• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

500M+ Gold Contest - Return To West Britain Bank

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gate was opened from West Britain Bank (WBB) just now that led to the MONEY PIT! Thumbs up to Kwisatz Haderach (PS people marked runes there so I wouldnt use it again :p)

I believe in total there were 25M gold!

Great job everyone so far! Last night at prime time there were close to 90 people at the bank!!!!

B

Bismarck4889

I believe a sincere "thanks" should go to Draconi (beautiful work on the banks), Tomas Bryce (Love the flamestrikes!) Vladimir (for putting up with all the insanity) Lady Isis (for donating money to the event).

I loved UO-but left for 3 years, now me and another friend reactivated our accounts and we did find West Brit Bank "dead"............I think this "Contest" is awesome, and people WILL stay after the event is over. All of you have breathed "life" back into WBB and for that I am grateful beyond words.

Oh, and now that our accounts are reactivated-they will stay that way.

It's good to be back.

S

Sweety

Maybe, if this contest brings back people to Brit, other shards will try it

M

Mirage

It's already brought a ton of people back... we need to make em wanna stay now. I think that's gonna be up to them though. Maybe they'll just get a good feeling about WBB again after sitting there for a few weeks.

Dunno.

Mir

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still Dropping Gold Randomly But Ive taken to also hiding Things all around Brit If you would like to donate something for people to find please find me in game =) I've had several donations of things to drop and hide already =)

S

Starlin

Woot!!! This is great fun... man I sure did pick a great time to come back... 3 years off is a long time with out UO! .... *mumbles to self* "Luna Sucks" Rock On BRIT!!!!

B

Bismarck4889

I still say the whole concept just plain rocks. Today I chased someone down with a dead pet to rez it and when I did the "magical" flame hit me without hurting me (I love it)-so one never knows when "big brother" is, indeed, watching.

D

DarkScripture

There is a major issue with your game. UO does not have Unique Naming System. How will you know if you see one char with the same names one day to the next... I think you should take a few min the hide and see some random act of kindness. Then goto fel side and look for ppl dueling in Guilds and drop the reward that day on those players

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if this competition is bringing people back to WBB and it is now the main bank again, it will stick.

People didn't suddenly get up and go to Luna for the sake of it. It was because you couldn't recall into Brit bank for a long period while the invasion was on and because everyone needed somewhere to gather that wasn't affected, Luna was the natural place. Once everyone is gathering in one place, its hard for anyone to change that without considerable effort.

This event seems to be the considerable effort required to get Atlantic back on track, so well done Thomas :)

S

Sweety

Additional Notes
1) It is recommended that you have your guild tag on, if you are in a guild.
2) It is recommended that you make up a random guild and keep your guild tag on, if you are not in a guild.

I've been participating in this contest for the past two days but my character was only a few days old and didn't have enough gold to start a guild. If i put her in a guild now will any points i've gotten so far on her transfer over? *hope that makes sense*

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peeps will stay at brit until I do my own version of the 500+ mil gold contest - Return to Luna Bank Contest!

S

Sweeney

Bribing people to hang out somewhere.. reminds me of kids who bribed other kids to be friends with them.

Hangout spots are made, they aren't paid. Unless you can keep this up for the next 7 years.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you guys are crazy. I don't really care what happens afterward. I was bored and decided to do something bizzare.

You can do a billion gold contest to hang out in Ver Lor Reg for all I care! I been having quite a bit of fun playing around with people these past few days.

To the question asked above: No, I am not transferring points. It is already quite a task without transferring points. On the bright side, there are still quite a few days left.

S

Stratic Fanatic

You can do a billion gold contest to hang out in Ver Lor Reg for all I care!
Actually that sounds fun.....even without the gold :) (And SA is coming out shortly....Gargoyles and such....makes sense)

Or a Wind sit in lol. Id like that. Something that requires more than just AFK. I mean , ya, people are at WBB. But outta 40 people maybe 3 are online to talk/joke/play with me :(

:thumbsup:

And Im not being negative. I never left WBB. Im happy to see everyone ........again finally:)

L

Limlight

I think it would be awesome if you held a contest in an actual dungeon...like the Balron room....

Or on the Island of Despise in fel...lol

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry Tomas :)

if anything, I don't mind sponsoring your events or any legit event out there.

ICQ 179419409

F

Flora Green

I actually want to login today. Sure, it would be great to get some gold (and I've been contemplating moving to Atlantic full time), but it's even better to just see people interested in something.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for lack of updates.

I have processed about 25% of the screen shots and logs so far... (OMG! it is quite a bit of work).. Thank god for dual screen capability!

There are over 125 different characters in the current tally.

The leading individual person so far is.. surprise, surprise.. not a scripted character but a genuine player.. role player nonetheless!

The guild competition, so far, is intense with more than three guilds in running for the top spot.

I have a big work related project deadline coming up so I will be lagging behind the screen shots till well into 3rd week of the contest.

B

Bismarck4889

Hang in there Lord Tomas, I know it's alot of work-but truly it really is an honor to participate and to do so on your level is admirable. *Bows*

M

Mirage

Sorry for lack of updates.

I have processed about 25% of the screen shots and logs so far... (OMG! it is quite a bit of work).. Thank god for dual screen capability!

There are over 125 different characters in the current tally.

The leading individual person so far is.. surprise, surprise.. not a scripted character but a genuine player.. role player nonetheless!

The guild competition, so far, is intense with more than three guilds in running for the top spot.

I have a big work related project deadline coming up so I will be lagging behind the screen shots till well into 3rd week of the contest.
Well, I give up !! LoL

If there is a role player winning and I have been there like every second from server to server, I don't stand a chance. I'm done, good luck rest of ya's...

Getting whipped by a a freaking RP'r!! I'm ashamed. LoL

Mir
(Ex Bank Sitting champ)

Z

Zodia

Well, it certainly seems to be working as WBB is hoping again on Atlantic.

I'm this close to transferring.....

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a very amiable contest Tomas, I'm glad to see the bank is once again busy with players. Hopefully this will end up being a permanent re population, I'd hate for the playerbase to migrate back to the giant sandstone box.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always kinda cool to add some excitement to the game with a contest but I have to say I think this one is extremely sad.

1) If someone is so bored with the game that the best they can come up with for a contest is a return to WBB maybe they should just quit? WBB that important to you lol?

2) Rewarding & encouraging mass people to do absolutely nothing other then sit around? Im sure thats what the founding fathers of Uo had in mind for the game. Not!! Just reeks of whats so wrong with this game lately.

3) Wtf is wrong with Luna anyways? Vendors and gate are right there. Its a hub and thats why it became the popular spot. There are economic issues no matter where people decide to hang or vendor so plz spare me the duper/cheater/gouger Luna hate nonsense.

Peace :)

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for taking precious time off from Yew gate marksmanship competition and bumping the thread.

(Just messing with you!)

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My return to Luna bank contest is starting tomorrow (May 20th 2009) and will end on June 2nd 2009.

I will be giving out 1 billion in prizes!

M

Mirage

Reminder: Contest starts from 12:01 AM EST Tuesday, i.e. Midnight of Monday, May 11th. I will take a screen shot at approximately 12:05 AM - this will be one of very few announced shot.

Note: This post will be updated based on feedback. As such, rules and rewards are not frozen till start of the event.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ever wished that you could get paid for bank sitting? Well, now you might just be able to! Read on..

The contest will span over four weeks starting 12th of May till 2nd of June on Atlantic shard. Players from other shards are most welcome.
So is it a four week contest or a three week contest?

You state four weeks, but your dates show three weeks.

Mir

S

Sticky Hands

Well, I give up !! LoL

If there is a role player winning and I have been there like every second from server to server, I don't stand a chance. I'm done, good luck rest of ya's...

Mir
(Ex Bank Sitting champ)
I haven't missed more than 30 seconds a day either! =:):::

M

Mirage

Well, I give up !! LoL

Mir
(Ex Bank Sitting champ)
I haven't missed more than 30 seconds a day either! =:):::
Maybe you're the role player!! LoL

S

Sticky Hands

I don't think so... although, I did steal someones runebook when they dropped it to gate off it... =p

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Ours is half done on Chesapeake. Darn Drac for having a real life.

Perhaps Chesapeake could hold a Half Return to Brit Bank?

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles*

mmm, why did I not catch that earlier? It is supposed to end on the 9th.

So is it a four week contest or a three week contest?

You state four weeks, but your dates show three weeks.

Mir

D

Dragonchilde

Ours is half done on Chesapeake. Darn Drac for having a real life.

Perhaps Chesapeake could hold a Half Return to Brit Bank?
Gareth, if you want to promote such an event... I'll help. I went by Atlantic the other day, and it was amazing to see so many people there. I'd love to see Chesapeake so full again!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Gareth, if you want to promote such an event... I'll help. I went by Atlantic the other day, and it was amazing to see so many people there. I'd love to see Chesapeake so full again!
Well I went there on and off for about an hour on Chessy and it does have a good group of people already going to it. I dont think we would need to do much heh

M

Mirage

* 80th percentile rank winner = Royal Guard Investigator Cloak (+20 stealth) - 200M-400 Million gold value

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

what the heck does that mean? LoL

Mir

M

Mirage

F

Foolio the Bard

Thank you. I still don't get it. I guess that's the price you pay for quitting school my senior year.

Anyone else care to explain to a high school drop out so that he may understand?

I was just messing with ya.

Really, it is just a fancy way of saying the person in 80th place if there were 100 entrants.
If there are 200 people in the contest, then the 160th person is the "80th percentile".
If 300 people, then 240th place gets the item.

EDIT: Umm, now that I think about it, that's not right. The 80th percentile would mean 20% of the people have more points. So it would be 20th place out of 100, 40th out of 200, etc. gets the item.

:hug:

M

Mirage

Am I winning yet?!
You have to be winning.. you have been out there every second just about. LoL

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get updates like we were promised. Would have been more fun if we knew where we stood at some point.

Mir

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya sorry but real life has thrown a bit of spanner. I am usually pretty good at keeping updates.

However, I am slowly catching up with the screenies. Mirage I think I have not seen one yet where you were not in it.. True for few other people as well.

M

Mirage

Stupid real life !! It has a habit of getting in the way !!

Mir

S

Sticky Hands

So, exactly when does this end today? I gotta jet for a week tomorrow afternoon!