• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) B^A Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to the sensitivity of the killing and looting of players by B^A members at the "Virtue Patrol" event held by GIL today, Saturday, March 5, 2016, I would like to address the issue at hand. While the killing and then looting of players at these player events are discouraged, it as an understood and unspoken rule by the shard, it should be done. However, it should be anticipated and/or expected on some level that it may happen. As the the guild leader of B^A, I do not condone, encourage or incite said actions. However, I "DO NOT" discourage them and this is an official statement:

"It is the stance of the B^A membership body that "ALL" of said guild and/or alliance members are permitted to say, act and play based on an individual basis, knowing that said player(s) in game words/actions are a reflection of that individual character(s) alone and are not that of any other member(s) within the B^A or its current alliance member(s)"

"Furthermore, B^A guild and/or alliance members are expected to say, act and play with the expectation of how said guild/alliance member(s) wish to be treated on an "individual" basis, knowingly understanding that other guild/alliance member(s) words/actions may effect said guild/alliance member(s) individual reputation based upon association."

This may be an unpopular statement for some and others may begrudgingly agree. The bottom line is, all of us pay to play Ultima Online. "WE" all have the right to play it as we see fit. We may not all agree on how that is done but thats just a simple matter of choice. It is not my job to tell my guild membership/alliance how "TO" play. I CAN and DO "SUGGEST" how I would prefer my guild/alliance members to approach certain in game situations based on my experience and knowledge of Siege politics. However, I can not "MAKE" anyone do what they do not what to do. If you would like to hold me personally responsible, thats fine with me. If you would like to hold everyone in my guild accountable for the actions for what a select few individuals have done, it has been discussed and agreed upon, thats fine with us, we stand united and are prepared to accept that.

All that being said, I would much prefer you try and see past all of the animosity of today and treat everyone as an individual. If you dont like someone or the way they treat you, dont talk to them or do business with them. If you believe know how that person acts/reacts based on prior actions, you know what to expect, prepare for it before hand. Everyone here knows what is happening. We all know each other. We all have to coexist. We all know who is who.

It is my sincere hope that GIL "DOES NOT" stop hosting the weekly Virtue Patrols on Sundays. You will not now or ever be able to regulate how people behave or show up to these player run events. Its an open invitation that is posted on stratics. I dont believe anyone has the right to complain when it does not go the way you invision it. This is a fel based server, fel based stuff is going to happen. We can only hope and have faith that everyone will try and play by unspoken rules of Siege conduct. With some open and civil conversation, I feel that this can be easily resolved.

To try and put peoples mind at ease, I spoke to my Guild members about what happened today, They have agreed to return armor and/or offer a buy back for looted armor. Now as a disclaimer, there is not going to be a perfect system for this. I am by no means gonna guarantee that you are gonna get all your stuff back as a whole due to happenstance. I can promise you there is an effort being made, by B^A, to work closely with other guild leadership to ensure that we will do our part to make pvp fun and worth while. If you die and are looted, by B^A or anyone else for that matter, just ask for your items or a buyback price. My guys want to PvP and if we all work together and talk about what needs to happen to make it work, for everyone involved, the better off we will all be. As for now, certain members in my guild have requested, that if you see them, you should assume that if you are killed by them, assume you will be looted. If you would like your itmes back, just ask and the details will be worked out from there. In general, because of the fel ruleset here on Siege, never....never leave a safe area with something you are not willing to loose.

Beyond that, the recruiting efforts by some key Siege players have made HUGE strides for our shard as a whole as of late. Recruitment is up, and the population seems to be thriving. Please do not let this ruin all the hard work and effort put forth by key siege ambassadors. You guys have done a wonderful job and all your hard work is appriciated. B^A never meant to sabotage your efforts.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am new to Siege. I fled from Prodo because I couldn't stand trash talk in GC. Would be good if those clowns would behave a bit mature at least when communicating... It's annoying, regardless of Felucca. On Atl I turned it off. I hope I don't have to turn it off on Siege ;-)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, by the way: My wife, who played a not fully developed thief every now and then, told me this morning, she was able to steal from both PKs. So, they might not be able to return/resell all the stuff, as they couldn't get control over my lady. Good wife! Found some nice stuff in my mailbox. So, if they tell you they don't have a certain piece, ask me. It might have been stolen by someone who is still surprising me ;-)

Have a good day!

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think maybe you guys should learn to fight better, rather than worrying about getting your junk looted.

It was 2 vs. 10.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not going to post my whole opinion about this public right now, I will keep it between guild leaders.

Only think I will say, we will always have that kind of guilds, call them FYOU, B^A or what ever you want.
I see a (RP) mark at this thread. This have nothing to do with RP, it's all about power and want to own the shard no matter who many who stop playing.
I do not mind more PvP but as long Devs do not fix the problem we have with items being a pain to replace, I would like players to leave players suit on the body. I can accept looting of upper gear like named artifacts, crimmi etc, but looting suits will stop PvP, not only at that day, If you lose a hat from a imbued suit, the whole suit is ruined because of the resist.
What fun is there in being a powerful PvP'ers if noone to fight, a little respect for the shards item problem will help alot.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh one thing more, I saw so many guys like this 2 fail to make it as slave in The Undead Lords, UDL, the guild was much more than being a powerful PvP'ers. They all wanted to be in the most powerful guild at that time, but the guild did not want them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No no, Virem want the shard to bow down and welcome this amazing great PvP God to Siege. I can only say good luck and welcome back to Siege :devil:

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No no, Virem want the shard to bow down and welcome this amazing great PvP God to Siege. I can only say good luck and welcome back to Siege :devil:
I guess according to the rules you all have set in place that your suppose to team up and kill the looter, but if virem continues to show up I doubt any one is going to fight because it still puts them at risk losing their gear. So Sunday VvV will turn into what it is every other day on Siege a desolate wasteland.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wherever these two guys go, they should look for their pockets. We will get you. No matter how good you fight. We got you yesterday many times - and we will get you in future. I am really looking forward to find you! Stealing from clowns is so much more fun than form nice players :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess according to the rules you all have set in place that your suppose to team up and kill the looter, but if virem continues to show up I doubt any one is going to fight because it still puts them at risk losing their gear. So Sunday VvV will turn into what it is every other day on Siege a desolate wasteland.
Sadly I fear a lot will stop trying PvP. I don't know how the shard as whole will handle it, I will try to keep my guild together. We may die a lot, but I doubt our gear will be useful for anything except unraw. If Virem want someone to give him some challenge, he should changes his style, sheep get boring to kill in the long run :p

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess there is a little more peril, huh.

Freja's done a great job recruiting people to siege. Unfortunately it's like the syrian refugees. 98pct are hard working people looking for a new life. 2% are asshats.

such is life.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now back to PvM...

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sadly I fear a lot will stop trying PvP. I don't know how the shard as whole will handle it, I will try to keep my guild together. We may die a lot, but I doubt our gear will be useful for anything except unraw. If Virem want someone to give him some challenge, he should changes his style, sheep get boring to kill in the long run :p
Where are these people you claim are trying to pvp? Everytime I get on I look for people, but find no one. I check VvV towns and even announce in gen chat where Im at and want to do some friendly fighting again no one comes. The people that usually show up on Sunday VvV event still wont even fight me alone even if I say I wont loot when I kill them. Its not people you need to be trying to bring here its changing peoples attitudes about actually fighting that play here currently without 3 other guildmates to do it.
Wherever these two guys go, they should look for their pockets. We will get you. No matter how good you fight. We got you yesterday many times - and we will get you in future. I am really looking forward to find you! Stealing from clowns is so much more fun than form nice players :)
I doubt either of them give a flying f*** about some piece of random LRC armor that you stole from them that was probably some piece of junk gear off someones suit or their enhanted apples. If your lucky you might have to force them to do an extra house run to re supply. That must be torture for them.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, just doing a bit RP here - like the OP implied. :p

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are these people you claim are trying to pvp? Everytime I get on I look for people, but find no one. I check VvV towns and even announce in gen chat where Im at and want to do some friendly fighting again no one comes. The people that usually show up on Sunday VvV event still wont even fight me alone even if I say I wont loot when I kill them. Its not people you need to be trying to bring here its changing peoples attitudes about actually fighting that play here currently without 3 other guildmates to do it.

I doubt either of them give a flying f*** about some piece of random LRC armor that you stole from them that was probably some piece of junk gear off someones suit or their enhanted apples. If your lucky you might have to force them to do an extra house run to re supply. That must be torture for them.
spoken like someone who is not here to be a part of the community but rather is here to grief. Your second para really sums it up. you just totally belittled a playstyle (thief) that actually has some real purpose on this shard. You'd jump up and down like a big baby on the prodo shard if a thief wasn't able to steal "some piece of random junk" but rather a nice shiney that you build your whole suit around.

your whole statement just reeks of hipocrasy.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On an IDOC on Siege, stealing means much more than grabbing pieces of junk. It means looting the looters which is funny, profitable and a matter of justice. We all should have done this!

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Due to the sensitivity of the killing and looting of players by B^A members at the "Virtue Patrol" event held by GIL today, Saturday, March 5, 2016, I would like to address the issue at hand. While the killing and then looting of players at these player events are discouraged, it as an understood and unspoken rule by the shard, it should be done. However, it should be anticipated and/or expected on some level that it may happen. As the the guild leader of B^A, I do not condone, encourage or incite said actions. However, I "DO NOT" discourage them and this is an official statement:

"It is the stance of the B^A membership body that "ALL" of said guild and/or alliance members are permitted to say, act and play based on an individual basis, knowing that said player(s) in game words/actions are a reflection of that individual character(s) alone and are not that of any other member(s) within the B^A or its current alliance member(s)"

"Furthermore, B^A guild and/or alliance members are expected to say, act and play with the expectation of how said guild/alliance member(s) wish to be treated on an "individual" basis, knowingly understanding that other guild/alliance member(s) words/actions may effect said guild/alliance member(s) individual reputation based upon association."

This may be an unpopular statement for some and others may begrudgingly agree. The bottom line is, all of us pay to play Ultima Online. "WE" all have the right to play it as we see fit. We may not all agree on how that is done but thats just a simple matter of choice. It is not my job to tell my guild membership/alliance how "TO" play. I CAN and DO "SUGGEST" how I would prefer my guild/alliance members to approach certain in game situations based on my experience and knowledge of Siege politics. However, I can not "MAKE" anyone do what they do not what to do. If you would like to hold me personally responsible, thats fine with me. If you would like to hold everyone in my guild accountable for the actions for what a select few individuals have done, it has been discussed and agreed upon, thats fine with us, we stand united and are prepared to accept that.

All that being said, I would much prefer you try and see past all of the animosity of today and treat everyone as an individual. If you dont like someone or the way they treat you, dont talk to them or do business with them. If you believe know how that person acts/reacts based on prior actions, you know what to expect, prepare for it before hand. Everyone here knows what is happening. We all know each other. We all have to coexist. We all know who is who.

It is my sincere hope that GIL "DOES NOT" stop hosting the weekly Virtue Patrols on Sundays. You will not now or ever be able to regulate how people behave or show up to these player run events. Its an open invitation that is posted on stratics. I dont believe anyone has the right to complain when it does not go the way you invision it. This is a fel based server, fel based stuff is going to happen. We can only hope and have faith that everyone will try and play by unspoken rules of Siege conduct. With some open and civil conversation, I feel that this can be easily resolved.

To try and put peoples mind at ease, I spoke to my Guild members about what happened today, They have agreed to return armor and/or offer a buy back for looted armor. Now as a disclaimer, there is not going to be a perfect system for this. I am by no means gonna guarantee that you are gonna get all your stuff back as a whole due to happenstance. I can promise you there is an effort being made, by B^A, to work closely with other guild leadership to ensure that we will do our part to make pvp fun and worth while. If you die and are looted, by B^A or anyone else for that matter, just ask for your items or a buyback price. My guys want to PvP and if we all work together and talk about what needs to happen to make it work, for everyone involved, the better off we will all be. As for now, certain members in my guild have requested, that if you see them, you should assume that if you are killed by them, assume you will be looted. If you would like your itmes back, just ask and the details will be worked out from there. In general, because of the fel ruleset here on Siege, never....never leave a safe area with something you are not willing to loose.

Beyond that, the recruiting efforts by some key Siege players have made HUGE strides for our shard as a whole as of late. Recruitment is up, and the population seems to be thriving. Please do not let this ruin all the hard work and effort put forth by key siege ambassadors. You guys have done a wonderful job and all your hard work is appriciated. B^A never meant to sabotage your efforts.
A worthy effort as something needed to be said. But 884 words? Generally when people use so many words, they're afraid of saying something ;)

But you're shard royalty there. I'm maybe 3 weeks in. And I could not be more fortunate. My guild leader has what I look for most in an online game leader: moral authority. My guildmates such as Eaerendil are generous, kind, thoughtful and keenly intelligent. These qualities I respect far more the ability to play a computer game well.

Killing and looting players who will have difficulty replacing what's taken, especially against larger numbers, does not make a person special or admirable. Standing for something unselfish, something that reflects empathy and wisdom, this is far more difficult. It's a test of character. Sadly it's rare, but I have found lots of it on Siege.

Reflect these qualities and you'll need far fewer words. Be more a leader and less a politician :)

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm o.k. with the looting and such mind u, as its the unique reason siege is what it is.

I would just ask that the gen chat doesnt come to resemble what passes for o.k. on the hot guild forums or gen chat on atl.

it really is a good community here. if you act accordingly you will continue to find people to engage.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thieving is one of the funniest playstyles in UO. If you can't understand that, you are a poor whimp. Nothing more thrilling than the moment of... And its yours. And running like hell. I think it would be joy making them a target. Not only for stealing. Imagine the fun at EM events.... You got an EM item? Lemme see... Brave Amateur? ...now its mine! :p

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
spoken like someone who is not here to be a part of the community but rather is here to grief. Your second para really sums it up. you just totally belittled a playstyle (thief) that actually has some real purpose on this shard. You'd jump up and down like a big baby on the prodo shard if a thief wasn't able to steal "some piece of random junk" but rather a nice shiney that you build your whole suit around.

your whole statement just reeks of hipocrasy.
If any one has belittled the play style of a thief its the devs themselves. They destroyed that template not me. Also I wont be jumping up and down any time soon because I dont play prodo nor do I have any characters there. I think I have played here long enough to be considered a part of this community whether considered good or bad. Also I would hardly call that griefing on a forum board. I said neither one of those guys would care if someone steals something from them on a shard where a thief actually has purpose, because its true. Who are you again?

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm mis interpreting this post. Sounds to me u just took a big dump on him being a thief.

If not the case, my apologies.

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What some PvPers don't understand is that plenty of people are mainly interested in the social aspect of the game. They don't need PvP to be happy. There are plenty of activities they can do. Just don't forget we have an ongoing fishing contest.

Will people unite to kill troublemakers? The answer is probably no, because they don't provide a good social experience.

When you think of it, while some hardcore PvPers see themselves as gods, other see them as less interesting than a peerless. If it wasn't the case, those "unskilled PvPers" would just unite and get taming off their soulstones.

What would it take to get people to rally and fight with combat skills? Probably an "invasion" in a RP context.

Zalfein

Mr. Jamison

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Each person here pays their own monthly subscription, no one person can control another.. it's their play style. The running their mouth an all that?? I could live without that but oh well. Looting? Now everyone knows better I guess.. its siege. It is what it is and will be..

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have hundreds of all of these items for sale;

Shroud of Condemned
Mana Phasing Orbs
Tangles
Quivers of Infinities
Corgul's Sashes
Enchanted Kelp Leggings

Private message me for details!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The strategy of disavowing actions of a guild mate(s) has never worked, in my recollection.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Igg has sure turned into a phony. Sorry to see that, man.
Igg is with out a doubt the most trustworthy best guild mate I have ever played with. He has always respected the playstyle that I want to play, and doesnt tell me or others how to have fun in a game we choose to play that has dragons and unicorns in it. Its just not that political come on people.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Igg is with out a doubt the most trustworthy best guild mate I have ever played with. He has always respected the playstyle that I want to play, and doesnt tell me or others how to have fun in a game we choose to play that has dragons and unicorns in it. Its just not that political come on people.
If those two weren't on your team, you would be singing a different tune, just as you were for the past few weeks. In fact, you were quitting just not long ago.

It is just a shame to see this happen after the good it has done the shard. It doesn't affect me or the Savages as we wear junk gear anyways.

And it isn't about politics. The last time anyone killed Igg at an EM Event, he whined like a madman. So just sayin...let's not be hypocrites.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EDITED. My wife means, I should behave. ;-)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Quivers of Infinities
Keep my quiver and pink Courage, hope you like the color, else you will have to dye it I can replace them. It bug me more, that I got my bone pieces and gorget back but not my hat or was it a circle, not sure but I'm sure it was pink. It's almost impossible to add a new hat and get the resist right, so I guess I will unraw the bones. I don't blame you for this, I blame @Mesanna for not listen, when I ask for more basis resist on crafted and loot items on Siegeto make it easier to put together a new 5x70 suit. I also ask to get Fel bonus on Siege and get rid of 3x vendor prices. That stop PvP more than you do on Siege. Sieges items are not balanced vs no Item Insurance and we are many who don't want Item Insurance or more blessed stuff on Siege.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If those two weren't on your team, you would be singing a different tune, just as you were for the past few weeks. In fact, you were quitting just not long ago.

It is just a shame to see this happen after the good it has done the shard. It doesn't affect me or the Savages as we wear junk gear anyways.

And it isn't about politics. The last time anyone killed Igg at an EM Event, he whined like a madman. So just sayin...let's not be hypocrites.
I believe the only tune I was singing was saying the only reason that VvV fun was happening was because no one was looting. I think my point has been proven in that regard. Second exactly how much good is it doing for the shard to have people on fighting one day of the week when the rest of the time its a barren wasteland? The fact remains is people are to scared to lose their gear no matter how much fun it is to fight on Sundays. Also I believe you are the biggest coward of them all because you want to Role play savages and wear nothing. In fact since it doesnt concern you why dont you shut your trap? Another thing that doesnt have any thing to do with you is whether or not im quiting or not.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the only tune I was singing was saying the only reason that VvV fun was happening was because no one was looting. I think my point has been proven in that regard. Second exactly how much good is it doing for the shard to have people on fighting one day of the week when the rest of the time its a barren wasteland? The fact remains is people are to scared to lose their gear no matter how much fun it is to fight on Sundays. Also I believe you are the biggest coward of them all because you want to Role play savages and wear nothing. In fact since it doesnt concern you why dont you shut your trap? Another thing that doesnt have any thing to do with you is whether or not im quiting or not.
You seem mad bro? It just a game with unicorns. Please relax.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Second exactly how much good is it doing for the shard to have people on fighting one day of the week when the rest of the time its a barren wasteland? The fact remains is people are to scared to lose their gear no matter how much fun it is to fight on Sundays.
I don't think that is correct, we got some new stuff, we got new players on Siege. I had been busy hunting the new stuff and I had been busy crafting to stock my vendors. I only have a few hours to play week days, and speaking with new TDO members, hunt for new stuff and crafting did not leave any time for the VvV town. That may be the case for a lot others.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can teach you guys how to fight so you don't lose your gear. Here is the first lesson.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well I was not happy to see this after they dropped me. Still it is Siege. Slowed me down getting redressed with everything all over the area.

I was happy to see they left my suit. I have very little gold on Siege and to have to buy it back would really make it difficult to play. I hope we can continue to do VvV as before but will understand if the community overall decides that its done and over with. Still it has been fun for this old dog and I will miss the runs from the *BUG*.

La Z Susan

Visitor

^ This is a joke right? ^

^ Even bigger joke? ^

Sorry to burst your bubble but no B^A stance or rule will change the fact that every guild member you have reflects on your guild as a whole. As the leader of the guild you're responsible for your members and their actions... If you don't approve of one you rid of it, else you obviously do endorse their words and actions.

I do hope GIL continues to participate in the event but from my understanding they mostly PvM and play for community benefit and fun of loot free PvP. As someone who is returning and new having a safer place to PvP and get back into it is nice due to the lack of being able to just throw on more gear. If GIL does drop and the event dies then ya B^A did kinda ruin it :( We shall see though

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact of the matter is that it provided fun for people who would otherwise have not even tried VvV as well as for the veteran PvP'ers who have trouble finding fights. No one was telling anyone how to play their game, you joined an event that had pre-defined agreements, that you otherwise would not have even logged in for.

These same people, who beg for fights for months and offer no looting and even gold, ironically become their own worst enemy. They are afraid to stand up to a "good" pvp'er and would rather join them, than lose their gear for something they know is wrong.

I think one purpose of the event was to help show that PvP can be fun and perhaps more would do it throughout the week without it being a specific event. There I can understand looting all you want. But right now, you only hurt the one enjoyment some of you get from the game.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can teach you guys how to fight so you don't lose your gear. Here is the first lesson.

I found this video of you PvPing a bit more interesting. *points down*
As I only use the CC myself I have to ask. Those alliance messages that keep popping up on your screen every few seconds, "enemy is XXXX", are those part of the EC or UOAssist?

Status
Not open for further replies.