• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 105 Forgotten Treasures Release 2 on Test Center

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I took the advice and I went and did 3 maps. That was quite underwhelming :( So few items, nothing of use, no pinks or blues, no resources, just an Hourglass and an Ancient Weapon. Two rusty chests, one normal metal one. All cache, Assassin, Mage and Ranger.
Thanks for doing a couple of chests on TC1!

It would be a little more help if you can give some extra info like what was your Carto at when you got the rusty chests? What was your luck? What facet?

I certainly think it's an issue that it appears almost no chests are giving things other than weapons/armor. The ratio seems very broken at the moment.

@Pawain -Thanks for this list, I must have overlooked it. This actually somewhat explains why all 20 or so of the chests I've done (Horde + Trove) haven't had anything in them except weapons/armor. I think it is a huge issue that they are limiting the highest end chests to what they have in them based on the notes. For example, we can't get a scroll of alacrity or Trans from doing the two highest chests and we can't get utility items either or Minor Artifacts (carto glasses)? This seems backwards... I feel like at the highest level chest those should be items that could/would be included and this is all the more reason that I think the Devs are essentially nerfing high end chests.

I'm also not a huge fan of the different "packages" (mage / assassin / ranger / etc) because as I've said before it completely segregates things and now previously if I was doing chests for a chance at loot (which is usually far and few between) at least I could collect my 6 essence, 35k gold, maybe a keeper refinement, maybe a mana orb etc to offset the time it takes to dig up the chest and kill the spawn.

@Kyronix - While I'm not a fan of mage vs assassin vs ranger vs warrior chest; I do kind of see what they are trying to do (in a good way) and maybe people do like this idea so I'm fine with keeping those packages but PLEASE can we get rid of artisan chests and just lump those things back into every other package? I think it's a little ridiculous that gold/resources/refinements/recipes would be the only things that come in these chests and wouldn't be in any other chests. To me the artisan chest (based on below) isn't worth digging up itself because refinements/resources/materials/recipes by themselves aren't something to target... that said they are a nice consolation prize in other chests where I get a bunch of junk but hey at least I got some essence or a good refinement.

• Treasure Maps (All packages, up to Horde)
    • +1 over the current level of map
  • Refinements (Artisan Stash)
  • Minor Artifacts (All packages, Supply)
    • Legacy Minor artifacts & Pub 67 Artifacts
    • Legendary Cartography Glasses (+1-5 Cartography)
  • Scrolls of Alacrity (All packages, Supply)
    • Skill is based on package and facet
  • Special Crafting Materials (Artisan, Supply)
    • Essences, Mondain’s Legacy Ingredients available based on facet
  • Recipe Scrolls (Artisan Supply & Cache)
    • Legacy recipe scrolls
  • Powerscrolls (Felucca Only, All packages except Artisan, Horde and above)
    • Skill is based on package and level is based on chest quality up to +10
  • Decorative Items (All packages when available, Cache and above)
    • Legacy & New Decorative Items based on package and facet
    • New: Hourglass Table, Decorative Ancient Weapons
  • Utility Items (Assassin, Artisan, and Ranger Supply)
    • Legacy & New Utility Items based on package
    • New: Shield Engraving Tool
  • Scrolls of Transcendence (All packages, Stash)
    • Skill & value based on package and facet
  • Crafting Materials (Artisan Stash & Supply)
    • Wood, Metal, or Leather

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the first round of testing, Artisan Cache chests (and presumably Horde and Trove) had all kinds of cloth hats in them. However, I haven't found a single hat in an Artisan chest so far this round of testing. There are a few other hats specific to the other themes, such as bandanas for assassin, wizard hats for mage, and tricorne hats for warrior, plus maybe one or two others I've forgotten. But it seems to me that the missing hats are what are making the Artisan cache, horde, and trove chests look so empty. No idea why they're missing. It has to be another bug.

Since they still testing things up, dont you think is time to also change the whole concept of Digging the chest up and actually change in a way that we can TAKE the chest away after a cool down time or so, instead of Decay???
I mea, all the trouble, all the mobs, all this new hard thing to do, puzzles and all and you have a chance of the chest DECAY??? After I worked so hard to dig up??

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Keven2002 I have GM cartography and I've never used a luck suit. I didn't change my template at all from my normal one, I still have 90 mining on it, no remove trap or anything new.

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With no more lvl 7 chests, what happens to the Frost Dragons? Do they spawn in other places besides lvl 7 chest spawn? Will they be in the new lvl 5 spawn?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 I have GM cartography and I've never used a luck suit. I didn't change my template at all from my normal one, I still have 90 mining on it, no remove trap or anything new.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully @Kyronix reads this thread and sees that even at GM Carto (which I thought determined rusty vs metal or gold) was giving rusty chests. My opinion is that if you see a rusty chest, you might as well just destroy it since that's below a metal chest and even a metal chest gives subpar loot (and as of right now no other goodies are populating in chests like alacrity scroll etc). They really did introduce too many layers for the treasure chests... on top of the facet type stuff (thinking Felluca) and levels we have now (which they still tweaked), there will be a "package" which is basically a profession (mage/assassin/etc), AND rusty/metal/gold option chest. So we have 7 facets (Fel/Tram/Malas/Tok/Ter Mur/Ilsh/Eodon) X 5 levels of maps X 5 packages (Artisan/Mage/Assassin/Ranger/Warrior) X 3 chest level (rusty/metal/gold) for a grand total of 525 possible outcomes. Granted I'd likely only hunt the higher level spawn to do the top 2 level maps, that's still 210 possible outcomes.

I think they need to at the very least scrap the idea of the rusty/metal/gold chest. There is just too much RNG being applied to treasure hunting with these changes and if there is a chance to get better loot I haven't seen it. These chest changes all combined really just feel like we are making it a lottery. There is a reason I don't waste my time on playing the lottery; sure there is potential to be the "big winner" but almost every time you certainly will not be. Based on my testing I really do think I'd be better off using my time to kill mobs (1 RNG) instead of hoping for a long series of RNG to pay off.

With no more lvl 7 chests, what happens to the Frost Dragons? Do they spawn in other places besides lvl 7 chest spawn? Will they be in the new lvl 5 spawn?
Yes the Frost Dragons are still currently spawning when I pulled loot out of the Trove chest so I'd assume they will still be present with the other changes

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next time someone does a write up on the hors or trove, put no ingredients as a dislike.

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been doing hoard/Horde maps on TC. Only chest with a map in it I could not get access to since there was a tree on one tile next to the chest which evidently blocked my ability to reach into the chest from any one of the other 7 tiles. I found no blues or pinks, no skeleton keys, no ancient items, no forged pardon etc. Other than the gold I found nothing worth keeping. I'm now back on legends to do as many maps as I can before the publish. The old maps were not that bad, I just hoped for some new items and maybe a few less worthless pieces. Now you open the chest and there is virtually nothing in it.