AFKer's in stores!! >:-{

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Okay. I'm sure that at least 75% of us here are tired of going into a store looking for something only to find them AFK. Things are SOOO hard to come by now a days especially since you can't even buy most of the stuff in the catalog in a pinch even if you wanted to since the catalogs half empty! You can't even ask them if they happen to have a certain item...and if thats not bad enough, they have to bring in all of their free accts and hide the visitors too! Personally, I've HAD IT...and now that I've vented I have a confession to make and maybe if some readers follow my lead the store AFKER's will cease. Here's my confession...I got so fed up that I started running around clicking on seek every time I found a place FULL of afker's that were online for like 6 days straight. Once they are all out of hiding...buh bye. Thanks for your help. Hope you don't die too painfully! <muah, ha ha ha ha>
Ok. I feel better now! I just can't show my face in any stores now!

I

imported_Danny Dots

hahaha I know it's annoying but there is nothing we can do about. We need stores and running a store is boring half of the time so the owners are more than likely to be AFK. I think there was a design idea to be able to keep your store open without physically being on the lot. I think that would solve the problem because than store owners don't have to worry about keeping their store open and can freely play the game. In theory it would be easier to get someone to help you because instead of being afk sitting at their lot they would be off playing the game somewhere.

G

Hows, this for starters. EA can take the Hide and seek feature out of game. Will this stop some AFker's store's?

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Hows, this for starters. EA can take the Hide and seek feature out of game. Will this stop some AFker's store's?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't, before hide and seek, AFKers in stores were just as bad. They would either come back to green or run a botting program.

I

independent117

afkers are just fine, the thing is im a store owner and when i go afk its because i have alreayd put out all the items im selling and i dont have eaither the money to restock that day or im at limit. so even if you were to IM me...hun theres nothing i can do abt it lol

and with the way that money is now ....you cant ask us to restock....UNLESS YOU HAVE 39K TO BUY ONE OBJECTS rofl ..we have higher prices now lol

I

imported_rpsky3

I so agree! We (my roomie and I) have our store from BF! WOOT! we are not afk, why? because we despise AFKers!!! anyways, we can not open just yet, we need to find out what to sell.. we were so shocked to see the prices to stock things.. like jam tables.. omg, 12k+!!! and that is ea!! but we are now going to be in BF.. just bear with us. Yes, you may find a few of our other sims there, but they dont hide! but they do need to do something about afk in the stores. it really is out of hand!

G

glass_angel

give them reasons not to be afk!! and give the NON afk ones incentive to stay open!!! get rid of the top 100 list even if just for the stores......
not going through whole idea on sub-categories...if you are interested in a different way my idea was posted over on the EA LAND GOING INTO DEPRESSION link

so tired of non afk stores getting bad rap for afk ones....and tired if not afk not getting a second lok because you are #98 or cant even make it on the list

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL I like it..

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I kind of like AFK stores too... I can go in, scan the inventory, leave asap, go to the next place haha

... BUT if you need help with cards it is very frustrating. It is almost as if they go slow so that you are boosting their hours as much as possible... very possible haha

AND... I don't pay attention to the ranking on the list when I am shopping... many of the higher ranked stores don't have much inventory! It's the newer stores so I usually go right to the middle-bottom. (Ex: I always run to Zeneau for her white tulips and she is not #1)

I

imported_Trudymac

I thought I read on these forums not too long ago, that the dev's plan is to allow store owners to be afk anyway.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

I thought I read on these forums not too long ago, that the dev's plan is to allow store owners to be afk anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go, i mean you ppl start with the store owners then soon its gonna be like skilling houses then money house, its like you dont know there reason for being afk. most of these ppl have kids and have a RL they also have to attend to : )

they do come back on and ....ok heres the sollution ALL STORE OWNERS STOCK UNTIL YOU HIT LIMIT AND EVERYONE AND A WHILE ADD MORE SO IT HIT LIMIT AGAIN LOL....but other than that ..why do they need to be afk. the point of a shop is to, get in there get what you need and get out lol. thats what i do. and if you want something then 1 come back when there not afk 2 wait 3 going to have to go somewhere else. im sure they dont mind.they get a long of ppl anyways.

M

MandiK

It is pretty unfair, in my opinion, that they practically took the catalog away from those of us who do not run stores, but yet have not made a store we can access at any time we need something. I was looking for a small pet food bowl one day, I hit SO many stores and no one was around to help at any of them. I just couldnt let my pet out until I went searching a few days later and finally found one. It does suck.

H

HoTDeViL

i was in my store teaching my friend cooking for about 4 hours before maintenance.
in all this time i got 2 customers beside many free players making a mess in my house and not talking to us.
this is the other side of being a store owner and a reason why many are afk

F

forsure01

There is always someone who wants to complain about afk stores or complain that they are #98. If you are #98 on the list of stores than you have been on serving the public for a whole 3 hrs and 18 min. I happen to own a store, why do I hide? Well for starters I don't have to green my sim, I don't have to hope that one of my clients may give me a song.
Our store is open every morning at 5:30 am. We are there 12 to 14 hrs a day. Did you ever stop to think that maybe we are afk because we wanted a shower or to eat or had to pee. I say HI to everyone I can. I can't even begin to count how many people we have helped to complete there lava game, we did not charge for cards but did it because we love to help. I get tired of having people think that they can do better when they don't own a store. There will always be people who have a opinion and have no real knowledge of what they are talking about. Give it a rest and get over it.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

There is always someone who wants to complain about afk stores or complain that they are #98. If you are #98 on the list of stores than you have been on serving the public for a whole 3 hrs and 18 min. I happen to own a store, why do I hide? Well for starters I don't have to green my sim, I don't have to hope that one of my clients may give me a song.
Our store is open every morning at 5:30 am. We are there 12 to 14 hrs a day. Did you ever stop to think that maybe we are afk because we wanted a shower or to eat or had to pee. I say HI to everyone I can. I can't even begin to count how many people we have helped to complete there lava game, we did not charge for cards but did it because we love to help. I get tired of having people think that they can do better when they don't own a store. There will always be people who have a opinion and have no real knowledge of what they are talking about. Give it a rest and get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah LETS GIVE HIM SOME RESPECT THAT WAS WELL SPOKEN. : ) HES RIGHT JUST BECASUE WE ARE AFK DOESNT MEAN WE DOTN REALLY CARE OR TRY TO HELP OUT ONE ANOTHER. THERE ARE PLENTY OF AFK MONEY HOSUES AND AFK SKILLING HOUES AND EVEN AFK WELCOME HOUES. BUT THATS NOT THE POINT ITS THE FACT TAHT THEY ARE THERE EVERY DANG DAY TO SAY WELCOME AND COME AGAIN. THEY ARE THERE EVERDAY TO SHOW YOU THAT WE REALLY MEAN BUSINESS. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY. THIS GAME IS ABOUT FUN.......F U N PPL .....NOW COME ON : ) LETS START HAVING SOME FUN AND STOP WITH ALL THAT HATING LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't, before hide and seek, AFKers in stores were just as bad. They would either come back to green or run a botting program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just die and find a shaman the next morning. I can't begin to count the number of dead roomies and owners I reported for that.....3 AM and they are there dead for over an hour and the CSRs that read the reports very seldom even booted them out of the game. Pathetic. Until EA starts enforcing its own ToS across the board when it comes to circumventing the timeout feature there's not alot that those of us who are disgusted with it can do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

afkers are just fine, the thing is im a store owner and when i go afk its because i have alreayd put out all the items im selling and i dont have eaither the money to restock that day or im at limit. so even if you were to IM me...hun theres nothing i can do abt it lol

and with the way that money is now ....you cant ask us to restock....UNLESS YOU HAVE 39K TO BUY ONE OBJECTS rofl ..we have higher prices now lol

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so you can't restock items...that much I can understand but that still does not going extended afk and circumventing the timeout feature.....and if you're just going afk for 14 minutes and then coming back to hit "I'm back" then chat history has a record of each and every sim that enters and exits whether they say anything or not. To avoid having the reputation of being an extended afk'er you could IM those sims and apologize for being afk and ask if there's anything that they need that they could not get. If you can't get it at your store maybe you could develop a network of places that refer customers to each other when somebody needs something that you don't have and you can't restock it.....as in "No, I don't have this, but hey 'soandsos store' is a good friend of mine, check with them, I bet they have it." That's what I would do if I were running a public store. But saying you afk all the time just because you can't restock isn't justification, IMO.

S

Sinfully Sweet

Well looks to me that you cant please everyone all the time ... yes im a store owner and yes I go afk on and off I have a baby and well hello im human so i do have to run to the potty its at that moment that some one will come in and ask for something trust me I could be a my store all day and no one would ask me for anything and im lucky to get a hello back but as soon as I go pee thats it I have someone asking for all kinds of stuff and HELLO have u seen the prices ya ok ill go right ahead buy a sink for 17k and sell it to you for 200 think ppl as of now whats out is whats out we cant stock with these crazy prices .. and sometimes I just dont feel like awnsering your IM but trust me we are not always afk so next time your in a store and no one says hi back to you ..think maybe they had to go pee ....:))))

I

independent117

um actually it is, its our right to be afk as a owner and as a sim lol greg even allowed us to be. so wahts the big deal lol and as long as the house is stocked with all different kinds of items for you too choose from, there should be no problem. when it comes to food. i'd put 3 buffect tables out for ya. but i know not everyone does that. but at the same time i have been to skilling places where i run into that issue too. when you go to a shop you in there to get that item (items) and your out. should take 25mins lol . you can do what everyone else does, hide. they made that for a reason. and they could have taken it away but didnt MUST HAVE BEEN FOR A REASON

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

um actually it is, its our right to be afk as a owner and as a sim lol greg even allowed us to be. so wahts the big deal lol and as long as the house is stocked with all different kinds of items for you too choose from, there should be no problem. when it comes to food. i'd put 3 buffect tables out for ya. but i know not everyone does that. but at the same time i have been to skilling places where i run into that issue too. when you go to a shop you in there to get that item (items) and your out. should take 25mins lol . you can do what everyone else does, hide. they made that for a reason. and they could have taken it away but didnt MUST HAVE BEEN FOR A REASON

[/ QUOTE ]

that was awsome lol and so true ..we are human lol give us a break lol

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you run a few accounts at your store to keep up the hours correct?

I

independent117

me? no my BF sim just came here but when im talking im talking about when i was in BF doing my shop. i havent opened it back up tho lol. i dont relaly care abt the hours...it doesnt really .....matter to me lol i also run 2 other places so im running those sims while doing this lol

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

me? no my BF sim just came here but when im talking im talking about when i was in BF doing my shop. i havent opened it back up tho lol. i dont relaly care abt the hours...it doesnt really .....matter to me lol i also run 2 other places so im running those sims while doing this lol

[/ QUOTE ]

1 computer I assume?..while afk?

I

independent117

back in the day i didnt have other accounts now i do. but when im talking about being afk im talking about when i had a sim in BF doing a shop. but yes i would be afk with one computer lol

not sure what you were asking , did i say it right

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

back in the day i didnt have other accounts now i do. but when im talking about being afk im talking about when i had a sim in BF doing a shop. but yes i would be afk with one computer lol

not sure what you were asking , did i say it right

[/ QUOTE ]

I was asking if you run your multiple accounts (now) on the one computer which you do afk with...and I'm just curious is all

G

perhaps store owners should constantly complain about how rude the customers can be? most days over half of the customers will never even respond to a hi, i have them that come in over and over and have never responded when i talk to them, until they need something from me that is. But if they do need something, id better be there for them, no matter what lol i have even been accused of lying to them about price quotes lol and its very true that nobody will come in needing help until you take that much needed potty break...so your afk for 5 min, and all of a sudden your an afk store, even though your there 95% of the time! Store Owners are people too!! Give us some respect and we will do the same for you!

I

independent117

OH i see, sorry i was kinda out of it right there lol

um well im kinda afk on all of them becasue im on this site LMAO lol
at this moment becasue im on the site i have just one on ..i logged the other one off lol : ) but the one im on she is afk because im on here haha

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

perhaps store owners should constantly complain about how rude the customers can be? most days over half of the customers will never even respond to a hi, i have them that come in over and over and have never responded when i talk to them, until they need something from me that is. But if they do need something, id better be there for them, no matter what lol i have even been accused of lying to them about price quotes lol and its very true that nobody will come in needing help until you take that much needed potty break...so your afk for 5 min, and all of a sudden your an afk store, even though your there 95% of the time! Store Owners are people too!! Give us some respect and we will do the same for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally x'd out of my game back in the day when I took a 'rl greening' moment. I do remember those guests that wouldn't even give a hi when I welcomed them to my store, so those ones I do agree were/are annoying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well looks to me that you cant please everyone all the time ... yes im a store owner and yes I go afk on and off I have a baby and well hello im human so i do have to run to the potty its at that moment that some one will come in and ask for something trust me I could be a my store all day and no one would ask me for anything and im lucky to get a hello back but as soon as I go pee thats it I have someone asking for all kinds of stuff and HELLO have u seen the prices ya ok ill go right ahead buy a sink for 17k and sell it to you for 200 think ppl as of now whats out is whats out we cant stock with these crazy prices .. and sometimes I just dont feel like awnsering your IM but trust me we are not always afk so next time your in a store and no one says hi back to you ..think maybe they had to go pee ....:))))

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL.

Sounds like you have *my* luck.
That's ok, don't send it back, you can keep it.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally x'd out of my game back in the day when I took a 'rl greening' moment. I do remember those guests that wouldn't even give a hi when I welcomed them to my store, so those ones I do agree were/are annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

you say you x'd out the game, well if we did that it would turn into why did you leave and kick me out and you cant always wait for them to leave. Some of those ppl just hide and they dont leave lol

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

ok so hun if there kid is crying should we tell them " just a min , ppl hate it when we are afk. aww i know you need a changing but these ppl NEED us" lol no your not gonan do that. and thats what most of us are doing. like i got kicked out of a house because i was afk. why was i afk. becasue my mother just died and i had to phone all my family and tell them. but did they care....no they jsut said oh well you didnt say thank you when i sang to you so your on my banned list...

well thats not a big deal...hmnm family vs saying thanks lol..family. i say thanks and all that but if im afk.....IM AFK lol

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know your going to override the time out feature, wheres the harm in the x button to close the game and get your 'busy life' undercontrol for the little while?

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

you say you x'd out the game, well if we did that it would turn into why did you leave and kick me out and you cant always wait for them to leave. Some of those ppl just hide and they dont leave lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Take the minute or two to message who ever is on the lot to let them know you have to close for a bit for family/other reasons...I don't see issues from doing that because its happened to myself countless times-and I'm sure plenty of other people.

T

tune71

This conversation has been going on for a long time on these boards. I think that maybe all the stores should close for a day, go skill, make some money and hang out with the other people. Then maybe people would understand that we leave the store open for YOU! So that you can shop and find what you need, some stores won't have what you want.. How about stores have a restock date just like in rl. If something is not in the store you can request that it be stocked on the next restock day. Or you could just go look at another store!
I don't understand how or why people feel they should tell others how to play. Running a store can be very boring, but if no one did it we would all have a even bigger issue. Hope I'm not stirring anyone up with my 3rd or 4th post here ever, lol
I just feel that it is unfair to tell people how to play the game, or be upset over someone not saying hi to you. Stores usually specialize in something, if it is a catalog store, then yes they should be there to help you with things in the catalog or at least get back to you, but we can't expect everyone to do this. Just because they have access to the catalog, doesn't mean that they have to cater to everyone who asks for something. We all have the option to own a store.

G

The store owners cant afford to restock from the catalog!

Why should they be at the keyboard (ATK)? What they have for sale is out.

T

tune71

very true..
I saw the catalog today and was shocked.
I personally like going to a store and looking without talking to anyone.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

very true..
I saw the catalog today and was shocked.
I personally like going to a store and looking without talking to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you lol so do i and thats kinda the way i make my store. if you want something go ahead and IM me
but other then that i'll let you be on your marry way lol.

we keep the thing on the keybored so we dont time out on you right as you decided between the jamming table or the cute outfit lol

I

independent117

I THINK BECAUSE OF ALL THIS HATING ON SHOPPING HOUSES BECAUSE THERE AFKERS I THINK WE ALL SHOPPING HOUSES SHOULD JUST TAKE A DAY OFF AND SEE JUST HOW IMPORTANT WE ARE LOL...AND WE SHOULD JUST GO AND MAKE SOME MONEY AND BE APART OF TSO AND NOT HAVING WAIT ALL ALONE AT OUR HOUSES WHILE YOU GUYS SHOP .

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Please don't type in all caps makes my eyes hurt.

That would just make me loss valuable money for that one day and make everyone angry.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

This conversation has been going on for a long time on these boards. I think that maybe all the stores should close for a day, go skill, make some money and hang out with the other people. Then maybe people would understand that we leave the store open for YOU! So that you can shop and find what you need, some stores won't have what you want.. How about stores have a restock date just like in rl. If something is not in the store you can request that it be stocked on the next restock day. Or you could just go look at another store!
I don't understand how or why people feel they should tell others how to play. Running a store can be very boring, but if no one did it we would all have a even bigger issue. Hope I'm not stirring anyone up with my 3rd or 4th post here ever, lol
I just feel that it is unfair to tell people how to play the game, or be upset over someone not saying hi to you. Stores usually specialize in something, if it is a catalog store, then yes they should be there to help you with things in the catalog or at least get back to you, but we can't expect everyone to do this. Just because they have access to the catalog, doesn't mean that they have to cater to everyone who asks for something. We all have the option to own a store.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG thats the best idea ever! we store owner should really go to skill and chill all for just 1 day. or set our houses on admit list only so friends still can come in.

if you ever agree for a day count me in!

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG thats the best idea ever! we store owner should really go to skill and chill all for just 1 day. or set our houses on admit list only so friends still can come in.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok lets do that

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok lets do that

[/ QUOTE ]

haha good luck with that.

All you will end up doing honestly is the higher top stores (if they ever got the guts to not be open) would give the lower list ppl the opportunity to rise. They'll be on that like white on rice.

C

calvinscreeksim

actually I would love to see it happen, everyone in stores just go skill for the day or make money doing jams. Seeing the top stores having a conniption would be worth it lol

edited: forgot an 'n'

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok lets do that

[/ QUOTE ]

All you will end up doing honestly is the higher top stores (if they ever got the guts to not be open) would give the lower list ppl the opportunity to rise. They'll be on that like white on rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

and thats a bad thing? rofl. look at it as a um free pass or as a chance to noticed. even ppl who own this site are saying they have been on for weeks at a time still cant get on the charts. somethign is wrong with the list. so that will give them a chance to be noticed : ) lets try to be fair ..i know its hard lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok lets do that

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and thats a bad thing? rofl. look at it as a um free pass or as a chance to noticed. even ppl who own this site are saying they have been on for weeks at a time still cant get on the charts. somethign is wrong with the list. so that will give them a chance to be noticed : ) lets try to be fair ..i know its hard lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't be a bad thing at all... it would just be moot for the owners shutting down to prove a point.

Unless I miss the point.

Its Saturday and I'm tipsy.

I

independent117

lol no i mean what as in, what did you say. i cant understand what you just said abt the moote to make a point......

I

independent117

well i still think we should pick a certain date and all shops should spend half other day open and then the rest of the day spending doing what WE wanna do. because apearently we shopping owners just seem to be afkers and they cant deal with it so im thinking .....ok well lets just not be open ...we want respect or no sales lol

S

Sinfully Sweet

OMG i am sooooooo in on closing for a day Im so tired of ppl complaining if I don't awnser there IM's fast enough...

Store owners unite ...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.