• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 105 Forgotten Treasures Release 2 on Test Center

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to know about this!

New Equipment is available in Treasure Chest Loot (Cache and above)
  • Human/Elf and Gargish Skull Longsword
  • Human/Elf and Gargish Skull Gnarled Staff
  • Human/Elf and Gargish Octopus Necklace
  • Found as imbuable in Artisan Chests, randomly generated magical properties in all other chests.
Anybody have pics and the specials on the Longsword? Or are they the same. (Armor Ignore and Concussion Blow)

Can they be reforged?

O snap the imbuable ones are in the artisan chests. I was hoping to not do those.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to know about this!

New Equipment is available in Treasure Chest Loot (Cache and above)
  • Human/Elf and Gargish Skull Longsword
  • Human/Elf and Gargish Skull Gnarled Staff
  • Human/Elf and Gargish Octopus Necklace
  • Found as imbuable in Artisan Chests, randomly generated magical properties in all other chests.
Anybody have pics and the specials on the Longsword? Or are they the same. (Armor Ignore and Concussion Blow)

Can they be reforged?

O snap the imbuable ones are in the artisan chests. I was hoping to not do those.
Why do you not want to do the artisan chests?? The mobs are the same, no matter the theme, just depend on the facet. There's no heavy resource stuff in the artisan cache, horde, and trove chests that may have these special items. The only thing they would have versus the other themes is a recipe scroll, and I think those will be rare. I suppose one of the deco items might be heavy, but I kind of doubt it.

Are you going to be giving the artisan cache, horde, and trove maps to someone else to do or something?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a lot of trouble finding the chests so I dont really want to do them unless there is something I want in them. The locker gives coords but when I dig at that spot It takes me a long time to move around and find the chest. I can not use EC.

I was hoping to get Dex armor from the Ranger chests. Looks like my Bows will still be imbued.

I have lots of useless ML ingredients already and the SA ingredients are cheap.

Making a Luck suit is not something I want to do, and skilling a new skill is not something I want to do.

I have told a couple of Players on LS that I will help them kill stuff when they do T Hunts. Ill give any maps to them and go along for the killing. There are enough players on LS that like T hunting so I will get the deco from them. And hope I get some of the new equipment I mentioned above.

Like I told kyronix when this started, there are a lot of quiet players that do T Hunting. If this is a revamp it should be better than what they do now. They drop the items in Luna and yell out in chat.

I am involved in the discussion for them. They do not use the forums and the first thing they ask is "will the loot be better" Gold, gems and ingredients is not Loot to them. They have that stuff.

Keep posting the Loot you find:

• Randomly generated magic equipment has had a quality pass, placing more weight on artifact-level intensities.
Thank you for participating in the testing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a lot of trouble finding the chests so I dont really want to do them unless there is something I want in them. The locker gives coords but when I dig at that spot It takes me a long time to move around and find the chest. I can not use EC.

I was hoping to get Dex armor from the Ranger chests. Looks like my Bows will still be imbued.

I have lots of useless ML ingredients already and the SA ingredients are cheap.

Making a Luck suit is not something I want to do, and skilling a new skill is not something I want to do.

I have told a couple of Players on LS that I will help them kill stuff when they do T Hunts. Ill give any maps to them and go along for the killing. There are enough players on LS that like T hunting so I will get the deco from them. And hope I get some of the new equipment I mentioned above.

Like I told kyronix when this started, there are a lot of quiet players that do T Hunting. If this is a revamp it should be better than what they do now. They drop the items in Luna and yell out in chat.

I am involved in the discussion for them. They do not use the forums and the first thing they ask is "will the loot be better" Gold, gems and ingredients is not Loot to them. They have that stuff.

Keep posting the Loot you find:

• Randomly generated magic equipment has had a quality pass, placing more weight on artifact-level intensities.
Thank you for participating in the testing.
I have only one t-hunter now with GM mining, all the rest have just 51 mining, so I guess I'm used to doing a little bit of searching for the right spot.

What I've been finding on TC is that if I stand in the middle of the square based on the locker coordinates (e.g., 1 30' N 2 30'E, which is totally made up), then I usually find the chest by trying the spots about two tiles directly north, south, east or west of the t-hunter. This is with just having GM cartography and 0 mining, since cartography is supposed to take the place of mining for purposes of locating the chest. Sometimes, yes, I do have to move closer to an edge of the tile to find it. But I've usually found it within 3-5 strikes, sometimes on the first one.

I have a strong feeling I will need to make much better luck suits for my t-hunters because a lot of the chests, even this afternoon and evening, have very little in them but gold and gems. I haven't done any of the cache or higher so I can't tell if the randomly generated equipment has improved. But the drop rate for SoTs, SoAs, and anything else special besides ingots, boards, and leather in artisan stash chests, doesn't seem much better than what it was. And now with the news that you have to solve puzzles to do the horde and trove chests PLUS have remove trap trained up, I just don't know. Other than adding the ML ingredients to a few chests, this doesn't feel like it's better than what we have now. It really feels like we're somehow being punished or something. Training remove trap sucks. It really does. And doing puzzles and knowing I'll never get them right and will always blow up something in the chest is not an incentive at all.

I'll keep testing and I'm going to try to char copy a better luck suit over to TC, if copying works, and keep giving feedback. But unless something changes, I'm just not getting very excited about this and kind of wondering if I should do all the maps I already have. I've even tried going hunting on production shards to get more maps and the drop rate seems to have been cut way back so it takes forever to get anything and it's boring as heck to do it too.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did 2 Hoard maps (former level 6) and you now have to solve a puzzle to remove the trap. WTF! 1st off I really hate puzzles. My char had GM Remove Trap and when I went to remove the trap it popped up a puzzle. I moved puzzle to the side thinking maybe I didn't have to solve this but noooooo. You have to solve the puzzle to open it. All we asked for was a bump in loot and to remove some of the garbage that comes in them. Not sure why they did this, but this means I will be hanging up my t-hunter skills. I'm pretty depressed about this change.

Edit: meant Remove Trap not Cartography.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was under the impression that the puzzles were the new and easier way to train Remove Trap.

Petition for those puzzles to go away once you have GM skill? Maybe he has them turned on no matter what skill so they can be tested. That is what I hope.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that the puzzles were the new and easier way to train Remove Trap.

Petition for those puzzles to go away once you have GM skill? Maybe he has them turned on no matter what skill so they can be tested. That is what I hope.
No, it says it right in the publish notes in the section titled "Treasure Chest Locks & Traps":

• Locks and traps have been reactivated on Treasure Chests.
  • Stash (1), Supply (2), and Cache (3) Treasure Chests,
    • Can be unlocked using Lockpicking or Magic Unlock, depending on skill
    • Can be untrapped using Remove Trap or Magic Untrap, depending on skill.
    • Are trapped with an explosion trap, that if activated via direct use or telekinesis will cause a large explosion damaging those nearby and some of the items inside the chest being destroyed.
  • Horde (4) and Trove (5) Treasure Chests,
    • Must be unlocked using the Lockpicking Skill.
    • Must be untrapped using Remove Trap.
    • Are trapped with 1 of 3 (circuit, cylinder, and slider) puzzle traps that must be disarmed before accessing the chest.
      • Circuit Trap – increased grid side with trap level, ability to use Remove Trap skill to decipher the path with higher Remove Trap skill
      • Cylinder Trap – increased number of hints with higher Remove Trap skill
      • Slider Trap – longer failure timeouts with higher Remove Trap skill
    • Failed attempts at unlocking the chests will result in an item being destroyed and/or a grubber spawning.
    • Failed attempts at disarming the puzzle trap will result in a chance at an item being destroyed, depending on Remove Trap skill, with a lesser chance the higher the Remove Trap skill.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just did 2 Hoard maps (former level 6) and you now have to solve a puzzle to remove the trap. WTF! 1st off I really hate puzzles. My char had GM Cartography and when I went to remove the trap it popped up a puzzle. I moved puzzle to the side thinking maybe I didn't have to solve this but noooooo. You have to solve the puzzle to open it. All we asked for was a bump in loot and to remove some of the garbage that comes in them. Not sure why they did this, but this means I will be hanging up my t-hunter skills. I'm pretty depressed about this change.

I know several people who like the addition of the puzzles to the remove trap, including people who never really played their thunters before. They are now excited about the thunting changes and wanting to do the new maps. You are essentially removing a trap by completing the puzzle.

. treasurenotes2.PNG

Per the patch notes, you can still do stash, supply and cache without having to do a puzzle.

Tina beat me by seconds.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did 2 Hoard maps (former level 6) and you now have to solve a puzzle to remove the trap. WTF! 1st off I really hate puzzles. My char had GM Cartography and when I went to remove the trap it popped up a puzzle. I moved puzzle to the side thinking maybe I didn't have to solve this but noooooo. You have to solve the puzzle to open it. All we asked for was a bump in loot and to remove some of the garbage that comes in them. Not sure why they did this, but this means I will be hanging up my t-hunter skills. I'm pretty depressed about this change.

Yup, i'm doing as many maps as I can before these changes go live and then im going to probably sell my maps. I don't want this to be a job.

Better and less amount of loot is all we needed.

The development team for this game is just off the deep end. Seriously. They are slowly killing everything in the game. They killed bods. They killed Doom. They killed collections. They killed crafting. T-hunting right behind. Its just so stupid. 5% of the effort was all that was needed. They overcomplicated it for no reason again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not wanting to do puzzles either... and What I REALLY want to know is what is the "group" supposed to be doing while I'm futzing with the stupid puzzle?

Seriously they want me to take a party of people to stand about and pick their noses while I'm futzing with a puzzle for 10 min????? WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT!?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I saw that note with the puzzles and my heart sank even further, I'm really bad at puzzles, if I wanted a workout every time I opened a treasure chest I'd be playing ESO. I find that kind of thing quite frustrating. I better get all my maps done that I had been saving, I probably won't be playing after June.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The puzzles and the need for remove trap skill will only be on what are now considered ingeniously drawn and diabolically drawn maps. Can someone please post some screen shots of what the puzzles look like?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a joke.. puzzles to remove the traps and 200 extra skill points.
You no longer need mining skill. You don't need detect hidden skill. If you decide to use remove trap skill vs. using Magic Untrap spell, 50 points and maybe even less is sufficient for opening stash and supply maps. Haven't tried any cache maps yet, but that may be enough for those too or you can use Magic Untrap skill. Supposedly, you could get by without lockpicking skill either for the stash, supply, and cache maps and use Magic Unlock spell on them.

You do need to use lockpicking and remove trap skill for the horde (former ingenious) and trove (former diabolical) maps, but the notes make it sound like you might be able to get by with less than GM remove trap skill if you're willing to sacrifice some items. Even with GM remove trap skill, though, it looks like you might lose items.

I don't know if anyone has tried digging up a map with 0 cartography skill yet. Even with GM cartography skill, it can be annoying to find a chest on TC.

Sorry, just random thoughts this early.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know several people who like the addition of the puzzles to the remove trap, including people who never really played their thunters before. They are now excited about the thunting changes and wanting to do the new maps. You are essentially removing a trap by completing the puzzle.

. View attachment 97810

Per the patch notes, you can still do stash, supply and cache without having to do a puzzle.

Tina beat me by seconds.
Glad you think that i'll be happy doing the lower end maps. I only do 5-7 today so why would I be happy to just do lower ones to avoid the puzzles. I generally do Level 5 Fel ones and 6's in Fel & Tram solo (1 char not dual client) and do 7's with a couple of friends. As @MalagAste said what are the friends doing while I'm figuring out a puzzle for 5-10 mins. I really HATE this change tbh. It wasn't asked for and definitely wasn't wanted. What's next changing lockpicking to line up the gears in the lock? What other skill requires you to do anything but USE the skill on something? I already have GM Remove from back in the faction days using my sigil thief so I don't have to train it. Total BS BS.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Overly complicated and not asked for . Dissapointing. I prefer to do T-maps on my own when friends are not about. No way I will drag them with me on T-hunts just wasting their time while i struggle for half an hour with a slider puzzle and most likely have to give up. Having people standing behind me waiting will stress me out. I can only pray they dont destroy the fishing qests even more. :sad3:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was doing all levels by myself before, now I need to raise a new skill, make a luck suit, learn to do stupid puzzles, find people to come hunt with me when I have the time and inclination to do so, just to get back to where I was before but with a more complicated system and worse loot? And they wonder why people leave....

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crap. Add me to the list that absolutely despises puzzles. I play UO to relax after abusing my brain at work all day - the last thing I want to do is more problem solving!!

As it is now, I'll have to stick to lower level maps and casting magic unlock and remove trap. At least I can stone off lockpicking now.

Well on the plus side, I won't have to train remove trap anymore since I will NOT do puzzles to raise a skill... Nope. No. Nuh Uh. Doing 10,000 puzzles to get to GM is literally my version of hell.

[Edit - removed suggestion of choosing between RT and Puzzle, as training RT would be torture]

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Exactly what I been saying all along... was fine doing chests myself... Now I need an audience to be bored stiff while I do some stupid puzzle for 10 min?

I pity anyone who comes along on a treasure map...

I'm sorry but most folk have no attention span by the time someone finishes opening the chest their friends will have gone on to do something else. Probably something less boring and far more fun. This if fun for only ONE person... the one doing the puzzle if they like them. Everyone else is gonna be dozing off.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly what I been saying all along... was fine doing chests myself... Now I need an audience to be bored stiff while I do some stupid puzzle for 10 min?
Well, if you do Fel maps, that will be a nice delay to give more time for PK's to find you while you're futzing with the trap. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, if you do Fel maps, that will be a nice delay to give more time for PK's to find you while you're futzing with the trap. ;)
I do a lot of Fel Maps... for the pinks.

Edit: But from the sounds of this I'll be better off just doing Trade Deals..

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I lvoe trade deals. Never can have enough of those scales... :/

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will stick to the ships in STO. pew pew pew FTW!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the slider puzzles, get the bottom row done first. Then the middle row. Do the top row last.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The thread where quite a few people said the same thing has already been closed, they don't want to know.
Ya, @Kyronix @Bleak this whole Treasure Chest "revamp/upgrade" is turning out to be a sad/bad joke "Charlie Foxtrot". But now, a lot of people won't post THERE, because , when that thread started, the link to the "notes" didn't work. 3 or 4 people, trying to be helpful, posted that, in the thread, and then the posts were deleted, for "not following the specific format". How sad is it that a "specific format" was created for that thread? The fact that that @Kyronix felt, for whatever reason, the need to do so, should be ALL the information they need to know that, "Hey, maybe WE are REALLY screwing up here"! For me, If I NOW have to solve a frakin' puzzle to open a frakin' treasure chest, I will just find something else to do. NOW, if the items WERE worth the effort, then MAYBE, but my God, have you people seen the CRAP that is in the "new and improved" chests. It's worse than before!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Keith of Sonoma If you don't agree with the changes then you are not entitled to have an opinion, on something some of us have been doing for years. I'd like to know how many t-hunts the Dev Team have done. This whole revamp is making me very unhappy.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way, your really going to not hand me the loot! You mean I might have to use a character slot or buy some soul stones? Pancaking hell I am a anti- social and you want me to do what in UO.. I been paying for for twenty years.... what you cray-cray? I would really like to peep in your medicine cabinets.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you didn't read the now-locked thread on the official forums, throw away any Ranger maps that you may have brought over and acquired on TC in the 1st stage of testing Publish 105 because they're bugged. Get new maps on TC from the clickies and use them instead.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We already have puzzles for those that like them.
S.A. has the floor puzzles and others I have never done.
You unlock the tiger cub cages with a puzzle.
There's the Grubbix quest with the Simon puzzle. I am not fast enough to do that.
Puzzles on holiday chests.
Kotl city puzzle.
Stealing the doom items puzzle.
Navrey rock drop.
One more I thought of and forgot.
Probably more.

We do not need another one.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed on TC that there are two new blue clickies so you can test the puzzles on Horde and Trove maps without having any mobs. Looks like you get a map and then you have to go dig it up. I checked Fel Brit and Zento and didn't see any blue clickies there, so I'm guessing you will only be able to get Trammel maps for the no-mob horde and trove map puzzle testing.

no mob horde and trove maps.jpg

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I REALLY want to know is what is the "group" supposed to be doing while I'm futzing with the stupid puzzle?

Likely, fight the Guardians of the Chest which spawned ?

Because, as I understand it, now, while working to remove the Trap, this will not unhide the Treasure Hunter.....

So, while the Treasure Hunter is hidden, working to solve the Puzzle and remove the Trap, the rest of the group can work on killing the Guardians....

To me, it looks like great and fun Design....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, till an area spell reveals you...and you get to start all over again

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Terrible idea to add puzzles. Way to ruin a unique part of UO. I suggest to everyone never to request something to be changed by this dev team no matter how simple. We asked for better loot from T-maps (not end game loot just fricken useable loot) and we get this pile of pancakes. Seriously dissapointing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Because, as I understand it, now, while working to remove the Trap, this will not unhide the Treasure Hunter.....

So, while the Treasure Hunter is hidden, working to solve the Puzzle and remove the Trap, the rest of the group can work on killing the Guardians....

Popps, you have to unlock the chest first before you can do the puzzle by using remove trap skill.

You cannot unlock the chest until the initial spawn is all dead.

Therefore, once the initial spawn is dead, the t-hunter will unlock the chest and then start working on the puzzle. What will everyone else be doing at that point? All the initial spawn will be dead. They will have to stand around and wait and hope for more stuff to spawn, but that will probably happen one monster at a time. Then, when the puzzle is done and the treasure hunter can look in the chest, there won't be very much in it: A bag of gold and gems; a few randomly generated pieces of armor, weapons, or jewelry (9-13 or so, depending on how many are in the party and the chest quality); maybe a t-map; maybe a deco item; and if in Fel, maybe a 105 or 110 power scroll. So we're talking about 13-17 items for the treasure hunter to collect out of the chest. (Don't forget that the horde and trove chests do not contain any of the following: reagents, resources or ingredients, artifacts, SoTs, SoAs, or recipes.)

And keep in mind that if the treasure hunter is not very good at doing puzzles, things in the chest will be destroyed. You might have nothing left in the chest if the puzzle is a really difficult one.

Given the small number of items in the horde and trove chests, it won't take long to loot that stuff and then I guess the group you brought can go home and figure out what's good and what's not and who gets the good stuff.

It will not be same as it is now where you bring up a chest with lots of items in it and can take your time dragging it out to make more mobs spawn for the group to fight over. Those days are going to be pretty much gone.

Last edited:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Figures you would chime in with something and not know what you are talking about. You can not remove the trap( Puzzle) until you pick the lock. You cannot pick the lock until all guardians are killed. Tell us again how great and fun this will be.

And on a fun note, the puzzles will almost never be done correctly on the first try. So with less items in the chest to start now there will be even less to sort through with items going poof on failures.
I tried with the training kits
  • The slider puzzle is time consuming, I have only gotten one picture and am wondering if that is the only picture, if so then once you figure it out it would be the same moves each time. But I dont know if it will be different every time.
  • The circuit trap is luck on which way to go. So if you are feeling lucky and dont mind missing an item or 2 from the chest give it a try.
  • The cylinder trap is the same one that was in that dungeon event. Going to take about 5 failures to get this one solved if you get lucky. So lots of poofing items in that chest.

Tina beat me to it