• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, An early version of Publish 101 will be available for testing on TC1 by 4pm ET on August 8, 2018. The content currently available for testing represents a very small fraction of what we have planned for Publish 101, but we wanted to get the feedback process started as early as possible as well as release the highly anticipated Keep & Castle Customization Contest! Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always we look forward to your feedback. For the latest updates on Publish 101 be sure to signup for the newsletter! Please note […]

Continue reading...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No more flapping.
Listen Buster, there will be a zero tolerance policy for flappy pet discrimination. ROFL

Seriously though, does anybody know what this Publish is about? I did a little checking, and all I find out, is about castle customizing.

@Pawain is there really a new dungeon? *crosses fingers*

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, nice.
Another champion spawn that will be heavily visited at first, then 6 months from now will be a lovely, quiet, peaceful place to farm scrolls in fel.
I like that.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Uggh...If you can make custom keeps and castles on TC why can't we have them on production shards? Why instead must we use someone else's design. Why Mesanna why? One of the best things about UO housing is being able to make changes you like, be creative, etc.

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good news is Spring will design something freaking awesome. Me not so much. I guess tc1 is easier to do that on than prodo. Or not. Maybe the borg fear is strong.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Khaldun isn't a new dungeon... a Trammel version of it could be considered "new" to most people, it only existed before in trammel as a temporary dungeon for a halloween event I believe.

I hope Powerscrolls aren't the main reward from this addition, it will be outdated very fast if it is.

The rewards between Tram & Fel have to be different but equally useful so that there's a reason to have both versions existing, Quit making the same mistake every time the opportunity arises by giving us the same thing twice, with one being completely redundant.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just visited the fel dungeon. It looks pretty interesting. I didn't see the Tram one up yet though. I will be curious to see what the rewards are Tram vs. Fel though. *Thinks MAYBE power scrolls in the Tram one*

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
where did it say it powerscrolls were the reward?
There will be a fel version of the spawn, much akin to the turtle spawn. The main prize won't be the scrolls, but they will be there.
The fel turtle drops scrolls alongside the turtle egg, so, no reason to think that the fel side of this one won't drop power scrolls.
There isn't a single fel champion spawn that doesn't drop scrolls.

Granted, with how much the current dev team hates fun, it might be the very first one that doesn't drop them.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Broadsword is a professional company I believe and they do run a subscription-based game, I cannot believe they would goto all this trouble just to give the same existing rewards that’s been out for twenty years. If I was doing it I would drop legendries and high-end loot that is relative towards the type of spawn, soo maybe bone, undead, and slayer items. Spirit speak and necro jewelry, whatever then random. High end items. In fact I think each stage of the spawn should spawn a mini boss that needs to be killed and drops arties/legendaries, on his corpse before moving the spawn along.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
jebus!
that is one hell of a big plot to work with in custom mode!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and it takes money... any plans for this? My friend copied rich charcater to tc1 and guess what, no gold traveled too. Plan so far now is make a bazillion characters and take all their gold to build.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You get a ton of gold on TC.

Say balance.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Uggh...If you can make custom keeps and castles on TC why can't we have them on production shards? Why instead must we use someone else's design. Why Mesanna why? One of the best things about UO housing is being able to make changes you like, be creative, etc.

Probably so we don't have a bunch of these beauties in a 32x32 version popping up hahahaha :D :devil: :D :devil: :D

Capture.PNG

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to get house tool say give resources green box will appear in bank box the housing tool is in one of thoses bags in the box

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Existing Keep & Castle owners may change their current house design to one of the new designs. Take note, however, that all house decorations will be moved to the moving crate when the transition is made.

What about if your existing castle has a tree in the courtyard?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to get house tool say give resources green box will appear in bank box the housing tool is in one of thoses bags in the box
So I need to be using a tool and not just customizing? That wasted an hour I could have been training pets.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tool in the Resources is just like the one we have on Production. I don't have a "Submit House Design to Contest" on my Customize Window (I'm in EC).

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Probably so we don't have a bunch of these beauties in a 32x32 version popping up hahahaha :D :devil: :D :devil:

Yeah I know...I love custom houses but there is always that guy...who builds a huge cigarette butt or steampunk, lava, neon strip club for mongbats. Worse yet just dumps random crap on an empty plot. Even if we could customize castles and keeps freely there would still be crappy designs.

There are so many players though who make amazing things and take pride in their builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tool in the Resources is just like the one we have on Production. I don't have a "Submit House Design to Contest" on my Customize Window (I'm in EC).
That submission option doesn't show up under Customize until the house is in public mode for CC. Sorry, not sure on EC!

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Existing Keep & Castle owners may change their current house design to one of the new designs. Take note, however, that all house decorations will be moved to the moving crate when the transition is made.

What about if your existing castle has a tree in the courtyard?
You're stuck with what you've got. No custom castle for you!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
holy hell is that spawn hard!!!!

what happened to the Orc spawn?
i thought the next one we were suppose to get was going to be a Orc one?
was positive i read that somewhere.....

but ya, wow, that spawn is nasty.
im not gonna like, i died twice and probably only killed 20 things.... from the first level spawn!

i like how they took a undead spawn and messed us all up by making all these Elemental Skel's that have 100% resistance in everything but one resist.
and of course there are 5 colors of skel's so we are gonna need 5 different weapons.
and those damn little blood slimes, so much for just a little acid, no, gotta be top level poison!

haha, well at least it will be an adventure!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i like how they took a undead spawn and messed us all up by making all these Elemental Skel's that have 100% resistance in everything but one resist.
and of course there are 5 colors of skel's so we are gonna need 5 different weapons.
Or you use whatever elemental damage type weapon the rest of the spawn is weakest to and use Chivalry -> Consecrate Weapon. (Fc +1 town-buff > +5 SSI) even for Sampires.

I didn't do much of the spawn, but, I did like those "Skelementals" though... So far, it seems what makes the spawn difficult is the normal inhabitants of Khaldun, particularly the Shadow Fiends. which are mostly anti-group. if the shadow fiends remain in the spawn area (or are part of the later levels of spawn?), this spawn would be the most difficult to do without any deaths... I'm not worried about the difficulty alone though, because the difficulty doesn't really matter, It's a combination of Difficulty + Reward Drop-Chance vs usability of reward(s), that's going to determine whether or not the content lasts. Which I expect this part of publish 101 is permanent content? (I'll assume it is until officially told otherwise)

There also has to be a difference between Trammel & Fel versions of the spawn... Powerscrolls can't be the only difference, or it'll fail much like all Tram vs Fel content.

Exclusive rewards for both sides is important, there's more than enough "dead" content that's in desperate need of revamping, we don't need more starting off with the same problems.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Or you use whatever elemental damage type weapon the rest of the spawn is weakest to and use Chivalry -> Consecrate Weapon. (Fc +1 town-buff > +5 SSI) even for Sampires.

I didn't do much of the spawn, but, I did like those "Skelementals" though... So far, it seems what makes the spawn difficult is the normal inhabitants of Khaldun, particularly the Shadow Fiends. which are mostly anti-group. if the shadow fiends remain in the spawn area (or are part of the later levels of spawn?), this spawn would be the most difficult to do without any deaths... I'm not worried about the difficulty alone though, because the difficulty doesn't really matter, It's a combination of Difficulty + Reward Drop-Chance vs usability of reward(s), that's going to determine whether or not the content lasts. Which I expect this part of publish 101 is permanent content? (I'll assume it is until officially told otherwise)

There also has to be a difference between Trammel & Fel versions of the spawn... Powerscrolls can't be the only difference, or it'll fail much like all Tram vs Fel content.

Exclusive rewards for both sides is important, there's more than enough "dead" content that's in desperate need of revamping, we don't need more starting off with the same problems.
i dont know, does con weapon work against 100% resistance in 4 out of the 5 resists?
its 5am, im trying to remember what con weapon does exactly and im drawing a blank.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
N/M
puts the damage against the weakest resist.
man we are gonna be casting a LOT of con weapon in there.... like chain casting!
but that should work, because they are 4x100% and only 5% in the 5th.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yup. Confirmed.
The devs hate anything fun.

This spawn configuration will be an absolute blast for mages and tamers. As in they won't be able to advance the spawn at all because they will lack the damage type to kill the skeletons.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
. So far, it seems what makes the spawn difficult is the normal inhabitants of Khaldun, particularly the Shadow Fiends. which are mostly anti-group.
Shadow Fiends are level 3 of the spawn, least in Trammel.

Yup. Confirmed.
The devs hate anything fun.

This spawn configuration will be an absolute blast for mages and tamers. As in they won't be able to advance the spawn at all because they will lack the damage type to kill the skeletons.
Or mages/tamers can be thoughtful on the spells and pets they use. Two tamers (1 necro, 1 sw without focus) completed this last night, we have a short writeup with screenshots on our webpage with lore pages from each wave of mobs. You can go about the spawn multiple ways.

When we go back to try it, I'm sure we will have a much easier time with it as we know what to expect.

Wave 3 is the only one that currently needs adjusting, Shadow Fiends and Cultist Ambushers.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Or mages/tamers can be thoughtful on the spells and pets they use. Two tamers (1 necro, 1 sw without focus) completed this last night, we have a short writeup with screenshots on our webpage with lore pages from each wave of mobs. You can go about the spawn multiple ways.

When we go back to try it, I'm sure we will have a much easier time with it as we know what to expect.

Wave 3 is the only one that currently needs adjusting, Shadow Fiends and Cultist Ambushers.
Tram side?
is there a way to get into the tram side on test?
cause we checked the where the entrances should be and nothing was there so we went fel side.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
holy hell is that spawn hard!!!!

what happened to the Orc spawn?
i thought the next one we were suppose to get was going to be a Orc one?
was positive i read that somewhere.....

but ya, wow, that spawn is nasty.
im not gonna like, i died twice and probably only killed 20 things.... from the first level spawn!

and those damn little blood slimes, so much for just a little acid, no, gotta be top level poison!

haha, well at least it will be an adventure!

I'm betting this will be the Halloween event this year, since, for some reason, they see the need to make it harder and harder every year.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tram side?
is there a way to get into the tram side on test?
cause we checked the where the entrances should be and nothing was there so we went fel side.
There is a portal in the Brit Commons

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm betting this will be the Halloween event this year, since, for some reason, they see the need to make it harder and harder every year.
Kyronix said: A few things to note about the Champ Spawn at this stage...

The goal is to test the creatures that are part of each level of the champ spawn. There is still MUCH more to come in terms of Halloween content (make sure you sign up for the newsletter!) but we wanted to get this out as soon as possible to start gathering feedback.

As usual he cant just say what he means. So, we will see if this is the Halloween dungeon. A lot of players return just for September Thru December events. I hope they make the Halloween event with casual players in mind also. Or players who craft/deco ect the rest of the year and pull out their fighters for this event.

If they want to make a difficult dungeon that is not related to the September October event, that is fine.

Also this was added from him, so I'm not too keen on buffing wave 4 beyond what it currently is where the Invasion Mobs spawn Lvl 2-4 (excludes the lowest and highest, recruit & general). Will continue to monitor though!

They have mentioned another invasion. Maybe these are the waves? And this dungeon is just a test area?

I need a decoder ring.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As usual he cant just say what he means
lol
By waves, I think he means spawn levels before champ. But seriously, can't we just have a holiday turnin thing thats fun for all, and not require the mightiest of warriors, well, tamers :p to do it?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He does mean levels before the champ.

The Shadow Fiends need to get the boot, their AoE increases in power the more players are around. That won't be fun an all with everyone there trying to get drops.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we could make them from the colored granite (like Shadow Iron). Also they need to update the Castle Style Walls to include 1/2 size walls.
Does anyone know if you Exit the Contest can you Enter it again?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

WOW! Pig the swine is the Boss? Is is hostile? What damages/resists? LOL..

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget you can get a free Undead Slayer spell book from the New Haven inscription training quest.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
design number one so far...

really aggravating that they have never added the castle stone as a foundation... but it will do for now.

View attachment 85206 View attachment 85207 View attachment 85208 View attachment 85209
My problems with this contest are you can't place things like they are in a true castle... it is not possible with Castle tiles in house custom to make the ramparts properly since we can't stack them up 2 and 3 high like is currently in the castle. As well you can't overlap... so there are always gaps being left. EXTREMELY frustrating... especially for anyone like myself with CDO (OCD to the extreme). I did finish 2 designs so far. Not terribly happy with the way the second one turned out again because of the "gapping" issue when it comes to placing short walls up to tall walls there is not 1/2 short and 1/2 tall wall pieces. Wishing there were. Or a half arch and half wall...