AFKer's in stores!! >:-{

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

OMG i am sooooooo in on closing for a day Im so tired of ppl complaining if I don't awnser there IM's fast enough...

Store owners unite ...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

heck yeah you should read my other thread called EA-LAND GOING INTO DEPRESSION. it kinda links with this topic in a way lol

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

i was in my store teaching my friend cooking for about 4 hours before maintenance.
in all this time i got 2 customers beside many free players making a mess in my house and not talking to us.
this is the other side of being a store owner and a reason why many are afk

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with me. The biggest gripe I have is I sell crafts for the most part and that's what I am stocked with so I get a customer that comes in and ask how much this or that is, I look at the catalog price and since I don't already own any I have to pay top dollar, then I tell the customer the price just for them to rudely say " OMG, that's outrageous, your way too high ". I'd much rather leave that sim AFK when it's basically self-serve and have my other sim a a money house jamming, painting or whatever to keep from being bored.

I

independent117

yeah and thats the biggest problem, is half of the ppl dont know that the catalog is so high yet so they poof before we can try and explain whats going on lol.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

perhaps store owners should constantly complain about how rude the customers can be? most days over half of the customers will never even respond to a hi, i have them that come in over and over and have never responded when i talk to them, until they need something from me that is. But if they do need something, id better be there for them, no matter what lol i have even been accused of lying to them about price quotes lol and its very true that nobody will come in needing help until you take that much needed potty break...so your afk for 5 min, and all of a sudden your an afk store, even though your there 95% of the time! Store Owners are people too!! Give us some respect and we will do the same for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally x'd out of my game back in the day when I took a 'rl greening' moment. I do remember those guests that wouldn't even give a hi when I welcomed them to my store, so those ones I do agree were/are annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people truly amaze me. You turn the game off to go green your person , you said before in another post that you never take the last cup of coffee. For a person that is so respectable to others, then answer me this, why didn't you NOT beat around the bush and just ask Independent if she cheats because you sure as heck insinuated it. I have and always will be AFK at my store when the need calls or if I want to bring in another sim to make jams, jellies, pizza or hamburgers. I don't much care what you or anyone else thinks of me nor do I care if you by-pass my store. I hope you do because from the opinions that i've read in this thread, the meanest and rudest have come from the people who don't like us AFKer's. I do not like to chat or socialize in my store, it is self serve so how much help does anybody need with that??? I refuse to buy from the catalog or even give a price to the holier than tho's since all they do is say " that's outrageous, your prices are way too high" and then they leave without so much as a goodbye, ciao, or KMB. I don't care how you play your game and again, I could care less if you dislike me being AFK. BTW, I think your phone is ringing, maybe you better log off so you can go answer it.

I

independent117

personally x'd out of my game back in the day when I took a 'rl greening' moment. I do remember those guests that wouldn't even give a hi when I welcomed them to my store, so those ones I do agree were/are annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people truly amaze me. You turn the game off to go green your person , you said before in another post that you never take the last cup of coffee. For a person that is so respectable to others, then answer me this, why didn't you NOT beat around the bush and just ask Independent if she cheats because you sure as heck insinuated it. I have and always will be AFK at my store when the need calls or if I want to bring in another sim to make jams, jellies, pizza or hamburgers. I don't much care what you or anyone else thinks of me nor do I care if you by-pass my store. I hope you do because from the opinions that i've read in this thread, the meanest and rudest have come from the people who don't like us AFKer's. I do not like to chat or socialize in my store, it is self serve so how much help does anybody need with that??? I refuse to buy from the catalog or even give a price to the holier than tho's since all they do is say " that's outrageous, your prices are way too high" and then they leave without so much as a goodbye, ciao, or KMB. I don't care how you play your game and again, I could care less if you dislike me being AFK. BTW, I think your phone is ringing, maybe you better log off so you can go answer it.

[/ QUOTE ]

( BOWS DOWN WITH SMILE) OMG THATS THE BEST THING I'VE HERED SO FAR..AND YOUR RIGHT ABT EVERY WORD OF IT.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This conversation has been going on for a long time on these boards. I think that maybe all the stores should close for a day, go skill, make some money and hang out with the other people. Then maybe people would understand that we leave the store open for YOU! So that you can shop and find what you need, some stores won't have what you want.. How about stores have a restock date just like in rl. If something is not in the store you can request that it be stocked on the next restock day. Or you could just go look at another store!
I don't understand how or why people feel they should tell others how to play. Running a store can be very boring, but if no one did it we would all have a even bigger issue. Hope I'm not stirring anyone up with my 3rd or 4th post here ever, lol
I just feel that it is unfair to tell people how to play the game, or be upset over someone not saying hi to you. Stores usually specialize in something, if it is a catalog store, then yes they should be there to help you with things in the catalog or at least get back to you, but we can't expect everyone to do this. Just because they have access to the catalog, doesn't mean that they have to cater to everyone who asks for something. We all have the option to own a store.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG thats the best idea ever! we store owner should really go to skill and chill all for just 1 day. or set our houses on admit list only so friends still can come in.

if you ever agree for a day count me in!

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe then they wont be bashing on the afkers huh

G

I'm always running stores in this game.

I don't like afk stores / rude stores / stores that don't care about helping out / stores that have 10 afk hidden sims / people that switch the computer on in the morning, hide afk, rig the computer and then go to work in rl.

I guess every store owner can play the game anyway they wish to, as long as it isn't in violation with the game rules. It's just not the way I play it.
We've had such great times with our customers in the past and really had a fun time helping people out.

I will try to recreate that again even though it's difficult now that almost all old friends have left the game.

I

independent117

i dotn try to stay on ALL day. BUT IM NOT ABT TO SIT AROUND AND DO NOTHING. most ppl that come in dont talk to you, its just not really worth keeping your sim skilling orwhatever. tso ppl have known abt this for A LONG TIME, they havent taken it out for a reason. they must not think of it as a big issue. i mean the afk part not the always being on to the point where other ppl cant get on the list. that part im am NOT talking abt lol

G

In reply to the original post:

<font color="green">It would be fun to have a "AFK store swat team" contest.</font>

<font color="green">Start a little game:</font>
The group of contestants go around town and visit stores, all in the same store at any given time. The person who finds the most amount of hiding store sims in 2 hours, gets 1000 simoleons as a reward.

Muhaha

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="green">It would be fun to have a "AFK store swat team" contest.</font>

The group of contestants go around town and visit stores, all in the same store at any given time. The person who finds the most amount of hiding store sims in 2 hours, gets 1000 simoleons as a reward.
Muhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds funny but no because if they are afk then you might take the chance of kiling them. because sometimes i hide when im REALLY lowred and then when i close i jsut sign off. saves me some food so the guests can eat lol

G

I sometimes wonder if they took the catalog away and jacked up all of the prices just to encourage us to use the CC feature. Other competetive games such as Second Life are based solely on not much more then CC and peoples creativity.

G

I Do NOT run a store.... Just wanted to get that out first...

Theres good and bad and usually theres a good reason for both ....

think about this yourself....
You are running a store and you might get 3 people in a RL hour and your social runs out.... hmmm what do you do.... 3 answers here... #1 go hide before that ever happens... #2 buy a pet.... #3 spend an extra 10.00 a month to have another account so you could have 2 people on your lot.... now that you've thought about it what would be the cheapest thing to do and still keep the store open....
I think the store Owner/Roomate has the most boring part of this whole game... you sit there and wait for people to come to your place and hope they buy something from you....as a skill lot you usually dont have that problem nor do you with a money lot... lol... the greeting lots i think those people have more fun than a store lot...
So my point here why complain if you see something you want buy it... they put it out there for you too buy...

G

I guess I just don't see the concept in "playing" a game then. My definition of playing a game is that you sit down and "PLAY" a game to escape the rl, have fun, kill time, relieve stress..etc. I dont understand the point in logging into a game that we pay for everyday and then just walk away. I'm not referring to the occasional afk when rl calls. I think we all do that, me included. I am referring to being AFK for days at a time and bringing in multiple accounts when you do so. I'm just not getting the logic in this. I DO understand that things in game have changed drastically. I've owned a gazillion stores myself. I just find it frustrating to want to ask a question such as "can you get XYZ.." the other day I went to over 20 stores looking for a telemarketing machine..I finally found one after the non afk owner told me she did have one left. They are very small and hard to find/see as are dog dishes. They may have it and we may just not be able to see it amongst the piles of objects..as well as the items in the owners/roomies inventory and I am ALWAYS polite to everyone, even when they don't say hi, bye, or KMB. That's just me

G

i agree with you there.... if the store is open someone should be there too reply... or atleast try and reply.... they might have had too step away for a minute or so but not every 15 minutes

S

swissmoonbeam

Actually, that's about how my money lot and skill lot are since EAland opened! maybe 1 or 2 ppl in an hour....should I go AFK too???

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, that's about how my money lot and skill lot are since EAland opened! maybe 1 or 2 ppl in an hour....should I go AFK too???

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wanted too, it's up to you but a store isn't obligated to provide greening since the guests usually don't stay for no more than a minute or 2. If the store owner or roomie is AFK, does that stop you from purchasing something they have that you may want? If they don't answer you then it's obvious they don't have it or won't have it and will not buy from the catalog.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I don't have a problem with the store owner/roomie being AFK and hiding. It is boring, I would assume, and as long as they have a good selection out... I don't mind. We benefit from stores being open, period. If they miss out on some IMs for special orders and what not-that is really their loss. What I DO have a problem with is store owners sticking the extra account sims on their lot, just to get visitor hours. That is not right. I do not purchase items from those lots. Sadly, finding lots that don't do this is difficult.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

um actually it is, its our right to be afk as a owner and as a sim lol greg even allowed us to be. so wahts the big deal lol and as long as the house is stocked with all different kinds of items for you too choose from, there should be no problem. when it comes to food. i'd put 3 buffect tables out for ya. but i know not everyone does that. but at the same time i have been to skilling places where i run into that issue too. when you go to a shop you in there to get that item (items) and your out. should take 25mins lol . you can do what everyone else does, hide. they made that for a reason. and they could have taken it away but didnt MUST HAVE BEEN FOR A REASON

[/ QUOTE ]

that was awsome lol and so true ..we are human lol give us a break lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you reply to yourself?

G

My store is not away keys unless I get coffee or real life green. I do not know if I can say this but my in game name is AnnieKins. I am a skinner. I teach people how to do it. I direct people to the right info and then they go to a bigger ranking store to get skinning materials cheaper. It's an information store. This does not make money so most of my time in game is running 2 sims. One making money and 1 at the store. I sell real art to hang on your sim walls. I brought my real life passion to the game. More to come as soon as I make enough money to create the cc. Come browse ask questions. That's my store. If we do not have it and I have the cash to place it I will do so. But people have got to ask. Half of the sims that come into my store do not even say hi even though they are
greeted. Hey guys it goes both ways.

G

I says we go around, find AFK stores, and Seek everywhere, and then leave, without saying anything. Then, nothing shows up but normal shoppers or looker-arounders.

Repeat. XD

That's a good incentive, to not murder your sims.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I will exit to 'rl green' whats wrong with that, I don't feel like overriding the time-out feature *shrugs*. As for my comments about not being blantantly open about asking about them cheating, oh well...if I insinuate then I insinuate. I used to 'hate' on the overriding afkers a bit more, until I basically quit the game for a while because I didn't care, now that I have logged back in and see that the continuous afk overriders still lurk and theres nothing more I can do that sigh and shrug my shoulders at the fact that its very important to some to attain high status egos, in a game. But hey to each his own right? Oh and I text most of the time so no need to log off until I am bored, going to eat, clean the house, do errands, or go to bed so yeah those real life happenings get me off...I take it you don't exit when those things pop up though.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I will exit to 'rl green' whats wrong with that, I don't feel like overriding the time-out feature *shrugs*. As for my comments about not being blantantly open about asking about them cheating, oh well...if I insinuate then I insinuate. I used to 'hate' on the overriding afkers a bit more, until I basically quit the game for a while because I didn't care, now that I have logged back in and see that the continuous afk overriders still lurk and theres nothing more I can do that sigh and shrug my shoulders at the fact that its very important to some to attain high status egos, in a game. But hey to each his own right? Oh and I text most of the time so no need to log off until I am bored, going to eat, clean the house, do errands, or go to bed so yeah those real life happenings get me off...I take it you don't exit when those things pop up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can insinuate what ever you want. I play 3 sims most of the time and I have 2 of them making jams or painting while my store sim sits hidden and AFK. Its not cheating no matter what you say about it. You just don't like it and you have a right to your opinion, but that doesn't make it right. We all pay our subcriptions and as long as i'm not hurting anyone or breaking any rules I fine with what I do. Remember you have the choice to shop wherever you want and I promise you I won't miss your business.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

You can insinuate what ever you want. I play 3 sims most of the time and I have 2 of them making jams or painting while my store sim sits hidden and AFK. Its not cheating no matter what you say about it. You just don't like it and you have a right to your opinion, but that doesn't make it right. We all pay our subcriptions and as long as i'm not hurting anyone or breaking any rules I fine with what I do. Remember you have the choice to shop wherever you want and I promise you I won't miss your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care how many sims you run in the background while doing your jams on other sims. It's the afk, while walking away for hours overriding the feature that I am not fond of. I don't buy peoples items anyway because I have my own store, which I do not keep open often because theres nothing I am trying to get to in the game other than the few minutes of passing the time before I go and log off lol. Seeing your cc is no more important than the same stuff that is around, so even if I did end up at a store I wouldn't know if it was yours or not because of the multitude of already afk stores with the same type of cc lined up for sale, so you just blend in I guess

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care how many sims you run in the background while doing your jams on other sims. It's the afk, while walking away for hours overriding the feature that I am not fond of. I don't buy peoples items anyway because I have my own store, which I do not keep open often because theres nothing I am trying to get to in the game other than the few minutes of passing the time before I go and log off lol. Seeing your cc is no more important than the same stuff that is around, so even if I did end up at a store I wouldn't know if it was yours or not because of the multitude of already afk stores with the same type of cc lined up for sale, so you just blend in I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.. I don't overide the feature. I click back to the store every few minutes and your right, I blend right in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Muhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLL I love it! And with payouts as low as they are you might even get sims in on it that wouldn't normally participate in contests at all, or don't usually literally 'seek' the cheaters. I like it, and if you do anything like this in TC3 PM me your sim name and I'll contact you in game, not to participate in the contest but heck to help you fund the prizes!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Muhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds funny but no because if they are afk then you might take the chance of kiling them. because sometimes i hide when im REALLY lowred and then when i close i jsut sign off. saves me some food so the guests can eat lol

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are circumventing the timeout then I can't say I have alot of sympathy for them if they get sought and have to find a shaman because their sim dies as a result. Maybe if they stay afk so long that they die and their skills deteriorate way down, they'll use that as an incentive to not violate the ToS in the future, or at least to green before they hide so that they have a better chance of returning in time after they are sought to save themselves from death, since it takes 5-6 RL hours to die of sim starvation.

H

HunnyBunny

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Muhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLL I love it! And with payouts as low as they are you might even get sims in on it that wouldn't normally participate in contests at all, or don't usually literally 'seek' the cheaters. I like it, and if you do anything like this in TC3 PM me your sim name and I'll contact you in game, not to participate in the contest but heck to help you fund the prizes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please come and seek me all you want! Stay an hour! I like the visitor hours. I am usually there but I see no need to greet people who dont even say hello back. And just because some of us appear afk and overriding the time-out does not necessarily make it so. I dare you to seek me! Come on! Bring all your friends too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.. I don't overide the feature. I click back to the store every few minutes and your right, I blend right in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm HELLO its been said at least a dozen times in this thread and the other one that the same OP started that the AFK'ers that we have a problem with are the OVERRIDING TIMEOUT ones that break the ToS. In your situation you check back in plenty of time to send sims that you miss an IM asking them if they needed anything that you weren't there to help them with, so you are not the ones we're upset about so why are YOU getting upset and thus making yourself look guilty when in fact you are not? You're jumping into an argument and taking heat for something that now apparently has nothing to do with you. Most people do the opposite and try to avoid drama, don't they?

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong? Notice how I said the part of "I don't care how many sims you run in the background"...it means that I know your not overriding obviously since you are clicking to make your jams...but thanks for doing the insinuating

<blockquote><hr>

Yes you do care, if you didn't you wouldn't have thought it necessary to be every bit as nasty as you accuse her and the rest of us who don't like AFK cheaters of being. You want somebody to make a blatant stance that it is cheating? There, I did! I'll admit ccsim is not always the most tactful person in the world, but two wrongs NEVER make a right so her or anybody else's tactlessness does not justify yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't noticed, the manner I say things is deliberate lol. I will 'go around the bush' and mention things that will lead to a person realizing they are cheating and then its
for me for no other purpose other than to make myself have a very very small heh come out. It's not my problem if others don't like it since I'll just keep posting just like they will.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm HELLO its been said at least a dozen times in this thread and the other one that the same OP started that the AFK'ers that we have a problem with are the OVERRIDING TIMEOUT ones that break the ToS. In your situation you check back in plenty of time to send sims that you miss an IM asking them if they needed anything that you weren't there to help them with, so you are not the ones we're upset about so why are YOU getting upset and thus making yourself look guilty when in fact you are not? You're jumping into an argument and taking heat for something that now apparently has nothing to do with you. Most people do the opposite and try to avoid drama, don't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm , your the one who took this off in different direction when you make the comment that I care what ccs had to say. Well yes, I did care that he insinuates that I cheat because I find it hypocritical for anyone to pretend to be so respectful of others and then turn around and call them cheaters. Anyway Carrie, i'm not going to be your sparring partner today so say whatever you may and have a very nice day.

G

Um, you have to look at this from a roomie's point of view.

How interesting is it to sit in an empty lot while people who may or may not talk to you come in to do things that you may or may not profit from, or may or may not even have anyone come in which makes the entire point of you being there pointless?

Yeah, the feelings of hopelessness and pointlessness get to your head after a few... let's say minutes.

I've been in a roomie in a store and I spent most of my time making signatures, learning new languages, trying to balance a pencil on my big toe...

You expect people to be there to pander to your every whim, but you're not willing to consider that maybe they've been waiting on you to come for hours? Would you expect a date to do that? I take it you're the kind of person that would be surprised if they had left by then? It's a TOUGH job that doesn't pay nearly enough

Just leave and go to a store that has someone who can help you. They're keeping the store open in hopes that they have what you want, not to serve you. If they happen to get a phone call or... slip into a coma, it's hardly their "fault".

Just my 2 cents though, take those pennies if you want...

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have a problem with the store owner/roomie being AFK and hiding. It is boring, I would assume, and as long as they have a good selection out... I don't mind. We benefit from stores being open, period. If they miss out on some IMs for special orders and what not-that is really their loss. What I DO have a problem with is store owners sticking the extra account sims on their lot, just to get visitor hours. That is not right. I do not purchase items from those lots. Sadly, finding lots that don't do this is difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

remember what somebody else wont buy, another will. so if there afk, they still wont miss out.= because somebody else will buy that same item from them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm , your the one who took this off in different direction when you make the comment that I care what ccs had to say. Well yes, I did care that he insinuates that I cheat because I find it hypocritical for anyone to pretend to be so respectful of others and then turn around and call them cheaters. Anyway Carrie, i'm not going to be your sparring partner today so say whatever you may and have a very nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not interested in sparring either, so I am glad you're not. Have a good holiday with whomever you choose to spend it with, IG or OOG. A little distance perspective will do us all some good, so maybe this thread has run its natural course for at least a few hours to allow that to happen.

H

hollythor

LOL same confession here, hehe whatever happened to good ol' customer service, eh?

P

PB Three

Yes, prolly the main reason that stores AFK is because: it's boring as heck. I personally don't AFK at mine. I go other places or play the piano at my store when I need to.

Owner, Royal Charvatian Store

King PB Three

G

Ok you people can battle this out all you want. I had my store open all morning. All I had was 2 customers and a whole sling of free players eating my buffett. My store is not away from keys and no one comes. WHO HAS THE PROBLEM! I had to close the store because I ran out of money for the light. I am in the top 100 so come on over. Stop bickering. Everyone runs there store differently. I AM NOT AWAY FROM KEYS! I have 2 reasons..... #1 I skin and sims have questions and I want to answer them. #2 I think that I provide a sevice and I just need to be there to help customers that never say hi and are rude. I still stay there and mind the store because that's what I do. AnnieKins owner of Cazza'sArt-N-Stuff

I

independent117

to solve this problem how abt all afkers that are stores put out a sign that says SELF SERVED like i do and all the ones that wanna be on put out a sign that says NEVER AFK, ASK AWAY..or something like that

just an idea ppl lol

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

actually I would love to see it happen, everyone in stores just go skill for the day or make money doing jams. Seeing the top stores having a conniption would be worth it lol

edited: forgot an 'n'

[/ QUOTE ]

but i agree with this person

G

*Replying to last post*

A warning to this thread

Some of you may notice that a substantial part of this thread has been removed.

Now seems like a good time to remind everyone of the Stratics Rules of Conduct:

<font color="blue"> A. Show respect at all times.
B. Help build the Community.

The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. We encourage people to express their viewpoints and opinions on our message boards. You are welcome to disagree with another poster as long as it is done in a mature and respectful manner. Any post created to intentionally cause a disturbance amongst the message board participants may be subject to closure or removal.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way. </font>

If you find yourself unable to post within these rules, please take a moment to walk away from the keyboard and think about what you are posting before you hit continue.

And a general note to everyone, if a post above yours has been removed and you replied directly to that post or any post following it, your post will also have been removed. Unfortunately this is the way that the forums currently operate.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Polly

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

*Replying to last post*

A warning to this thread

Some of you may notice that a substantial part of this thread has been removed.

Now seems like a good time to remind everyone of the Stratics Rules of Conduct:

<font color="blue"> A. Show respect at all times.
B. Help build the Community.

The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. We encourage people to express their viewpoints and opinions on our message boards. You are welcome to disagree with another poster as long as it is done in a mature and respectful manner. Any post created to intentionally cause a disturbance amongst the message board participants may be subject to closure or removal.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way. </font>

If you find yourself unable to post within these rules, please take a moment to walk away from the keyboard and think about what you are posting before you hit continue.

And a general note to everyone, if a post above yours has been removed and you replied directly to that post or any post following it, your post will also have been removed. Unfortunately this is the way that the forums currently operate.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i didnt noticed anything being removed but then again i only look at the last page ....

T

TrustMeInc

To be AFK you would have to be using a 3rd party program is that Legal?

Maybe EA should go to these shop's and see if they are really there...hmmmm.

G

<blockquote><hr>

To be AFK you would have to be using a 3rd party program is that Legal?

Maybe EA should go to these shop's and see if they are really there...hmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes 3rd party programs are illegal.

From EA's T&amp;C

You will violate the Terms of Service if you (or others using your Account) do any of the following:

[*] Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications.
[*]You may not modify any part of the Service or any Service Web Site that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
[*]You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service.
[*]You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.
[*] You will not attempt to play your EA game on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by Electronic Arts. You will not participate in any online service that provides online features or game play for your EA game that is not authorized by Electronic Arts.

Polly

T

tune71

Just wondering about the 3rd party programs.. Are you saying that stores are using bots? I do not use any programs when i go afk. If you are angered that people are using bots, well then we probably all agree and this long thread has been a big waste of all of our Easter. Now as an old player I do know of other ways of going AFK without timing out, Please someone who knows what I am talking about tell me is that suppose to be illigal as well? It does not include any program or bringing anything into the game.
We obviously need the rules put right out there in english so we can put this to rest once and for all.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Okay, this is my opinion.

Players = Humans
Humans = RL Needs
RL Needs = break from computer
Break from computer = AFK.

Stores in TSO/EA are self serve, if you cant find the item you want go to another store, chances are if there not stocked, the owners/roommates cant afford it or wont stock it!!!!!
Also, running a store is extremely boring so pardon me if I use my other sim to make money, or go to a friends house and switch back screens every 2 min. Or pardon me for reading stratics while waiting for a visitor and a visitor comes in when im posting a reply.

This AFK debate is nonsense....!

T

tune71

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering about the 3rd party programs.. Are you saying that stores are using bots? I do not use any programs when i go afk. If you are angered that people are using bots, well then we probably all agree and this long thread has been a big waste of all of our Easter. Now as an old player I do know of other ways of going AFK without timing out, Please someone who knows what I am talking about tell me is that suppose to be illigal as well? It does not include any program or bringing anything into the game.
We obviously need the rules put right out there in english so we can put this to rest once and for all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am trying to tip toe here so I don't break any rules with my post, but now I am really wanting to know does EA expect us to sit at our computers the whole time we are logged in? Or is this just some players opinions that have got out of hand?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Its the players opinions.

A year or so ago, some one went around AV and BF with a reporting crusade. He reported every store he thought was AFK and even got some people banned or suspended. That guy eventually got so unpopular people reported him when he was AFK lol. He is gone now

Also, there were many posts on stratics saying that going AFK is cheating which it is not.

Yeah, there is a lot of crazy opinions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am definitely not saying that stores use bots. I was simply replying to the question about if 3rd party programs are illegal.

Currently there is a timeout feature in game which means if you are not at your keyboard after 14 minutes of activity your avatar will time out of the game. I have no idea if the Game Masters still follow up on reports of over-riding the time out feature, they probably do as they would be unable to tell if someone is doing this manually or using a 3rd party program.

That said, I believe it is very much the Dev's intentions to change things so that we can have a store open without actually needing to be online and present at the lot. That is not to say the devs will be supporting use of 3rd party programs, it is something they will introduce as normal gameplay.

And on a side note to everyone participating in this discussion, please remember this stratics ROC and remember not to get into too much detail on this subject !

<font color="blue"> H. Posting details of bugs and exploits in such a way that others are able to perform said bug or exploit is prohibited. In addition, documented involvement in activities that prove to be malicious and/or illegal in nature as it concerns the gaming industry as a whole will lead to immediate and permanent banning from the forums.

This includes 3rd party programs or downloads</font>

It is also against the ROC to talk about any direct action to someone's EA account.

Polly

T

TrustMeInc

Ok well will someone tell me how they stay AFK without using a BOT?

Because I always get timed out. Which means they are doing something illegal and is not right!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.