• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of the Undead Lords

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which monsters will drop a purple item into my pack? Does it include the old monsters or is it just the new stuff? Will I get a drop quicker if I go deeper into the dungeon? Can I recall in and out? Is someone going to nominate this post for **** of the week on Unleashed?
Use your pre made rune book that has spots on each floor. Kill everything. Start at the beginning, kill everything.
The lich and Ram room is the endgame of the Tram dungeon. When thats empty start over.
The Noobs and returners get theirs from the first floor.

Every encounter they have made has matched the slayer spell books. Para Rams and Poison eles are the worst. There will be plenty of Bone Containers for Halloween!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone pick up a rolled map to see what it does or the book of three? Just wondering if they are worth spending points on since ATL population all being funneled into Deceit right now is insane. It's taken me hours and I'm not even at 10 yet. Not sure if you actually have to make the killing blow on the spawn or just need to damage to get credit (or points) but I'm struggling on something I did very well on a couple of months ago on Orgin and LS.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This event is suppose to be for every body. Everybody gets a chance!

We are in this thing together

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried the event out on Atl for about a hour and a half... Got 4 items, Which I'm fine with that... I just don't find the event fun like the other years... Sure the rewards might be better but I find myself so bored I really don't care to work towards getting them... This feels like treasure of tokuno only with stronger monsters and slower spawn, At least on Atl.

Phreak

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rewards have changed on atlantic, 10 points now for ranger cloak, khaldun masks and spell focus sash. Bandage belts seem to be missing now

Phreak

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow, confirmed. This is not the case on Sonoma. I didn't check anywhere else.
I ran across this on the uo.com forum, so luckily the bandage belts should be back.

Bug report: First aid belt from Deceit vendor missing 10% heal increase

Kyronix
2:27AM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have removed the belt from the reward list while we investigate what's going on. In the meantime, enjoy the other rewards and happy hunting!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rewards have changed on atlantic, 10 points now for ranger cloak, khaldun masks and spell focus sash. Bandage belts seem to be missing now
They back to 50 now...

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fum da udda place

Kyronix Posts: 775Dev

October 8 Flag

Currently the event is live in Trammel Deceit only. Based on soft launch metrics the participation in Felucca was very low. We will monitor over the next few days and adjust accordingly. Happy Hunting!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So speaking of Trammies....since I don't ever go to Tram Deceit....how on God's green earth do you get past the locked doors on lvl 4? I thought there was a hidden door somewhere but I only know of 1 on lvl 3....*sighs*
You can use magic unlock but the passage you are thinking of is here

1602229561304.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fum da udda place

Kyronix Posts: 775Dev

October 8 Flag

Currently the event is live in Trammel Deceit only. Based on soft launch metrics the participation in Felucca was very low. We will monitor over the next few days and adjust accordingly. Happy Hunting!
This makes absolute zero sense. Who cares if the participation is "low" if people are asking for it to have as a second option? I thought they have that cool new dynamic cool to just flip it on (so no extra work for the Devs). There is a chance to pks to come get you but they could make the drop right slightly better to balance the risk reward. This is exactly what they should be testing for the Legacy shard. I'd risk going to fel for a higher chance at rewards...and I'd kill the multiboxing cheaters :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hummmm 1/5 of real price, not bad! make it for all :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can use magic unlock but the passage you are thinking of is here

View attachment 112637
Yeah that's the one I know about....maybe once they re-set the spawn on Origin the doors unlocked...I haven't had a chance to check but this picture is lvl 3.

These are the doors that were not opening for me on lvl 4, and I tried Magic Unlock
1602246700692.png

And because teleport doesn't work and I can't shadow jump I couldn't get across the pit to the West of the main room so most of lvl 4 was inaccessible. I haven't been down there since the spawn re-set though.

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So the rewards are mostly shardbound?? or just single pieces?

I run a sampire with 2000 Luck and earn in less than 3 hours 27 drops.... maybe luck will help maybe not i dont know.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I guess my sampire has the worst luck...maybe I'll try her again but with the lack of life leech and freezing spells she dies a lot!

All of the items from this event are shard bound.

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I guess my sampire has the worst luck...maybe I'll try her again but with the lack of life leech and freezing spells she dies a lot!

All of the items from this event are shard bound.
try to dodge paragons because u cant leech of them and u survive as sampire

hard to get a suit like mine i guess or u use ec client to swap, but its not sure if luck will help. maybe i am a lucker i dont know xD

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's the one I know about....maybe once they re-set the spawn on Origin the doors unlocked...I haven't had a chance to check but this picture is lvl 3.

These are the doors that were not opening for me on lvl 4, and I tried Magic Unlock
View attachment 112638

And because teleport doesn't work and I can't shadow jump I couldn't get across the pit to the West of the main room so most of lvl 4 was inaccessible. I haven't been down there since the spawn re-set though.
Teleport is working just fine, i've had my Samp in there this morning. Maybe they had an issue earlier.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I brought my tamer down to magic unlock the doors but they lock again so unless you have scrolls or are a mage you'll get stuck in there.

Have you gotten drops from the first 3 lvls? I killed all the low lvl stuff over and over and not one drop...not until I got to lvl 4 and killed a Treasures of the Undead named mob.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
This is the build I am usin for Deciet. Hoping to build on peoples ideas and experience based on what they are running to help others adjust to the lack of life leech on paragons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I brought my tamer down to magic unlock the doors but they lock again so unless you have scrolls or are a mage you'll get stuck in there.

Have you gotten drops from the first 3 lvls? I killed all the low lvl stuff over and over and not one drop...not until I got to lvl 4 and killed a Treasures of the Undead named mob.
1. Why does a tamer not have a rune to the Rams?
2. You can mark runes anywhere. Mark runes and doors don't stop you.
3. Gate is safer than recall.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Yes.
On one trip back out of deceit to turn in guyi i literally got a drop in the entrance.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly are you supposed to do if you decide to move from your low pop shard to Atlantic in a year or two, but your suit is tailored around one of these shard bound artifacts? Just waste hundreds of millions buying from multibox farmers?

Wait, that's probably exactly what they want you to do.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1. Why does a tamer not have a rune to the Rams?
2. You can mark runes anywhere. Mark runes and doors don't stop you.
3. Gate is safer than recall.
Because Rams are ugly? And what if I didn't have a mage? Not everyone has the luxury of gating....(Yes I play on Siege too) and walking out of a gate into a room filled with mobs is just the same as recalling in?

Also I don't like cheating...I like running through the whole dungeon....to each their own :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The drop rate for this event needs to be adjusted. Far to slow for archers, mages, tamers. Where as Meelee warriors are getting them a lot faster. Most of the mages, archers, tamers I spoke with all are saying that it is taking forever to get a single drop, where a warrior can get one in 15 minutes.

Now I am not into meeleee with the monster, I have always gone with my archers, mages or tamers for these events, and this event I can say without a doubt that has the worse drop rate I ever seen.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Drop rate is indeed a bit slow.
But alas, I will have to skip my two months break to do this and get some of that stuff for my characters.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly are you supposed to do if you decide to move from your low pop shard to Atlantic in a year or two, but your suit is tailored around one of these shard bound artifacts? Just waste hundreds of millions buying from multibox farmers?

Wait, that's probably exactly what they want you to do.
Or maybe they expect you to just play by the same rules as everyone else and quit whining. I am not a multibox farmer and I have no problem at all obtaining whatever I want ingame on whichever shards I decide to play.
You choose to play/stay on a low population shard. Deal with the consequences of your own decisions. If things get really tough maybe you can retreat to your safe space and cuddle your participation trophies :next:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I like the ring but my template does not use resist or meditation. Now if it was one of those and focus it would be plus

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the ring but my template does not use resist or meditation. Now if it was one of those and focus it would be plus
as i maybe mentioned, use VVV crystalline ring... u can get 4 of them just by joining vvv, that last a while

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or maybe they expect you to just play by the same rules as everyone else and quit whining. I am not a multibox farmer and I have no problem at all obtaining whatever I want ingame on whichever shards I decide to play.
You choose to play/stay on a low population shard. Deal with the consequences of your own decisions. If things get really tough maybe you can retreat to your safe space and cuddle your participation trophies :next:
Well, if that's the case then this game can't die soon enough.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The map is actually for another event, only working on Atlantic right now, when you click the map and use it on the NPC it teleports you to a spawn....not sure if they are just testing it on ATL or because ATL is so populated they got it first? But that's what that does! Someone posted it on the other forums.

No clue about the book yet.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The map is actually for another event, only working on Atlantic right now, when you click the map and use it on the NPC it teleports you to a spawn....not sure if they are just testing it on ATL or because ATL is so populated they got it first? But that's what that does! Someone posted it on the other forums.
I'm afraid this is just a rumor based on a misunderstanding. Nobody on the official forum ever said that there is a special spawn on Atlantic. The post on the official forum actually says this (bold added by myself):

So I went on ATL for a second, and saw they have a gem next to their artifact vendor that seems to set up some kind of undead lords boss fight (I assume in conjunction with the map you can buy for 10). It says something about an invasion of felucca.

This is just a Lake Superior player who went to Atlantic, saw the Sparkling Gem next to the Deceit entrance, and assumed that it was used to start some special spawn. Unless we get an actual report, I'm going to assume that the Sparkling Gem on Atlantic is just decoration, and that the 'undead lords boss fight' is just this player's speculation.

Personally I think it's more likely that the Three Undead Lords are going to be bosses in some EM event later this month. BTW, if you're interested in the inspiration for the Three, read here: The Three - The Codex of Ultima Wisdom, a wiki for Ultima and Ultima Online