• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat & Doom Artifacts Update to Test Center

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know, I haven't thought about it. I just want them to get these simple changes right so I don't have to quit.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You like to abuse the most overpowered things in game and defend them. You also came to stratics claiming 48 damage holy fist that is not interruptible and casts super fast was a fair spell (when you used it).

Listening to your opinion makes me cringe.
U are the one curse bugging yourself in 1vs1 tournaments or duels. Don't embarass yourself

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove the 7 seconds no stamina special of that bone crusher... Lower it to 2 seconds or remove completely.

It would be the most stupid thing pvp wise ever

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U are the one curse bugging yourself in 1vs1 tournaments or duels. Don't embarass yourself
You lost a tourney to someone else. Move on. This is not about your pvp ability (or lack there of)- I can do make fun of you for that on the hot boards.

Your interests here are self serving and sad. You claim other people need to learn to pvp while holding on to whatever obvious crutch you can.

My suggestions in these threads all nerf my templates in some way shape or form. But it is for the better of UO and pvp.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Come on guys, knock it off.

Lets not derail into attacking each other and our opinions or ideas. Argue constructively please, we have a lot of issues to work out here.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak Can we get a holy fist cap to 20 damage if your "wepskill" is Wrestling please? Queue the age of 5 man fister/wrestle/parry teams running round spamming 1 spell at people for 35 damage with the most defensive template the game has ever seen? Or possibly make Wrestling cap chiv at 2/6 as a small nerf for the extra offensive of the 35 damage fist spam combined with wrestle+parry?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think parry mages will be overpowered either with 30 SDI with the rest of the changes. Every other class in the game will be getting a buff besides archery, so it should balance out. Mystic mages, necro mages, melee, deathstriker, all buffed. So the idea that parry mages need a nerf WITH other classes getting buffed is wrong.

and obviously remove the SSI thing.
The issue with a parry mage is you simply cannot hit them. You continuously fail to acknowledge this. I generally miss 5-8 times before I land a hit. In that 6 seconds the 30sdi parry mage has plenty of time to land a combo that can kill. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

I'm against the SSI change but the fact will still remain that archers can still shoot 48 arrows per minute with almost unlimited mana at a comfortable 10 tile cushion. Example. With the auto attack on that program I've already been AI 2x before I can even reach an archer. That's 100 damage if both spells hit. That's just not acceptable to me.

So with everything you've mentioned parry mages will still be the go to template and archers will still be the main melee. Why even bother to change anything if you're not getting to the root of the problem?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know, I haven't thought about it. I just want them to get these simple changes right so I don't have to quit.
It's progressively gotten worse over the years. They've added game breaking things like splintering, and items that can cap you in 2 pieces basically. The simple changes will just open the door for new templates to complain about next week. Rinse and repeat is a veryyyy bad gameplan. The game CAN be balanced in its current state. Coming up with a base cap number is the key.should it be 35 unmodified? Meaning a basic armor ignore caps at 35 and the other damage stacks? Ok then you leave the door open for omen concussion doing 80 in some instances. So do they nerf omen? No..It's a heavy conundrum that can't be fixed with a bandage..imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Perhaps im just smarter than the average Archer? No one here ever heard of Force Arrow?
Sean the 90% of the players who post here never pvp or pvp once every month or more... Or have very bad set ups and suits, no stock etc... I loved the changes that were made but somehow things are going wrong again!!!

No tactics was good at last so we can have more templates to choose!!

And the ssi nerf is not needed tbh. Also pvm wise it's very bad

It's funny to see people complaining about parry mages but they prolly never got ganked by 3/4 archers in a group fight.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll clip together some bits i have of Trevor, Diddles and Leet, taking down my Parry Mage in a group fight from 150hp to dead in the blink of an eye at some point, which required huge amounts of skill on each of their part "Attack Selected" -> "AI Macro" -> Stand still momentarily.

Wow those parry mages got it so ez.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Focus parry mages are the go to template for a reason.

With archers dismounting, disarming, and running shooting you to death, of course you are going to have parry on a mage. Especially when fighting nothing but dexys... The problem I see is the parry plus the high damage. And now parry plus damage with a ssi nerf? No other mage template can compete with that, and melee (one tile) pvpers are going to die even faster with little hope to interrupt any spell in the 3-4 spells combo plus conflag and supernova that will kill them before they land one hit. How do we buff melee (one tile) dexys while putting alchy/parry mages on more of a even playing field?

I hate it that there isn't more versatility with mage builds, and these changes are doing nothing but reinforcing that fact or (need).

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo I pvp every day since ages... I mean I know truth hurts but I understand that many archers still have set ups of 6 yrs ago u cannot expect to compete vs nowadays suits set ups. Look at sean 's video... I tried to fight with very good mages ( with parry) vs very good archers and my partners got wrecked ( mortals had no delay too before...)... What I mean is that parry mages are not op. they are nice but they have many weaknesses anyway. Archers are nice in offense , they don't need to be destroyed by these crazy ssi changes. The big issue was the moving shots and now with phys dmg problem was solved

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue with a parry mage is you simply cannot hit them. You continuously fail to acknowledge this. I generally miss 5-8 times before I land a hit. In that 6 seconds the 30sdi parry mage has plenty of time to land a combo that can kill. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

I'm against the SSI change but the fact will still remain that archers can still shoot 48 arrows per minute with almost unlimited mana at a comfortable 10 tile cushion. Example. With the auto attack on that program I've already been AI 2x before I can even reach an archer. That's 100 damage if both spells hit. That's just not acceptable to me.

So with everything you've mentioned parry mages will still be the go to template and archers will still be the main melee. Why even bother to change anything if you're not getting to the root of the problem?
100% disagree. Parry mages aren't great, there's just no other options.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one played a parry mage 3 years ago. Nothing has changed since then except archery got overpowered and suits got overpowered. People will start playing other things once you they aren't forced to have parry to have a chance to survive.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll clip together some bits i have of Trevor, Diddles and Leet, taking down my Parry Mage in a group fight from 150hp to dead in the blink of an eye at some point, which required huge amounts of skill on each of their part "Attack Selected" -> "AI Macro" -> Stand still momentarily.

Wow those parry mages got it so ez.
So? All three of those are archers and you JUST tried to argue an archer has no problem with parry. I'm talking about 1 tile melee vs parry. Get with the program.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you give small buffs to mystic and necro and nerf running shot people will for sure start playing other things. No one actually likes playing a parry mage, its the most boring, horrible, and one dimensional template ever made. Once people start playing other things melee dexers will be relevant again.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pls bring back the NO tactics change for specials!!! Restore the old mechanics , we can make so many new templates again!!!

Ppl can lose some damage inc for not choosing tactics but they can do amazing hybrid toons

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sean the 90% of the players who post here never pvp or pvp once every month or more... Or have very bad set ups and suits, no stock etc... I loved the changes that were made but somehow things are going wrong again!!!

No tactics was good at last so we can have more templates to choose!!

And the ssi nerf is not needed tbh. Also pvm wise it's very bad

It's funny to see people complaining about parry mages but they prolly never got ganked by 3/4 archers in a group fight.
I thought we want to balance 1 vs 1. So sure 3-4 archers should kill you instead the other way round. Every got ganked by 3-4 parry mages?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought we want to balance 1 vs 1. So sure 3-4 archers should kill you instead the other way round. Every got ganked by 3-4 parry mages?
At least you can run and avoid dumps from 3-4 parry mages. Mages have to stop to cast. Moving shot is the reason this is more of a problem with archers.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mages can pre cast. But doesnt matter. Against 3-4 enemies you shouldnt survive that easy. And moving shot seems to get a nerf

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mages can pre cast. But doesnt matter. Against 3-4 enemies you shouldnt survive that easy. And Mages can also dismount.
Mages can dismount? Are you talking about bolos? The mage would have to fit quite a bit of HCI for this to be viable. Archers have moving shot and dismounts as well. It's easy to avoid a gank from all mages, just keep running. Pre cast is not even comparable. All 3-4 mages would have to have precast, and as soon as the curse hits, you know it's coming. Then they can't precast the rest of the fight without having to stop, and by that time you are off screen.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your problem are stealth/archers? Cause you also can avoid any archer gank by running too. But this is not about who can avoid fights/ganks easier, but balance 1 vs 1.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So your problem are stealth/archers? Cause you also can avoid any archer gank by running too. But this is not about who can avoid fights/ganks easier, but balance 1 vs 1.
No stealth archers are not the problem. You can't avoid by running because of moving shot.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its already not that hard to survive an archer gank on a parry mage, if the nerf is coming its still easier. Its pretty simple atm if the one getting ganked isnt running 3 parry mages vs 1 archer ends always in the death of the archer, 3 archers vs 1 Parry Mage does not always end in death for the mage.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its already not that hard to survive an archer gank on a parry mage
Exactly. The person you originally replied to comparing a gank from parry mages to a gank from archers said "It's funny to see people complaining about parry mages but they prolly never got ganked by 3/4 archers in a group fight.". I don't think you even know what you are arguing about anymore. That's the entire reason mages NEED to run parry. I'm simply stating that comparing a gank from 3-4 parry mages is not even close to the same as 3-4 archers.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just stated that you shouldnt normally survive a gank from 3-4 players, doesnt matter what template. But a parry mage now is way superior to a dexxer in a 1 vs 1 and thats what we a trying to balance.
I say forget about last update, put back Parry to the list not being able to be a focused mage so they got 15 SDI max, bring in the moving shot nerf and maybe the change that you dont need tactics for special moves (I have no idea what to think of it yet). Then lets do some testings and see where we need some tweaks.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not saying I agree with the change. But why should every weapon be able to be maxed out?
There are limitations. 60% Swing speed increase cap and as much stamina increase as you can fit, but it comes with sacrifices and requirements to suit and gear, especially for players who want to fit all the swing speed on the suit. With this change you would cap out on a composite at 45% ssi and 150 Stamina. Everything after that would be pointless. Doesn't leave much room for growth.

I mean, we as UO players will change and adapt. I Just wanted to make sure that they were sure.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are limitations. 60% Swing speed increase cap and as much stamina increase as you can fit, but it comes with sacrifices and requirements to suit and gear, especially for players who want to fit all the swing speed on the suit. With this change you would cap out on a composite at 45% ssi and 150 Stamina. Everything after that would be pointless. Doesn't leave much room for growth.

I mean, we as UO players will change and adapt. I Just wanted to make sure that they were sure.
It really wouldn't be useless to go above for Healing though. I understand the anger career archers are having with this. But I kind of like the ssi change for archery

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It really wouldn't be useless to go above for Healing though. I understand the anger career archers are having with this. But I kind of like the ssi change for archery
If you are at 150 dex (150 Stam) then you can't get any better at healing. Which any end game healer in both pvm and pvp will be running 150 dex.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are at 150 dex (150 Stam) then you can't get any better at healing. Which any end game healer in both pvm and pvp will be running 150 dex.
Oh..I always went curse proof. Considering Curse is usually a guarantee.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh..I always went curse proof. Considering Curse is usually a guarantee.
That is always a good plan, but that's what +7 dex/-7 Intel with 120 resist. In the end you still wouldn't need any stamina increase on your suit to swing a composite at max and that's just kind of silly to think about.

@Bleak The main question is how do the rounding rules work. If a weapon is say 16 ticks, 40% is 6.4 ticks. Does that round down or up. That might seem silly, but the majority of things in UO round up no matter what.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's not the problem.

The problem is to have ninja with chivalry in my opinion and still cast at 4/6
What?!?!?!?! do you know how hard these suits are to make?!?!?! I have a screen shot of killing Musara it's easy to kill these kind of chars. It's been this way since Aos why change it now? People need to learn pvp am i rite?!?!?!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love it when my "these devs don't play UO" comments are solidified.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My 2 cents...everyone has them in this thread.

20 SDI for all mages except for weapon or pure mages..

30 sdi for them, and allow 10 sdi overcap for scribe, if it is your only source of damage (the basic mage spells) then they should hit a lot harder. Weapon mages need to actually get close to matter but most people run now.

Swing speed changes seem much too harsh. I would say lower the base damage on composite bow or reduce the amount of damage archer's special moves do in general. I am just getting into the swing of things and I tried fighting an archer the other day on a mystic mage (no parry) - insane how hard it is to cast now and how much I am getting hit (plus the damage against)

I didn't see the "upgraded" artifacts, but I did see new ones and they don't fit, we need to improve what we already have....I liked my thread for that.

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you give small buffs to mystic and necro and nerf running shot people will for sure start playing other things. No one actually likes playing a parry mage, its the most boring, horrible, and one dimensional template ever made. Once people start playing other things melee dexers will be relevant again.
Days one after this kind of change i play a mystic mage or a tank mage

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
why are they changing tactics requirements? why give mages a free skill? how many more will quit the game? same old mistakes

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why are they changing tactics requirements? why give mages a free skill? how many more will quit the game? same old mistakes
The mistake was in ADDING it in the first place - it cut down on the # of templates that could be used in pvp. Mages? Example tank mage template you can make with the requirement removed: Mage/Eval/Resist/Weap Skill/Inscribe/Alchemy. Currently, the only way to fit enough Tactics on that template to use Specials would be with skill increase items. If Tactics isn't needed, you could use skill increase to fit something different, like Poisoning.