• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, We will pushing Publish 95 to Origin & Baja by approximately 4pm ET today, 11/10/2016. Izumo will receive Publish 95 during its normal maintenance period. Until Publish 95 is deployed world wide, character transfer between Origin, Izumo, and Baja will be disabled. Publish 95 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. We will also be pushing a mandatory client patch as well, so make sure you are running the latest versions of the classic […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
First off...our town criers do NOT tell us what city the Festival is going on in because they are shouting about our next EM event...NOT a bad thing! lol but is there a way to have it do both? Or..some other way to announce where the Festival is at?

Second...when you added the Make Number and Make Max options to the crafting gumps I was very excited....this combine with contained items option? OVER THE FREAKING MOON!!!!!!!

I am a BOD fillin FOOL! Who the heck needs scripts??? THANK YOU THANK YOU! Best news since the Cubs won the World Series ! :heart:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If possible... could the spider mounts be adjusted so they don't sink into the floor of Luna?

Considering there are going to be 10+ people standing in Luna bank while riding this all the time on Atlantic, spider legs sinking into the floor will get a bit awkward looking.

Untitled.png

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, 1 whole day on TC since the update.

*shrugs*
%1,000 :thumbup1: and what about the advance notice that it is going to the Prodo Test Shards, 24 hours would have been nice to get some Chars off to other shards and bring home some other Chars too.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If possible... could the spider mounts be adjusted so they don't sink into the floor of Luna?

Considering there are going to be 10+ people standing in Luna bank while riding this all the time on Atlantic, spider legs sinking into the floor will get a bit awkward looking.

View attachment 56612
Those things are WAY TO BIG. People screamed about GD and now we have these too, LOL.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I went to all the locations for the Elf for the Artisan Festival and no dice, I guess it's not active yet? :( Will check again.

Went and killed one tiger and one Myrmidex Drone and turned them in so that's all good.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do we get inscription bods on Origin? I tried a scribe and it is not on the menu. I got all other new bods.

Only the scribe at the Lyceum had bods. I cannot find another npc with them for inscription.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to all the locations for the Elf for the Artisan Festival and no dice, I guess it's not active yet? :( Will check again.

Went and killed one tiger and one Myrmidex Drone and turned them in so that's all good.
The Artisan Festival begins on December 1st.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Artisan Festival begins on December 1st.
DOH! Sorry my bad got overly excited lol.

One thing, I am filling a tinker BOD for copper globes and accidentally forgot to switch ingot types and made a few regular iron ones but the BOD took them anyway when I filled from container.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Looks like it's doing it with all colored BOD's?

Have only tested Tinkering but will test the rest, definitely something to look into though.

cleaver.jpg cleaver2.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so it seems it's just the new BOD's that are that way. (sorry I'm totally spamming this thread but now I"m testing like mad)

Got a Tinker BOD for springs, it says I am making them but I am not!

It's using up my ingots but no springs are being made...

Where.jpg

Notice that there are no springs in my contained bag.

Also when I went to try to fill it from the container...

Container.jpg

Notice the journal messages..not only does it spam WAY too much, but it states that I have provided more then which has been requested, which obviously is not true because I didn't make any!

So another glitch there.

WAIT HOLD THE PHONE!

I did make them, they were UNDER my tinker tools! BUT I made 16...and since they stack it won't fill the BOD because there are too many! So it won't take whatever amount is needed from a stack you have to separate it if you are making a stacked item!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOOT

Won the BOD Lotto! :)

WOOT.jpg

Unfortunately it's just like real life..they take TAXES out....the best thing I could get for 700 points is a heartwood map...OR the heartwood Tali for 650...but what if I don't want the heartwood map or tali but I want something that's worth less points.....I forfeit the remaining balance if I chose to use it now....which doesn't seem too fair to me, can this be looked at and maybe let us use all the points in one go and choose multiple lower end items?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

In the EC, when throwing snowballs at someone, the hit effect is a small explosion. Could this be hued white, instead of fiery? Could we also get the animations of the snowball traveling to the target back (they are presently invisible)?

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix ,miners valorite map It will only show one spawn valorite in 24 hours or one map will show several spawns all over the map in 24 hours ? If map will only show one spawn,maybe it makes sense to do so for high material one map show several spawns in 24 hours ?

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Greetings Everyone, We will pushing Publish 95 to Origin & Baja by approximately 4pm ET today, 11/10/2016. Izumo will receive Publish 95 during its normal maintenance period. Until Publish 95 is deployed world wide, character transfer between Origin, Izumo, and Baja will be disabled. Publish 95 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. We will also be pushing a mandatory client patch as well, so make sure you are running the latest versions of the classic […]

Continue reading...

Are you kidding me?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

In the EC, when throwing snowballs at someone, the hit effect is a small explosion. Could this be hued white, instead of fiery? Could we also get the animations of the snowball traveling to the target back (they are presently invisible)?
Perhaps. Missiles in the EC that use certain art types don't play nice with the missile system. This isn't something we'll be able to address in 95 though.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Kyronix

Ok here a question concerning the new tiger trophy, if you kill a white or black tiger will the trophy match the color of the kill?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Ok here a question concerning the new tiger trophy, if you kill a white or black tiger will the trophy match the color of the kill?
It'll be orange. Unfortunately the way the tiger coloring gets set up doesn't play nice with the trophy system. It's something we hope to fix for next year.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It'll be orange. Unfortunately the way the tiger coloring gets set up doesn't play nice with the trophy system. It's something we hope to fix for next year.
Just curious... why keep adding content that is knowingly in need of fixing? Wouldn't it be better to get it working properly before pushing it out? We have SO much content that gets added and never gotten back around to...

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious... why keep adding content that is knowingly in need of fixing? Wouldn't it be better to get it working properly before pushing it out? We have SO much content that gets added and never gotten back around to...
We have X amount of time available during a publish cycle per discipline (Design, Engineering, Art, QA). We decide we want to do features A, B, and C. All those features get scoped out for each discipline and you come up with a timeline to hit the target date of release. For some stuff - especially holiday stuff, you have hard release dates. When you run into issues that expand beyond the original scope of a specific discipline's original estimate you have to decide what to do - either expand the scope or move on and address it later. If you decide to expand the scope enough times it leads to what we call "feature creep" which can throw off the entire schedule and what often times leads to projects/features landing in "development hell." In the case of the Trophy, our art/design/engineering resources are heavily vested in doing new/revamped creatures & functionality for the pet revamp, so we start tweaking the schedule now and it throws off that project for the future. Do it enough times and like I said, development hell.

This often begs the question, "Why don't you just release this thing or that and release whatever else later?" There's a lot of inter-dependency in the code base and doing that many forks gets messy pretty quickly, and as you can imagine after all these years its challenging enough to deal with it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have X amount of time available during a publish cycle per discipline (Design, Engineering, Art, QA). We decide we want to do features A, B, and C. All those features get scoped out for each discipline and you come up with a timeline to hit the target date of release. For some stuff - especially holiday stuff, you have hard release dates. When you run into issues that expand beyond the original scope of a specific discipline's original estimate you have to decide what to do - either expand the scope or move on and address it later. If you decide to expand the scope enough times it leads to what we call "feature creep" which can throw off the entire schedule and what often times leads to projects/features landing in "development hell." In the case of the Trophy, our art/design/engineering resources are heavily vested in doing new/revamped creatures & functionality for the pet revamp, so we start tweaking the schedule now and it throws off that project for the future. Do it enough times and like I said, development hell.

This often begs the question, "Why don't you just release this thing or that and release whatever else later?" There's a lot of inter-dependency in the code base and doing that many forks gets messy pretty quickly, and as you can imagine after all these years its challenging enough to deal with it.
And ultimately what you end up with is more and more code that is more and more broken.

We have issues that have been identified, yet remain broken for years... all in the name of adding more content (with more broken code).

I imagine it like this...
3 guys sitting in a boat that is half full of water. 2 of them are rowing the boat while the 3rd had a small spoon trying to scoop the water out of the boat... the problem is that for every spoonful of water man 3 gets out of the boat, the 2 guys rowing splash double the amount of water back in. Now, rowing is a very important part of being on the boat... but at some point they have got to stop splashing water into the boat or it will inevitably sink.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Let me give an example from 9 years ago to what Kyronix is referring to.

While we in the Americas and Europe didn't get a boxed set for Kingdom Reborn, UO Japan had a box (soundtrack CD?) with a KR install disc as a "bonus" (thinly disguised way to get a "boxed product" on the shelves there). EA Japan was FIRMLY committed to having it shipped 2Q 2007 - or, on the shelves no later than the start of July. This created a Hard release date for the rest of the world, as it would have cost them thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars, to cancel or delay that Japanese release (not to mention the potential embarrassment for the non-delivery for the UO staff in Japan - some Japanese are still like that).

Between "Feature Creep", program bugs, and the like, KR wasn't really ready for an INTERNAL ALPHA when it was forced into OPEN BETA by that hard deadline. And it was released at a point when it should have been, at best, put into closed Beta. The whole KR debacle was caused by deadlines. Had that hard release date not been there, the KR client would have been a 10th anniversary release that September at the EARLIEST (more likely would have been a 1Q 2008 release), and been a LOT more functional than the turd sandwich we got.

And the "just release what you got" idea resulted in KR - and the INABILITY to get later stuff to mesh, because of the inter-dependency of code, is what forced them to have to effectively reprogram the KR client from scratch to create the Stygian Abyss Enhanced Client - which DOES work in many ways that simply patching KR did not.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, I lost the snow and have great swathes of bright pink. This is EC - anyone else seeing it? All was fine before the 'hot fix'.

glitch.jpg

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still have snow, but ALL of my Samurai Empire containers are now ugly pink squares. I also see pink squares under houses when I walk onto the steps, but then they go away.

Hmm.. SE house parts are also now pink squares.

@Bleak @Kyronix

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep very glitchy.

ChestOfHeirlooms.jpg foundation.jpg foundation2.jpg

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. We are investigating the issue and will have a new client deployed ASAP.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not a Hot fix, it's a Hot PINK fix! LOL

Things in New Haven sure are brighter! :)

In the EC anyway!

NewHaven.jpg NewHavenCC.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any scribes in new haven that give bods? The inscription instructor does not.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know about New Haven; on TC I got inscription BODs at the Lyceum
Yep that's where I'm getting mine too, can't get EVERYTHING in Luna you know! ;)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ugh. that spider mount. great idea. but hideous implementation. i can't even tell what it is supposed to be in captn's pics. and a mount that nearly covers 6 tiles? that's way too much. please fix it.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definitely not a fan of the spider mount. Disappointing

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does seem that some items bought from NPC shops (such as potions & scrolls) still cannot be combined. You get "The item is not in the request" message.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not just about collecting..thats the easy part. But if you care about city loyalty you want to turn in in your city. Its not just scribes you cant find , its all bit smits tailors and cooks that miss here and there. And if you save up bods and want to bribe when you have some spare time , you will notice how little you get done before you used the service from every NPC you know about. We need more NPCs, and if possible the existing ones should be a bit more corrupted...

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just made 20 heartwood wild staves on origin. None of the have heartwood on then but wood was used and they are green. Deed won't accept them. Really? The higher end stuff? Thanks Obama. But seriously...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so I am starting to try Scribe BOD's. Made feeblemind no problem but both necro BODs I have..Evil Omen and Blood Oath, it says I don't have the components needed to make that. DontHave.jpg

I even tried taking one of each necro reg out of the stack to see if maybe that would work but it didn't.