• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Modern Sampire

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Being fast is never the only factor and doing the same thing a different way is in no way akin to playing a 'just for fun' build. You can maximise a template for damage against a particular fight, however, you can also die easier than a more defensive template doing the same thing. Risk is what makes UO the kind of game where one size doesn't fit all. Certain fights can be done equally well with melee or ranged attacks, the ranged will save a lot of skill points and gear slots that the melee doesn't, and use them for other things making them more well rounded so they don't have to change their template as often. This is another factor that has nothing to do with speed or damage. Personal preference doesn't equate to the same as their method being less effective.

In fact if they can kill the same boss you can using less resources I would say they are more effective.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being fast is never the only factor and doing the same thing a different way is in no way akin to playing a 'just for fun' build. You can maximise a template for damage against a particular fight, however, you can also die easier than a more defensive template doing the same thing. Risk is what makes UO the kind of game where one size doesn't fit all. Certain fights can be done equally well with melee or ranged attacks, the ranged will save a lot of skill points and gear slots that the melee doesn't, and use them for other things making them more well rounded so they don't have to change their template as often. This is another factor that has nothing to do with speed or damage. Personal preference doesn't equate to the same as their method being less effective.
Somewhat agree. But moder sampire is not just for maximize damage.. it is making max damage without losing survivability. Modern sampire it is a lot more defensive (mostly because of high leeches) AND do a lot more damage = effectiveness. Try endgame (Travestry, Corgul and Roof) as I said and you see the difference on defensive AND damage.

And yes ranged have its own places (Like soloing Exodus or myrmide queen etc...) I don't complain against it.
Lady Melissande is also good example where I use ranged over melee. It is easy with wraith archer but REALLY hard (almost impossible sometimes?) with modern sampire.

We should more like compare old 720% skill + DCI 45% + normal resistances VS moder sampire with 800% skills + DCI 20 + over capped resistances... And yes moder sampire is always better choice and it is always better than "Dragoon build".

In fact if they can kill the same boss you can using less resources I would say they are more effective.
Yeh... yes I really really reallly respect if somebody can beast bosses with minimal resources....
but:
This is not the thread where we try success on less resources/fun build... This is just for pure effectiveness. We need do other thread for it and I totally post my fight there?

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When we talk only about normal "champpion spawns":
I think the biggest problem on old sampire is that he is "forced" to use 120% of skill to RS on many situations to survive. Moder sampire can survive with out all normal champion spawns.. and this makes possible to use 200%! more skills points on effective skills vs old sampire.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Somewhat agree. But moder sampire is not just for maximize damage.. it is making max damage without losing survivability. Modern sampire it is a lot more defensive (mostly because of high leeches) AND do a lot more damage = effectiveness. Try endgame (Travestry, Corgul and Roof) as I said and you see the difference on defensive AND damage.
You have lost survivability because you're talking about a template that is entirely dependent on hitting/damage/leeching and there are increasing numbers of encounters where those mechanics do not work. Whether that's due to being frozen, anti-life leech, massive SSI penalties, high Wrestle opponents or whatever. That is why Ninja, Stone Form and Spellweaving builds exist.

moder sampire is always better choice and it is always better than "Dragoon build".
That's complete nonsense.

This is not the thread where we try success on less resources/fun build.
It is the thread for it if you're going to make farcical claims about the template you're trying to coin.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's complete nonsense.
Err.. Tell me one example where dragoon is better than modern sampire? Just one example.

You have lost survivability because you're talking about a template that is entirely dependent on hitting/damage/leeching and there are increasing numbers of encounters where those mechanics do not work. Whether that's due to being frozen, anti-life leech, massive SSI penalties, high Wrestle opponents or whatever. That is why Ninja, Stone Form and Spellweaving builds exist.
Yeh there is content which is even impossible to modern sampire... I don't argue about it o_O. Or do I?

Look what I said about Lady Melissande, Myrmadex Queen and Exodus earlier.. Just for example.

It is the thread for it if you're going to make farcical claims about the template you're trying to coin.
Nope. You have totally misunderstood this thread (As I said it before).. or you "misunderstood" it purposely? :)

I do not say that use this build everywhere over everything (Yes this suck on PVP and this cannot even hit Myrmadex Queen!). This is just heavy upgrade for dragoons and old sampires.

Your comments become very very farcical :)

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My way, I don't have to press a button for divine fury either. Less buttons + faster times = more efficient champ spawn completion.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Less buttons + faster times = more efficient champ spawn completion.
:wall:

Why you still try to mislead people and make real harm to them?

Divine fury makes champs faster... Seems like you do not read the thread at all.

And yes as I said earlier: I had a just same kind build that you have (at 2012). DCI 45, not refinements, RS, woodland parts but I have updated it many times just because it is so slow. It is an easy/cheap suit for champs but slow... totally ok but slow and end game stuff (As Doom , Traestry, Roof etc) are really hard with it. You should try even "Dragoon" over your sampire:
The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)

You win with divine fury:
Hit Chance Increase: +15%
Damage Increase: +20%
Swing Speed Increase: +15%

You lose with divine fury:
-10 DCI
- Lot effectiveness and speed on a champ

So where comes your efficient?

Pro tip that you seems not to know: Divine fury is instant cast spell so it does no take time.

Divine fury, confidence, and evasion are things you should master for most efficient sampire PVM. It might be bit harder because you need to press other button than attack also.. but really worth of mastering this.

Ps. I just tested my build with and without RS (Undeath and arachnid champs) both were about 10-15% slower with RS.. Champs are so so so so so easy with new stuff that RS in not needed on champs.

At Doom u should use RS. At Corgul you should use RS. But totally not on champs (if you got good enough build and suit)

The real problem goes here:
With your build/suit champ are a lot harder and you cannot get rid of RS --> Champs goes slow.
You can totally do champs with that build/suit. And it can be fun. But in name of effectiveness it is total no no nowadays.

@chester rockwell I think even semi easy dragon turtle champ (Only champ that drops always many legendaries... as legendary drops players should do this over other champs) is hard and slow for you to your build.. or am I wrong?

I still wait to explain how your build can be faster? And no I do not need worry about mana vampire / paralyze with this build. Also, blood oath with Neira champ is more like bad playing style if I get killed.
And yes.. you might need to worry about those spells with old sampire suid/build.

You should really start own thread for old-school sampire.
Your information is invalid and really make harm for players who try to make a modern new suit and build. I bet you do not try harm people intentionally.. but you do it.
You can totally play with your build and suit. But this is the totally wrong thread for it.

Fact is that modern sampire is always better than old sampire. Modern sampire can use also RS on champs but he does not need do so.. so he get 200% more skills to be more efficient.

To be clear:

If I put now (Modern sampire with RS):
RS 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Parry 100
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 99

I will be LESS effective with CHAMPS than:

Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Parry 100
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 99
(Modern sampire without RS)
Not only damage... but I also survive better because of better leeches.

And you run something like this?
RS 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 50
Parry 90
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 100

Question is:
If my modern sampire with RS is weaker (on champs) than moderen sampire with anatimy... how your build can be stronger? Is there some kind math I don't know?
ANd your chivarly causes you to lose:

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Why you still try to mislead people and make real harm to them?
He isn't. He's stating his preference. The only person 'harming' people with bad information is you trying to coin 'modern sampire' like you've just reinvented the wheel.

Divine fury makes champs faster.
No it doesn't. Because no warrior has ever unknowingly gone out with less than max swing/damage/hit and thought it compared.

And yes as I said earlier: I had a just same kind build that you have (at 2012). DCI 45, not refinements, RS, woodland parts but I have updated it many times just because it is so slow.
Having 45 DCI instead of 20 and refined armour, having Resist Spells, having Woodland parts, have NO EFFECT on SPEED OR DAMAGE. EVERYONE who plays ANY dexxer (then or now) ALWAYS caps those first.

It is an easy/cheap suit for champs but slow... totally ok but slow and end game stuff (As Doom , Traestry, Roof etc) are really hard with it.
They REALLY aren't. People have been soloing that stuff with no problems for years. We've already established that the speed is no different but even if it was it doesn't matter as long as the player lives and gets the reward the result is the same.

Pro tip that you seems not to know: Divine fury is instant cast spell so it does no take time.
Pro tip that you don't seem to know: If you put all your Swing/Hit/DI on your gear you aren't blocked from toggling AI/Double Strike which nets significantly more damage than relying on spells just so that you can add Hit Fireball to your weapon.

Divine fury, confidence, and evasion are things you should master for most efficient sampire PVM. It might be bit harder because you need to press other button than attack also.. but really worth of mastering this.
Even when you're partly right you're trying to come across as so patronising it invalidates what you're saying. There's not really anything to 'master' with Evasion or Confidence. You use Evasion 1) when off-screening and expecting spells/breath to kill you because you're low health, 2) when you're expecting to get dumped on heavily at range, 3) after flagging a large group of enemies and off-screening before running back in to Whirlwind. Confidence when you are off-screen and not about to get hit with spells/breath/other DOT effects.

The real problem goes here:
With your build/suit champ are a lot harder and you cannot get rid of RS --> Champs goes slow.
You can totally do champs with that build/suit. And it can be fun. But in name of effectiveness it is total no no nowadays.
They're really not, and there's no reason he can't swap Resist out for Anatomy if he wanted to, the champ isn't massively slower without Anatomy.

I think even semi easy dragon turtle champ (Only champ that drops always many legendaries... as legendary drops players should do this over other champs) is hard and slow for you to your build.. or am I wrong?
Having Resist instead of Anatomy wouldn't make it any harder.

[
I do not need worry about mana vampire / paralyze with this build. Also, blood oath with Neira champ is more like bad playing style if I get killed.
And yes.. you might need to worry about those spells with old sampire suid/build.

Why is there something about you not using Resist that makes you somehow different from every other person that plays UO? You do have to worry about it, if you're running no Resist as you will always get hit with the full effect of any curse type effects, does it mean your template doesn't work, no, saying you don't worry about them is the kind of false information you're chastising him for.

While we're at it lets add in the monsters like Juo'Nar, BT Necro Captains that give skill loss. That's you popped out of form in the middle of a fight, which equals time spent going to re-cast, that's the second example where a dragoon is better than sampire.

You should really start own thread for old-school sampire.
Repeatedly telling people to make their own threads for challenging you on your nonsense isn't going to happen. As I said, if you make silly statements, expect to get called on it.

Your information is invalid and really make harm for players who try to make a modern new suit and build. I bet you do not try harm people intentionally.. but you do it.
No he doesn't.

Modern sampire can use also RS on champs but he does not need do so.. so he get 200% more skills to be more efficient.
His template doesn't need to either, he chooses to.

Yours does not have 200% more skill.

To be clear:

If I put now (Modern sampire with RS):
RS 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Parry 100
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 99

I will be LESS effective with CHAMPS than:

Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Parry 100
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 99
(Modern sampire without RS)
Not only damage... but I also survive better because of better leeches.
No, it's pretty much only damage that is the difference. Survivability is too subjective to measure in any accurate way here. The difference to leeches will be tiny using the same setup, you're already in Vamp Form and using HLL, which is total overkill for leeching with either setup on a champ spawn. Which means better survivability can only really be gauge from absolute differences like curses/parra/mana vamp in which case the RS template has the advantage.

And you run something like this?
You don't know that he doesn't have the exact same amount of properties (or better) on his gear than you do so this is a stupid thing to come out with.

Question is:
If my modern sampire with RS is weaker (on champs) than moderen sampire with anatimy... how your build can be stronger? Is there some kind math I don't know?
Think you meant with RS, but basically yes apparently math you didn't know, as explained above, with all else being equal it comes down to damage vs survivability. The result is the same, so your conclusion that other templates are obsolete is clearly flawed.

ANd your chivarly causes you to lose:
You don't know what level his Chivalry is, whether he's using it, or whether he has those maxed on suit anyway.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every line writen
Seems like you know very little about game mechanisms. Every line you wrote is total misunderstood or foolishness.
There is no sense at all.

All lines are full of error but here is few:
You don't know what level his Chivalry is, whether he's using it, or whether he has those maxed on suit anyway.
He told it is 50. And never cast DF.

Why is there something about you not using Resist that makes you somehow different from every other person that plays UO?
I said I don't use on normal champs. I totally use RS.. as I have told million times. Just read.

The result is the same, so your conclusion that other templates are obsolete is clearly flawed
When I told that all other templates are obsolete?

Even when you're partly right you're trying to come across as so patronising it invalidates what you're saying. There's not really anything to 'master' with Evasion or Confidence. You use Evasion 1) when off-screening and expecting spells/breath to kill you because you're low health, 2) when you're expecting to get dumped on heavily at range, 3) after flagging a large group of enemies and off-screening before running back in to Whirlwind. Confidence when you are off-screen and not about to get hit with spells/breath/other DOT effects.
Yes you can use them as you say. But master of timing is key for succesfull PVM

No it doesn't. Because no warrior has ever unknowingly gone out with less than max swing/damage/hit and thought it compared.
Since when SSI, DI and HCI doe not affect fights?

is you trying to coin 'modern sampire' like you've just reinvented the wheel.
Nope. This is a somewhat polished version of wheel.

You don't know that he doesn't have the exact same amount of properties (or better) on his gear than you do so this is a stupid thing to come out with.
Err.. he told that he runs with DCI 45, woodland and no refinements o_O

Yours does not have 200% more skill.
How you can count this easy math wrong o_O.
80% from jewerly and 120% from swapping RS.. so 120+80=? (Tip it is not zero)

having Woodland parts, have NO EFFECT on SPEED OR DAMAGE
But it has effects on stamina loss and LMC.. and those affect effectiveness (Why I even need tell this :p). You do not need wood armours HCI /DI bonuses nowadays.. they are good but stamina loss prevent / LMC is better.

I can answer every line... but I think it is not worth it.

Sadly there is not even single line correct. You just try put words to my mouth.

I highly bet you are just trolling :).... Anyways "Not sure if trolling or just..."

All I try say is that there are zero reasons to use old sampire / old suit to be effective nowadays. It is not about opinions.. it is pure math.

Because there is No, Zero + Nada situations where old sampire is better than "moder sampire"

More like:
"is elephant bigger than a monkey"?
"do I survive better if I leech hp more"?
"do I kill the boss faster if I hit more damage"?
"800 skill points better than 720"?
"do I leech more mana if I make more damage"?
"is it good to evade harmful spells"?

In short:
But yes. I can drop my skills from 800 to 720. I can run armor without refinements. I can also swap my Anatomy to RS on champs... I can post results here. But if you have even little understood you should know answer already. I know .. and I bet 99% people know... But Lord God: I can surprise YOU with results!

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
When I told that all other templates are obsolete?
You have repeatedly said that your template is better than sampires and dragoons throughout the entire thread. You then challenged me to name one instance when this was not the case. I gave you two.

Since when SSI, DI and HCI doe not affect fights?
I didn't say they don't affect fights. I'm saying that no one who knows what they're doing would be playing a warrior that didn't max those properties anyway (unless for reasons unknown they did it intentionally) so saying that 'Divine Fury makes anything faster' is false. Whether you rely on Divine or not those properties (the ones for damage and speed) are maxed.

This is a somewhat polished version of wheel.
It's just a sampire.

How you can count this easy math wrong o_O.
80% from jewerly and 120% from swapping RS.. so 120+80=? (Tip it is not zero)
You said you have 200% more skill than someone purely for running Anatomy over Resist. The mods on your suit do not matter as anyone can put the same mods or more on their suit. When you are comparing two things you have to compare them equally otherwise it is a waste of time comparing them. Plus you being able to swap RS for Anatomy doesn't in any way mean that he can't so it wouldn't be 200 points difference. At best you can say you have 80 points on items that someone else doesn't. But who cares, anyone can change a suit and put 80 skill points on it, so this added no weight to any of your arguments.

But it has effects on stamina loss and LMC.. and those affect effectiveness (Why I even need tell this :p). You do not need wood armours HCI /DI bonuses nowadays.. they are good but stamina loss prevent / LMC is better.
You said that using Woodland made you 'so slow'. It doesn't have any bearing on your ability to swing at the cap or your damage therefore any fight compared equally would be the same length. I never said anything about needing wood bonuses, I addressed your false claim that an encounter would be slower in some way from using them.

You just try put words to my mouth.
Yeah I can see how directly quoting what you wrote is putting words in your mouth lol.

Your failing to grasp even a basic train of debate, and your replies are more trollish than anyone else's, as you keep trying to end the debate. Your lack of comprehension makes speaking with you further pointless. So I'll just say to anyone else reading this thread that the OP has done nothing but maximise some mods on an existing build and attempt to re-coin it as his own invention while at the same time blasting any other templates and variations. This is akin to me coming along with the exact same setup and gear as him only with an extra 100 luck on the ring and then telling everyone his template is now ineffective. The bottom line is you can beat everything he can with a fraction of the skills/gear/money.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Insert total foolnes here
This becomes hilarious :p. I really hope you are a troll.
This is worst argumentation ever.

As I said:
In short:
But yes. I can drop my skills from 800 to 720. I can run armor without refinements. I can also swap my Anatomy to RS on champs... I can post results here. But if you have even little understood you should know answer already. I know .. and I bet 99% people know... But Lord God: I can surprise YOU with results!
I know... you have no idea about results. But tomorrow I will totally surprise you.
Pro Tip: 1+1=?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LG, you are a better man than I. *doffs cap*

Ford Taurus, here is efficiency for me......time to finish a fel champ spawn from start to finish. That's it.

18-24 minutes on either coon, semi, meph, rikki, or neira. Solo'ing a spawn in fel, you want to be in/out as quickly as possible. Without resisting spells, it is inherently slower working the stupid 1-4 levels of spawn due to mana vamp/para. Anat over resist will provide more base damage against the champ, but the champ is only the end of the spawn and it's just one munster to beat on. Most level 1-4 spawn die with 1-3 whirlwinds. However, you can have 30 debuff/damage spells coming in at one time. If you get a few mana vamps in a row, you are fudged. If you get a few paras in a row, you are fudged. With resisting spells, I can run in circles, getting screenfuls of munsters on me, then run into the absolute middle, cast evasion, and mow the vast majority of them down before the evasion wears off. WITHOUT resisting spells, you simply cannot do that. If you had every single skill, except for resisting spells at 120, you would still be 100% susceptible to para and mana vamp.....which are both sampire killers. I've done hundreds upon hundreds of spawns. Maybe a few thousand. With diff gear, diff skills, diff types of chars, etc etc. Having resisting spells is faster. Every level 3-4 spawn has magic casters and most champs cast.

I honestly think there are a couple problems in this thread. One, maybe your English isn't that great and there are some slight miscommunications that have gotten away from us. No big deal. I only speak spanish as a second language, and it's passable at best. Second, you come off as a know-it-all prick. I'm sure your sampire set up is great for more content in the game than mine, but as I said earlier, I don't enjoy that content.....I like fel champ spawns.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yeah, I could update my suit. I could buy some cameos too. One thing I wouldn't do, for efficiency.......take off resisting spells.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LG, you are a better man than I. *doffs cap*

Ford Taurus, here is efficiency for me......time to finish a fel champ spawn from start to finish. That's it.

18-24 minutes on either coon, semi, meph, rikki, or neira. Solo'ing a spawn in fel, you want to be in/out as quickly as possible. Without resisting spells, it is inherently slower working the stupid 1-4 levels of spawn due to mana vamp/para. Anat over resist will provide more base damage against the champ, but the champ is only the end of the spawn and it's just one munster to beat on. Most level 1-4 spawn die with 1-3 whirlwinds. However, you can have 30 debuff/damage spells coming in at one time. If you get a few mana vamps in a row, you are fudged. If you get a few paras in a row, you are fudged. With resisting spells, I can run in circles, getting screenfuls of munsters on me, then run into the absolute middle, cast evasion, and mow the vast majority of them down before the evasion wears off. WITHOUT resisting spells, you simply cannot do that. If you had every single skill, except for resisting spells at 120, you would still be 100% susceptible to para and mana vamp.....which are both sampire killers. I've done hundreds upon hundreds of spawns. Maybe a few thousand. With diff gear, diff skills, diff types of chars, etc etc. Having resisting spells is faster. Every level 3-4 spawn has magic casters and most champs cast.

I honestly think there are a couple problems in this thread. One, maybe your English isn't that great and there are some slight miscommunications that have gotten away from us. No big deal. I only speak spanish as a second language, and it's passable at best. Second, you come off as a know-it-all prick. I'm sure your sampire set up is great for more content in the game than mine, but as I said earlier, I don't enjoy that content.....I like fel champ spawns.
Okis. I think our build and suit is so much different that it causes the difference.
I just tested yesterday Barracoon, Neira and Memp with and without RS. Build and suit was totally the same only RS <--> Anatomy swap

RS 120 OR ANATOMY 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Parry 100
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 99

Every time it was with anatomy was faster. I run it on Felluca dungeons to get the best results that can me compared. (Not 100% sure but it seems like it that Boss lvl that causes most difference on times)
At far with anatomy, it was ~10-20% faster.

With both suit, I was not even near of death. So I cannot say much about survivability on "traditional champs". There is something different on playing styles because I cannot see paralyze as a problem because of getting continuously damage. I get hit by paralyzing.. but I would say I am paralyzed only some seconds on whole champ because I get immediately free.
Weapon at lvl 1-4 was always the same kind. Double axe as: 100% elemental, Hit spell (that fit best), Hit Spell area (that fit best), HLL, HML, HSL

I really need to do more test to get more accurate results.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
With undeath champ you can stone anatomy and change it to resist spell. But if you are careful with blood oath not even this "trick" is needed. (With Corgul resist is "must".. but with Corgul you need swap some other skills also)
I have three characters I am mulling over converting to Sampire (all three are GM swords/tacts/anat already - so a bit of work is ahead but...)

Is there a guide that helps adjust to the new playstyle? Where to start out to learn the spells/rotation/situational awareness?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have three characters I am mulling over converting to Sampire (all three are GM swords/tacts/anat already - so a bit of work is ahead but...)

Is there a guide that helps adjust to the new playstyle? Where to start out to learn the spells/rotation/situational awareness?
The best thing you can do for awareness is don't play three sampires. If you play a variety of templates you will know what spells/attacks look like when they're coming in and know how to defend/avoid them... Commenting this here is also in reference to your thread in the spellcaster forum.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
The best thing you can do for awareness is don't play three sampires. If you play a variety of templates you will know what spells/attacks look like when they're coming in and know how to defend/avoid them... Commenting this here is also in reference to your thread in the spellcaster forum.
Oh, totally understand what you're saying - certainly not going play all three characters, just focusing on my eponymous character (some reason I decided to make him a Provo bard back in the day - apparently didn't follow through. Tried it and didn't care for the playstyle, so I've started working him as a sampire. Not sure how I'll like the playstyle, but at this point after trying my 6x pure mage (with a 70+% suit no less) it was time for a change of pace.

Was able to place a small tower at the former location of my villa (back in 2001) - so I've plenty to do. Really enjoying the game and happy to be back :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, totally understand what you're saying - certainly not going play all three characters, just focusing on my eponymous character (some reason I decided to make him a Provo bard back in the day - apparently didn't follow through. Tried it and didn't care for the playstyle, so I've started working him as a sampire. Not sure how I'll like the playstyle, but at this point after trying my 6x pure mage (with a 70+% suit no less) it was time for a change of pace.

Was able to place a small tower at the former location of my villa (back in 2001) - so I've plenty to do. Really enjoying the game and happy to be back :)
Welcome back! Just choose an all purpose sampire template and give it a try. Please note the suit and weapon are key elements of this template. I recommend trying a bladed staff with HML, HSL, HLL and DI for your weapon. You may also need SSI, but that depends on your stamina.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Welcome back! Just choose an all purpose sampire template and give it a try. Please note the suit and weapon are key elements of this template. I recommend trying a bladed staff with HML, HSL, HLL and DI for your weapon. You may also need SSI, but that depends on your stamina.
Really just looking to do overland spawns and dungeons, soloing champs/bosses isn't high on my to do list, if that matters... Really just looking for the survivability :)

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are a bunch of sampire write-ups. Just do a search and you will see a crap ton of reading that will help with your questions.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Just following up on thread:

Was able to minimize my spawn times down to 20-26 mins for most. I recently put 120 resist back on the character to run some tests. Mobbing level 3 creatures theres almost zero threat of dying. Without resist I'm almost playing with death on those big mobs. If you fail to target or it's just too big I'll die if I'm running 120 anatomy. Therefore faster spawn times to pop the champ with 120 resist. Although the trade off is when facing the boss it takes a little bit longer without anatomy.

120 anatomy = +20-35 more damage per ai
120 resist = survivability and faster champ pop times

Still testing as I go along. I ran 50+ champs with 120 anatomy to get an idea of the game play. Now I'll run a certain amount with 120 resisting to gain enough data to compare. But these are my findings so far. The versatility seems to be there with 120 resisting spells.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll take off my resisting spells every now and then just to get a taste of the danger/death.....then, I'll throw it back on and mow thru the spawns again.

Resisting spells is more efficient than anatomy for fel champ spawns, with everything else being equal.

pavlli

Visitor
Please I always see builds like this:
RS 120 OR ANATOMY 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Parry 100
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 99

How is that possbile with skillcap 720?

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
If you can run +30 jewels on each piece that would be ideal.

I have +45 in skill increase. 720 + 45 = 765 usable. The challenge is finding nice pieces with +15, +30, +45 skill pts each.

The problem sampires face is the durability loss on these items. Assuming they are antiques, you will be replacing them often.

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pav, I run with 50 chiv/120 bush and +30 skill on imbued jewels.......I use imbued cuz antique breaks down way too fast. Brittle would be fine and last a long arse time.

pavlli

Visitor
Ok, thanks for advices. And pls one more question. How is working together Chiv and Necro? When Chiv is depending on karma, and Necro spells lowering your karma?

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
You kill so much as a sampire. My karma is always 20000+ and fame fluctuates. Easy to stay positive fame/karma as long as you don't kill blue monsters (pixies, unicorns, etc.)

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Chester, I finally broke <18 minute baracoon few weeks back. I can't see myself going back to 120 anatomy. Resist all the way. Thanks to everyone for the help as a newbie sampire. Probably 225-250 spawns now.

Trying to help the new comers in game when I can. Knowledge is power and passing it down is my way of giving thanks.

I appreciate all the help from everyone on the come up!

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chester, I finally broke <18 minute baracoon few weeks back. I can't see myself going back to 120 anatomy. Resist all the way. Thanks to everyone for the help as a newbie sampire. Probably 225-250 spawns now.

Trying to help the new comers in game when I can. Knowledge is power and passing it down is my way of giving thanks.

Pm sent!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Right on!!

Having done it both ways, doesn't it make Taunus seem ridiculous when he talks about spawns and not needing resist? There's just zero way around it. Resist > anat for spawning.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
I have respect for the guy since he helped me out when I first started but I believe It comes down to what you are fighting. Overall, resist outweighs anatomy in all aspects of spawning from my experience. I haven't seen him play so can't comment on his skill but it seems to me that there are significant limitations that are obvious when going 120 anatomy.

For example: being able to solo Abyssal in <26 minutes without resist I'd be pretty damn impressed.

I do see the benefits of anatomy but when it comes to spawning, I'll leave it on the stone.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well he is right. however people obviousely miss out one of his statements.

i wont quote bec iam f lazy.

he basically say, anatomy will speed up and therefore its better for max output. that is entierly true
he also say its a tradeoff between output and survivability. (which it seems to be ignored)

ofc you can smack faster with anatomy, but if you smack yourself at a neira because you miss the blood oath the fifth time after you saw it the first four times you are down.
-> therefore he suggests correctly use resist whenever its making sure you not wack yourself all the time

iam running right now the following template:

120 Bush
120 Chiv
120 Tac
120 Sword
100 Necro
120 Parry
80 Ana/Resist
(latest adjustment)

before i was at 110 ana/resist with 60 parry

i use full chivalry which allow me to have 60 skill points on jewels
this lets me keep my double axes and bladed staffs clear of any DI and SSI
which gives me max mods on them

as i run cameos i theoretically would not even need slayer on the weapons but stacking is a thing

i tried most spaws with ana and with resist and with ana you hit much harder and you are much faster, also its no problem to run rikki, barracon and arachnaid without resist. for daemon and undead resist makes your life much easier.

i aimed for 75s resists for Phys Fire and and 80 for Energy which lowers my DCI to 30

right now iam looking if its maybe an idea to lower cold poison to 65 and energy to 70 and go with 70 70 65 65 70 but having 60 DCI but the pieces i need to maintain 60 skill increase would cost me a fortune.

also what iam not sure right now is if i want to keep +3lmc bonus pieces or go to metal +1 but have strong protection against stam loss.

my stats in a fight are

155 str (slight overcap for low curses etc)
175 stam ( i need 151 for max swing with my 35ssi)
100 mana
150hp
additionally i have 14 ish MR at 55lmc

i run with the M&S helmet for 30HLD which makes again more room on weapons

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
well he is right. however people obviousely miss out one of his statements.

i wont quote bec iam f lazy.

he basically say, anatomy will speed up and therefore its better for max output. that is entierly true
he also say its a tradeoff between output and survivability. (which it seems to be ignored)

ofc you can smack faster with anatomy, but if you smack yourself at a neira because you miss the blood oath the fifth time after you saw it the first four times you are down.
-> therefore he suggests correctly use resist whenever its making sure you not wack yourself all the time

I think theres a nominclature issue here with "smack faster" and damage output. Anatomy has nothing to do with speed. That aside, it's not just survivability vs. damage output. I can do more damage in mobs with resist than without. It might seem counter intuitive but being able to have 8 RCs or whatever next to you allows you to get WW bonus. Which translates to faster kills. Single monsters, no. Anatomy will always win in that trade off. I can literally mob up all the level 4 monsters on spawns and go for it. With anatomy you would have to pick them apart a few at a time.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think theres a nominclature issue here with "smack faster" and damage output. Anatomy has nothing to do with speed. That aside, it's not just survivability vs. damage output. I can do more damage in mobs with resist than without. It might seem counter intuitive but being able to have 8 RCs or whatever next to you allows you to get WW bonus. Which translates to faster kills. Single monsters, no. Anatomy will always win in that trade off. I can literally mob up all the level 4 monsters on spawns and go for it. With anatomy you would have to pick them apart a few at a time.
As I don't want to create confusion, may you tell me for what RCs stand

However anatomy has to do with speed. More damage is more speed as stuff is dead faster.

You can stand in the middle of a level 4 spawn without resisting spells just fine so Iam not sure why you can't. As Taunus said. You get hit and paralyze is broken or you take a trapbox. And even in worst condition when you get drained you still should survive long enough to have back enough mana for a whir then mana is full.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
RC - rotten corpse. Probably not the greatest example considering they aren't magic. The point I was trying to make is I'm able to mob a large number of monsters with minimal issues because of resisting spells. Regardless of the level of spawn 2, 3 or 4 you can run into trouble quicker with anatomy. Being able to kill a larger mob means faster spawn times IMO. Higher damage output from anatomy is great but I'm not able to handle comparable mob sizes.

Having to use trapped boxes slows you down and may fail at one point. Aggressive mages will mana vampire or drain you as you are aware. If you cannot hit a mob, you're in trouble. Level 2 at Abyssal will kill a sloppy sampire. Level 3 at terra keep kills people all the time. The list goes on....

If you can solo Abyssal without resisting spells in 30 minutes or less I'd be VERY impressed. Standing in the middle of that spawn at level 4 just fine would be interesting to see how you manage. If you wanna head down sometime I'm more than willing to accompany you and see.

*Correction, I cannot mob up all the level 4 monsters on Abyssal but most spawns sure* (Not to sound cocky lol)

I'm all for optimization and have an open mind towards improving character performance. The debate resisting spells/anatomy continues!

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
RC - rotten corpse. Probably not the greatest example considering they aren't magic. The point I was trying to make is I'm able to mob a large number of monsters with minimal issues because of resisting spells. Regardless of the level of spawn 2, 3 or 4 you can run into trouble quicker with anatomy. Being able to kill a larger mob means faster spawn times IMO. Higher damage output from anatomy is great but I'm not able to handle comparable mob sizes.

Having to use trapped boxes slows you down and may fail at one point. Aggressive mages will mana vampire or drain you as you are aware. If you cannot hit a mob, you're in trouble. Level 2 at Abyssal will kill a sloppy sampire. Level 3 at terra keep kills people all the time. The list goes on....

If you can solo Abyssal without resisting spells in 30 minutes or less I'd be VERY impressed. Standing in the middle of that spawn at level 4 just fine would be interesting to see how you manage. If you wanna head down sometime I'm more than willing to accompany you and see.

*Correction, I cannot mob up all the level 4 monsters on Abyssal but most spawns sure* (Not to sound cocky lol)

I'm all for optimization and have an open mind towards improving character performance. The debate resisting spells/anatomy continues!
Honestly spoke. Iam most of the times a lazy guy.

I fully get your point that running resist makes it easier.

Once I sold all my **** and I find some love for uo again we can have a run.

Regarding abyssal. I'd run resist on those as they cast like crazy

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i have decided to give the 809 skill sampire a go, lets see how it does
i just need 1 piece to buy for trying it

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I need to build a sampire to try out dungeons!
Soo many templates on this thread and i'll need to pick one.

Can someone please post a template of skills and what strength/stamina/mana will be on a nekked character?
Thanks in advance!

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like @Finley Grant understood the point of this build!!
It is not "use" or "not to use" Anatomy/Resistance... it is all about to use skill ~800 point build. As I have said 1000 times I use RS depending on the situation. (I can run even RS 120 AND Anatomy 120 on some situation)
Read even my first post:
"* Change anatomy 120 to RS 120 on some casting situations (also un cast protection then)"

This build is to make high-end stuff like: Roof, Corgul, Doom and Travestry. (For example at Doom and Corgul it is impossible to go without RS)

I cannot understand why people talk so much about making champion spawn on this thread... This build is totally overkill stuff like that and armours are expensive just for champion spawns.

But yeh there seems to some "handicapped" persons who have trouble to understand the point of this build.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems like @Finley Grant understood the point of this build!!
It is not "use" or "not to use" Anatomy/Resistance... it is all about to use skill ~800 point build. As I have said 1000 times I use RS depending on the situation. (I can run even RS 120 AND Anatomy 120 on some situation)
Read even my first post:
"* Change anatomy 120 to RS 120 on some casting situations (also un cast protection then)"

This build is to make high-end stuff like: Roof, Corgul, Doom and Travestry. (For example at Doom and Corgul it is impossible to go without RS)

I cannot understand why people talk so much about making champion spawn on this thread... This build is totally overkill stuff like that and armours are expensive just for champion spawns.
iam trying to do test the template myself with 809 points, 30 dci, 75 75 70 70 80
however iam going hybrid with 2 metal 3 bone and 1 mediable (not finding any fitting lol)
i hope the only 51lmc with 75 mana will not **** me over..

whats your opinion on 75 mana

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
skills i will have is:

110 Ana/Resist
120 Bush (90+30)
120 Parry (90+30)
120 Chiv (91+29)
120 Tac