• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUGS

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirate quest does not split loot at turn in.

All Party members (5 on two missions 4 on two others) were standing next to each other on turn in (not on different servers). We tried this 4 times in the last two nights and only the person that started the quest got the 10000 gold and one of those cannon balls.

A few days ago everyone did split the 10,000 gold and everyone got a cannon ball.

There were no changes other then a new boat.

Thank you
Someone on a different thread mentioned that to split the reward on pirate quest, you must all be partied and present, before the person accepts the quest and all present during the battle and when turning the pirate in. I do not know if that is the way you had done it. When we went pirate hunting we did not party, (as we had not seen it stated anywhere where it was necessary to do so) we are all in same guild, and it was only our captain who accepted the quest that got anything. Did not realize that all the members would be getting the special reward as in the cool cannon balls. It seems there is very little that is explained in detail, just small hints here and there that are not necessarily acurate such as in uoguide.

Titans1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My main character is the owner of my boat. One of my secondary chars is a fisherman. All of my chars can properly use my boat, however if I try to get a fishmonger quest on a secondary char, he says that he can't find my boat.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Works fine on GL just tested it now, out of two pirate runs our party of 5 got 5 orc deed drops

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All Party members (5 on two missions 4 on two others) were standing next to each other on turn in (not on different servers). We tried this 4 times in the last two nights and only the person that started the quest got the 10000 gold and one of those cannon balls.

A few days ago everyone did split the 10,000 gold and everyone got a cannon ball.

Thank you
Someone on a different thread mentioned that to split the reward on pirate quest, you must all be partied and present, before the person accepts the quest and all present during the battle and when turning the pirate in. I do not know if that is the way you had done it. When we went pirate hunting we did not party, (as we had not seen it stated anywhere where it was necessary to do so) we are all in same guild, and it was only our captain who accepted the quest that got anything. Did not realize that all the members would be getting the special reward as in the cool cannon balls. It seems there is very little that is explained in detail, just small hints here and there that are not necessarily acurate such as in uoguide.
On our last mission we were very careful we all stood in the same room on getting the quest and on return and still only the one that started the quest got the rewards.

I did leave out one point that might be important. We took two boats and got two pirates then returned them.
Oh yeah I see. It could be party based rather then individual based and it screws up the script taking two quests.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: BUGS - radioactive yellow fire beetle

I love the new booster, except for one thing. I run 3D and tonight I got my fire beetle out of the stable. Ack! It's FLUORESCENT yellow! As in, so-bright-it's-hard-on-your-eyes yellow. I hope they dim this down a bit. I miss the old golden beetle color.

I also miss the blue 2D beetle - in 3D my "blue" beetle looks like a cock roach, yuk! But other than the beetles, I like 3D and would never want to go back to 2D.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still having some major lag issues when opening chests at house, moving crate at house, and bank box. I use the enhanced client.

Also the fireball explosion area attack corgul casts freezes the EC up for a good 40 seconds each time, sometimes so bad i have to close down the client and restart it. Primevil champ uses this same spell but i never had a problem there, so im guessing the lag is due to the booster.

Hope there is lag fixes soon as it is nearly impossible for me to do corgul simply because of lag.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
serpant pillars on chessy not working, can't deliver my fish to papua

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firing your front cannon on the Gargoyle ship, when next to an Ork ship will cause you to Grapeshot your own ship as well, which worse still also sets your own pets onto you and thus gets you killed... GRRR.

Ship repairs should take the resources out of their own hold if the Captain initiates the repairs. Having to keep taking resources out in small amounts is frustrating and ruins a lot of the fun of ship battles.

The Emergency Repair message is a little confusing, and should make quite clear it's not X minutes to finish the repairs, but X minutes of sailing time.

As has been repeated elsewhere, the resources required are insanely expensive to repair for shops, extremely slow and expensive to collect for firing cannon, and prevent any even vaguely effective attempts to solo the content. Gathering together may prevent this, but just means everyone gets ork ships extremely quickly instead as everyone in the party gets the reward roll... but the resources for capturing a ship are so small, no one will bother.

Ship damaging in Trammel should be patched out; already we've got people extorting "Sailing Taxes" on Europa which are more than you'd gain if you went and did the pirates (and you get nothing at all except fish bait from most Fishing quests). Combine that with the above huge resources, and once the idea of griefing trammel catches on with the wider sociopathic audience, it will lead to the abandonment of the seas.

Ship dyes should be named for the colour they are, as some of the colours are too close in the tub to tell what they are before purchase, let alone what they'll become if applied multiple times. Also another bug, applying paint when already at the maximum uses up the paint before giving you the warning you are at said maximum.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UO has a great weight system and it makes little sense these days.
I doubt one piece of saltpeter or black powder weights 14 pounds (one stone).
Please for the love of crafting make these things weight like reagents.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the new release and client version (EC version 4.0.9.0), some of the brigand and gypsy spawn near my house actually spawns inside my house. Sometimes I return to my home and find a brigand inside it.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New wallmount of Summer Dragonfish is miscolored.

I guess it should be 2 tone color, but its all black =((

Plz fix it.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the deal with other players being able to fire their cannons at your ship in Trammel?? What a pain in the ars that is. Our party was out pirate hunting, captured our pirate, moved to land to do some repairs and some jerk crew comes up to us and starts fireing on our ship. I don't know off hand if it did damage, as our Capt was just finishing our already high resource repair job, and we were able to move right out of there. But I mean what kind of crap is that. In another post someone mentions that they can only take a pristine ship to slightly damaged while in Trammel, but this still slows down your ship (if I'm not mistaken), and still costs you the already high amount materials to fix the blasted thing again. To go pirate hunting, and have the pirate system "actually" work, (as it now seems) your ship must take some damage from the pirates, so each time you go out for hunting you already know it is going to cost you a high amount of wood and cloth, and some ingots for cannon repair. We really don't need to expend even more resources from little jerks that get their jolly's from messing with someone else. We have Fel. for that.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I just make it perfectly clear that it's very very possible to scuttle another - any other - players ship and destroy their cannon in Tram. This is how it's working on Europa, and, indeed, something we did this morning when the little darling that Adol mentioned attacked us.

B

Babble

No one caught that bug in Beta?
Outch

That should be an emergency patch actually

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In another post someone mentions that they can only take a pristine ship to slightly damaged while in Trammel, but this still slows down your ship (if I'm not mistaken).
You ship can still go full speed from roughly 75% to 100%.....I was moderately damaged and was at approx 78% ship health. I was able to keep up side by side with a pristine ship. Both my ship and the pristine ship was the gargoyle type.

Whereas I believe that they should keep pirates attackable AFTER they are roped up and on your pirate binding pole, after all it is still a npc creature until it is turned in that is either blue, red or grey, THE FACT that some people on some shards can attack a strangers boat in tram is unacceptable. This would put everyones ship at risk of true greifers. Example, your logged off for the night and someone goes around blowing the shiv out of everyones boats for the hell of it.

There is no reason that this is like this and needs fixed asap.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QUESTS QUESTS QUESTS!!!!

NEED I SAY AGAIN QUESTS!!!!

Why in the world did I have to wait 5 hours yesterday to have a GM remove a bugged binding pole from my boat? Why do the quests not remove themselves from my quest log after I turn in a crate to a monger?

Yesterday I wanted to deed my gargoyle ship to place my nice new orc ship...one of the first to actually be placed on my shard. Instead I waited hours for a GM to respond to remove the pole. I had no quest active for the pirate. I re-logged. I accepted a new quest and resigned from it. I accepted and completed a new quest. NOTHING REMOVED THIS POLE FROM MY SHIP. I was not happy.

Also what is going on with fish monger points? When I turn in fishmonger quests I get my reward but the quests do not remove themselves from my quest log. I must turn in all crates I have then go through and resign each quest. Am I losing quest points for this? No one has really explained this system and the apparent "fix" from the last patch didn't work that well.

Overall I'm loving this booster but for god sakes can we get some of this stuff fixed?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You ship can still go full speed from roughly 75% to 100%.....I was moderately damaged and was at approx 78% ship health. I was able to keep up side by side with a pristine ship. Both my ship and the pristine ship was the gargoyle type.

Whereas I believe that they should keep pirates attackable AFTER they are roped up and on your pirate binding pole, after all it is still a npc creature until it is turned in that is either blue, red or grey, THE FACT that some people on some shards can attack a strangers boat in tram is unacceptable. This would put everyones ship at risk of true greifers. Example, your logged off for the night and someone goes around blowing the shiv out of everyones boats for the hell of it.

There is no reason that this is like this and needs fixed asap.

The little darling on our shard is already going round scuttling unattended vessels, attended vessels with no cannon etc.

It's sad but true that there is a certain type of player that can't seem to grasp the idea that their entitlement to enjoyment of the game ends where someone elses begins. That there are boundaries, which should be respected. And that to force others into your playstyle is not big, or clever, but rude and stupid. In this case definitely stupid, because while he was following me into open water, having fired on me, I was calling for back up in the form of an alliance guildie and my husband. Between us we scuttled him and destroyed his cannon.

I don't want to fight this twit, but if he attacks me, I WILL. And I'll keep on costing him huge amounts of resources until he learns to respect MY boundaries and leave me alone. I'd much prefer if it he didn't keep attacking me. I play Tram because I don't like the majority attitude in Fel*; I think it stinks. There are plenty of griefing opportunities in UO as a whole, without adding another.

*That's not to say I think all the Fel players are of the uber l33t trashtalking pillocks style. I know they're not. But that seems to be the majority attitude over there, and it's the main reason I usually give the place the sort of wide berth you'd normally associate with, oh, Y-Pestis.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to point out that tying up a pirate is not fishing, so i dont see why i need to be dismounted to do such.

Also pirates are still falling off their boats and disappearing.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the Post below about not posting specifics about the bug...i just want to say i disagree i used to say yes don't share, but now its to the point where friends all know, exploit the S out of it and makes it unfair to those that don't know. Plus when everyone knows, maybe they'll fix the bug faster?

/rant

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: BUGS old fixed bug back Blacksmith broken again

Mindy the Blacksmith who stands outside the smithy in Ocllo has no inveatory to sell. Also She will give new bods but not accept filled ones.
First reported 10-13-10..was fixed.. but now is back

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Endless Decanter of Water not refilling automatically anymore. Made sure it was properlly linked, was standing next to trough etc etc. Enhanced Client Great Lakes.

Y

Yalp

What was the fix for the completed fish monger quests remaining in the quest journal? I have not wanted to cancel them because the god awful fish monger "loyalty" points I would lose. But now there are 2 docks I can't take quests from because they think I still have an active one.

** I seemed to have fixed it myself. I took a quest at a docks that was not hung up in my quest journal, and delivered it to a new docks. At the new docks, I double clicked the fish monger to take a new quest, got a gump window that said he would take the fish on behalf of the other city's docks (even though no other fish/crate in my cargo hold). Then I double clicked him again and got a new quest. I repeated this procedure at a 4th dock and now the 2 buggered quests in my log are gone**

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you

Edited:
We found the problem with this. It is a character bug.
We switched characters and moved the boat. It isn't the boat because one of the character was still bugged from the old group. It could be relieve to the captain status but not sure.
Or it could be relative to taking more then one quest per party the first time, again not sure.

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We found the problem with this. It is a charter bug.
Switch charters it isn't the boat because one of the charters was still bugged that was from the old group. It could be relieve to the captain status but not sure.
Yep, do not set anything to captain access on any charactor even if you removed access, it will bug the charactor.. for that matter I wouldnt use the personal access functions till this is fixed. You wont get anything when a pirate is turned in unless you are the one that started the quest. Everyone in the group got gold split and items besides the charactors that have been set to "captain" status of the new ships. We tested this with other charactors as well and its consistant that he gets nothing but the rest of the group does. All charactors are doing damage to the pirate and everyone is together throughout the whole trip.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locked down new orc ship rune at house, went thru server line and suddenly I was in my house instead of on the Orc ship!!!!!

I had the second rune to orc ship, and was officer status for the ship. The orc ship owner and our other crew member were still on board the ship once I was able to recall back to ship.

Pacific classic client.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you place a ship in the water, you can only take the Pirate and Fishing quests with that character on that boat; even if you are using a character on the same account, the NPCs will not recognise the ship as belonging to you unless you dry dock it and replace it on the now active character. This goes even for the character who originally purchased the ship and is listed on the runes as the Captain; if he wasn't the last to place the ship, he can't use it for questing until it'd dry docked and returned by himself.

Y

Yalp

so we got a group together went to covetous/tram to get corgul map. It would not allow us to drop for a map. We then went to fel side, sacrificed to alter and got a map with 900 seconds on it. We sailed to the island, got off. fought some of the spawn, and no sign of corgul. When the timer on the map ran out, we were booted back to our boat.

There was no sign that anyone had been there doing that instance. Should the alters give out a map to the island if the boss is not there? Is there a connection between the tram and fel Corguls? Is it working as intended?

Roskal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New development in the pirate quest on Tram. Went on two quests this morning, no problem with them. It worked like it should.

Went on a second quest a few hours later and we could not damage the pirate boat no matter how many times we fired at it. Went to another pirate boat with same result. Went to a 3rd with same results.

We could still kill the pirate and get a death certificate, but neither the pirate boat or our boat took damage. Even brought in a second boat to fire at the third pirates boat, but it could not damage it either, yet it we could take that boat and damage the questers boat.

Also notes on getting the reward - when the pirate is captured if you don't get a message that you assisted in the capture - you don't get a reward. It doesn't matter when you party with the quester - before or after. It doesn't matter if the other people are on or off the boat when you get the quest or end the quest. They don't even have to be present in the area when you get the quest, but probably should be in the dock area to finish it.

We think though, that the questers boat needs to right up along side the pirate boat when the pirate is captured. If the questers boat is parked out of cannon range - you dont' seem to get credit for the capture even if you are fighting the pirate. The three or four times that no one but the quester got a reward message was when the boat was parked out of cannon range (sometimes the pirates boat continues to fire cannons even though the pirates crew is dead and he is captured - hence we parked it way for a bit.)

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has been a few threads written and bugs reported about the pirate ships not working correctly. If the pirates are not damaging you, don't bother. Move on to another one. The other night I think we went thru 4 or 5 before we found some that worked. When we run into them, we will either move on, or blast the orcs off the ship then move on, in hopes that the ships will reset.

We party before we reach the pirates, and so far have had no problem recieveing the split reward. The person that accepts the quest is the one who should bind the pirate, on his/her ship. We so far have all been present when time to accept reward. With no problems.

The pirate ships do currently often continue to blast your ship to pieces. We simply move our ship to the rear and side of the pirate ship. Just close enough where you can still board it by using the mooring ropes.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now when using old style commands to control the boat the command "stop" will cause my Greater Dragon to stop as if I had issued an "all stop" command.

My Greater Dragon also dislikes that I sometimes repeatedly use the "stop" command when pursuing pirates and had lost loyalty down to in the "happy" range before I caught it the first time.

Can we please re-teach my Greater Dragon to ignore the ship command "stop" as if it were "all stop"?

Thank you.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We found the problem with this. It is a charter bug.
Switch charters it isn't the boat because one of the charters was still bugged that was from the old group. It could be relieve to the captain status but not sure.
Yep, do not set anything to captain access on any charactor even if you removed access, it will bug the charactor.. for that matter I wouldnt use the personal access functions till this is fixed. You wont get anything when a pirate is turned in unless you are the one that started the quest. Everyone in the group got gold split and items besides the charactors that have been set to "captain" status of the new ships. We tested this with other charactors as well and its consistant that he gets nothing but the rest of the group does. All charactors are doing damage to the pirate and everyone is together throughout the whole trip.

The charters we switched out are now not working.
I have no idea what the problem is and done trying to figure this out.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lava lobster traps get filled with normal crabs/lobsters and sink as fast as normal traps.
Im not to sure if the baits are working right either. Out of 150 yellow barracuda baits I never caught one. Now just fishing along like normal, i have caught 2 out of the blue with no baits.

I would like to go start catching some of these fish with my baits but would like to know the math on success chance and what not. If its not working right I dont want to waste my bait.

L

LordDextonious

Seriously so laggy in castle only after I have been on my ship. Garg and orc ships. I can't even move one tile per 2 or more seconds... If I don't visit my ship I am fine.

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant damage or board merchant ships no matter how many rounds i put into it , crew dies as usual from arrows .

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: BUGS Auto fish quest

I was ok until after the Halloween patch.
Now I have the same problem as was posted Yesterday on The Treasure Hunters forum.

When I turn in a quest, the Fishmonger Automatically gives me a new quest.

I click on him and he puts the reward or rewards for multiple quest in my backpack, skips the part about me doing a fine job ect..
Just pops up the new quest gump.

This means I can never dry-dock My ship without Resigning from the quest in the hold of my ship.

I play on Atlantic with the classic client

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this morning i cant even recall to my own ship...

Edit : Ok nm i managed to recall now for some reason

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it normal that boats can be damaged beyond repair, even when you have repaired it and the system tells you it is Pristine?

#1. During the first emergency repair, my was sailed the boat.
#2. Before the repair was completed, it was damaged beyond repair.
#3. So I started the second emergency repair.
#4. When I reached the shore, I completed the full repair.

I think when I finished #4, #3 was never completed.

So now, my boat looks damaged and is travelling VERY SLOW.

Is that normal?

Update:
After spending nearly 1 hour travelling to the sea market, I was finally able to dry dock the boat.

Then I put the boat into the sea again, guess what.

The boat was moving with normal fast speed again. Wonderful.

The only problem now is, the boat still looks damaged. It's just the cosmetic issue now.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: BUGS - Fish quit stacking?

Not only are regular fish not stacking, but fish steaks have quit stacking as well.

It was fine before the Halloween publish - can't say I did any fishing over the Halloween weekend. This is on Siege, probably everywhere.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is it normal that boats can be damaged beyond repair, even when you have repaired it and the system tells you it is Pristine?

#1. During the first emergency repair, my was sailed the boat.
#2. Before the repair was completed, it was damaged beyond repair.
#3. So I started the second emergency repair.
#4. When I reached the shore, I completed the full repair.

I think when I finished #4, #3 was never completed.

So now, my boat looks damaged and is travelling VERY SLOW.

Is that normal?

Update:
After spending nearly 1 hour travelling to the sea market, I was finally able to dry dock the boat.

Then I put the boat into the sea again, guess what.

The boat was moving with normal fast speed again. Wonderful.

The only problem now is, the boat still looks damaged. It's just the cosmetic issue now.
simular to this.
2nd time it has happened.

after a long battle at sea, boat was in bad shape, limped it to the shore and with emerg repairs, got to shore and fully fixed it (you can see it says prestine in the pic) but the boat still looks damaged and it wont sail.

even though it is fully fixed you have to do emerg repairs to get it to move and they are timed like allways.

last time to fix it we had to dry dock it and wait till after server down.

Pooker53

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Here is another crappy bug.I had a Peach TREE.I decided to move it.I chop it,it shows as a Peach tree TRUNK.I chop it again and the deed is now a peach tree TRUNK.These bugs are way messed up and need to be fixed !

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saltpeter from nitre deposits in Fel dungons is the same random numbers as in Tram.

N

Nairb

My Enchanted Apples are no longer Exceptional, after server up.
Using Classic client on Great Lakes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who broke housing?????

Everywhere you look even here on stratics it says that resizing your house is NOT subject to the wait of 7 days after placing..... well it's apparently subject to it after Transfer. Because I transferred a house to a friend and he went to resize but Ooops he has to wait 169 hours??

Not cool.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have the key in my pack for a boat, a boat that has decayed long ago. When I try to Recall to that key it says *the location is blocked*

However, Since the boat "decayed" it still seems to be in the water, Thus not allowing me to place a *High Seas OR Legacy Boats* in the water.. so basicly
I am a Boatless-Fisherman untill this bug gets fixed...

I cant even do the new fishing quests because you need your "OWN" boat in the water to do them Please fix this ASAP!

i must have paged 8 times and still no GM popped up to assist in anyway... so i decided to fill out a bug report and post this message... there has got to be others with this same problem!