• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUGS

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you changing the crafting gump to select which wood type you wish to use?

G

Greyshaft

Yes and it still shows the wood, logs or boards marked with an *
and says you dont have enough boards/wood.

G

Greyshaft

Very wierd its working now seems when I relogged it fixed it ah the joys of internet gamingrolleyes:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Back to Britannia Program

It's been well known for years that houses placed on closed accounts during this promotion never fall. I think it first started in 2007 so now we have 4 years worth of accumulated housing people don't pay for that will never decay. This past year I heard it had been fixed when I brought it up in October but well over 90 days later the houses placed in 2010 still stand.

D

dbase

Ok well either I'm horribly unlucky or something is off. I stood in one spot and literally fizzled 28 times in a row casting curse on myself. I had a 45% chance of success, so while I realize that it is possible, the odds of fizzling 28 times in a row with a nearly 50% success rate is astronomical.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok well either I'm horribly unlucky or something is off. I stood in one spot and literally fizzled 28 times in a row casting curse on myself. I had a 45% chance of success, so while I realize that it is possible, the odds of fizzling 28 times in a row with a nearly 50% success rate is astronomical.
It's 45% in UO terms...so your string of failures sounds about right. Just be glad you were only casting a spell...I love it when you imbue something and have an 80% chance but it still takes 15 tries :D

Baruk_S

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
howdy folks,

I am bothered by a bug of sorts, or perhaps it is my account that has gone bad on one point.

As you can see in the image, I can see most maps fine, the problem arises when looking at the world map.

Both NPC purchased and Crafter map give the same issue, a lovely psychedelic blue blot where land and sea mass should be seen.

Now if I was on pot all day long, I would be gazing at it for hours on end, but alas, I would prefer to use my boat with it and sail through waypoints around the world.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how can I resolve it?
If no one has seen it, any ideas would be welcomed to resolve this issue.

I have tried installing the client on 3 different computers.
1) WXP Pro SP3 with 2gb memory (32bit)
2) W7 Pro with 4gb memory (64bit)
3) W7 Home with 4gb Memory (32bit)

No matter which computer I use, I get the same blue screen on the world map. (which makes me think it is my account)

Also I have all updates, plus High Seas booster.
On a Classic Client it works fine, but I am not using that anymore, I tried but I don't like the way it plays anymore. (progress and all)

I have tried a 14-day triel account, and it also provides the blue map field.
Update on the above situation..
I have installed a new version of my Windows OS, W7 Home premium.
Also I have a new HDD for it, but the problem has not changed any.

Now what I fear is that I will have to change Graphics card to solve this, right now I have an ASUS EN7300GT Silent with 512MB DDR2.
I am not certain if this will resolve it however, so I am hesitant to spend €50 on a new card if I do not know if that will solve it.

Does anyone who has had this same problem have a similar card?
And also, are there folk out there that have the same card, but do not have this problem?
On one of the previous systems (Nr 3 of the list with W7 HP), the problem was resolved, but I am not sure how, as it is not my computer and do not know if any adjustments were made. (and with my W7 HP installation, that was not the solution)

At the very least, this information can help me decide on things to do.

Thanks,

Mike

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possible bug, or atleast a feature I don't understand.

I can lore an animal, then right after be able to lore another.

Yet if I accidently try lore a static, like the floor etc it says I must wait to use another skill on retry.

Surely if there is a timer at all it would be for the first one?

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ter Mur Museum turn in bug:

If your pack is near full and you attempt to turn in one of the quest items (my case, the untranslated tome) you will get a message that you cannot turn in the quest because your pack is full...great, right?

Well the NPC will take your book and give you 50 loyalty and no bag - not great. :D

Baruk_S

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
howdy folks,

I am bothered by a bug of sorts, or perhaps it is my account that has gone bad on one point.

As you can see in the image, I can see most maps fine, the problem arises when looking at the world map.

Both NPC purchased and Crafter map give the same issue, a lovely psychedelic blue blot where land and sea mass should be seen.

Now if I was on pot all day long, I would be gazing at it for hours on end, but alas, I would prefer to use my boat with it and sail through waypoints around the world.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how can I resolve it?
If no one has seen it, any ideas would be welcomed to resolve this issue.

I have tried installing the client on 3 different computers.
1) WXP Pro SP3 with 2gb memory (32bit)
2) W7 Pro with 4gb memory (64bit)
3) W7 Home with 4gb Memory (32bit)

No matter which computer I use, I get the same blue screen on the world map. (which makes me think it is my account)

Also I have all updates, plus High Seas booster.
On a Classic Client it works fine, but I am not using that anymore, I tried but I don't like the way it plays anymore. (progress and all)

I have tried a 14-day triel account, and it also provides the blue map field.
Update on the above situation..
I have installed a new version of my Windows OS, W7 Home premium.
Also I have a new HDD for it, but the problem has not changed any.

Now what I fear is that I will have to change Graphics card to solve this, right now I have an ASUS EN7300GT Silent with 512MB DDR2.
I am not certain if this will resolve it however, so I am hesitant to spend €50 on a new card if I do not know if that will solve it.

Does anyone who has had this same problem have a similar card?
And also, are there folk out there that have the same card, but do not have this problem?
On one of the previous systems (Nr 3 of the list with W7 HP), the problem was resolved, but I am not sure how, as it is not my computer and do not know if any adjustments were made. (and with my W7 HP installation, that was not the solution)

At the very least, this information can help me decide on things to do.

Thanks,

Mike
Final Update:

I have resolved the problem... in fact replicated the problem using my video card on the PC that had the map work right.
When I installed the drivers for my card on that computer, the map was blue again, used the ASUS card with the ATI Radeon 5450chipset, the map was visible as it should.
So for me it is the solution that my graphics card is incompatible.
Silly actually, UO is not even such a high demanding game graphically. Especially a static map, but that resolved it.
At any rate, I have to get myself a new graphics card, for those that have the same problems, if you're able to, try that option as well, it seems not every card has the same capabilities, even though the chipsets are similar.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please fix the following longstanding bugs:

1 - Pet damage dealt and received is both red in the classic client. It is pointless to show unless you differentiate. Use two different colors - same as dmg to player.

2 - Using the button in a rune book to cast sacred journey has a lower success rate than setting default location and casting SJ on the book. Its annoying.

3 - Cutting up items in a bag in your pack always puts leather/cloth into your main pack - why not the bag it was cut in? Seems like a bug.

ADDED:

4 - Thunting - WHY is the 2d overhead map oriented 45 degrees off from the tmaps? It makes it impossible to locate them and it is completely stupid. Please rotate the map or give me the option to rotate my overhead map.

5 - Thunting - When you kill the guardians and the last dies - almost always you will 'fail' on the first pick and it will tell you that you have to kill the guardians even though they are dead. Second time you try to pick it is not a problem. Its an annoying little bug. Fix it.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I didn't know about this thread but here are some bugs that are currently annoying me:

The lilttle black dots that have been appearing on the login screen since SA.

The miscolour of gargoyle aprons.

The white flashes now appearing on gargoyle wings when moving.

The damage numbers often moving to the upper corners of the screen.

Stone Form not doing what it says in the book (monsters still able to Bleed/Strangle).

Having a ship rune in a runebook causing it to claim the default rune (when not the ship rune) is blocked when it isn't.

Recalling from a moving ship resulting in a z-axis bug.

Being unable to Tokuno Dye/Stain certain items, such as Night Eyes/Robes.

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon bug where you and your swampy die, you rez but the swampy ghost is nowhere to be found. To my knowledge this bug has been around since ML was published 5 and 1/2 ****ing years ago. Do I sound pissed??

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirate bugs has returned.

The party does not split the loot only the one that initiated the quest.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Not only have i encountered this (annoying!) bug, but a guildmate has it now as well. Both are tamers ... but i doubt that matters ;)

The bug effects individual characters who (we've confirmed) do NOT currently have a boat placed, but who have has boats in the past that were at some point given to other characters. When the effected character tries to place a boat they receive the error message "You already have a ship deployed". This persists even after dry docking the ship which had been deployed by a seperate character and even dry docking all ships on an account.

We've called for a GM and have only recieved this response:

"Greetings! This issue will require further investigation. As such, please report this to our Quality Assurance team via uo.com/mailBug.html or email [email protected] and submit a detailed report about your experience. This will include what you experienced, when, where, and under what circumstances. The information you submit will then be researched. However, please understand that no further correspondence will be sent to you.

Thank you again and take care."

We have reported the bug and have not (yet) heard back. I was hoping someone here may have encountered this and discovered a fix.

Beware switching boats between characters!

Thanks in advance!

L

LoL/Sonoma

Yikes. I'll try it ... the hard part is that i made TONS of runes to the boat when i first got it and shared them among guild mates ... =/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
should be oki to leave those, as long as the character trying to place the boat doesn't have any on him/her or in his/her bank.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Boo! Didnt work. I removed *ALL* boat runes from my character and from my my bank. There were still some locked down in my house. Same error.

My guildmate just tried and took it one step further and destroyed all the runes she had on her characters and in her bank and also had no luck.

I was excited that might work too =(

Thanks for the help though!

L

LoL/Sonoma

Also, just an FYI for anyone else looking to this or experiencing the same: I've triend Abandon ship at the harbor master, and while the confirmation gump comes up ... nothing happens when i agree.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Still looking for help on this issue. Not being able to catch pirates = boo!

Can anyone suggest another place to post this problem (or email) where it might get some more attention or even developer comment?

Thanks!
-LoL

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Final Update:

I have resolved the problem... in fact replicated the problem using my video card on the PC that had the map work right.
When I installed the drivers for my card on that computer, the map was blue again, used the ASUS card with the ATI Radeon 5450chipset, the map was visible as it should.
Silly actually, UO is not even such a high demanding game graphically. Especially a static map, but that resolved it.
At any rate, I have to get myself a new graphics card, for those that have the same problems, if you're able to, try that option as well, it seems not every card has the same capabilities, even though the chipsets are similar.

wait, you have the exact same graphics card in all three machines?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As captain of a ship we have to own a parrot! :)

But on my new ship i have a problem with it. :)

All looks normal but when i move the ship!​

The parrot stays on the spot and not sail with me!​

Please can the devs fix my parrots fear of the sea? :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ter Mur Museum turn in bug:

If your pack is near full and you attempt to turn in one of the quest items (my case, the untranslated tome) you will get a message that you cannot turn in the quest because your pack is full...great, right?

Well the NPC will take your book and give you 50 loyalty and no bag - not great. :D
The reward bag weight for the Tomb is heavy. Has always took the book and given no reward if can't hold it. Common fail with all the quest rewards that will put you heavier then can recall at.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please fix the following longstanding bugs:

1 - Pet damage dealt and received is both red in the classic client. It is pointless to show unless you differentiate. Use two different colors - same as dmg to player.

This also applies to summons

2 - Using the button in a rune book to cast sacred journey has a lower success rate than setting default location and casting SJ on the book. Its annoying.

In EC half the time the gem cast does nothing. Have to reopen the book and do again. Think the fail related to last activity in game. Yet to narrow it down.

3 - Cutting up items in a bag in your pack always puts leather/cloth into your main pack - why not the bag it was cut in? Seems like a bug.

Might be a related issue with butchers and harvester placement. Any change might have a new sorting bag sold by provisioner. Bag that auto collects any crafting supplies popped into the backpack.

ADDED:

4 - Thunting - WHY is the 2d overhead map oriented 45 degrees off from the tmaps? It makes it impossible to locate them and it is completely stupid. Please rotate the map or give me the option to rotate my overhead map.

EC is the same way. Some bleed over from CC. Sad thing is old assist has map tilt fix.

5 - Thunting - When you kill the guardians and the last dies - almost always you will 'fail' on the first pick and it will tell you that you have to kill the guardians even though they are dead. Second time you try to pick it is not a problem. Its an annoying little bug. Fix it.
Never seen this one on EC. #5

A

Anvil of Crom

Cartography - crafting tattered wall maps

I noticed a while back that i was not able to make one with my gm cartographer and getting the message "you need more lvl 1 maps decoded and completed by you''.

One map takes ten lvl 1s .... five lvl 3's... three lvl 4's ... and one lvl 5 completed t-maps. I have all of these and have gone back and finished 19 new level 1 maps so i can craft a tattered wall map, only to read the same message when i try.

While it's not a HUGE issue, it is annoying because i want to make them for my house and pass out to friends. HELP!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You currently can't open a moongate FROM termur to Fel, makes it an annoying place to hunt on my mage since I now have to cross the entire termur overworld to get back to the moongate. (I can gate in just fine, just not out). Current workaround is to mark some random spot in another facet away from people so as to not get in a fight while coming back from a hunt geared for PVM, but it would be much nicer if i could just gate to my house..

F

Faux Pas

I cannot imbue mage armor mod on any armor pieces. I have a garg character with 120 imbing skill, 50 enchanted essence, 50 diamonds, & 50 abysal cloth in my pack on top level. I get a message"you do not have nessasary resources", when I do according to the gump. Pages GM twice was told to post online and I have no response in 20 days. Any ideas?

Baruk_S

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Final Update:

wait, you have the exact same graphics card in all three machines?
No, the cards are different, it seems not every card has compatibility on that format... my laptop uses a Intel chipset with 780MB shared memory, appearantly it is not enough, my own computer used a Nvidia card GT7300 chipset (512MB) the last system I don't know, it wasn't mine, and had not looked as I didn't figure that was the problem.

The ATI card worked (albeit laggy) but worked none the less, I now have a Club3D Nvidia GT220 chipset 1GB and everything is awesome now.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mail box security that do not take items

When placing a mail box can you make it default to take items?

i wanted to drop a book/note in a mail box to one of the Japanese players that was hit hard by the earthquakes which I have not seen him yet since the quakes.
He has the box there but it doesn't take items.
He most likely as most of us do just placed it and expected it to work.

I called a GM to reset the security of the box in order to take my note but she told me no.

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im having problem in the abyssal dungeon, when i click on the blue key to gain access to puzzle room, i get the proper message, doing so will start 30min timer , i click yes and get message you pack is to full.... ive totally emtied it. tried all my chars, even on several different accounts...same thing, i cant get in the puzzle room.

gm help just gets me the usual need more looking into ,sent mail to uobugs blah blah

Anyone else having this issue?

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was customizing a new 18 x 18 house tonight. Trying to place some teleport pads, but there is nothing on the teleport pad menu - no graphics, nothing. When I first click on the teleporter icon on the customize menu, in the general chat window it says "You cannot access this house while it is being edited."

I thought about trying to do it with just stairs instead, but the design really will not work with stairs alone. So I am hoping this bug gets fixed with the next patch!

In the meantime, I will go ahead and move everything in (because the old house is now condemned), but there is no way for me to access the third floor.

Thanks for prompt attention to this one!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think someone mentioned that's a bug in the EC only, seems to still be there in CC

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im having problem in the abyssal dungeon, when i click on the blue key to gain access to puzzle room, i get the proper message, doing so will start 30min timer , i click yes and get message you pack is to full.... ive totally emtied it. tried all my chars, even on several different accounts...same thing, i cant get in the puzzle room.

gm help just gets me the usual need more looking into ,sent mail to uobugs blah blah

Anyone else having this issue?
I have the same problem. Can't activate the key to Underworld puzzle room. I get a message stating: "your backpack is too full". No matter how little is in the backpack, I always get the same message.

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last patch mentioned that the Underworld puzzle room key is now fixed but I still have the same problem: "backpack is too full"

W@R

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like that you cant control NPC's that you hired anymore..

T

Trash Collector

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm placing fish into commodity deeds and they're being renamed when I do it.

Cape Cod fish are listed as 'Grouper' and Pikes are listed as 'Barracuda.'

:(

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fish Mongers Not Recognizing Ships

I admit I am warped.....I actually *like* fishing......but since the last update a couple days ago, turning in orders now takes ridiculous steps and it is impossible to get new orders.

The Fish Mongers say they can't find my ship, even when it is darn near crushing them. Someone posted a work-around for turning in existing orders from a ship but it is ridiculous. You have to take a small classic boat with you, dock the original ship near the Fish Monger, then place the small boat (you can place the boat because the program thinks you don't have a ship.) Then you double-click the Fish Monger and it turns in your order from the ship.........HOWEVER, it is impossible to get a new order on the ship. I have tried leaving the small boat in the water (if I don't it still says it can't find my ship) but then it places a small order in the hold of the small boat. I have tried leaving up the new order menu screen without accepting the new order yet, then dry-docking the small boat and then accepting the order. It says it can't find my ship. I have tried declining the new order on the menu, then dry-docking the small boat and double-clicking the Fish Monger to pull up the order menu again and it says it can't find my ship. NOTHING gets an order back on my ship and I have no use for a tiny order on my small boat.

I haven't tried the Pirates yet but I have seen others post where they have gone through a long, EXPENSIVE (saltpeter is 400 on Sonoma now) Pirate battle only to try to bind the Pirate and getting the "can't find your ship" response and it was all for naught.

What gives? This is insane.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Fish Mongers Not Recognizing Ships

the iron beetle spawn is broken.

Been attempting to do the Tiered quests for the Irresistibly Tasty Treat.

I got to the point where i need Iron Beetle scales.
It spawns three beetles as i expected it should then after two or three spawns it stops for hours (not minutes) that I can tell.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It spawns three beetles as i expected it should then after two or three spawns it stops for hours (not minutes) that I can tell.
It works as intended. They spawned with some other spiders, whole group must be killed for respawn.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

a more unusual bug:

the provo mastery buff affect ethereal mounts, causing you to gain karma if it is negative with buff running while mounted on an ethereal unicorn.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It works as intended. They spawned with some other spiders, whole group must be killed for respawn.

Verified. Please disregard my last post or delete it

Thank you

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been reported before but since I don't see it in this thread I shall say it again:

Altering a Quiver Of Infinity works briefly, but the new Winged Armor obtained vanishes completely after a few seconds (and you don't get the original Quiver back)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am not sure if this has been reported before, but its a fairly old bug still valid

when you have an animated item in your hands, such as a lit lantern or candle, your avatar takes a while to stop walking after stopping moving. but only to others and not to your self. (think Classic client only, although not 100% sure)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Default Unknown owner, unknown ship, Dry docked.
Thats what the runes for my orc ship and tokuno ship tells today. The small boat is fine. The boats were refreshed yesterday or the day before. As the orc ship was at the Emporium I took my fisher to the Mafincia shore to set a small boat in the water and sail there. But I couldnt. I got the message I had already a boat in the water. I took another char and sailed the small boat to the Emporium and my orc ship was where I left it. I placed the small boat next to the orc ship and went back there with my fisher. She could get on board and mark a rune. This rune say name and owner correctly . Phew. Just my other boat is out there somewhere and I have no clue how to find it!

Seems its the same for most ppl and many shards. It all became like this on sunday morning , may 8. Ppl spent alot of time this sunday looking for their ships:bored:

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive got a bug for ya

ALL OF OUR SHIPS ARE DECAYING AND WE CANT GET TO THEM

thanks.

Vivacia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive posted this 3-4 times in other threads...If you page a gm with your help option, a gm will beam you to your ship. I only had to wait maybe 5 min b4 they came to my rescue, but it was early early morning though..Remark your rune when you get there.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive posted this 3-4 times in other threads...If you page a gm with your help option, a gm will beam you to your ship. I only had to wait maybe 5 min b4 they came to my rescue, but it was early early morning though..Remark your rune when you get there.
I waited 15 minutes and got a canned response about how GMs cant replace lost stuff.

Nice customer service as always, EA.

*EDIT*

I paged AGAIN, and got the same stupid canned response.

GM Stethun on Great Lakes needs to be FIRED IMMIDIATELY.

Thank you for sitting there watching the boat i paid for and have valuables inside SINK. I hope your closest loved ones develop terminal illnesses.

Good night.