• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Awesome Housing Change!! From next Publish!! no more placing on trial accounts!!

A

Africanus

midiguru:"Actually the laughs on you but whatever. See I don't make my UO living digging through other peoples trash. Apparently you and your pals do."

Do you embarrass yourself in real life by not reading before you respond? I never said I was the best, I said one of the best, as some being the best would be a matter of opinion. It seems you have an opinion about idocing that does make you a borish "snobby complainer" who tends to make moronic/idiotic statements that makes one wonder why you care to comment at all. I mean, it sounds like your opinion of idocing is pretty low.

Invalid opinions are ones that have no fact, reasoning or experience backing it up, sums up your argument. Sounds to me like you went to a few and just got whooped by the better trashmen in UO.

S

Sees Far

Again, you make Flan's point for him: You don't know what's hard work about it because you've never done it. You just want it dumbed down to your level (from the sound of you, I don't know if that's possible).

Echoes of a generation used to being able to enter a cheat code when they got tired of trying too hard...

S

Sees Far

Actually the joke is still on you. No matter what changes go in, smart people will still have an advantage over stupid people. Ain't it nice how that works?

M

MondainofLegends

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

[/ QUOTE ]
What happens when 2 or more houses are demolished, do all the owners have the same placing rights?

[/ QUOTE ]The account-bound area only covers the original size of the house (including borders and room for stairs). If two neighbors both demolish and one tries to place on top of another’s, it won’t work. They can only place on top of their original area and any free space next to it.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

IDOCs and other forms of devastation (see Luna) will have a temporary no-place region that decays randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope there is more to this because that won't stop scripting in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, there’s more to it. The temporary no-place area for IDOCs is part of a package of fixes, including making item looting less exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to go Draconi !! I've been waiting for these housing fixes for a very long time. I have been to many IDOCs and seen many of them fall and also have witnessed a IDOC guild on my shard sometimes using the placement script and also using the looting script. But most of the time, all they did was place a plot and placed most of the IDOC loot onto it. Leaving very little loot for the rest of us. Your fix here is a good thing. It will stop the cheaters and give everyone a more of a equal chance at all the IDOC loot. Thx again for this fix.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am curious, what will happen to all the houses, which stand already longer than they should due to various bugs. Will they be cleaned up with the upcoming publish and how will this cleanup happen - normal IDOC cycle or instant fall or deletion?

*Salute*
Olahorand

I

imported_Wraith One

I have been doing idoc's for a little over 3 years and I have witnessed the same person continuously getting the luna homes. It's easy to tell who the person is when the ICQ# they use is the same. I've also witnessed an OSI owned luna home, the one that recycled due to a rented vendor, get placed at by an honest player. He then gets cheated out of it a week later, when he tried to resized it, by a scripter. I also lost my own luna home to a scripter when I tried to resize it. However, I was fortunate and had paged a GM for assistance before resizing so the GM witnessed the scripting as well. The GM dropped the house the scripter placed, and I was able to replace. I have to say that making it a timer based system may or may not stop them, but as for the afk scripters, they sit there 24/7 trying non-stop to place a home.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

[/ QUOTE ]
What happens when 2 or more houses are demolished, do all the owners have the same placing rights?

[/ QUOTE ]The account-bound area only covers the original size of the house (including borders and room for stairs). If two neighbors both demolish and one tries to place on top of another’s, it won’t work. They can only place on top of their original area and any free space next to it.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

IDOCs and other forms of devastation (see Luna) will have a temporary no-place region that decays randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, there’s more to it. The temporary no-place area for IDOCs is part of a package of fixes, including making item looting less exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

how will this work for gathering smaller plots and demolishing them all to place larger houses , such as towers,keeps or castles ?
sometimes these plots require 5 houses to obtain.

R

Redrum1

I placed a keep about 2 weeks ago when a keep fell in Fel. After my week was up we dropped the keep and my wife had placed a castle on the spot that I had the keep. Different accounts and all. Would this owner placement thing have affected that? And when it comes to an IDOC, I camped this house with my stealther for 4 days and logged on right after it fell. As a matter of fact a few FL were running around picking up some items in the keeps area when I logged on. I placed the keep immediatly when I logged in and one of the FL said I was a scripter. Not everyone who places scripts. This was a house I just happened to come upon and watched it for days.

G

yea this change is going to make it real tough for the true idocers (not the crao bag lazy scripters and cheaters) we will just scout more and place safehouses nest to the idoc (I know that will also be deemed unfair somehow that are nonscripted paid for account will somehow be cryed about).

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

midiguru:"Actually the laughs on you but whatever. See I don't make my UO living digging through other peoples trash. Apparently you and your pals do."

Do you embarrass yourself in real life by not reading before you respond? I never said I was the best, I said one of the best, as some being the best would be a matter of opinion. It seems you have an opinion about idocing that does make you a borish "snobby complainer" who tends to make moronic/idiotic statements that makes one wonder why you care to comment at all. I mean, it sounds like your opinion of idocing is pretty low.

Invalid opinions are ones that have no fact, reasoning or experience backing it up, sums up your argument. Sounds to me like you went to a few and just got whooped by the better trashmen in UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite frankly, I find it appalling that some of your posts remain on Stratics with the degrading conotations noted within them, such as this one above.

I also wonder why you remain active in UO with the amount of complaints that have been issued your way. I, for one, have watched some of the most dispicable comments come from either you or members of your group in game and to see it carry over to Stratics without recourse literally makes me ill.

For instance, I recall a Luna IDOC where a fellow players was talking among others about a health problem she had that prevented her from working. You called her "pathetic." I also watched you call another player a "Transvestite" and told her she should "Die" because her "family would be better off without" her.

I need not even mention your regular clockwork of teleporting into Zento and other locations on "Tetsuo," as your conduct toward fellow players should have been enough to have you and your group banned ages ago.

Your conduct deeply offends me and I for one, wish someone would step up to the plate and remove players like yourself from the game entirely. Your conduct represents the absolute worst of "poor sportsmanship."

G

<blockquote><hr>

I placed a keep about 2 weeks ago when a keep fell in Fel. After my week was up we dropped the keep and my wife had placed a castle on the spot that I had the keep. Different accounts and all. Would this owner placement thing have affected that? And when it comes to an IDOC, I camped this house with my stealther for 4 days and logged on right after it fell. As a matter of fact a few FL were running around picking up some items in the keeps area when I logged on. I placed the keep immediatly when I logged in and one of the FL said I was a scripter. Not everyone who places scripts. This was a house I just happened to come upon and watched it for days.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would not have been able to place a keep when the first one fell, you would have had to wait out a timer before placing. Then when you dropped the keep you would have to wait out another timer before placing the castle. All these timers play into the scripters hands.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You would not have been able to place a keep when the first one fell, you would have had to wait out a timer before placing. Then when you dropped the keep you would have to wait out another timer before placing the castle. All these timers play into the scripters hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree the first timer does favor the scripters the average person upgrading/combining their houses won't be bothered by scripters in the case of the second timer. Generally they don't camp non-decaying houses and with the addition of the other new changes perhaps we will return to the days of old when falling keeps were replaced by keeps and castles by castles instead of 4 or 5 instant 7 x 7s by the same cheater.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how that first timer on an idoc is going to play out, but it seems like a simple gump allowing an acct to relinquish their proprietary hold on a plot would be manageable and allow for upgrades in this manner.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how will this work for gathering smaller plots and demolishing them all to place larger houses , such as towers,keeps or castles ?
sometimes these plots require 5 houses to obtain.

[/ QUOTE ]The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas.

G

- Well this can't be right.
Now it looks like there is nothing to complain about with this change until we find out more details.
I blame it on the Dev Team.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's even more confusing.

Say you have a scenerio like this one.

All 5 small plots are owned by 5 different accounts, holding a castle spot.

Now when you said *If an owner demo's his house only the size of the original house and any FREE space around it is account bound and noone else can place*

Then you said
"The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas. "

That part about NOT initiating account-bound placing areas....so with the scenerio above, all 5 DIFFERENT accounts can drop their houses simultaniously and ONE account can place a castle over the other 4 ACCOUNT BOUND areas???

I is confused...*scratches head*

G

From how I read it, you have it thought out right.
Only thing is that it is the player's choice as to whether they initiate the account bound placement area or not.

You want to drop multi houses and put a bigger one up? No prob. / same risk as before.
You want to drop your house and protect your area for an upgrade/downgrade of plot size? No prob. / initiate the protection area and avoid the risk of losing that one plot.

G

So the delay between a house falling and a player being able to replace it only affects IDOC drops, not houses deliberately demolished?

I guess the dream for some would be a system where houses could have an option to merge plots. Like a menu that allowed them to select which house to merge with and who the eventual owner was. Then the main owner could review the offers and accepting them would merge the relevant plots instantly. I'm guessing that would be a huuuuuuuuuuge undertaking to program though
Mmm, customisable L-shapes *drools*

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's even more confusing.

Say you have a scenerio like this one.

All 5 small plots are owned by 5 different accounts, holding a castle spot.

Yes.

You answered it right.

2 choices.
Demolish with account bound area (as will be added).
Demolish with no account bound areas (as is now).

Now when you said *If an owner demo's his house only the size of the original house and any FREE space around it is account bound and noone else can place*

Then you said
"The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas. "

That part about NOT initiating account-bound placing areas....so with the scenerio above, all 5 DIFFERENT accounts can drop their houses simultaniously and ONE account can place a castle over the other 4 ACCOUNT BOUND areas???

I is confused...*scratches head*

[/ QUOTE ]

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

From how I read it, you have it thought out right.
Only thing is that it is the player's choice as to whether they initiate the account bound placement area or not.

You want to drop multi houses and put a bigger one up? No prob. / same risk as before.
You want to drop your house and protect your area for an upgrade/downgrade of plot size? No prob. / initiate the protection area and avoid the risk of losing that one plot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen anything saying that it's the players choice....IF that is the case, great! Demo a house and get a gump asking if you want to initiate the account bound area or not is a GREAT idea...but so far haven't seen any evidence suggesting that's what's going to happen....

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

I haven't seen anything saying that it's the players choice....IF that is the case, great! Demo a house and get a gump asking if you want to initiate the account bound area or not is a GREAT idea...but so far haven't seen any evidence suggesting that's what's going to happen....

[/ QUOTE ]Draconi just said it was last page

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, posted by the Devil..ermm Draconi himself:

The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That wasn't that clear to me....sorry I"m not blonde but sometimes I need things spelled out for me. *grins*

So there will possibly be a gump before you demo your house asking if you want to turn on the account bound no placing area or not? THAT is what I need to see...black and white....UGH I know I'm a pain. I got it now! *smiles*

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That wasn't that clear to me....sorry I"m not blonde but sometimes I need things spelled out for me. *grins*

Hrmph!
I got it.
*smiles*

This will be great though for resizing your home without possibly losing the spot.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Laughs* I meant no offense to blondes you know Rachel *sticks tongue out*

I'm part polish, I blame that *grins*

I

imported_The Home Guild

You say you dislike the idoc campers cause they place plot and take all the[loot that wasn't yours in first place and was the last owners that chose not to refresh] Loot! Oh, i see.I find it funny people like yourself calling and assuming everyone that out beats you or other players are scripters.I for one didn't just start this game we all play and i didn't just start idocing/selling homes/placing.
I'm good at placing,good at sales and great with my clients/friends.Before you judge others take a sec to think just maybe they are a "non" scripter and just beat you fair and square. Main thing i love bout this new publish is fianlly they are fixing the water barrels issue from 06 that never got published.Long over do for a certain guild we know of that goes across shards in our luna cities with a group of people to gain and place plot using barrels.

People seem to think Idocing is a "skill" Nay guys it's not it's a passtime of boredness and of course free loot? Be happy if you get atleast one item it wasn't yours to begin with.

Thank you for reading.

R

Redrum1

When we come across an IDOC we keep an eye on it and if we happen to be on when it falls great. We have many times walked right into an IDOC that no one has seen and the stuff is on the ground. When i placed my keep all the items that were on the old plot ended up under my new house sign. I got what I wanted which was the keep so when the FL members who already killed me came back to get any items left I said have it. I have no idea what was there but i got what I was waiting for and they got what they wanted(minus a murder count that I did not give them). So we were all happy. I find that doing the occasional IDOC can be fun and if i get something out of it so be it. Sometimes all I get are a few smeltables, but hey, i got some ingots then that I can always use.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas.

[/ QUOTE ]
If someone pulls down a grandfather house and utilizes the account-bound plaement system will they still cause their other houses on that account to begin to fall when they replace?

I

imported_Hanna

I would hope so, the grandfathered houses are grandfathered on the condition that you keep them all as they are.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I would hope so, the grandfathered houses are grandfathered on the condition that you keep them all as they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, so that account is stuck with his small tower on Siege, the small marble workshop on Baja and the Sandstone on Europe - all in the nowhere areas of Felucca/Siege (the tower on Drachenfels originally also hold by that account had to be demolished already before to free up the space to some other account to place a larger house).

Even if resizing all these 3 houses without loosing them (which is not very well possible in their current area at all, maybe two or 3 tiles at all) they would claim much less space together than holding one castle/keep on that same account.

*Salute*
Olahorand

I

imported_Hanna

No that account is not stuck with multiple houses on one account, you can give up all the granfathered houses, like other peope did to place another house.