• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, We are happy to announce the details of our 20th Year Anniversary Party!. The dates are September 22nd and 23rd, 2017. Please go here to read about the activities, the location and rooms, and make sure you fill out the registration page if you are going to be joining us this year to help us celebrate. Please note the registration deadline to take advantage of the discounted room rates is March 31st, 2017. After that you can still register but the rooms will cost more. Space is limited so please register early! To cut down on confusion I […]

Continue reading...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, not fixed. tried it in Edge, Firefox and 2 different flavors of Chrome...same error.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now it's working!

Though it should probably ask for people's contact info...

Edit: Also, one of those pages should have the telephone# of the hotel to make a booking...

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now it's working!

Though it should probably ask for people's contact info...
Nah, at the location they won't have heard anything of an UO anniversary party anyway and you will have to send Mesanna an email to get in.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Bonnie, can you please check the link I put into the announcement for a sec?"
"Sure, I'll add it to the list"

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Derp... This hotel runs about ~$100+ a night.

Their phone# is (703)713-1234

What is the discount? What kind of room does that get us? Do we have to say anything specific when booking?

@Mesanna @Kyronix

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

What is the discount? What kind of room does that get us? Do we have to say anything specific when booking?

@Mesanna @Kyronix
Ditto: If I come, I may have to wrangle a driver for part of my transportation, that won't be a UO player (and will probably take shuttles and public transportation to do museum type stuff while I'm at the party).

If I have the driver, I'll be staying one night and be needing a room of my own.
If not, I'll need 2 nights (Thursday & Friday), and will need to find someone to split a room with.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
$100 a night? Holy shiznit....seriously? sighs

I just did a quick check for me and my kids (Yes I'd have to bring them with)

Room.jpg

If you book it now, that's not bad...not sure what Mesanna's discount rates are going to be, probably depends on how many people register.

But the airfare is what kills me...cheapest is $667.....(Wish I had a babysitter) With just me it would be around $230...still a bit steep for a single mom lol.

Oh well...hope ya'll have fun!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

@Mesanna @Kyronix
It just asks how many nights you will be staying. I think once Mesanna gets a rough estimate she will then go to the hotel and say, "I have X# of "reservations" what can you do for me. Just a guess though.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just asks how many nights you will be staying. I think once Mesanna gets a rough estimate she will then go to the hotel and say, "I have X# of "reservations" what can you do for me. Just a guess though.
Hotels usually have pre-set group rates though, ones that usually goes along with the rental of a conference space. So they should have some idea of what the rates would be.

Why register now, without rates, if you discover that the rate when it's revealed is too high? Things like that can scuttle a trip.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hotels usually have pre-set group rates though, ones that usually goes along with the rental of a conference space. So they should have some idea of what the rates would be.

Why register now, without rates, if you discover that the rate when it's revealed is too high? Things like that can scuttle a trip.
True.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a large group of hotels in the area, check one of the online hotel booking services for a better rate on a hotel. This area tends to be on the high side (Northern virginia), but you can get a better rate, just may not be the standards of a Hyatt.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The next question is will there be group transportation from the hotel to the park? BS provided? Public transportation? Do we need to rent cars or call cabs/Uber?

Planning is key.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Registered for the party!

Hopefully we will hear about Hotel discount information as soon as possible so that we can book arrangements accordingly.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You guys have fun there.
I am not planning to go any more. Had to renew my visa this year and it was immediately denied.
Didn't even get to go to the consulate for an interview. Oh well, I bet Canada is lovely at that time of the year.

lissa eldi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At the 15th I started out sharing a room with a friend, and it ended up 4 of us, I doubt there will be a problem finding a share.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Registered. I'm sure all the details for transportation, hotels etc will be resolved during the next 6 months.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys have fun there.
I am not planning to go any more. Had to renew my visa this year and it was immediately denied.
Didn't even get to go to the consulate for an interview. Oh well, I bet Canada is lovely at that time of the year.
Do you need a letter from someone in the US? Sometimes that can help clear some hurdles. Specially during the current.. heck, I'm not even going to go there. :grouphug:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Registered, but it didn't ask for contact info. How do we know whether our registration is confirmed?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking forward to meeting folks and the festivities. Haven't decided yet on driving (1700 miles one way), or flying.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
2807 miles. (each way)
hmmmmmmmmm

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2,844 miles each way. $322 one-way 7hr flight, $249 for a 63hr o_O Amtrak ride or I could start walking...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you need a letter from someone in the US? Sometimes that can help clear some hurdles. Specially during the current.. heck, I'm not even going to go there. :grouphug:
While that ought to help, I have already rearranged vacations plans to visit UK and Canada instead. Three international trips in one year is just not doable.
Still, I am a bit salty about this whole visa business. There was no problem securing it in 2008, and there was zero incidents during the 4 days I stayed in the US. And I left a fair bit of money at the local economy during those few days.
Oh well.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My rule of thumb is, if it's over a 2 hour drive, I FLY! LOL
You miss all the fun of a road trip by doing that though! Last year I drove from Miami to Denver and back again (yes I'm crazy), and it was great. Flying is faster of course, but the random little fun places you find in the middle of nowhere on road trips make up for the longer travel time :)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You miss all the fun of a road trip by doing that though! Last year I drove from Miami to Denver and back again (yes I'm crazy), and it was great. Flying is faster of course, but the random little fun places you find in the middle of nowhere on road trips make up for the longer travel time :)
Good point. But not happening for me though! I HATE to drive. Thank God our family ranch is only about 1 1/2 hours away from my home, or we would have to put a landing strip in to get me there for holidays!!! j/k ROFL

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

@Mesanna @Kyronix
There are a lot of places within about 5 miles of there that are cheaper, I reserved a room 4 miles away for $75 for the night. It's a 6 1/2 hour drive and well, I'm up and about around 3 am Fridays anyway so I'll just drive straight into the first day festivities and go from there.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm Only 410 miles or so ... almost 7 hour drive. Not too bad. And I could take extra time after to drop over to W. Virginia and see my niece.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Looking forward to it. But I have the same question... no contact info requested on the form? Seems like they are missing something.