• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, what do we do after accepting the quest the water guy in Vesper?

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of the annoying things about the Earth/undead part is that the ^^#$^&*ing wand tells you that you need necromancy, when you don't for the quest.

The Air part wouldn't work for me until after I did the Earth.

Does that mean the water part won't work until you have done the other two, and is the fire part last?

I have to get more maps - the ones I did only resulted in 1 red candle, and 6 black ones.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
After some digging, it seems that if you log out in a house that a character does not own with possession of the scroll, you can experience access issues. To avoid this issue, only log out in taverns, inns, or houses that the specific holder of the scroll has ownership of. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to those who helped get to the bottom of the issue. Those who are having issues with existing scrolls should contact a GM. Enjoy!
ya that is what happened too me, i had logged off at Tina Smalls house.

called a GM.... bout half an hour ago?
im guessing no one is working the night shift like me, eh?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
opps, i say that and GM Chernabog shows up and fixes me in like a millisecond flat!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably, slowly though. An RC barely scratched it.

It's like a Virtuebane without the addmobs. It has Magic and the "burn you to ash" routine.
So I'm screwed no way in hellll could I kill those !

What happens when you die do you lose all the candles like the crystal shell things tinkering ?

How many low level people do you need to kill it ?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the annoying things about the Earth/undead part is that the ^^#$^&*ing wand tells you that you need necromancy, when you don't for the quest.

The Air part wouldn't work for me until after I did the Earth.

Does that mean the water part won't work until you have done the other two, and is the fire part last?

I have to get more maps - the ones I did only resulted in 1 red candle, and 6 black ones.
No. I did Air > Earth > Fire. I have water left. Does anyone know if you actually need fishing for this part? I got two SOSs from part 2's tmaps and did one (JOAT), but it was all junk.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so my dude is stuck.
i got the paper, went to see the dude up at his house in the void.
came back down saw his die'n friend in moonglow..... but now i cant get back to the dude in the void.
every time i hit the gate scroll it says i cant use that.
i have blackrock on me like i did the first time.

anyone else have this problem?

i was in chat and someone said to bounce around to different places so i spent 10 minutes recalling to every town and place in all my runebooks, still nothing.

quest is dead for me right now.
even went back to sherry to see if that would unstick it.

i took a break after i went and saw the dead dude and he gave me the note to take back to his friend in the void.
im guessing that logging out for a while did this?
I don't know if anyone has answered you yet but, if you log out anywhere but a house you own or an Inn, it is breaking the scroll and you have to page a GM to fix it. At least that is what we were told in Gen Chat on Sonoma.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone has answered you yet but, if you log out anywhere but a house you own or an Inn, it is breaking the scroll and you have to page a GM to fix it. At least that is what we were told in Gen Chat on Sonoma.
Yeah, he got it earlier.

Update: Got all 4 parts. Waiting on GM to fix my Ethereal Travel scroll, since I logged out in "unsafe" places and broke my scroll.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What happens in Vesper after talking to the city herald:

In " The Marsh Hall" we find 3 tavern guests and Sherry, the mouse, which gives us the next questpart.
We need to speak first with the guests before Sherry help us with further informations ;)

The Marsh Hall_Vesper.jpg

Sherry_Quest.jpg

Attachments

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I didn't log out at all and my Ethereal Journey scroll wouldn't work. It stopped working when I got the blackrock. All I did to fix it was to drop my piece of blackrock on the ground and then open the scroll gump, then I picked up the blackrock and cast the spell. I didn't need a GM to fix me.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No. I did Air > Earth > Fire. I have water left. Does anyone know if you actually need fishing for this part? I got two SOSs from part 2's tmaps and did one (JOAT), but it was all junk.
How are you getting sos's up with JOAT? It's not working for me AT ALL I even started training fishing but you need like 60 something to get stuff from deep water and I have 40 something now and all I get is the message you fish for awhile but fail to catch anything....im very frustrated! I have tried FOUR different sos's....4 different spots....now I HATE fishing but I LOVE sos's because it's just like doing maps on the water..love t-hunting! BUT if you're getting sos's to pop with just JOAT then I must be broken cus I"m getting squat :/

And it's not gonna pop with just one sos, you need to do several and hope you get lucky :)

As for the Summoning spell.....took me awhile to figure it out....well not THAT long but I hit the usual fire-y volcano-type locations and it was the last one on my list that was the right one lol.

It's a demon...

It's fire....

You need a pentagram to get the focus......

Where would you go to summon it??

And I killed mine with a Frost Dragon without TOO much issue ;) Only died a few times!

Screenshot_48.jpg

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doesn´t look like it´s active on Siege and I assume we had our server down two hours ago. :(
Or did I misread something?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Mesanna Can you please clarify whether or not a character that wants to finish this event arc quest MUST have the fishing skill AND be able to kill a boss-type monster ?

If this is the case, then I'm finished and ready to just cancel my accounts. I am NOT dumping more money into UO to buy soulstones to create character skill combinations that make no sense. I already have a good tamer on Sonoma and a good fisher. However, they are not on the same accounts and I am absolutely uninclined to mess up either one of them, train new skills, and pay for new soulstones.

I will be done and I think many other people will be too, if this is your plan for this event. We are already putting a lot of time into finishing this event and having to buy extras at this point that no one planned on is just ridiculous.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
am NOT dumping more money into UO to buy soulstones to create character skill combinations that make no sense.
It is kind of aggravating but you don't need to spend cash to buy a soul stone... just snag a soul stone frag token. They are still relatively cheap.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The fishing part? I have seen ppl with JOAT getting it just fine...no apparently you don't need fishing

The demon? Get friends to help...I did mine solo cus no one else was around to help with that part....but I'm sure if I had asked in gen chat ON ORIGIN (The dead shard) people would have gladly come to help...so NO you don't NEED to have fighting skills...you just need friends :)

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dooz it hab to beez da sos from da new treasure maps chest or can dey beez from any ol sos?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the red candles reusable? If not they need to bump up the spawn rate. I've done over 30 t-maps and only have 3 so will farm more today before starting this quest line.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fishing part? I have seen ppl with JOAT getting it just fine...no apparently you don't need fishing

The demon? Get friends to help...I did mine solo cus no one else was around to help with that part....but I'm sure if I had asked in gen chat ON ORIGIN (The dead shard) people would have gladly come to help...so NO you don't NEED to have fighting skills...you just need friends :)
The character I'm using is an Elf Tamer. Suggestions?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Mesanna Can you please clarify whether or not a character that wants to finish this event arc quest MUST have the fishing skill AND be able to kill a boss-type monster ?

If this is the case, then I'm finished and ready to just cancel my accounts. I am NOT dumping more money into UO to buy soulstones to create character skill combinations that make no sense. I already have a good tamer on Sonoma and a good fisher. However, they are not on the same accounts and I am absolutely uninclined to mess up either one of them, train new skills, and pay for new soulstones.

I will be done and I think many other people will be too, if this is your plan for this event. We are already putting a lot of time into finishing this event and having to buy extras at this point that no one planned on is just ridiculous.
I'm very disappointed in the Quicksilver part. I spent hours last night collecting it only to fail several times. I mean, c'mon, a 5% chance to make this thing AND you lose significant Quicksilver! My first try was a loss of 8, second a loss of 7 and the last try was a loss of TEN!!!
It's been a while since I've logged off UO in disgust but last night I actually went to bed angry. Seriously, what sadist thought this part up?

I have a suggestion, whoever did, I have a proposition for you. You now will be promoted!! All you have to do is ask your boss once a month. The catch is, 95% of the time the answer will be no and up to 1/2 your monthly salary will be taken away. Just hang in there, you'll get it - you really deserve it!! Ok, a bit of an extreme analogy but hey, I'm still miffed. ;)

Don't get me too wrong, I'm actually enjoying the mechanics of this arc, I really am. Some great ideas, fun stuff to do and read but as with everything UO there has to be some massive amount of frustration injected SOMEWHERE that just turns what could have been an epic adventure into a "I can't take much more of this crap" feeling. Out of our guild so far only two of us that I know of are continuing with this arc and one is quite a bit behind due to limited playing ability. I'm extremely stubborn and I vow to see it through, but wow.. this is not for the average player or for the faint of heart.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is kind of aggravating but you don't need to spend cash to buy a soul stone... just snag a soul stone frag token. They are still relatively cheap.
Why would I do that though? It's stupid.

Edited to add: Your suggestion isn't stupid, Kylie. I should have said more clearly that the idea that we have to use soulstones to do this is stupid. Really stupid.

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I figured out some of it. Finished Minoc and Skara. Now working on Fire. Am I looking for a specific Pentagram or can I use one anywhere.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm very disappointed in the Quicksilver part. I spent hours last night collecting it only to fail several times. I mean, c'mon, a 5% chance to make this thing AND you lose significant Quicksilver! My first try was a loss of 8, second a loss of 7 and the last try was a loss of TEN!!!
It's been a while since I've logged off UO in disgust but last night I actually went to bed angry. Seriously, what sadist thought this part up?

I have a suggestion, whoever did, I have a proposition for you. You now will be promoted!! All you have to do is ask your boss once a month. The catch is, 95% of the time the answer will be no and up to 1/2 your monthly salary will be taken away. Just hang in there, you'll get it - you really deserve it!! Ok, a bit of an extreme analogy but hey, I'm still miffed. ;)

Don't get me too wrong, I'm actually enjoying the mechanics of this arc, I really am. Some great ideas, fun stuff to do and read but as with everything UO there has to be some massive amount of frustration injected SOMEWHERE that just turns what could have been an epic adventure into a "I can't take much more of this crap" feeling. Out of our guild so far only two of us that I know of are continuing with this arc and one is quite a bit behind due to limited playing ability. I'm extremely stubborn and I vow to see it through, but wow.. this is not for the average player or for the faint of heart.
you know you can wear a tinkering talisman, right?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you know you can wear a tinkering talisman, right?
Well now, that helped a little - thanks for the suggestion. It raised my chances to 23%. Alas, burnt through 50 more quicksilver without a success so back to Minoc for more farming. *sighs* Honestly this is the first stage I'm wondering if I'll get it done before stage 4 starts. If every part is this bad and it's taking me 2 days to get through it, it's gonna be close! ;)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still stuck on the pentagram... No combination that I've tried has worked...

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well now, that helped a little - thanks for the suggestion. It raised my chances to 23%. Alas, burnt through 50 more quicksilver without a success so back to Minoc for more farming. *sighs* Honestly this is the first stage I'm wondering if I'll get it done before stage 4 starts. If every part is this bad and it's taking me 2 days to get through it, it's gonna be close! ;)
The Tinkering Master Craftsman talisman is even better. It prevents material loss.

Attachments

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay! Only 30 quicksilver later I have some grateful miners. Now I have to figure out how to get that necromancer wand. I have a GM Necro but can't figure out how to make the wand yet. Tried visiting Umbra necros and the necro teachers in New Haven but no luck there. Time to go reread that book again and hope for more clues.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I figured out some of it. Finished Minoc and Skara. Now working on Fire. Am I looking for a specific Pentagram or can I use one anywhere.
To get the focus, you can use a crafted one in your house. To fight Perihelion: It's in a place where Daemons spawn.

I'm still stuck on the pentagram... No combination that I've tried has worked...

To speed you up a bit: Black Candle goes on the top right. Red Candles go at the other points of the pentagram.

Does anyone know what to do at the end of this? I talked to Mythran the 3rd time and got the Stone Cache, but I have ZERO idea what to do now.
I locked down the Obelisk Tip after doubleclicking it. When I do that, it says "the obelisk is incomplete." I'm guessing I have to assemble it somehow, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Looks like another person with the problem of not being able to access the scroll, this time on Sonoma (I think Poo had the same problem there too).
And Clym also has this bug, waited on GM but had to log out, hopefully they fixed it, someone said that Kyronix said if you log out in a house that is not your own causes it, what kinda BS is that, all my accounts are co-owned to the other houses.

Callise

Journeyman
someone said that Kyronix said if you log out in a house that is not your own causes it, what kinda BS is that, all my accounts are co-owned to the other houses.
Not entirely sure but I think when it happened to my husband he had logged out at his own house.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
dude that page is messed up

when you get down past the 2nd part to todays stuff all im seeing is MASSSSSSSSIVE maps that take up the entire screen and also have slide bars going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over.

your map pics are friggin huge!
they totally cover up evrything there.
Sounds like you're using Firefox or Edge; they still have buggy css engines that can't handle the css that page is using. Try Chrome, at least for the wiki. :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
7 SOS's down...no staff.....one to go!

Wonder if Ancient Sos's will work..I got tons of those ;)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I'm stuck of course. Since I haven't seen this anywhere, can someone PM me how to get that wand? I'm assuming I have to kill necromancers somewhere since the spell book says initiate necromats have them, but the only one I know of is Niera and I don't have time right now to attempt that!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well, I'm stuck of course. Since I haven't seen this anywhere, can someone PM me how to get that wand? I'm assuming I have to kill necromancers somewhere since the spell book says initiate necromats have them, but the only one I know of is Niera and I don't have time right now to attempt that!
Wand?

You mean for the spell Grant Peace??

Did you read the notes at Mythrans house??

GrantPeace.jpg

All the clues you need are right there :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I need to actually see the proper setup for the pentagram... I'm clearly not getting something right, and I can't figure out what

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wand?

You mean for the spell Grant Peace??

Did you read the notes at Mythrans house??

View attachment 71409

All the clues you need are right there :)
Yes, I read that and I visited every necromancer in Umbra, none would talk to me, none sell the wand and the undead on the island (man sailing there is gonna be fun) I can't damage since I know I have to cast the spell which I can't without the wand. ;) I can be dense sometimes. Oh well, I'm done for today. Maybe some epiphany will come to me tonight. I haven't tried getting a thief to see if I can steal a wand from one of the necromancers yet, maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe I need to go play around in Doom as well since that was brought to life by the necromancers and age of shadows. :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I read that and I visited every necromancer in Umbra, none would talk to me, none sell the wand and the undead on the island (man sailing there is gonna be fun) I can't damage since I know I have to cast the spell which I can't without the wand. ;) I can be dense sometimes. Oh well, I'm done for today. Maybe some epiphany will come to me tonight. I haven't tried getting a thief to see if I can steal a wand from one of the necromancers yet, maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe I need to go play around in Doom as well since that was brought to life by the necromancers and age of shadows. :)
Get wand from the undead on the island, then go back if needed. Put the needed reagents in a pouch. Doubleclick the wand. Target pouch. afaik, you'll need, at minimum, JOAT Necromancy to do this. For an Elf or Gargoyle, throw on some skill jewelry and it should work.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh my...

get on a boat...kill one of the undead things from your boat...the wand will pop in your pack :)

Get a small pouch (From a provisoner) Put the 2 regs you need in that....go back to the island..you have to be ON the island I think :/ double click the wand, target the pouch...done :) Don't go talkin to people in Umbra silly!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh and you don't need necro at all

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll go back and try again, thanks! I did try killing stuff but everything there is blue and my pet can't damage them. Maybe since I'm an elf I don't have enough Necromancy to damage them? I'll imbue up some jewelry and try. Thanks!!!! :)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I need to actually see the proper setup for the pentagram... I'm clearly not getting something right, and I can't figure out what
I wonder if the stack bug if messing me up as well. Ive tried every spot and nothing