I offer them to see if I'm trustworthy or not. I appreciate the trust of course, and I'd never take their stuff, but it's really not a good idea to just hand valuables over to anyone with shard shields unless you already have extensive positive experiences with them in other types of trading.

My favorite type of transfers are just moving other people's shard shield tokens to new shards they can't get to yet for them, since the token is worthless to anyone other than them, they don't have to worry about being robbed. It's a zero risk way to get a transfer done and totally avoids having to hand any valuables to someone else.
It is easier on Legends though as everyone knows everyone. Seriously lol. But even then I really hate to bother people unless I've been after something for a long time and can't find it. The logistics of the whole trading thing can get rather complicated though. Finding what you need, finding someone going there and back at the time your wanting it, scheduling meet up times and all that. But several people have helped me in the past and Uriah will always have my back if I seriously need something. But for normal day to day getting the things one needs shard shields are becoming a necessity. Legends people in general have learned to be highly self sufficient overall and I really don't like bothering people cause I suddenly decide I want to build an army of zombies statuettes or something :p I'm making a character on Atlantic just to be able to store stuff up and making the whole transfer thing cheaper and a little easier. But I'm making a guy on Atlantic and I actually need to play Atlantic to get the gold up to buy stuff and it's really not what I want to do. I want to play Legends :( To be forced to pay like 35 bucks round trip to take gold there and bring stuff back is really nuts. It's just a major rip off and I seldom do it. I'm at the point of just buying a vet account cause in the long run it would be cheaper. I would just drop another account if I did and EA gets nothing out of that.

[QUOTE="Lore, post: 2906783, member: 192838" I created my account in 2000, but have only actively subscribed for 1 year. [/QUOTE]

I think I understand your Vet hate a little more now...

You paid for one year and now you want what others have paid 14 years or more for, lolz...

So are you truly a fair person as you post?

So are you for straight out "game age" purchasing?
A brand new account could purchase up to the *.* year mark? What about someone with a 6 year old account that has been of the last 6 years? What about an account that is "aged more" than older accounts that quit the game?

So you bought an account so time ago.... does that give you privilege over a "younger account", just because you bought your account years before but they have more paid account time?

Why do you feel like you deserve a privledge becasue you bought your account in 2000 but only played- paid for 1 year?
Lore- "Actual vets can get over it. I'm more of a vet than most of you."

I have accounts that have more time in death robes than you do in paid time and you act as if "true vets" have contributed sheet to this game. As posted by Mystic it was us that kept the game alive and going.

You can actually solve your own problem by making and working chars on both your shards, why not do this? What do you think people did before transfer? From your post about all the training in skills and gear you have it shouldn't take you much time to build those chars.

Ultima Online, "In appreciation for our long-term players, Ultima Online currently offers a number of “Veteran Reward” gift sets,"

That is not you.... who's the snowflake buttercup, Ty?

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your argument is a fail in logic. It's a typical thing people do when they lose an argument. It's called an Ad Hominem argument. Instead of defending your point you attack me to try to make my point look less.

Your argument is a fail in logic. It's a typical thing people do when they lose an argument. It's called an Ad Hominem argument. Instead of defending your point you attack me to try to make my point look less.
I believe you made the first attack..."Actual vets can get over it. I'm more of a vet than most of you."
where was my attack on you?

I just poised some questions and quoted things you wrote?
Why have you dodged all the questions?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And would you really hand off $300 worth of soul stones full of skills that someone might move for you or might just dump them in the trash for 450,000 turn in points...... or hold them hostage until you pay some insane amount of gold to get them back. There are exactly 2 people in the game that I would trust to hold and move my stones and then only because I have known them for a LONG LONG time and outside of the game.

That being said if you ever need anything brought back to Legends or sent to ATL........ I pretty much always have a stack of ATL and Legends tokens laying around. Couple of folks can vouch for my honesty in moving stuff for them now and then.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am content with the fact that there is a reward system that rewards those who have consistently supported the game over time. This is one of few things you can't hit the easy button on or simply buy one's way into, which would diminish the value of the time and commitment of those who ground through it over the years. Rewards have been out for a long time, so we all knew that active subscription durations mattered.

If it means that I am "self-centered" because I maintain this point of view, then would it not also be self-centered for one to assume that they had some sort of entitlement, with no time commitment whatsoever to achieving the same result of those who have supported the game consistently?

Time is invaluable. Those who have fulfilled the commitment promised at the beginning of the veteran reward program should reap the benefits. Doing it any other way would diminish the value and credibility of the program altogether.

Sorry if you feel you're on the debate team but this is a simple discussion of a hypothetical scenario which has differing opinions that has winning or losing.

If the devs do decide to allow this it's a total win for me because I can access about 25 accounts from 97 & 98 and get as many vet rewards as I like for a messly $5 per vet month.
Actually now that I think that way I'm kinda for it. Like you I'd be getting off hella cheaper than $19.99 for transfers and I wouldn't have to burn Vet rewards on active accounts anymore!

And would you really hand off $300 worth of soul stones full of skills that someone might move for you or might just dump them in the trash for 450,000 turn in points...... or hold them hostage until you pay some insane amount of gold to get them back. There are exactly 2 people in the game that I would trust to hold and move my stones and then only because I have known them for a LONG LONG time and outside of the game.

That being said if you ever need anything brought back to Legends or sent to ATL........ I pretty much always have a stack of ATL and Legends tokens laying around. Couple of folks can vouch for my honesty in moving stuff for them now and then.
Well here is just another benefit of being a long term player and part of a community. You know people . You can trust certain people. Many people miss out of why UO was created and the intent of the "game play". IMHO many of the people that have been here for long term know this. True there are many people in UO long term that will scam you out of your goods, but those people are usually known in the community.

I blindly handed someone "I don't know" 100M to port for me to buy some rares as a gift to someone "I don't know" and right after I did it I just laughed because, "I know better" but I knew their reputation but still knew I could have just given it away. Even players I've met in person could still take the money and run but it's about building relationships.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You guys have it all wrong. The idea of buying up 'lost time' is a lost cause. Game is dying as it is...

What they need to do is level the playing field and remove ALL restrictions from Veteran Rewards.

Sense of entitlement is among the Veterans is disgusting.

Everyone should have equal access to all of UOs content without restrictions.

Newbie has 3 Veteran rewards...20 year Veteran has 20+ rewards...that IS YOUR REWARD.

Removing restrictions takes nothing away from veteran but gives to other players...wow...what a concept.

But really this is all about greed, in a game that needs all the help it can get.

The Avatar would be real proud of UO's veterans..:rolleyes:

No compassion, no humility, and no piety.:next:

WOW!!!
Kudos to you @Captn Norrington
Across my Years of Lurking on Stratics, I have seen many of your posts & also stumbled across your Houses in my travels.
I may look you up for a couple of transfers in the future. I have many things I need transferred to another shard & trying to work out who to Trust has been fruitless, so my items remain with Me.

Also, I have no idea, how these Shard Items Transfers/Tokens work, timers & how it all actually work?
I will talk to you about this once we touch base & see if you are able to help.

I feel that I can Trust, such a Well-Known entity, such as Yourself & will contact you to do my transfer. It will be much appreciated!.
(I am guessing that a Private Message here on Stratics would be the right way to contact you - rather than in General Chat?)

Looking forward to talking to you in the near future.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many of us old vets have shard shields... I do transfers for folk fairly often... I just don't look at things I'm transfering... keeps me from coveting whatever it is... besides if you start stealing from folk that ruins your rep. To me having a good rep as a trustworthy person is more important than some pixel crack. Having good friendships is more important than pixel crack as well.

Maybe that puts me in the minority but... I value my rep and my friends more than pixels.

Many of us old vets have shard shields... I do transfers for folk fairly often... I just don't look at things I'm transfering... keeps me from coveting whatever it is... besides if you start stealing from folk that ruins your rep. To me having a good rep as a trustworthy person is more important than some pixel crack. Having good friendships is more important than pixel crack as well.

Maybe that puts me in the minority but... I value my rep and my friends more than pixels.
Yep I tell peeps to mark a rune put their name on it or get a book and put their name in it, that's all Ilook at..... I used to do gold trades way back like tradespot did, talk about trusting someone!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get your stuff to Atlantic and we will get it to LS. Put you in our guild Ill give you a nice Cu. You will have everything you need in a month.

Jatwhal will help.

Get your stuff to Atlantic and we will get it to LS. Put you in our guild Ill give you a nice Cu. You will have everything you need in a month.

Jatwhal will help.
I'll teach him to sheer sheep, hahaha
that's gots to be fun +1

He doesn't need our help he has 58 soulstones loaded with power scrolled skills :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply @MalagAste
Trust in fellow Players, is really hard to ascertain in Our Online World. Even after a Month or 6 of "knowing" someone, You find out they are someone, not to be trusted.
Trust in "Anonymous Internet people" has been a hard thing for me to get past..... I do know there is good & decent players out there somewhere... but finding them is an absolute minefield of disappointment (In my experience)
I may also contact you sometime soon.
One thing I do acknowledge, is that well-known posters can definitely be trusted.
I truly appreciate that in among the chameleons & charlestons out there, that pretend to be decent people (in real life --- but turn out not to be...) that there truly are good hearted folks like You @MalagAste & @Captn Norrington

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys have it all wrong. The idea of buying up 'lost time' is a lost cause. Game is dying as it is...

What they need to do is level the playing field and remove ALL restrictions from Veteran Rewards.

Sense of entitlement is among the Veterans is disgusting.

Everyone should have equal access to all of UOs content without restrictions.

Newbie has 3 Veteran rewards...20 year Veteran has 20+ rewards...that IS YOUR REWARD.

Removing restrictions takes nothing away from veteran but gives to other players...wow...what a concept.

But really this is all about greed, in a game that needs all the help it can get.

The Avatar would be real proud of UO's veterans..:rolleyes:

No compassion, no humility, and no piety.:next:
First off NOT all of us 20 year Vets have this sense of entitlement or perverse need to feel special or the associated greed. Second Aside from the lumping us all together, I agree with what you have said.

jeremy roe

Adventurer
I was hacked 2003-2004 , contacted support every year until 2018 they finally restored my account which from 1998 is 78 months old:(

All vet rewards gone , support says tough .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk