• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What if we could buy more vet reward choices through the UO store? (rewards still restricted by age)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
While i'm on the side of allowing players to buy account age, what about a compromise of sorts? To keep in the theme of the OP you could put the vet reward items in the store, however you would scrap the old vet reward program, and instead give players a set amount of Sovereigns (amount would depend on account age) to spend as a vet age reward. Vet rewards would be accessible by all, also the store items (like stable increase) would basically be available as "vet rewards" as well.
I’m actually not opposed to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:fake:

There are no Granfathered Accounts. You could say all accounts are grandfathered. If you stop paying you keep the stuff on you and in the bank. If you don't pay the account age stops. Thats why my account that started Oct 97 is only 16 years old.

Do you just make stuff up?

There are grandfathered houses, but if you dont pay all your houses go away. imaryminfool
There most certainly are accounts out there that have age on them that did not pay. A lot of years were accumulated without paying.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There most certainly are accounts out there that have age on them that did not pay. A lot of years were accumulated without paying.
Really stretching it there, if this is to be believed then you need to offer up some proof.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in 1997 i didn't even know that UO existed.
So yes please punish people like me hard, because we really deserve it.
Damn you for not paying to UO for 20 years, WE US THE BETTER PEOPLE WHO PAID, will **** on you any day, and we are so happy that we have something that YOU CAN NEVER HAVE.
But seriously guys and girls, noone really give a ****. You guys and girls need to change your attitude, and that includes EA as well.
I have never in my entire life met any company who is this stubon regarding almost every aspect of their product.
EA **** on their players, how many times haven't you been waiting for a GM for hours or even days, and when they finally come to fix your'e problem, they just say, sorry can't help you EA dosen't replace lost items.
Here is some flashing news that you didn't know..
UO AREN'T THE LEADING MMO AS IT WAS 20 YEARS AGO.
2000 soviners for an xfer token really EA ?? is this 2017 or is it 1997 ??
If i need anything xfered i just ask a friend, and guess how many of your tokens i buy ??
I know its a tough question, so here is the answer...ZERO
And yes before you had the brilliant idea of giving away shard shields as rewards, i did buy alot of xfer tokens for real $$$.
At the very same moment, i closed 2 accounts, and said to myself bye bye xsharding, it was fun while it lasted...Merry xmas and FU EA.

aaaaah now i feel better.
Merry christmas everyone.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really stretching it there, if this is to be believed then you need to offer up some proof.
While searching for the information I came across other threads on the subject with better arguments. Gotta say I mostly agree now.

I did find that they credited a couple years when they first introduced the vet system because they hadn't been tracking, but I couldn't find anything more than that. I swear I thought I remembered reading something about it before though, but can't find anything so sorry.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While searching for the information I came across other threads on the subject with better arguments. Gotta say I mostly agree now.

I did find that they credited a couple years when they first introduced the vet system because they hadn't been tracking, but I couldn't find anything more than that. I swear I thought I remembered reading something about it before though, but can't find anything so sorry.
Actually I think you are partly right. Years ago I remember reading this on another website. But I also remember a later post saying the exploit was fixed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did talk with someone over night in a forum totally unrelated to UO that had something like what Mal described happen with his 3 accts a very long time ago. Some glitch in billing stopped charging his card and he unknowingly went a unknown amount of time without paying. Then had his accts suspended with out warning or notice and his two castles and a tower just fell. Said that was back in 2000 or 2001

Actually I think you are partly right. Years ago I remember reading this on another website. But I also remember a later post saying the exploit was fixed.
Not even sure it was a exploit but rather a glitch in their billing software, while typing the above got another PM on that forum from someone else that described virtually the same thing in the same time period. And did you get my FB PM about your ANkh on Siege?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the Rewards program started yes they did credit all who had accounts then with a set amount of months to their tally.
Meaning all account made prior to the program starting got the credit.

Second there are still a few Grandfathered accounts out there.. in fact the new castle owners from the 20th party are one of 6 people who won.
Grandfathered accounts mean for those of you who are scratching your heads on this..
Back in the early days the Dev played around with the owner limit of homes due to the uproar of land for homes coming from new players.
I cant blame them shards back then didn't have any other facit..
Fel was it till we got tram.
back then any one character could own as many houses as they could buy deeds for.
Then it moved to 1 house per character, a few years later 1 house per shard, then a bean counter got a bright idea and we moved to 1 house per account.
Which is where we are right now...

Third yes there is account out there that are advanced in age and did not pay... they are the players who were Seers account holders.
1 account is pro bono for their time served. Believe me the account was well deserved for the amount of work done.

**** yes Tyrath it happened to more then one player unfortunately I was one of them and lost all my grandfathered houses.. talk about a scramble to fit everything in the main houses and changing the EA picked house for the better Main house... talk about a bloody mess. ****