• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Awesome Housing Change!! From next Publish!! no more placing on trial accounts!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Well this statement...

"House resizing: demolishing a house creates an account bound area for guaranteed house placement for a limited time"

Is what makes me THINK...now I don't know but if a house is demo'd the spot remaining is account-bound, why wouldn't that be the same for IDOC's? A house falls and the spot is still account bound...MAYBE we can get some clarification from Draconi next week on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two scenarios are different and hence should have a different rule set.

A demolishing of a house is an act committed because a desire exists for change. I own the land and have decided to change the structure upon it.

An IDOC is born out of neglect. I stopped paying my taxes and didn't complete proper maintenance - the house falls and the land is taken.

Makes complete sense to me

[/ QUOTE ]Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

IDOCs and other forms of devastation (see Luna) will have a temporary no-place region that decays randomly.

G

- ah, very interesting.

I wonder how this will impact 24/7 'players' that attempt to place 5 times per second versus regular players that cannot 'play' 24/7 and attempt to place 5 tps?

x: oh, oh, looks like I get the 1st pitchfork award! An honorary pitchfork made out of coal for the first angry mobster to come forth... just playin'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Finally astep in the right direction just years late

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunate, but true. Then again, better late then never, eh? Next thing you know we’ll be getting commas in checks or something crazy like that.

F

Fayled Dhreams

OH !!! SWEET !!!

Three thumbs up
<font color=red>...</font color=red>

best
year

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunate, but true. Then again, better late then never, eh? Next thing you know we’ll be getting commas in checks or something crazy like that.

[/ QUOTE ]And new ships?!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

[/ QUOTE ]
What happens when 2 or more houses are demolished, do all the owners have the same placing rights?

<blockquote><hr>

IDOCs and other forms of devastation (see Luna) will have a temporary no-place region that decays randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope there is more to this because that won't stop scripting in the least.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down. You dont want to burn out. Just keep the pace. Things are going well. (hehe)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

[/ QUOTE ]
What happens when 2 or more houses are demolished, do all the owners have the same placing rights?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it may not stop it but its going to need a huge face lift.

G

If I were a GM, I'd be like: Give us a 10 minute alert before a big idoc/burnout goes public s.o.'s. we can sweep the area for automatons.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have not seen the rules for areas not placing when a house falls or is dropped... I must of missed it in FoF.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!!!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

- ah, very interesting.

I wonder how this will impact 24/7 'players' that attempt to place 5 times per second versus regular players that cannot 'play' 24/7 and attempt to place 5 tps?

x: oh, oh, looks like I get the 1st pitchfork award! An honorary pitchfork made out of coal for the first angry mobster to come forth... just playin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lets see, it will do nothing to deter the scripters since they are automated anyway...so what did this fix?

G

- Don't get mad, but... we are in agreement.

I was looking for an answer to that myself.
Perhaps there is more to this systemic update?
That's what has my curiousity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well it may not stop it but its going to need a huge face lift.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. All this does is lets people loot the items on the ground..........which is what was possible currently when people blocked with water barrels.

Not being able to place over players/items is how it was house decays were originally designed. I think it would have been a good idea for all items in a house to be given a special property that blocks placement. That property is lost as soon as the item is picked up. So players have to clean up before putting down a house. That combined with a few pieces of rubble scattered about would greatly hinder script placing. The rubble would have varying decay times of 5-30 minutes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

- ah, very interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lets see, it will do nothing to deter the scripters since they are automated anyway...so what did this fix?

[/ QUOTE ]My previous post highlighted the difference between the new feature of house resizing and IDOC decay. Further information about fixes for house placement exploits will be available in the patch notes.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]My previous post highlighted the difference between the new feature of house resizing and IDOC decay. Further information about fixes for house placement exploits will be available in the patch notes.

[/ QUOTE ]
... tell ya what ...
let the "details" remain mysterious ... for a time ...
Like the full effects of cloaks of corruption ...

just saying ... eventually all can be revealed/discovered ...

just saying ...

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

- ah, very interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All this does is eliminate the true idoc playstyle. Scripters will still be there as well as people complaining they didnt get this and didnt get that. I for one, take this as a huge slap in the face for an honest player. Everyone could have learned to idoc but lets change the system to make players that dont really do it all the time happy. While we are at it, lets change the whole system. Lets make scripting perfectly legal and get rid of the GM's. This change essentially said that is ok to script since you did absolutely nothing to stop them as a whole and that you will change the system rather then getting rid of the players/scripting systems. No wonder UO is going downhill.

Its funny, all the people that complained about idocs dont even do them. I do idocs on 6 shards and I never saw the amount of people that complained at any of the idocs total. Change the system for a few lazy people....Nice Job !

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

Ill third it !!!with a big

[/ QUOTE ]

You second or third anything as long as it is with the majority. Heaven forbid you actually care about what you are doing and go on your own way.

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely Nothing as Usual.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is, like virtually every nefarious enterprise known to man, people will do it when the potential of getting away with it is huge.

EA posting these lofty (and questionable) numbers of scripters and dupers being banned won't slow them in the least. Only when they see with their own eyes their compatriots getting busted, and get busted themselves several times, will they even contemplate stopping.

Because, again, like any other unsavory pursuit, people will do it until the reward isn't worth the time and risk.

And for years now, we've had no enforcement.

Scripting and duping give the illusion of generating resources from nothing. But due to this game having an in-game economy, every one of those transgressions are paid for by honest players.

G

Won't this play right into the scripters hands, since they will just wait to the timer is up to place. The power the scripters have is that they are unattended and can wait out timers.

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

Here again, people dont want to put the time in to learn, they get frustrated and go crying on these boards about changing something that they have no business chiming in on to change.

[/ QUOTE ]I am the slightest bit confused as to why they don't have any business asking for change. Don't they pay their monthly fee the same as you do? Aren't they entitled to ask for change if they feel it's needed? Are you the only one allowed to come here and cry about something?

You assume they don't want to put the time into learning something. You don't know that for a fact but you whine and cry here because of the changes. Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?

U

_Uriah Heep_

My thoughts exactly!

You and I and everyone else placing by hand will get tired and leave...the bots, will sit there for however long it takes, to place...

I fail to see the solution

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Yesterday's release is being discussed in another thread

Forum Etiquette Enjoy!

Hoped for an opportunity to show this!
------------------------------------------

and everyone has all the time in the world to read every thread in every forum to make sure they aren't asking a stupid question/going to get slapped in the face. Go back to making solar powered flashlights and calling the cops on your neighbors cause their house is the wrong color.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

My thoughts exactly!

You and I and everyone else placing by hand will get tired and leave...the bots, will sit there for however long it takes, to place...

I fail to see the solution

[/ QUOTE ]Well my take on it the period of time is less than 30 minutes and random, so with no house for their script to detect missing, it levels the playing field alot, it also stops the script loot to plot placers.

And with the added bonus of stopping the abuse of the free trial accounts.

In my opinion, it's a great change. The ones complaining the most about this change are the ones that constantly abuse the system currently in place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well my take on it the period of time is less than 30 minutes and random, so with no house for their script to detect missing, it levels the playing field alot, it also stops the script loot to plot placers.

And with the added bonus of stopping the abuse of the free trial accounts.

In my opinion, it's a great change.

[/ QUOTE ]

The scripts can be set and looped with uoassist and other tools to simply continously attempt to place a house, it doesn't matter if the house is still standing.

<blockquote><hr>

The ones complaining the most about this change are the ones that constantly abuse the system currently in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show proof of that ignorent statement. The fact is these rules changes have effects on honest players; to impugn the character of those whom voice an opinion against the changes is wrong.

U

_Uriah Heep_

*Laughs*

I don't understand it, didnt say I didn't like it...I don't think it will solve the problem, since the scripts, as I understand it, continuously try to place, even if a house is standing there...

I'll complain all I want
and as for scripting, I dont even run UOA LMAO

geeez

A

Africanus

Hanna:" You say using 100s of free trial account to place and hold houses plots is a valid tatic in IDOCs (I know you say this cause you have done it for years). I say the water pitcher and barrels are a valid tatic to stop you so that others may also loot. "

I don't use them and I could careless what they do the 14 day trials. Every account I have I have paid for either via buying boxes or using gold to obtain them, those new account codes aren't free. You tell a very bad fairytale! Secondly, I like many other serious idocers have multiple accounts years old for placing. Watch and learn, if you can!

You and many others don't seem to understand, I am perturbed that this took 18 months while barrel boy and others ran loose all over the place. They had a fix for it and just believed the most ignorant moronic statements that were later proven untrue. It just took a year for people to figure it out.

Change isn't always bad, but we shall see how this impacts the script kiddies, the uoa looper is one as stated by Thunder and the sign detector is the other. I think I can hold my fire on the changes until we see if the full list of changes will impact this. Otherwise things will not change so much on the competition front.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
RTLFC

You guys ALL seem to have missed this part...
"Further information about fixes for house placement exploits will be available in the patch notes. "

WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION YET!!! Guys relax! Be patient! WAIT until we have ALL the information before you start complaining okay???

G

but the agendiaists will always complain unless the playstyle is made to there needs. I think the changes stated so far will weed out allot of the lazy uberleet shortcutters that want all the loot with no effort and those that actaully use team work and are the more succesful will stay that way and those that have used short cuts will all of a sudden stop posting about how the succesful cheat not only in the current style but even more so in the one coming because it will weed out allot of bag O Poo Cheaters
. Ohh and all you Moroons that scream cheater at my guild will have there ignorance proven when we still do well (or better) under the new ruleset.

G

<blockquote><hr>

...commas in checks or something crazy like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like sarcasm to me?

Just in case u think ppl were ingrate : There were many posts in which ppl did agree and even said thnx for these changes.

I appreciate these changes. THANKS!

M

midiguru

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sounds like your just mad cause your free ride is over. PWNED! Speaking of seriousness?!!? Ya that's seriously funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

And again, from the mouth of someone who hasnt a clue what idocing involves and just wants to chime in to get more posts....and by the way idocing isnt a free ride it is hard work beating scripters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please...... Get over yourself! I'm glad you've appointed yourself the king/queen of IDOC's with supposed "skills" cause no one else will. All I see from your posts is a person with no life and alot of hot air. Hard work?!?! please. I'm not exactly sure whats so hard about showing up with a group of people wilding grabbing everything like a bunch of 2 year olds in a candy shop all while hoping your bot account script places a house. Hard work.... YA OKAY. It's pretty hard to believe you'd call camping and looting hard work. You and your free ride "groupies" just got PWNED! Hard work..... LOL i'm still laughing about that one!

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

*Laughs*

I don't understand it, didnt say I didn't like it...I don't think it will solve the problem, since the scripts, as I understand it, continuously try to place, even if a house is standing there...

I'll complain all I want
and as for scripting, I dont even run UOA LMAO

geeez

[/ QUOTE ]I never said you should all I said is that I think it will go far to help stop some of the abuse. And I wasn't refering to your complaint, just the ones that think using the free trials is ok.

Africanous, well you go on paying for those 80+ accounts. Keep UO in business.

But I will grant you one thing with the new changes, they shouldn't allow water barrels to block the empty land areas after the timer decays.

A

Africanus

midiguru: "I'm not exactly sure whats so hard about showing up with a group of people wilding grabbing everything like a bunch of 2 year olds in a candy shop all while hoping your bot account script places a house. Hard work.... YA OKAY. It's pretty hard to believe you'd call camping and looting hard work. You and your free ride "groupies" just got PWNED! Hard work..... LOL i'm still laughing about that one! "

The laugh is on you with this one. I have beaten Flanuva and his team and they have beaten us. I congradulate people on thier victories or percieved ones unless they are proven idiots or poor sports. People who show up to idocs acting like two year olds are the ones getting their butts handed to them at idocs. The fact you don't have a clue that there is effort put into preparation, searching and getting downtimes says most of it. If your team leader add the fact of more responsibility and dealing with different personalites. I don't like calling it work and when it becomes like work, I take a break.

Plucky said it too, things aren't gonna change in the favor or people too lazy to learn the system. We don't even know the full scope of all the changes yet.

M

midiguru

Actually the laughs on you but whatever. See I don't make my UO living digging through other peoples trash. Apparently you and your pals do. Great for you. Sure walking around all the facets, timing out a fall, getting your flock of sheep ready may be "work". Hard work? Eh not really. It may be hard to someone who's never done it. To a daily UO Garbage man like yourself not so much. IDOC's have become a way for lazy people who have them down to a science like you and the rest of the snobby complainers here who think they are the best of the best to get a free ride in UO. Just by claiming your the "best" at anything pretty much invalidates everything you say. Your only the "best" in your own mind pal and maybe in the minds of your brainless trash collecting sheep pals. It's funny how you like to tell us how we don't know anything yada yada yada. Fact of the matter is that IDOCing was pretty much a free ride if you spent enough time to get it down to a science and this is exactly why this is being done. No I hate to break it to you but the joke is definately on YOU!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just blew my coffee out my nose from clicking on that link.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL yes, you "snorked"! I don't know how wide-spread the use of the term is, but it's a well-known occurence on at least one board I know of.

*snork!*

G

<blockquote><hr>

WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION YET!!! Guys relax! Be patient! WAIT until we have ALL the information before you start complaining okay???

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no reason we shouldn't have had the changes detailed as soon as they were written down to be implemented. Now we are theoretically a week away from when they go live and we still don't know what is going to be done.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no reason we shouldn't have had the changes detailed as soon as they were written down to be implemented. Now we are theoretically a week away from when they go live and we still don't know what is going to be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we know?
Ill give you one good reason.

A last minute change that causes someone to bust a vessel because they released the changes prematurely and made a change last minute.

As far as I see it.
Scripting as it was is done. BRAVO!

I dont believe you can stop scripters. In fact that is a waste of energy. That is trying to stop them completely 100%. Do what they are doing? Make is painfully hard and more trouble then its worth to script... while giving a typical player a more even playing field.

BRAVO!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The account-bound area only covers the original size of the house (including borders and room for stairs). If two neighbors both demolish and one tries to place on top of another’s, it won’t work. They can only place on top of their original area and any free space next to it.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, there’s more to it. The temporary no-place area for IDOCs is part of a package of fixes, including making item looting less exploitable.

G

So what if you own a house, and your brother owns the one next door, and you both decide to drop them, to place one large one, how would you get this to work? or would you have to wait a while?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as this JC...well they've said it a million times in the past. IF they tell us every last minute detail about these fixes NOW, it gives the idiot scriptors a chance to work around it....by NOT telling us until it's about to be released gives the cheaters LESS time to find a work around for it. Granted they still might, but I have faith in this *skeleton crew*. They have seen this housing exploit for years, and have been quietly gathering information.....now the time to come in for the kill is here.

This array of fixes for this very old and VERY annoying exploit might not be ALL that's needed to stop this, but I'm sure it's going to put a very LARGE dent in the scriptors *income*.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say there's an excellent reason. You don't tip off the cheaters ahead of time to how you're going to fix their exploits. Especially if you're hoping to catch one or two of them with the fix.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The account-bound area only covers the original size of the house (including borders and room for stairs). If two neighbors both demolish and one tries to place on top of another’s, it won’t work. They can only place on top of their original area and any free space next to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This right here is exactly why this should have been detailed a month ago. How are we supposed to replace castles when you have up to 4 houses being demolished at the same time? House placers are always combing 2 or more plots into larger buildings. This change is going to mess everything up.

Waiting out the timer would not only let other people have a chance at stealing your spot, but if they know which house was demolished first then they can place before the other timers decay, blocking and extorting you into paying what they want.