• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it gonna be BUDDY BUDDY ? or by the RULES?

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's only one "Owned by OSI" house I'm personally aware of that should not have lasted so long. Keys on Sonoma was a notorious PK, but I never knew him to cheat until he got a Counselor friend to teleport his red into Trammel, just after the first facet split. He killed a bunch of blues, got caught quickly, and was banned right away for such flagrancy. Maybe it was his way of going out in a blaze of glory. His old tower outside Fel Skara stayed up and "Owned by OSI" for years, and with the friends list wiped, nobody could get in. I don't know if it went IDOC or was just deleted.
There was a house on Ice Island Atlantic that belonged to a guild member of mine who was permabanned for some serious harassment charges and his small house was Owned by OSI from 1999 until 2018 or 2019, can't remember. It was dropped one day and the large tower next to was gone and a keep was in the place of both houses, so I'm assuming the house owner emailed about the house and Mesanna or a GM dropped it for them. It was bugged out, private but you could go on the steps and when you clicked the door it said "You cannot use that". All this to say I think if one pages/emails on a house like you described, they'll drop it. The neighbor had to notice it was Owned by OSI for months, no doubt in my mind he emailed on it. I've also heard that they will drop houses attached to free accounts (leftover seer/counselor accounts) if they find one; that is hearsay though, can't say whether or not it's true. They may just turn the free account off and let the house decay.

As far as the OP, I'm on the side of those who say the guy should've kept his house. I agree with whoever wrote something to the effect of "with such a dwindling player base, it's important to help out those who stay/play". Best believe if the game ever approaches the red, the servers will go down, and losing one's house is a very good reason for anyone to quit. Given the newsletter saying they will try to help, the fact that the guy found out and paid for an account (and was present), I see no issue.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
House decay was turned off completely for a while after 9/11, and I think it was after Hurricane Katrina that it was extended to 90 days. Have you ever been uprooted from your house by a major disaster? One month is hardly that long when you're trying to get services restored and insurance to pay for things.
It's a myth. You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game like it happens on so many games every day. People get over it. Every day. And if a videogame is more important than your house and family, you can surely find that 5(!) minutes to load your account with two 6 month gametime codes.

Problem is nobody at the team would profit from it. They just collecting their paychecks and see no reason to upset their playerbase over more profit for EA.

And the players are damn happy they can keep their stuff with a big discount.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought if house goes osi, it cant be saved. in the past, ive wait at a house that went through there idoc stages, waited 15 hours then it goes osi, it went through the process again and I started to wait another freakin 15 hours. at 14 hours the house got saved. I guess the person was supposed to pay for the account but never did because some time later it went through the idoc stages again and I waited another freakin 15 hours and it finally fell. so I spent 49 hours at a freakin house, waiting for it to fall. this is the problem I have when a house is save, freakin waiting. I don't cheat and time the houses, I don't cheat to find the houses. I don't cheat to script loot the houses. there has been many shady things that ive seen/have occurred with idoc that I wont go into.
I don't care if houses can be saved as long as all houses can be saved, not just the people that are able to get messana attention.
I had a thought, it might be better if all houses, on all shards dropped at the same time. this may help some player be able to get some of the loot. script looters cann't be everywhere or can they? lol

Last edited:

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sometimes you have to "Poke the Bear". With that being said, thank you Stratics for not changing the Title of Thread or deleting thread.

Thanks you PLAYERS for your comments, input and suggestions. And keeping comments professional.

I apologize in advance, but I am not a wordsmither,

I want to try to address a few TOPICS (labeled A B etc etc) with my input and recommendations. If you wish to comment, please do. Please address your input/suggestions/recommendations/ideas by TOPIC, ie, "TOPIC Z -->> your input (or something like that)".

Topic A 90 day non payment "grace" period.
(1) LIMITED times can be used. Exceptions can be made "GAME Wide" as done for previous issues.
(2) Add new book slot on paperdoll, like "party" "masteries" book.
(a) Add account expires in XXX days
(b) Also add "90 day "grace" periods available" set to "1"
(c) Also add "30 day "grace" periods available" set to "3"
(3) If account is reactivated after 60 days (and before 90 days)
(a) The "90 day "grace" period available" option decreases 0 (zero)
(b) AND the "30 day "grace" periods available" option decrease by 2 to 1 available. (one for each missed 30 day nonpayment period)
(4) If account is reactivated after 30 days (and before 60 days)
(a) The "90 day "grace" period available" option decreases to 0 (zero)
(b) The "30 day "grace" periods "availables" option decreases to by 1 to be 2 available (for missed 30 nonpayment period)
(c) Allows for 2 more 30 day "grace" periods.
(5) If the account is reactived before 30 days, use current policy.

Topic B An account that has no "grace" periods left and account is NOT kept current.
(1) Should be treated as a closed account with no rights to property or items
(2) House decays, no intervention permitted
(3) All "pets" deleted, including rideable storage ones (blue beetle)
(4) Bank boxes emptied

TOPIC C Decaying Houses
(1) Do not change house sign (obvious reasons)
(2) Do not intervene in process if Topic A implemented.

Topic D SAVE MY STUFF
(1) Create a NON PLAYABLE account that stores items for those who might want to return (not even gonna discuss pricing here)
(2) Limit size of bank box to XXX number.
Topic E Returning Players
(1) Allow returning players that log in and activate account and keep what they have. Implement Topic A upon reactivation.
(2) NOTIFY returning players of changes, terms of service, thank you for reactivating account or however the powers to be decide.

With that being said, if you wish to comment, Please see new thread BUDDY BUDDY Poking the Bear Part2 and comment

Be safe and keep putzing.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With respect, you are muddying the waters. The issue; following a full idoc stage, should (some?) houses remain in suspended animation whilst 'Owned By OSI' and be able to (maybe, possibly, perhaps only for some lucky, clever, or?? people) retrieve them at some undisclosed/arbitrary later length of time?

If the OP is correct in the time line and course of events, the house should have fallen. I can only say that I myself have seen a number of 'Owned By OSI' homes that stand for months and years. As @Promathia pointed out in his screenshot RE: the reacquiring a house owned by OSI (being able to be retrieved sometimes? Always? Maybe?), what does this say about idoc 'rules' and 'payment requirements'?
I'm not "muddying" anything. I already said I don't know the specifics of why the person couldn't refresh, so both sides are only speculating on what they think happened. Was it really favoritism, or was helping someone with game/billing mechanics that are known to go screwy?

God knows I'm the farthest of anybody from being a cheerleader for Mesanna & Co., but they did recently give me pet help (no, I won't go into details) on something I've never heard of since pets could bond. The old UO GMs would have said, "Sorry, I cannot help thee," and not escalated things at all.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To clarify house went OSI
--->>> I'm having troubles with my house being OSI, even though my account is active <<-- from the owner of the house in question. from uo .com

OLD school house decay was 30 day "process" ALL THE TIME No renew, **POOF** in 8 hours.

Intervention? Mesanna now the owner Heavenly Grounds (edited to add this)
Actually, "old school" was 11 days, when you refreshed a house by having a key in your backpack and opening the door. You could own as many houses as you wanted, and likewise refresh as many houses whose keys you stole/looted.

Even then, there were stiill bugs and unexplainable circumstances. A friend and I had a vendor house disappear on us within 24 hours. It simply went poof. A GM gave the infamous, "Sorry, I cannot help thee."

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actually, "old school" was 11 days, when you refreshed a house by having a key in your backpack and opening the door. You could own as many houses as you wanted, and likewise refresh as many houses whose keys you stole/looted.

Even then, there were stiill bugs and unexplainable circumstances. A friend and I had a vendor house disappear on us within 24 hours. It simply went poof. A GM gave the infamous, "Sorry, I cannot help thee."
Thanks for the clarification on houses.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a myth. You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game like it happens on so many games every day. People get over it. Every day.
If it's such a myth, then prove how much you "enjoy" the game by deleting everything you have, and creating an entirely new account to start over. I won't hold my breath.

The myth is that characters and items in the game are easily replaceable, or at least "fun" to replace after a game lifetime to train and acquire. When I first started UO, what I couldn't have realized is that the "persistent world" requires investment rather than single-session games, and it's why many quit in the first couple of years over lost characters and looted house keys. There may have been "fun" in the first round, but certainly not in replacing things. I had one of the first 5x GM mages in the entire game, and when a bug made that character res on the spot with skills down to 92, I nearly quit. Because skill gain at the time slowed the more people used that skill, just eval int took forever to build back.

And if a videogame is more important than your house and family, you can surely find that 5(!) minutes to load your account with two 6 month gametime codes.

Problem is nobody at the team would profit from it. They just collecting their paychecks and see no reason to upset their playerbase over more profit for EA.
It's a laughable thought that the team has no stake in the game's revenues. You don't think with the game in its twilight, Broadsword has thought of shortening account grace time to get that much more money in? They're more likely to lose revenue as house-holding accounts are shut down permanently, i.e. no payments at all instead of three a year. There's a standard algebra problem about how much a storekeeper can charge to maximize revenue. The easy way is to complete the square and graph the results, and forcing payments every month will be the right side of the parabola.

And the players are damn happy they can keep their stuff with a big discount.
What's it to you if a house is standing, if an account is played or not? Are you so butthurt like the OP, that there are so many part-time houses you can't get to loot?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it's such a myth, then prove how much you "enjoy" the game by deleting everything you have, and creating an entirely new account to start over. I won't hold my breath.

The myth is that characters and items in the game are easily replaceable, or at least "fun" to replace after a game lifetime to train and acquire. When I first started UO, what I couldn't have realized is that the "persistent world" requires investment rather than single-session games, and it's why many quit in the first couple of years over lost characters and looted house keys. There may have been "fun" in the first round, but certainly not in replacing things. I had one of the first 5x GM mages in the entire game, and when a bug made that character res on the spot with skills down to 92, I nearly quit. Because skill gain at the time slowed the more people used that skill, just eval int took forever to build back.

It's a laughable thought that the team has no stake in the game's revenues. You don't think with the game in its twilight, Broadsword has thought of shortening account grace time to get that much more money in? They're more likely to lose revenue as house-holding accounts are shut down permanently, i.e. no payments at all instead of three a year. There's a standard algebra problem about how much a storekeeper can charge to maximize revenue. The easy way is to complete the square and graph the results, and forcing payments every month will be the right side of the parabola.

What's it to you if a house is standing, if an account is played or not? Are you so butthurt like the OP, that there are so many part-time houses you can't get to loot?
Haha, that went fast from 9/11 and hurricane Kathrina to delete everything you have right now. I don't think anyone would do that on purpose neither did anyone say it's fun *doh* But you are making my point. Most people taking advantage of this system are not in a crisis, just saving some money. Just like me. I can't even tell you when I last been logged in for more than 30 minutes. It's not because I'm in a crisis. I just take adavantage of this system and I'm fine with it.

I also just happen to play many multiplayer games. And I see people losing stuff every day. You don't have to believe me, in fact I couldn't care less, yet I see the same people getting over their stuff and moving on. Keep telling yourself those 3 rares are essential for your enjoyment in this game. You will believe it, I guess you already do. Especially UO has this culture that pixel crack is worth much more than a packed weekend of events with your squad. Most other games I enjoy - fortunately - never cultivated this idea of rares and pixelcrack being the central element of the game.

I will also start believing the team has an interest in maximizing revenues when I see according actions. Right now, I can't feel they are even trying. But there everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

And then you call me butthurt over this LOL. I never really did any IDOCs apart from trying them out and getting dragged by friends. Couldn't care less. Not sure right now which of us comes across more butthurt at this point. I just said people are happy to keep houses on a discount, and at least I pretty much am.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gold sink, lol. To late.

Greed is always there. Prove your avatarness and your virtues. Broadsword can check payments. If they decide to give back, it's a BS thing. Maybe BS shows a virtue.

IDOC items on auctions? This is worth another thread. IMHO richer people get richer then. Delete all non account bound items. Move the rest into bank of owner. And don't argue that then idoc people will left game and shards will get emptied. This guy are the void, they are empty. Most of them will not show up at any non idoc themed action. So you will not see them if you are not an idocer. That's my opinion to the idoc stuff.
Rich get richer?? I don't think you understand how auctions work.

If you pay gold for the items - how do you get richer? If I buy a house at auction how do I get richer? I would get richer if I got the house for free(which is what happens today with IDOC loot).

The most destructive thing to the economy these past 10 years has been shrinking player base and IDOCS.

If gold were removed form the game (auction) for each house fall - the gold economy would not be so screwed up. Its simple economics. IDOCs are UO inflation.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Rich get richer?? I don't think you understand how auctions work.

If you pay gold for the items - how do you get richer? If I buy a house at auction how do I get richer? I would get richer if I got the house for free(which is what happens today with IDOC loot).

The most destructive thing to the economy these past 10 years has been shrinking player base and IDOCS.

If gold were removed form the game (auction) for each house fall - the gold economy would not be so screwed up. Its simple economics. IDOCs are UO inflation.
Because the Rich can afford to take the risk of putting in a BIG bid and outbidding everyone else and they are big at turning around and selling it for even more.

Now I agree about removing gold from the game but I would prefer a lottery rather than an auction. At least then everyone else has a slim chance at getting something for less.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think this post crossed me into the r
"Remove idocs" camp, would provide a valuable removal of items making people do content.

Removes issues with scripting etc, and for the sake of rares we have a very large database that "if name found in database, take to Britain auction box

Or maybe people's houses become like storage locker sales , where you bid to buy it , maybe not knowing everything in it ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whatever it is, it probably won't stop the cheating...nothing else they did anywhere else has. I still say random resources was a boon to scripters.

1579287058712.png

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ONE week and OVER 2K views. Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting. "Bowing Out"

Keep putzing and have a good day.
(Hazel of LS)

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha, that went fast from 9/11 and hurricane Kathrina
You missed the point, as expected. I explained why the housing grace period was extended to 90 days.

to delete everything you have right now.
Need I quote you again that you were the one talking about how easy it is to restart? You said: "You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game like it happens on so many games every day. People get over it. Every day."

So once again, prove it to us. Or just me. Delete all your stuff and start over, to show how much you enjoy the game, and whatever you've acquired doesn't matter.

I don't think anyone would do that on purpose neither did anyone say it's fun *doh*
Need I quote you again? "You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game"

The point that went over your head is that however you're restarting, whether coming back after years or you intentionally deleted everything, losing what you had and having to go through everything all over again is not fun. Do you think Atl would have its population were it not for character transfers?

So, *doh*.

But you are making my point.
Only in your mind.

Most people taking advantage of this system are not in a crisis,
I never said that's the reason today. I gave you the history.

just saving some money. Just like me. I can't even tell you when I last been logged in for more than 30 minutes. It's not because I'm in a crisis. I just take adavantage of this system and I'm fine with it.
Gee, so you don't walk your talk. There's a word for that, but mods would ban me (and others not in the Stratics cheerleading club) for using it.

I also just happen to play many multiplayer games. And I see people losing stuff every day.
And yet there are no games even close to UO's heavy basis on custom characters and items that are not easy to replace.

You don't have to believe me, in fact I couldn't care less,
So you yourself know it doesn't matter to me a whit. Why bring that up at all, then?

yet I see the same people getting over their stuff and moving on. Keep telling yourself those 3 rares are essential for your enjoyment in this game.
Now you are the one making a big stretch. Where did I ever mention "rares"?

You will believe it, I guess you already do. Especially UO has this culture that pixel crack is worth much more than a packed weekend of events with your squad.
There's a purpose to acquiring one or two big items: when the RNG goes in your favor, you sell drops for money that you use to play the game. One drop finances the scrolls for a couple of new pets.

One of my friend has a few plat. Is it the gold that's important to him, or what he can do with it?

Most other games I enjoy - fortunately - never cultivated this idea of rares and pixelcrack being the central element of the game.
Then why do you still bother with UO? You'll be happier with other games.

The "pixel crack" isn't important to me in terms of acquisition, but as mementos. I have a number of rares going back as long as 22 years, from various events hardly anyone playing today ever heard about. A couple are memories of friends who no longer play.

I will also start believing the team has an interest in maximizing revenues when I see according actions. Right now, I can't feel they are even trying. But there everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
I already showed you the mathematical basis of how the team already knows how they can maximize revenue, but it's clearly over your head.

And then you call me butthurt over this LOL.
Then why are you so sour on people doing the very same thing you admit to doing?

I never really did any IDOCs apart from trying them out and getting dragged by friends. Couldn't care less. Not sure right now which of us comes across more butthurt at this point. I just said people are happy to keep houses on a discount, and at least I pretty much am.
And you're the one who thinks it's wrong that players can, which isn't inhibiting you from doing the same.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nearly. Yet you got over it and are still here. QED. Great story.
Hardly QED. The threshold is subjective, it should go without saying, so being different for all players, I was at the cusp of quitting. A friend lost his 7x GM mage from the same bug, and he quit soon afterward. I probably would have for 7x. Lots of players quit after losing their first house, long before any item insurance meant that getting PKd at the door with a house key meant 40K and a week's gold down the drain.

So getting back to my point: it's simply not fun to lose things that took a lot of effort to create. Particularly with the dwindling player base, I'd rather TPTB err on the side of caution and help someone save a house than give the old "Sorry, I cannot help thee." Support was so infamously unhelpful that the best ImaNewbie satire showed GMs being thrown in jail for their best-known response (i.e. so reflexively that it was just like unattended macroing).

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hardly QED. The threshold is subjective, it should go without saying, so being different for all players, I was at the cusp of quitting. A friend lost his 7x GM mage from the same bug, and he quit soon afterward. I probably would have for 7x. Lots of players quit after losing their first house, long before any item insurance meant that getting PKd at the door with a house key meant 40K and a week's gold down the drain.

So getting back to my point: it's simply not fun to lose things that took a lot of effort to create. Particularly with the dwindling player base, I'd rather TPTB err on the side of caution and help someone save a house than give the old "Sorry, I cannot help thee." Support was so infamously unhelpful that the best ImaNewbie satire showed GMs being thrown in jail for their best-known response (i.e. so reflexively that it was just like unattended macroing).
Who exactly said it would be fun that you are arguing with? You're completely missing my point idk.

I'm also not gonna delete my stuff for you please stop being silly.

If all this is your opinion, fair enough. Not looking to argue for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who exactly said it would be fun that you are arguing with? You're completely missing my point idk.
You're the one who replied: "You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game like it happens on so many games every day. People get over it. Every day."

There's no functional difference if you close and create a new account, or delete everything and start over. So care to walk back what you wrote?

I'm also not gonna delete my stuff for you please stop being silly.
So there is indeed no fun in having to redo/retrain/reacquire, you're conceding.

If all this is your opinion, fair enough. Not looking to argue for the sake of arguing.
There are opinions, and there are revelations about players who are butthurt over what Broadsword and EA allow. Nobody asked you to jump in. If you can't stand being fisked, you can cease replying anytime.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're the one who replied: "You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game like it happens on so many games every day. People get over it. Every day."

There's no functional difference if you close and create a new account, or delete everything and start over. So care to walk back what you wrote?

So there is indeed no fun in having to redo/retrain/reacquire, you're conceding.

There are opinions, and there are revelations about players who are butthurt over what Broadsword and EA allow. Nobody asked you to jump in. If you can't stand being fisked, you can cease replying anytime.
It's still true though. People get over it. I see it every week no matter you attending debate school or not. Grow up Zog. Nobody said it's fun neither is me the one butthurt right now. You get into some 9/11 or Katherina like stuff (the examples you came up with), you got 90 days to spent 15 mins sorting your accounts.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's still true though. People get over it. I see it every week
Really. You see people losing everything every week, but gladly redoing everything all over again?

Color me beyond skeptical. With the game in its twilight and not having the content it once did, losing serious houses and items is all it takes to drive someone away permanently. Characters, not so much, save for sentimentality.

no matter you attending debate school or not.
You're the one who jumped in. Don't complain that you think you'll make non-reply replies and not get something in return.

Grow up Zog.
There go the elementary school-level insults! Later than I expected, though.

Nobody said it's fun
And again, you did. Right up there: "You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game"

Or can you not understand what you yourself wrote?

neither is me the one butthurt right now.
Could you translate that into English for me? It doesn't need to be the Queen's, just something with passable structure.

You get into some 9/11 or Katherina like stuff (the examples you came up with), you got 90 days to spent 15 mins sorting your accounts.
And as I replied, it's a matter of maximizing revenue. Complete the square and graph the results, if that's within your comprehension.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uff so pointless. Learn to read. I say people get over it, not that it's fun or anything. And yes, it's what I see all the time in so many games, UO only one of many.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uff so pointless.
Ah yes, the standard reply when one has no rebuttal.

Learn to read.
You mean, when you write things like, "neither is me the one butthurt right now"? Sorry, I'm conversationally fluent in several languages but never learned to speak n00b.

I say people get over it, not that it's fun or anything. And yes, it's what I see all the time in so many games, UO only one of many.
So you will backtrack from what you said? "You can just make a new account if you enjoy the game" to any reasonable person means that if you get wiped out, you'll enjoy redoing. But in fact people don't find any enjoyment in that. Or in your world, "enjoy"!="fun"?

You keep derailing us from the original post, to which I, hardly part of the Mesanna Cheer Squad, prefers she to apply an abundance of caution and save a non-refreshing house, so that we don't lose another player. Are there instances of favoritism? I don't doubt it for a second. I'd rather see a house saved, and a player not quit out of frustration, though, especially when a house can be forcibly collapsed should someone cry wolf.

And what's the matter, no more kid-level insults?[/QUOTE]

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think the OP might prefer it if we all stopped derailing the thread with this nonsense, maybe some kind Mod could just remove the irrelevant posts?

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
BUDDY WINS BUDDY WINS Such a sad day for the UO community. There is NO way that this should have happened.
(( House given back to owner who "reactivated" and appeared in game AFTER IDOC state
Where are all the "campers" that watched the process unfold. IDOC HOUSE, it went IDOC. OWNER was NOT present until AFTER.

Thanks for watching "BUDDY BUDDY" wins again, as we know it always does.

Have a good day and keep putzing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BUDDY WINS BUDDY WINS

Who is a BUDDY of WHO?

The player did what was stated in the Newsletter. They Emailed Mesanna because their house incorrectly went from IDOC to OSI. Emailing somebody and getting results now puts you "in" with someone?

I guess I am BUDDY BUDDY with American Home Shield. I emailed them and they replaced my washing machine.

Many houses have had the owner show up after IDOC and they just payed and logged in and it refreshed.

This player did not feel BUDDY BUDDY. They been logging on asking if we have seen Mesanna for a long time. She said she would be here...

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about introducing one of the best gold sinks in the game? When a house goes IDOC all items are put up as an auction instead of dropping to ground. Gives everyone a fair chance at loot. Gets rid of scripters and all the foul play. Problem solved.
I like your intent... but sadly this would just ensure that people with 999p + on multiple accounts get every rare in the game, which they already have most of anyway. I would say.... go into a vault with 4000 items and go back to the player upon return. That way we don't lose players, we might lose accounts.... but not players. Would have kept the population of UO majorly intact up until now, when people lose their houses for whatever reason... they are probably not coming back. :**(

Could theoretically be a good gold sink among those with 999+ platinum.... but then again, that would be insinuating that no deals are being made behind the scenes (Ie... just people combining gold / dividing items on ICQ.) That would lead to countless schemes and eliminate normal players from ever getting rares.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who is a BUDDY of WHO?

The player did what was stated in the Newsletter. They Emailed Mesanna because their house incorrectly went from IDOC to OSI. Emailing somebody and getting results now puts you "in" with someone?

I guess I am BUDDY BUDDY with American Home Shield. I emailed them and they replaced my washing machine.

Many houses have had the owner show up after IDOC and they just payed and logged in and it refreshed.

This player did not feel BUDDY BUDDY. They been logging on asking if we have seen Mesanna for a long time. She said she would be here...
It's more about fairness IMO. She can only help some and there are many that are less fortunate.

You can pay your account every month, lose your britinia ship due to the lighthouse not working as advertised, yet nobody will even think of replacing it.

You can also not pay your account at all for 3 months, and the producer will gladly spent her time to clean the mess you brought upon yourself.

I would rather see her time spent on implemting a system that favors every player equally (90 days grace period on unpaid accounts is actually a good example, unless some have their way to work even more days out of it). Yet I know that is not going to happen ans she will keep playing whack-a-mole, saving some and equally letting many down.

Last edited:

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's more about fairness IMO. She can only help some and there are many that are less fortunate.

You can pay your account every month, lose your britinia ship due to the lighthouse not working as advertised, yet nobody will even think of replacing it.

You can also not pay your account at all for 3 months, and the producer will gladly spent her time to clean the mess you brought upon yourself.

I would rather see her time spent on implemting a system that favors every player equally (90 days grace period on unpaid accounts is actually a good example, unless some have their way to work even more days out of it). Yet I know that is not going to happen ans she will keep playing whack-a-mole, saving some and equally letting many down.
You hit the nail on the head !!

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
BUDDY WINS BUDDY WINS Such a sad day for the UO community. There is NO way that this should have happened.
(( House given back to owner who "reactivated" and appeared in game AFTER IDOC state
Where are all the "campers" that watched the process unfold. IDOC HOUSE, it went IDOC. OWNER was NOT present until AFTER.

Thanks for watching "BUDDY BUDDY" wins again, as we know it always does.

:bdh:

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
3000 views, in three weeks. Seems to be a touchy subject. Thanks all for your posts, input, etc etc.

MODERATORS, can you please lock this post.
Have a good day, and keep putzing.

Thanks,
Hazel

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheer up Hazel. If she sticks to no decay visible on house sign to non cheating players, no one will be able to help anyone ever again. To save their house.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Cheer up Hazel. If she sticks to no decay visible on house sign to non cheating players, no one will be able to help anyone ever again. To save their house.
Stupid me has reread this whole post. Did I miss something --"" if she sticks to no decay visible"" --. Was it in another obscure post somewhere??

OPPS Found it thanks. --->>> We have heard a great deal of feedback regarding IDOCs <<<----

If that is true, I hope "she" and others silently watch the plots, because "If it drops, "THEY" will be there" (I think we all know whom I reference when I say "THEY")

Also, please be the first to report those "railing" by your homes and houses for no apparent reason more often then you usually see them.

BTW, anyone have on of those "beating a dead horse" gifs, with one that is still flailing with "one leg" raised??? Or maybe yet, one that has a horse walking slowly on one leg?? (just poking the BEAR here, LOL)

(( Camping skills up to 67.8 ))

Last edited:

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for reading and posts.

This ISSUE seems to have gotten the attention deserves. Poking the BEAR seems to works better then beating a dead horse.

I will LOCK THIS POST after this message.

OPPS I cant do that.

Keep poking the BEAR!!

Keep putzing and have a nice day.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dead Horse??

3k views in three weeks.

SIX Pages on UO.COM about the same topic, ▒ - NEW IDOC'S CHANGE - ▒, small excerpt follows:

""""As of right now we will be locking this thread and starting a new one when we have the changes in.

Thank all of you for being so passionate about a game we all love!""

Mesanna

Dead Horse?? .

Keep putzing and have a great day.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IDOC and cheating at IDOCs have nothing to do with this thread.

This thread and 3 k views did not stop her from giving the house to the owner. Beat on that a while.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pondering the stupid arse thought of returning. Are characters under 30 days of age still allowed to do the new "quests" for limited time events to get the major awards?? IE, like the egg gathering fiasco?? Are the "scripters" still allowed to run rampant and get all the "limited" rewards at the end of the events!! Hello Lake Superior!!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pondering the stupid arse thought of returning. Are characters under 30 days of age still allowed to do the new "quests" for limited time events to get the major awards?? IE, like the egg gathering fiasco?? Are the "scripters" still allowed to run rampant and get all the "limited" rewards at the end of the events!! Hello Lake Superior!!!
i hope they bring the egg gathering back i loved doing it on my stealther char

Miretar

Journeyman
There are real life circumstance such as sudden life threatening illnesses such as COVID or a sudden death that may temporarily change a player’s priorities and leave them unable to pay not for financial reasons but for other pressing reasons. I hope from the bottom of my heart that those of you are screaming and whining about this never have to experience these circumstances.

i also have it on good authority that houses can suddenly go IDOC without warning and with the accounts paid up. Recently a guild mate’s castle went IDOC for no reason.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are real life circumstance such as sudden life threatening illnesses such as COVID or a sudden death that may temporarily change a player’s priorities and leave them unable to pay not for financial reasons but for other pressing reasons. I hope from the bottom of my heart that those of you are screaming and whining about this never have to experience these circumstances.

i also have it on good authority that houses can suddenly go IDOC without warning and with the accounts paid up. Recently a guild mate’s castle went IDOC for no reason.
I fid it MUCH more believable that there WAS a reason your guildmate's house went IDOC. But that the person didn't share it with you. Just my opinion.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I fid it MUCH more believable that there WAS a reason your guildmate's house went IDOC. But that the person didn't share it with you. Just my opinion.
Yea I've seen this several times before where someone gets one side of the story and passes it along as facts. Not saying this didn't happen to this person bc there are weird bugs out there but I could also see this person placing another house on another shard or something to that effect which would condemn their current house but leave that detail out. So yes their account was paid up and their castle did go IDOC... but it wasn't really "for no reason"... just a reason that wasn't shared.

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
House decay was turned off completely for a while after 9/11, and I think it was after Hurricane Katrina that it was extended to 90 days. Have you ever been uprooted from your house by a major disaster? One month is hardly that long when you're trying to get services restored and insurance to pay for things.

The Powers That Be likely believe it's better to keep it at 90 days, and not even lower it to 60, so that some accounts will be paid for a few times a year, rather than closed completely. It's not just "a small group of people" who are doing that. I've been doing it myself for most of the last five years that I get to play only off and on, and for maybe 10 years I've been doing that for a friend who likewise returns occasionally. The other type are those who do it for storage space, and though you might not like housing spots being occupied for three payments a year, the game designers are very well aware of how it's used. They know it would hurt revenues more than if they forced a payment every month.

Now as far as being able to refresh a house after it's gone IDOC, the game has always been that way, even back to the original refresh method of opening the door with a key in your pack. Whoever doesn't like it is welcome to that opinion, but that's not how the game is operating.
I agree Zog with the 90 day thing. We still have hurricanes and floods and tornadoes and COVID now ... it's not unheard of to be out of the game for at least a couple weeks, maybe more. None of the playerbase is getting any younger and with that comes family responsibilities and some of them are very time consuming.

I would love to see some of the house spots open up on our shard and we aren't like Atlantic. Still, it's more important to me that I know that I can have an occasional slip up and not come back to an empty area where my house use to be or worse, someone else living there LOL!

I pay every month, mainly because I DO tend to take longer breaks. I have elderly parents with health issues, I travel more than I used to and COVID just took me down again for a few days. I don't want to have to log on and try to figure out what's paid and what's not.