• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New content for April event maybe?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This popped up on all shards in Moonglow (at least on the three I checked.) Are those dolls holding Candy Canes?!?

new.JPG

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The art display in the Royal City is populated as well.....with some...interesting art pieces...

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh no... Elf on the shelf has invaded UO. I can't get way from those creepy little B*****. Oh yes they are holding Candy Canes.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The art display in the Royal City is populated as well.....with some...interesting art pieces...
Where is the art display in the Royal City.. I have look and seem to keep missing it. I even look at the museum.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's behind the castle

1617767739503.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya the event has something to do with art in the Royal City.

Those elves are just one the presents we didn't get at Christmas.

I wonder how many of Hooks Map we will need if any. We will find out soon!
1617768242121.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Those elves are just one the presents we didn't get at Christmas.
I guess they finally remembered the Christmas gift then, seems a bit bizarre to have elves with candy canes in April, maybe it's a late April Fool joke, everything seems to be running late around here recently.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The moonglow one had the book straps on the tables, why are they there if they are "Vet Rewards"?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It looks like some kind of a bazaar? A bizarre Bazaar *giggles* but you know what I mean? A little market type thing?

Maybe it's just to show off some of the vet/store items because there are a few of those at the gardens in the Royal City too..the gargish totems are there along with some other really strange stuff!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So...lets have a little backstory just so there's a some info for people.

When the *Mysterious creature* was spotted (St. Patrick's Day Clicky) some people noticed the town cryer had a new entry!

1617801178619.png

But when exploring the area just found some empty areas that might look like housing spots?

But today when I went to look there were some interesting art pieces being put on display!

This area remains empty, but the stairs leading to nowhere makes one thing there might be something coming soon!

1617801464562.png

Just to the East is a small area that looks like it might still be under construction

1617801527255.png

To the East of THAT....

1617801619099.png

Some old and some new!

I especially like the orange sparkly blood!

1617801729130.png

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks like some kind of a bazaar? A bizarre Bazaar *giggles* but you know what I mean? A little market type thing?

Maybe it's just to show off some of the vet/store items because there are a few of those at the gardens in the Royal City too..the gargish totems are there along with some other really strange stuff!
I think you are correct. If you click on the sign you see " The Oddities Traveling Merchant". I like that some of the new items are there for viewing, so you don't have to trouble players to show you!

Attachments

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that deed by the bonfire says "Use the runic tome map #3 to find the next hidden portal" :eyes:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that deed isn't on Origin

1617927783070.png

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend found this, I don't think it will have anything to do with the new content but it's adorable! :heart:

kennel.JPG

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pink book on the floor of The Peg Leg Inn tells a tale of a lost love to be found:
Buc's Inn.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are the royal dogs......

Also found this guy on a dock somewhere ;)

1618070660719.png

I think the best part about events like this is trying to figure out as much as possible before it goes live!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a fairly good chance of lot of these items are leftovers from old Seer or EM events.
Most of these have new items that have just been put in the game this year. The book sure matches the Lore, I can't find which dock the orc is on but the other spots have items that are new, so it can not be from an old event since all but the book (can't find the dock) is also on LS.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The orc on the docks is NOT on LS

There is a clue in the screenshot....that tiny little bit of swamp.....where is there a dock that close to a swamp area...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Found this guy on Great Lakes...but no Orc...

1618104925485.png

And this chick on Siege....but no Orc!

1618105283613.png

Last edited:

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are the royal dogs......

Also found this guy on a dock somewhere ;)

View attachment 118419

I think the best part about events like this is trying to figure out as much as possible before it goes live!
The way I look at us discussing things on Stratics that we found in game is that we would be doing it at a Tavern if we were roleplaying, so I just pretend we are all talking over a mug of ale and we would naturally talk about new discoveries.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If things aren't on all the shards, they aren't part of the official story arc.

Don't go down the rabbit hole of old event leftovers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If things aren't on all the shards, they aren't part of the official story arc.

Don't go down the rabbit hole of old event leftovers.
I didn't click post. Is this a rabbit hole?

This guy always been in the Cats Lair on Origin?
If not, this is getting serious.
1618111819482.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah these are NOT event left overs...and no that Murder witness has NOT been on Origin...he's new.

Remember....they said the next event would be mid-April... it's the 11th day.....so we are getting close.

I know they add event tid bits a little at a time...remember the Black Gate? We had already practically finished that before the event was live. I think maybe they are just throwing in a little at a time so we can't do that this time....but these random pirates on the docks were most definitely not there before.

I do have to agree, however...that it doesn't quite jive with the next events description.....

A Soulless Seduction - Embark on a quest to discover the whereabouts of a missing artisan from Tokuno and meet interesting characters along the way! We are targeting a mid-April launch date for this event so keep an eye on UO.com for full details!

But we shall see!

Last edited:

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least on Drachenfels there is also a "Hook´s Treasure Map" at Ameoba Island :)

Amoeba.Isle.jpg

None pink Book at the Peg Leg Inn and no Provider for Needful Things at Papua Docks so far :)
Also no New Guy at Cat´s Lair.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I know a lot of the things are just to show off the new Store/vet/black market items....the dogs by the castle to show off the new pet castle, the cute little set up on the island to show off the map and chest and stuff.....but the NPC's are new and the pink book is new and neither have anything to do with any of the items.