• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can get plenty of SOS's by buying the hooks from Hepler the Salvage Master at Trinsic, tossing them at deep water and killing the sea serpents and krakens that spawn.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never thought of that!

I'll have to give that a try..thanks!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
dude that page is messed up

when you get down past the 2nd part to todays stuff all im seeing is MASSSSSSSSIVE maps that take up the entire screen and also have slide bars going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over.

your map pics are friggin huge!
they totally cover up evrything there.
UPDATE:

I've checked the latest for non-Chrome browsers:
  • :( Edge users, Microsoft still is well behind in their support for css. Specific to this mentioned problem, it's the lack of support for clip-path. They're still showing "likely for a future release"... but they've been saying that for at least a year. My personal suggestion, Edge isn't ready for prime time when it comes to sites like the wiki that use HTML5 and CSS3. ( The status of Masks in Microsoft Edge is Under Consideration - Microsoft Edge Development )

• :D Firefox users, they've finally added support for clip-path - but a missing semicolon in the wiki code was blocking it from working. I've fixed that now. Try clearing your cache (or do a hard-refresh on the wiki page, using ctrl+F5), and the maps should work properly now. They still don't have perfect support for css resizing, so the icons and their overlays will be a little over-large, but the maps should now be functional for you. Make sure you're upgraded to at least Firefox v54. (v55 is the current "normal" release version.)

• o_O Opera users, they're still working on it, and claim limited support, but it's not 100% yet. I don't have Opera installed to double check how they show the maps and other things, but pretty much, wierdness you see in the wiki is your browser, not the wiki. Opera's development seems to have way slowed down as their market share has dropped down to between 1 and 4% of all web users... you might want to seriously think about switching.

• o_O Safari users, same as Opera - limited support - just with a higher market share (14 to 21%), though that's almost entirely Mac users, and the % of stratics users using Safari is much lower.

• :mad: IE users, your browser went end-of-life as of January 2016. It has essentially no HTML5 or CSS3 support, and never will. It's time to switch. Eventually maybe you'll switch to Edge, but until it's ready for prime time, consider Chrome, and if not Chrome, consider Firefox.

Edit; I posted this here in reply to the comment about the maps on the 20th event page, but it applies to the wiki as a whole, most especially the atlas. Pretty much count this as an update to the similar post I did about a year ago, back before Firefox had managed to get sufficiently caught up in their css3, and when both Edge and Firefox were both saying we could all expect them to have full css3 support by Jan 2017. :p

For those 2 or 3 people who've said they get just blank screens with Edge and Firefox, no idea; Firefox works on my end, and Edge should work in most places, except for maps and some graphics and such. Best bet is that Firefox users with problems, first try a hard reset, then take a look at your plugins. Something there is likely causing you problems.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
10 hooks...1 MIB....par for the course ;)

This is gonna get expensive lol

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
10 hooks...1 MIB....par for the course ;)

This is gonna get expensive lol
You might get a golden fishing pole while trying to get the MIBs using the hooks.
That will make your time worthwhile.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
30 hooks

3 MIBS

FIVE maps....~le sigh~

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am not one to complain but does the text after you are done speaking with the people in the tavern in Vesper have to be PINK?

Older eyes here and that is illegible to me.

I know that I am not the only person who plays this game with older eyes.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nope, you definitely are not.. I have been waiting on the "Large Print Edition" of UO. I swear I would prob dump $199.95 in Soverigns if they could figure out a way to put it on the UO Store for that price...

@Kyronix .. just saying :D

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I am not one to complain but does the text after you are done speaking with the people in the tavern in Vesper have to be PINK?

Older eyes here and that is illegible to me.

It's really hard to read in the journal in classic; I know I'd have rather screencapped it there for the wiki, except that it's illegible. :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
BackToMythrin.jpg

Come on, you guys can't read that??? ;)

if my backpack wasn't in the way it would have been easier..but on a light background? NOT GOOD!!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
View attachment 71426

Come on, you guys can't read that??? ;)

if my backpack wasn't in the way it would have been easier..but on a light background? NOT GOOD!!!
We were talking about in the tavern and in the CC journal as well... and depending on where Mythran is when you get that message as well. On the void area it is easily read but when he is inside and that text is against some of the deco in there.. it gets difficult to read as well.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We were talking about in the tavern and in the CC journal as well... and depending on where Mythran is when you get that message as well. On the void area it is easily read but when he is inside and that text is against some of the deco in there.. it gets difficult to read as well.
Yeah...I guess you kinda missed the part where I said...On a light background? NOT GOOD!

Cus I did say that...:)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TELL ME ABOUT IT!

I had to take a break..I figure we have another month....I don't have to get it RIGHT NOW...but I do still need a few ambusher items.....:/

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So, this SOS business, JOAT trade works apparently. Do these have to be recently acquired SOS while you have the quest active? I tried fishing up a SOS from Tmaps from Phase II and all I got was "You fish a while, but fail to catch anything". I gave it a few minutes before I turned it over to my fisher friend to fish up. No Staff's acquired yet by either of us.

So the JOAT non-fishermen folks who were successful, how did you find success? I'm fishing off the docks at Trinny now wondering if I'll get an SOS that way. In deep water, I got nothing except "You fish a while, but fail to catch anything". At the docks I'm getting boots and stuff at least.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, so I got the "focus statue". But I am having trouble finding out where to summon him. I tried the abyss and the burning Brit fields. Any ideas?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, this SOS business, JOAT trade works apparently. Do these have to be recently acquired SOS while you have the quest active? I tried fishing up a SOS from Tmaps from Phase II and all I got was "You fish a while, but fail to catch anything". I gave it a few minutes before I turned it over to my fisher friend to fish up. No Staff's acquired yet by either of us.

So the JOAT non-fishermen folks who were successful, how did you find success? I'm fishing off the docks at Trinny now wondering if I'll get an SOS that way. In deep water, I got nothing except "You fish a while, but fail to catch anything". At the docks I'm getting boots and stuff at least.
You will not get Sos' from fishing in shallow water. If you do not have any fishing you can use the hooks bought in Trinsic to toss and pull up serpents and krackens that have sos' on the corpse. No need fishing skill to toss hooks.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok, so I got the "focus statue". But I am having trouble finding out where to summon him. I tried the abyss and the burning Brit fields. Any ideas?
Well... it is a Demon you are trying to summon...

and it is all about Fire...

and you need a pentagram...

yes, those are pretty good hints...

but if ya really want
Deamon Temple on Fire Island. Top of steps to Bloody Pentragram

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can 30.2 fishing skill fish up an SOS chest? I thought I understand that's what some were saying. But I get bottles with the salvage hooks and go the spot and keep getting nothing with 30.2 skill (bought 29.4 and had a pink scroll). Am I wasting my time?
EDIT: Just saw this entry in UOGuide: "Travelling to the location the message specifies gives you the chance to attempt to fish a chest up from the ocean floor, though at least 65.0 skill points in Fishing are required for a chance of succeeding."
So I guess I need 65 fishing to complete this quest?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can 30.2 fishing skill fish up an SOS chest? I thought I understand that's what some were saying. But I get bottles with the salvage hooks and go the spot and keep getting nothing with 30.2 skill (bought 29.4 and had a pink scroll). Am I wasting my time?
EDIT: Just saw this entry in UOGuide: "Travelling to the location the message specifies gives you the chance to attempt to fish a chest up from the ocean floor, though at least 65.0 skill points in Fishing are required for a chance of succeeding."
So I guess I need 65 fishing to complete this quest?
If you have a fisher character, have it do the quest to go see Mythran, visit the Lycaeum, go back to Mythran, and then get the fishing quest from Kalen. Your fisher can take the quest from Kalen multiple times to get the Tear of the Seas reward and can then hand over an extra reward to your character(s) that you want to have finish the whole quest. Fisher doesn't have to go on and finish the whole arc/quest.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have a fisher character, have it do the quest to go see Mythran, visit the Lycaeum, go back to Mythran, and then get the fishing quest from Kalen. Your fisher can take the quest from Kalen multiple times to get the Tear of the Seas reward and can then hand over an extra reward to your character(s) that you want to have finish the whole quest. Fisher doesn't have to go on and finish the whole arc/quest.
Thanks, that's what I'll do. Lucky I have a fishing character on another account on that shard

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And hope that you have better luck then me....25? SOS's today and nothing....35 dredging hooks to get more mibs and I now have a total of 3 more....ZzzZZZ

I did, however, get a piece of shipwreck something or other and now have to go talk to the Master Tinker in Brit...WEEEE :/ lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah.. the could really turn it up a tad imho.. but.. I am gonna fish until I get one either way..

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And hope that you have better luck then me....25? SOS's today and nothing....35 dredging hooks to get more mibs and I now have a total of 3 more....ZzzZZZ

I did, however, get a piece of shipwreck something or other and now have to go talk to the Master Tinker in Brit...WEEEE :/ lol
Using my regular fisher/miner/lumberjack character I got a staff after 3 SOS and have so far done 10 SOS trying to get a second one. Trying to get more SOS now.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I have 111.5 fishing......still nada

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
There are guys on LS who sell SOSes by the bagful, so there's got to be places/ways to get them more frequently, though I have no ideas how...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah I have 111.5 fishing......still nada
Heck... around 20 sos's with 120 fishing.. nadde... threw on 2800 luck for about 15 of them and nade.. holding my pole in my right hand and that crap was not working.. so I hacked it into my left hand to see if that changed the luck and was a no go.. have tried 4 different boats and none of them brought the luck.. trying to figure out a way to throw on the "fishers suit" along with my luck suit and see if that does the trick or not.. Anyone know which dang 'bait' from fishing quests makes a damn staff bite?!?

:mf_prop:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Okay I think my char has a glitch 11 new sos from t-hunt quest 23 old sos and nothing ?
I have logged out in many different areas before I found out about the log issues, could this be the problem ?
I dumped my fishing down to 100 from 107.3 to be able to use fishing on this character.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you !

What does the wand look like ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck... around 20 sos's with 120 fishing.. nadde... threw on 2800 luck for about 15 of them and nade.. holding my pole in my right hand and that crap was not working.. so I hacked it into my left hand to see if that changed the luck and was a no go.. have tried 4 different boats and none of them brought the luck.. trying to figure out a way to throw on the "fishers suit" along with my luck suit and see if that does the trick or not.. Anyone know which dang 'bait' from fishing quests makes a damn staff bite?!?

:mf_prop:
Here's what you see when you finally succeed:
kalen 1.JPG
kalen 2.JPG
kalens staff in chest.JPG
kalens apprentice staff in chest.JPG

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I guess I had remarkable luck - got the wand from the second SOS chest I fished up

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Legendary fisherman got 2 staffs out of about 40 MIB's. Interestingly enough, after I got the first one I just gave it to my tamer and went back out. After 15 MIB's I got another one. Didn't have to complete the quest on my fisher or start another. So you can get multiple staffs off the same quest.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anybody done the tinkering on a Garg? Someone on LS tried and it said 0% with magery and tinkering at or above GM.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im on Oceania and have waited ages for an Advisor to come on to forward that my Ethereal Voyage scroll is not working anymore. I didnt read these posts until too late and logged into my other chars account...Alas this could take ages. I havent done the T map part of it as my account doesnt have a Cartographer and just hunted the maps for a guildie. Seems the candles, pumice and obsidian is something I need so training up a T hunter...what a challenge this event is lol... If anyone of GM status can answer a call about scrolls not working on Oceania please pay a visit...thank you in advance :D

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So after I posted about not getting the staff second sos got one so while I was at sea fishing which I enjoy I went ahead and finished the sos in my back pack 3 sos later got another staff

So now I'm wondering I have 391 sos in Davis locked should I keep doing more before turning in the quest item ?

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Im on Oceania and have waited ages for an Advisor to come on to forward that my Ethereal Voyage scroll is not working anymore. I didnt read these posts until too late and logged into my other chars account...Alas this could take ages. I havent done the T map part of it as my account doesnt have a Cartographer and just hunted the maps for a guildie. Seems the candles, pumice and obsidian is something I need so training up a T hunter...what a challenge this event is lol... If anyone of GM status can answer a call about scrolls not working on Oceania please pay a visit...thank you in advance :D
Hey Bryson, when I get on later I can help you out. The candles are reusable and I got spares of the other items so don't stress about t-hunting

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So after I posted about not getting the staff second sos got one so while I was at sea fishing which I enjoy I went ahead and finished the sos in my back pack 3 sos later got another staff

So now I'm wondering I have 391 sos in Davis locked should I keep doing more before turning in the quest item ?
Yes you want each quest item for deco for all your houses. You want to make as many slayer weapons as you can. And you want 10 of each item so you can show people in 5 years. That's my plan at least.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mine quit working AGAIN, even though I didn't log out. BUT, I tried to leave from a house I am co-owned to, not the character's ACTUAL house he owns. I went to my OWN house, AND IT WORKED again! You might try that.