• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it gonna be BUDDY BUDDY ? or by the RULES?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just drop the house, warehouse the items for the owner's account. Enough of this broken system.
At this point the system is so messed up from the way ti used to be I am inclined to agree at this point. Its a mess of fixes for modern players and has lost all flavor of old.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
To clarify house went OSI
--->>> I'm having troubles with my house being OSI, even though my account is active <<-- from the owner of the house in question. from uo .com

OLD school house decay was 30 day "process" ALL THE TIME No renew, **POOF** in 8 hours.

Intervention? Mesanna now the owner Heavenly Grounds (edited to add this)
Is it a grandfathered house? Do you have more than one house on that account?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it a grandfathered house? Do you have more than one house on that account?
This is a 2 yr old thread. The owner paid and logged in before the house was finished IDOC cycle so they were able to save their house. It was not Hazels house or it would have been full of hay.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is a 2 yr old thread. The owner paid and logged in before the house was finished IDOC cycle so they were able to save their house. It was not Hazels house or it would have been full of hay.
And BTW, it was well worth getting a BS Trial Account ""BANNED"" !! ALSO, I was -stupid- and bought 80 bales of HAY with an empty backpack. The scripter and I were well aware of each other as I placed bales of HAY to block his paths. Humorous conversations with them. And I had to empty my backpack one tile at a time so I decrease weight and move. GM banned my account because my backpack was full of HAY BALES. LOL LOL ... BUT, and another BUT, did you not2 ice that rewards for TRIAL accounts were """SHARD ONLY""" at the next EVENT!!

And another BTW for those not in the know. This is the arse Hazel that played on LS. Many good times, many good interactions at FEL Despise with the REDS that always killed me, LOL. Loved selling stuff for 2 gold. Be safe everyone.

Happy Holidays
Hazel of LS

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some people in this topic are just upset bc they missed their payday, in another word, pure greed, they missed the chance to "score" on another IDOC, this is why IDOC's need to be GONE forever from the game.
If IDOC'S had been done away with long ago some people would not have had the opportunity to own a house or at the very least there would be less larger homes. Be careful what you wish for :oops:

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy thread necro... However on topic, if someone is going to play the 90-day shuffle and gets burned, I have zero sympathy. The 90-day grace period is there to handle RL emergencies; if you're using it to circumvent paying for an account monthly and then encounter an RL issue that drives you over 90 days, tough nuts. You rolled the dice; you took your chances.

Miretar

Journeyman
Holy thread necro... However on topic, if someone is going to play the 90-day shuffle and gets burned, I have zero sympathy. The 90-day grace period is there to handle RL emergencies; if you're using it to circumvent paying for an account monthly and then encounter an RL issue that drives you over 90 days, tough nuts. You rolled the dice; you took your chances.
Trust me, sometimes 90 days is not enough.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me, sometimes 90 days is not enough.
Are you trying to state that 90 days is not enough time to scrape together $13 to keep an account active for another month? Or $35 to keep it active for another 3 months?
And if it's not about the money how hard is it to keep an active cc on file no matter what your circumstances. I guess someone in the military could potentially have a conflict if they get deployed and within the next 3 months their cc on file expires but that is one heck of a long shot and should not be the basis for revamping an entire system that is well thought out and currently working just fine.

Miretar

Journeyman
If 90 days are not enough, you have bigger worries than your digital house falling
True. But the house can be something to look forward to for people going through a major health crisis.
Are you trying to state that 90 days is not enough time to scrape together $13 to keep an account active for another month? Or $35 to keep it active for another 3 months?
And if it's not about the money how hard is it to keep an active cc on file no matter what your circumstances. I guess someone in the military could potentially have a conflict if they get deployed and within the next 3 months their cc on file expires but that is one heck of a long shot and should not be the basis for revamping an entire system that is well thought out and currently working just fine.
This is not about money. This is about the possibility that someone may be experiencing a major, traumatic crisis. When this happens a person’s focus narrows.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True. But the house can be something to look forward to for people going through a major health crisis.

This is not about money. This is about the possibility that someone may be experiencing a major, traumatic crisis. When this happens a person’s focus narrows.
That is a possibility but 90 days should still be considered adequate to sort things out. Especially considering that anyone that truly values their UO possessions should be using a cc for recurring payment which would then give them payment until the cc expires. The % of players that fall outside these parameters has to be minute. Someone getting in a bad car accident or having a serious illness would be the rare exceptions and that is not reason enough to tie up all housing forever. No way someone should quit playing but have their house stand unoccupied forever

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The issue is and I have tried to explain this numerous times... the 90-day timer is just fine... if you work it. Though I still say it's stupid... if you can't pay for a 6-month sub then that's on you... at a 6 month sub, the price is under 10 a month... seriously...

Anyway ... this is where the problem comes in... ANYTIME they mess with the housing timer... as in taking it down... doing a publish or updating it... or any of that matter... the shards go down for any reason whatsoever, outside normal maintenance... where the housing servers are taken down or jacked with... This WILL mess with that 90-day timer... it can shorten it drastically... as in cut 10 or more days off... so if you aren't paying attention to notices regarding this timer... and you just go off the calendar to tell you when your time is up... and don't log in or check your house that you have been playing roulette with doing the pay one month on 3 months off... you will lose your house. Just saying. I know many people who have lost houses to this.

I do not play roulette with my accounts. I have several... they are paid always.

I agree if you can't afford the few bucks a month for a sub... then you have much larger issues and should probably be doing something about those rather than gaming... and maybe you'd be better playing something that doesn't take a sub... like No Man's Sky... or something. I would suggest the game "Going Medieval" it's in Beta right now... rather addictive and lots of fun... however NOT multiplayer... So you are alone in your realm... but you are god... so it matters not. No Man's Sky is also addictive... and it's multiplayer... has a nice bunch of players with loads of Discord servers... and such... However, neither of those games will play on your 1999 PC... if that is why you play UO. Both will require a good PC... and both are 3D... though Going Medieval is more um... like Minecraftish graphics-wise...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the saving of houses used to piss me off. wait 15 hours and house goes osi, houses goes thr idoc process again and wait another 14 to 15 hours before it gets saved lol. it doesn't bother me as much now but some may have better chance to get house saved than others. there are so many scripters groups of 5 or more at any good idoc, this is the real issue for many honest idoc players. i wish devs/gms would go to any good idoc to stop the illegal program using scripters. these good idocs get looted so fast with these groups, its a sight to see.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the saving of houses used to piss me off. wait 15 hours and house goes osi, houses goes thr idoc process again and wait another 14 to 15 hours before it gets saved lol. it doesn't bother me as much now but some may have better chance to get house saved than others. there are so many scripters groups of 5 or more at any good idoc, this is the real issue for many honest idoc players. i wish devs/gms would go to any good idoc to stop the illegal program using scripters. these good idocs get looted so fast with these groups, its a sight to see.
They are a huge part of why the IDOCs are the way they are now. They are why the Trade Ministers will bark the locations of all idocs, ... they are why we have a timer on it saying exactly when it will fall, why the vet rewards and all stackables are now gone ... and why the stupid barrels... but ..... they are the reason behind all of that... does it impact them? Not so much... though assisting everyone else on the shards to know what the scripters already had all their cheating programs for to tell them exactly where and when every house was going to fall on every shard... so we can actually attempt to thwart them in the slightest by getting what a small meager 10% of the loot... yeah.... bet that really hurts them... but do we get the plots? Not hardly... maybe 5% of the time. The rest of the time it's the scripters.