• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUGS

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please posts your post publish bugs!

The three we've noticed so far:

--Lag is much more noticeable in house than anywhere else.
--After jumping off a mount and back onto it, a double of the mount is created.
--Some crimson cinctures appear the color you dyed it in your pack but a different color on the paper doll. (Gargoyles only, I think)

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Died and randomly could not re equip equipment.
The message was "you can not pick this up".
Relogged and it worked fine.

C

Cal_Mythic

--Some crimson cinctures appear the color you dyed it in your pack but a different color on the paper doll. (Gargoyles only, I think)
*noted*

Interesting on the mount ... can you reproduce it?
EDIT: Identified and working on this. Thanks!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

chatter about the lag, but I did not experience it until after visiting the sea market, and yes, much more noticeable inside a house

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting on the mount ... can you reproduce it?
Every time you mount (in my case a warhorse) a double (strictly the art) appears until you move what seems 1 screen away.

By "strictly the art" I mean it has no properties and you cannot interact with it.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "Sparkle" graphic when locked down is reverting to its placeholder art randomly.

Edit, it seems the Death Vortex graphic is the same.

Houses are definitely laggy.

E

eccentricjules

When you place a ship and get a recall rune. You can just use the Recall spell on it. Sacred Journey will NOT work. So you have to put it into a runebook and use a charge if you have chiv.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'll be the first to admit, I had high hopes. :(

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah my house is lagging on CC, couldn't notice it lagging on EC

the mount bug is on both clients, actually, it happens when you log in on EC but i could not repeat it each time like on CC

I did not purchase the expansion.

C

Cal_Mythic

Source of the problem for the lag has been identified.
Copied horse problem identified

- Continuing to investigate and working on a fix.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you place a ship and get a recall rune. You can just use the Recall spell on it. Sacred Journey will NOT work. So you have to put it into a runebook and use a charge if you have chiv.
my fisher is paladin and sacred journey worked every time for me

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged in to Origin after patching, cannot move, all characters around me including npcs are naked. I have no backpack on my paperdoll... I have logged and relogged a couple times to ensure it wasn't some little glitch... Haven't tested other characters yet. Waiting on the 10 minute RELOG TIMER. Grrr. I'm seriously thinkin nail in the coffin for me if I have to reload a client for the 20 umpth million time in my uo life. Just sayin. I'll retest the other characters in let you know here I guess in a few. Then I might logout and play something newer in 3d. Wont feel like such an 11 year beta test. No client mods on my client either. Just in case that's what you're thinking.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged in to Origin after patching, cannot move, all characters around me including npcs are naked. I have no backpack on my paperdoll... I have logged and relogged a couple times to ensure it wasn't some little glitch... Haven't tested other characters yet. Waiting on the 10 minute RELOG TIMER. Grrr. I'm seriously thinkin nail in the coffin for me if I have to reload a client for the 20 umpth million time in my uo life. Just sayin. I'll retest the other characters in let you know here I guess in a few. Then I might logout and play something newer in 3d. Wont feel like such an 11 year beta test. No client mods on my client either. Just in case that's what you're thinking.
This is the first report of this. I've seen this before when something went wrong with the patch. You may need to reinstall.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else noticing this? Which client are you using?

Me. Most defintely me. Classic client.

Also - despite all of the feedback during beta, to which I contributed, why can we ONLY buy saltpeter from the single alchemist at the floating emporium? Did you WANT to drive the players madder? This is something you guys need to address, and fast.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me. Most defintely me. Classic client.

Also - despite all of the feedback during beta, to which I contributed, why can we ONLY buy saltpeter from the single alchemist at the floating emporium? Did you WANT to drive the players madder? This is something you guys need to address, and fast.
lol, this is a priority?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i found one.

was able to reproduce it on all my toons.

if you go up a ladder while on a mount like a eithy in your keep or castle (or custome house id assume if you have them up in there) you character then gets 'locked' into the jutter/shuffle step that it uses to get up the ladder.

so you are unable to run after this.
even if you unmount and remount you are locked up and cant run without the jutter step.

you can recall and it fixes itself.

sucks if you have a ladder on your front door and use it to get in like i do all the time, haha.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else noticing this? Which client are you using?
Clasic Client, i cannot run on my own house... the char stops every 2 steps aprox.
Recalled to a city, movement is normal.
Animation files on the etherial horse seem buggy while running in house as well. Looks like my horse is prancing.

and mount hue is transparent, just in case.

also CC and non upgraded acct.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No saltpeter = no way to fire cannon. Might not be a priority for you at the moment, but it's going to become a HUGE problem in the very near future.
very much a problem no pvp on boats no pirate hunting etc

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

Tokuno ship issue with cannon on the bow placement spot...still.

When you dry dock and place the boat again the bow cannon has fallen through the bow and now sits on the water. You can still access its menu, but it looks stupid. This happens in both the EC and the CC.

Saltpeter needs to be on EVERY alchemist in the game at a base quantity of 500. Anything less and cannons are not viable for the masses.

M

Maltyr

Not a bug, but an art issue. This is only in the classic client. Essences are no longer properly hued in the center. They also jump down a pixel on one frame of their animation, but I don't know if that's new to this publish.

And I've also noticed the house lag and pet copies in the classic client, with both living and ethereal mounts.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

Saltpeter needs to be on EVERY alchemist in the game at a base quantity of 500. Anything less and cannons are not viable for the masses.
If they implement this dispersal in this manner, with no way for salt peter to be crafted, it will only be a week before everyone must buy saltpeter at highly inflated prices.

I agree with the reagent, incremental stock bump/static price, but also agree that one vendor per facet is entirely too little. Maybe new Alchemists at all dock areas on all facets, accessible only to upgraded accts.

Claire Repair

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...not a big deal, but:

If you try to buy a boat and have the gold in checks in your bank box it reads "You cant afford...". If you cash appropriate gold in your bank box it works just fine.

*waves*

/Claire

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be 'fun' and accessible to the 'casual' gamer, saltpeter needs to be sold in massive quantities. Incremental jumps only benefit a few people who happen upon the vendor at the right time. One vendor with incremental jumps only benefits the scripters.

With a 30% fail rate at GM, and 6 saltpeter required per 1 black powder (and then 4 black powder required per charge for what will probably be the most popular cannon type) this makes cannoneering unprofitable for casual players.

E

eccentricjules

my fisher is paladin and sacred journey worked every time for me
It says "More reagents are needed for this spell."

I have plenty of tithing. I can recall to my house and the bank just fine.... but not the boat. The rune shows the boat as being unnamed and now my boat is named. Don't know if it matters.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be 'fun' and accessible to the 'casual' gamer, saltpeter needs to be sold in massive quantities. Incremental jumps only benefit a few people who happen upon the vendor at the right time. One vendor with incremental jumps only benefits the scripters.

With a 30% fail rate at GM, and 6 saltpeter required per 1 black powder (and then 4 black powder required per charge for what will probably be the most popular cannon type) this makes cannoneering unprofitable for casual players.
Not arguing the benefit to the cas player for large quantities, but saltpeter had hit nearly 500 gp per on the test, through the static availability but fluid pricing method. How will that effect casual gamers? Hmmmm? *think potion bottles*

IMHO casual players would do better buying in bulk from someone who can reliably restock and sell for 9 or 10 per than to be paying 100 gp per charge around the holidays.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 2 types of items on vendors. Commodities are stocked in 500s and escalate in price. Reagents are stocked in 20s and build up, but have static prices.

Given that you can't obtain the item anywhere else to sell and thereby lower the commodity price, it seemed to me that the static price but low quantity was the better way to go. I therefore suggested that on the beta forum.

I did, however, point out that a single outlet on Siege was undesirable since a single player could deny the item to the whole shard rather easily.

C

Cal_Mythic

We have fixes for the first two items.

We are looking into the saltpeter spawning: (please withhold any statements about other uses as applied to diet or military dining).

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 2 types of items on vendors. Commodities are stocked in 500s and escalate in price. Reagents are stocked in 20s and build up, but have static prices.

Given that you can't obtain the item anywhere else to sell and thereby lower the commodity price, it seemed to me that the static price but low quantity was the better way to go. I therefore suggested that on the beta forum.

I did, however, point out that a single outlet on Siege was undesirable since a single player could deny the item to the whole shard rather easily.
I haven't been able to determine that the buying and selling strategy works on regular production shards in years. It likes to buy stuff from players at a substantially reduced price, but then makes no adjustments to the selling price from the npc vendor.

And,
what she said, all of it.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We have fixes for the first two items.

We are looking into the saltpeter spawning: (please withhold any statements about other uses as applied to diet or military dining).
snoped it:http:
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_peter

You must have been experiencing an operator error. *ninja-BAMF!*

Thanks Cal.:thumbup1:

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The easiest method of fixing the salt peter price is to make it a fixed quantity of 500 (like potions) with a static price.

A commodity like this that pretty much everyone can use, is required in bulk by everyone, and has the ability to completely bring a new aspect of the game to a halt needs to be readily available to the masses.

A static price and spawn amount may not be realistic from a real-world economy standpoint, but we are kidding ourselves when we try to apply such an economy to a game with a open-spigot gold inflow.

This would make everyone happy, except for the scripters.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you are asking them to make something work in a way its not intended to: for a single item.

I am thinking this is possibly not the best solution. *breaky-breaky*

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then give it a low starting price and a massive quantity base.

You're assuming that they can't make an item have both a static quanity and a static price though. And that it would break something if it did. (That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it got messed up)

C

Cal_Mythic

Then give it a low starting price and a massive quantity base.

You're assuming that they can't make an item have both a static quanity and a static price though. And that it would break something if it did. (That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it got messed up)
"Up" is not a preposition normally associated with saltpeter. :)

C

Cal_Mythic

*sigh*

Tokuno ship issue with cannon on the bow placement spot...still.

When you dry dock and place the boat again the bow cannon has fallen through the bow and now sits on the water. You can still access its menu, but it looks stupid. This happens in both the EC and the CC.
Caught. In testing and fix should be in soon. Thanks. :)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Up" is not a preposition normally associated with saltpeter. :)

Do I sense a poo joke in there somewhere?

Edit: Okay, you're using 'saltpeter' as phallic slang. You sure you really want to do that on an official account on a public board?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug: Ship Runes aren't taking the name of the ship they belong too, and cannot be renamed to the correct one. They also maintain the name of the first purchaser/placer, but I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

Bug: I've been unable to repeat this, but trading to a player without High Seas meant certain of the new fish, in particular the Spiney Lobster and the Snow Crab made them bounce constantly out of the trade window as soon as they were placed there, and back into my backpack. After taking the friend to sea, all the fish were then able to be traded correctly, and have since been better behaved.

Not a bug, more an annoyance: if you miss the "Bob" on the Lobster Pots, it doesn't repeat. Maybe change the graphic slightly so the little icon indicates the trap door has sprung.

Not a bug, more an annoyance: The crabs, lobsters and lobster pots all have left and right facing icons. Boooo! Single stacks only please!

B

Bill Gates OSD

Threads like this make me want to leave UO and never buy another EA/Mythic product. Am I the only one that sees this for what it is? WE the players, and thus the PAYING CUSTOMERS are paying EA/Mythic to beta test their game before we BUY it! I guess I can't really blame them, Microsoft does the same thing but, geez...

This question must be asked of you, Cal. Why wasn't a recent back up of a production shard placed on test center for open testing of this revenue booster pack before it was released?

This is the very reason why none of my accounts will see this latest batch of horribly coded, rushed-to-publish programming. Tell your stockholders that one, eh?

E

eccentricjules

I can't figure out how to refresh my gargoyle ship.

I run on the deck
I open the hold
I move stuff around in the hold
I click the rope and get off
I click a new rope and get on

This happens over and over. It tells me its going to move the boat. It only started after I placed the cannons. I did find if I log off and back on it helped the last time.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me i got a bug with the Enhanced Client, everytime i cross a serverline with a boat the runebooks are disabled in the hotbar and the backpack closes.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't figure out how to refresh my gargoyle ship.

I run on the deck
I open the hold
I move stuff around in the hold
I click the rope and get off
I click a new rope and get on

This happens over and over. It tells me its going to move the boat. It only started after I placed the cannons. I did find if I log off and back on it helped the last time.
Double click the tillerdude/dudette