• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Successfully Trained Pet Thread

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the purpose of acid slugs?
The wrestling is now 110. Wrestling can go to 120 on them. Also Humans and pets gain Parry from them. Any magic increases up to a point.

Or I can show you:

upload_2017-12-24_19-7-34.png

Healing goes up when they have to use the ability. I had consume on, so it didn't have to heal. If I let its HP drop, it would gain healing there.

Tactics gains slow there. But the pet can fight anything now. Ill let it gain skills while fighting now.

Sometimes there are 3 tamers and an archer or a thrower gaining skills there. It is a very popular place on LS.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a grizzle mare and I tried to train it up just for kicks. only goes to 3 slots/weak lol. it had necro and spirit speak to start but only around 19 or so. I did not even gain .1 of necro or spirit speak. pet is now 100s and most skills and is on it last training and still cant gain. am I screwed/waste of time or, what do I need to do to gain. thanks.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a grizzle mare and I tried to train it up just for kicks. only goes to 3 slots/weak lol. it had necro and spirit speak to start but only around 19 or so. I did not even gain .1 of necro or spirit speak. pet is now 100s and most skills and is on it last training and still cant gain. am I screwed/waste of time or, what do I need to do to gain. thanks.
You may need to activate the Necro ability. It has necro and spirit speek as place holders that allow you to choose Necro for 1 point.

If you are finished training, theres nothing you can do.

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon Wolf.jpg

This Dragon Wolf started as a 3 slot and the extra level helps a ton. He is over capped on Resisting spells and Strength. The odd thing was i could not add more dex so it is stuck at 125. I could have loaded it up with 120s but did not feel like sinking a ton of gold into him. I selected force of nature because its a str based selection:

• Mana Cost: 35
  • Applies 15-35 delayed Direct Damage to the attacker.
  • The attacker receives a damage increase of 50%-100% based on their strength.
  • The attacker also applies a stun their target for two seconds which can be reduced by magic resist every 12th hit. Equipping the weapon will reset the hit count.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 75687

This Dragon Wolf started as a 3 slot and the extra level helps a ton. He is over capped on Resisting spells and Strength. The odd thing was i could not add more dex so it is stuck at 125. I could have loaded it up with 120s but did not feel like sinking a ton of gold into him. I selected force of nature because its a str based selection:
He is a nice trained 3 slotter. Better than the one i got.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The str, int, dex cap is exceeded. Makes it a slow moving pet. Thats why I say they walk with a limp.
Dex/Stam should have been independent from Str/int and mana/hits and retained their caps. There's no point in making a high str pet exceedingly slow.

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dex should of been but on these myself and another had the same issue. i should have taken some picks but the dex was stuck but i could add stam with no problem. Ugly as sin but he is pretty tanky and deals nice damg.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pawain is correct, you couldn't raise dex because of the over cap strength. From: Animal Training – Ultima Online
Strength is capped at 700, but your pet has 810 str. Strength cost is x3 so the point weight of that 810 str is 2430. The cap for combined str/dex/int is 2300 so there were no points available to raise dex or int.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey Everyone! I thought I'd start posting what pets I have finished training.

Is the training complete? Yes
Are they skilled up? No
Am I addicted? Yes

Thanks again to everyone for their help and advice through this learning curve, and thanks in advance, for the questions still coming!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is one fine dog. Geez how did you get the Chiv to 120 already?

That dog will chomp thru anything. Who says training them lowers the value. That thing is priceless now!

the OCD in me wants to figure a way to train detect hidden to gm.
Don made a thread on this a long time ago. You use trap door spiders somehow.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is one fine dog. Geez how did you get the Chiv to 120 already?

That dog will chomp thru anything. Who says training them lowers the value. That thing is priceless now!

Don made a thread on this a long time ago. You use trap door spiders somehow.
Thanks lol
Chiv was a pain! It took me about 5 days just on that skill. It was the last thing i trained and just now finished it. I just let the spectral spellbinders cast on it while it was discorded and on a boat.
Healing was tough too. For that i put 90 poisoning on that i had on a stone. Told it to all stop / stay and then casted poison on it over and over in my Fel house while it was discorded.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Off memory, I couldn't tell you. Unless there is a way to tell? (EC perhaps) I'm playing in CC. If there's a way, I'd be happy to check

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Off memory, I couldn't tell you. Unless there is a way to tell? (EC perhaps) I'm playing in CC. If there's a way, I'd be happy to check
I also checked on that before with more expert players here : Sadly there is no way to tell pre-skilled pet stats in pets. Neither by using Pincos etc..Would be interesting if there is some way..

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Old fashioned pen to paper I suppose :)
Dear Diary... Today I went taming.
Today I tamed a mean dog.
He was very strong.
I would call his strength a 598.
Nope. For me it's like spam tame spam tame spam tame... 30 minutes later, reading here how it was I screwed up my pet... lol

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Old fashioned pen to paper I suppose :)
Dear Diary... Today I went taming.
Today I tamed a mean dog.
He was very strong.
I would call his strength a 598.
Nope. For me it's like spam tame spam tame spam tame... 30 minutes later, reading here how it was I screwed up my pet... lol
Yep..

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Celticus... That's the one pet that made me lose the most sleep with the changes that were happening on TC. Fingers crossed that it remains that way!

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My Triceratops - This one, I left piercing on. I'll get another one and take it off, and go AI

BZPierceTriceratops01.JPG BZPierceTriceratops02.JPG BZPierceTriceratops03.JPG BZPierceTriceratops04.JPG BZPierceTriceratops05.JPG BZPierceTriceratops06.JPG BZPierceTriceratops07.JPG BZPierceTriceratops08.JPG BZPierceTriceratops09.JPG BZPierceTriceratops.JPG

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Haha, thanks very much... Unless you need a 120 Throwing, there's not much I can do to help anyone with scrolls anymore. If a pet could use the scroll, I threw it on... I was a hoarder, and a slave to spawns for years. My characters were complete, but the addiction to spawning was real. When I re-subbed I thought I would have quite a nice nest egg moving to ATL and selling them all. Wrong... 34 pets later, and who the hell knows how many ruined and released... I'm just an average pauper now. Honestly though, if you're willing to put the work in, and work the binding system as well as you go, it's not that hard.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
In spawns only the boss coughs up the PS or earlier spawns before you get to the boss also?
Like there are 4 levels of spawning creatures? Do PS drop when you work the levels 1-2-3 also? Ty for info..

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In spawns only the boss coughs up the PS or earlier spawns before you get to the boss also?
Like there are 4 levels of spawning creatures? Do PS drop when you work the levels 1-2-3 also? Ty for info..
105s come from spawn. All the others from the champion. Working the spawn will give Pinks and relic replicants so you have that as well. If you know how to do them, they are easily soloable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
105s come from spawn. All the others from the champion. Working the spawn will give Pinks and relic replicants so you have that as well. If you know how to do them, they are easily soloable

Good info!!!
Can you bind the 105's? How many 105's to make 110 or 115? How you do that?
Is there a relatively easy PS-Fel-T2A spawn to get started at and teethe on with my Sampie?
Ty again..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good info!!!
Can you bind the 105's? How many 105's to make 110 or 115? How you do that?
Is there a relatively easy PS-Fel-T2A spawn to get started at and teethe on with my Sampie?
Ty again..
Hopefully one that is not overcamped by PvP/Pk Clan?

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's like trading up prizes at the circus! LoL

(8) 105's make a 110
(12) 110's make a 115
(10) 115's make a 120

You can bind pinks as well. They sell alright.
Sure, most times, you won't start and finish a spawn to get 120's, but sometimes you do. You can do despise if you're quick enough and the time is right. Is there a "by the book" way to be successful spawning? Absolutely not.

Terra's out of the way, not too bad, dessert is okay as well, lots of room to run if you have to, the bog is a pain to navigate, and therefore doesn't draw much attention.

You try primetime to do despise, deceit, dastard, or marble side and yeah chances are you're losing insurance money.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I train and fight with my tamer during prime time and run melees through spawns late night when da pks is sleeps. If I do in fact run a spawn during prime time it’s the bog or ice east. Just depends on how comfortable you are.

Also, spawning with one account can be a pain. Spawning with multiple makes it easy since you don’t have to swap classes out with log out timers and you can have them set up for protection which doubles your scrolls.

All how you operate. Personally, despise you can do solo without issue as long as you can switch weapons back to whirlwind Bara’s flute spawn and then back to your armor ignore weapon fast enough.

Slayers are the key to any successful Sampire.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I train and fight with my tamer during prime time and run melees through spawns late night when da pks is sleeps. If I do in fact run a spawn during prime time it’s the bog or ice east. Just depends on how comfortable you are.

Also, spawning with one account can be a pain. Spawning with multiple makes it easy since you don’t have to swap classes out with log out timers and you can have them set up for protection which doubles your scrolls.

All how you operate. Personally, despise you can do solo without issue as long as you can switch weapons back to whirlwind Bara’s flute spawn and then back to your armor ignore weapon fast enough.

Also keep in mind tamers can solo spawns if you have the right set up. Exploding hiryus make quick work of Bara and Rikky.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also keep in mind tamers can solo spawns if you have the right set up. Exploding hiryus make quick work of Bara and Rikky.

I like the exploding lesser Hiryu idea..lol..You mean Expl goo alone or with Chiv and AI also? Good info.. ty..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Barracoon can turn you into a rat? Do you use savage paint or something to avoid this? or polymorph?

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I like the exploding lesser Hiryu idea..lol..You mean Expl goo alone or with Chiv and AI also? Good info.. ty..
Exploding hiryu: exploding goo (aggros all nearby mobs into hiryu)
Add Bushido and it gets whirlwind. Bring it to 120 and it will swap between bringing mobs in with area and whirl winding them , which does more damage the more mobs around it.

Also Bushido works well because it allows it to cast confidence and momentum strike.

All around “bomb” at a champ spawn.

Works best when trained on a 2 slot lesser because you can give it extra mana and hit point Regen to offset its damage, and in conjunction with consume makes fast work of spawns

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Exploding hiryu: exploding goo (aggros all nearby mobs into hiryu)
Add Bushido and it gets whirlwind. Bring it to 120 and it will swap between bringing mobs in with area and whirl winding them , which does more damage the more mobs around it.

Also Bushido works well because it allows it to cast confidence and momentum strike.

All around “bomb” at a champ spawn.

Works best when trained on a 2 slot lesser because you can give it extra mana and hit point Regen to offset its damage, and in conjunction with consume makes fast work of spawns

Great ifo! TY.