• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 93 Available World Wide

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hooded shroud, charger and SS are individual store items now instead of 3 in the same token :)
I believe price for soulstone is ok, but the Hooded shroud should cost less or they should add a mod to it, maybe something like 5 DCI to give players a reason to buy it.
The changer is a little to expensive too I believe.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this:
"While interacting with the Ultima Store your character is in “no-play” mode. While in “no-play” mode you will not be able to interact with anything in-game but the Ultima Store."

Where are you 100% safe on Siege, sure not in towns. Do it mean you will be not attackable? Can it be abused?
what she means is you do a champ or something and just as you finish you get your drops and a pk party raids you. you go into store mode and they cannot attack you and you sit in store mode until they leave.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I got this wrong, I thought these things were part of this publish. Crafted stained glass walls, stackable blackrock, new turn in items, new turn in rewards. No? :( The small bird statues are very cute.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
what she means is you do a champ or something and just as you finish you get your drops and a pk party raids you. you go into store mode and they cannot attack you and you sit in store mode until they leave.
As you need to be in town sone or in house to access the store, you can't abuse it at champ or other spawns. I was thinking of orange, grey and reds in towns, could it be used to interrupt a fight. Some reported, that players would attack outside the moongates, then run in moongate and go in store mode.
I could see blue abuse it in Fel too, attack a red, then run to moongate and be safe in store mode.
I was just doing a little brain storm, as I know, if something can be abused, some will abuse it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My Fancy Couch (west) do have a problem, I saw this after server came up with new public, tried to axe the Couch, but got no deed.
I then made a new and placed and it looked fine, until I logged in today. Now I again only have 2/3 of my couch :(
upload_2016-6-1_18-0-26.png

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My Fancy Couch (west) do have a problem, I saw this after server came up with new public, tried to axe the Couch, but got no deed.
I then made a new and placed and it looked fine, until I logged in today. Now I again only have 2/3 of my couch :(
View attachment 48516
Obviously your tiger used it as a scratching post!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah ... this automatic hiding when going into the Store needs to get fixed ASAP. It will be exploited for more than just PVP purposes.

Either it shouldn't hide you, Period. Or you should have to be in a safe area to use the store (i.e., your house, within the confines of a Trammel town, etc.).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wandering around looking. Lava berries were all over the place around the Jukari's.

But, Never could find a silverback in the great ape cave. I even poked him a few times to see if I had to do that to spawn some. No luck. what gives?

Myrmidex eggsacs sposed to be on drones...killed enough to advance the turtle spawn with no luck finding one on a corpse.

Do you have to be on the quest to see the silverbacks in ape cave? and to see eggsacs in corpses?? any idea?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All customer service companies dealing with hardware (pc,modem,cable box etc)..love love love to have you reboot it..LOL , don't you know that fixes everything ? hahaha
Customer support 101: Have the customer reboot their computer while you search Google for the answer.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix can you remove the "pledge allegiance again" after completing a quest chain? The only reason for it to be done again at all is if you switch sides while in the middle of one of the quest chains.
Each time you complete the quest chain you need to fight in the pits again. If you change midway through a quest, you'll need to either pledge to the side you won with or win with the side you've switched to.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix The myrmidex in the queen's chamber need to be toned down and the spawn lessened considerably...perhaps limit it to drones and larvae with a warrior being a rarity (you've already made it to the inner sanctum after all). Fighting her and 10 million high-hitpoint warp speed mobs is less than fun, it is also why people are reporting overly long fights.

The pit fight would do better with scaling to the number of people actually there and or having less waves per "front" over all. Even with 4-5 people, the fight is somply way too long. Think champ spawn length for an appropriate timespan.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix The myrmidex in the queen's chamber need to be toned down and the spawn lessened considerably...perhaps limit it to drones and larvae with a warrior being a rarity (you've already made it to the inner sanctum after all). Fighting her and 10 million high-hitpoint warp speed mobs is less than fun, it is also why people are reporting overly long fights.

The pit fight would do better with scaling to the number of people actually there and or having less waves per "front" over all. Even with 4-5 people, the fight is somply way too long. Think champ spawn length for an appropriate timespan.
The Queen's chamber is specifically designed to be different than your average boss encounter. Very many boss encounters are a gank-fest on the mob with a GD tanking while everyone spams AI/[insert favorite max spell damage spell here]. This is not one of those encounters. Pay attention to all the elements inside the chamber. Nothing is there by accident and bull rushing without a tactical plan is unlikely to result in victory.

There are currently three waves per front and three fronts overall, it can get drawn out if you are actively being opposed but eventually one side will have to win as the balance of forces shifts as the mobs that spawn are leveled up.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Queen's chamber is specifically designed to be different than your average boss encounter. Very many boss encounters are a gank-fest on the mob with a GD tanking while everyone spams AI/[insert favorite max spell damage spell here]. This is not one of those encounters. Pay attention to all the elements inside the chamber. Nothing is there by accident and bull rushing without a tactical plan is unlikely to result in victory.
It's. Too. Much.

Go to the queen's chamber on GL right now and tell me that would be fun to fight through. A regular player would be lucky to get through the door and see it in color for a moment or two. There are simply far, far too many myrmidex ready to gank you upon entry...and they're nearly all warriors ready to spam reveal, poison and ebolt. People aren't asking you to stop the spawn, just dial it back so its less anger inducing.

I've noticed a few oddities in the myrmidex behavior, and I'm sure I'd figure out more things if the spawn were turned down to something manageable. Not every shard is Atlantic with full parties able to form nearly 24/7.

There are currently three waves per front and three fronts overall, it can get drawn out if you are actively being opposed but eventually one side will have to win as the balance of forces shifts as the mobs that spawn are leveled up.
I've seen the signposts say wave X of 20 killed in wave Y, but the seem to spawn in a numbers exceeding 20. Is the 20 counting myrmidex and tribespeople?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Having done this initial Myrmidex vs. Eodonians fight a few times now, I have to say I do NOT like how it works.

I asked my friend to join me to work on the new quest. She and I were fighting on the Myrmidex side and had made pretty good progress when a couple guys came in on the Eodonian side. There was no point continuing--we were at a stalemate. So we left.

My friend has said that she won't be doing that quest again at all, and I can't blame her--if everyone doesn't pick the same side (which, let's face it, will usually be Eodonian since the banner is right there at the entrance) then it's going to be a major pain, especially if both sides are roughly evenly matched or if you happen to be in the smaller group. That's a frustrating mechanic to deal with at all, let alone a repeatable quest. Grinding 3+ hours of fighting for a single quest just isn't fun.

I got a bigger group and am waiting for the respawn... but the fact is that I had to literally stop and wait for the other side to finish. I couldn't proceed with my quest, and I couldn't switch sides. I could have kept fighting, but where's the fun in an endless stalemate? This is just frustrating. :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There are two entrances. The one at the Brit Encampment and another at the other end of the Barrab Village. But, the front lines change where they are. The quest has ended while I was away from the entrance flag area on either side. It seems like there are three waves you have to push back in total. Each one having 20 deaths. I could be wrong there but will test it over night when most folks are sleeping to make sure.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having done this initial Myrmidex vs. Eodonians fight a few times now, I have to say I do NOT like how it works.

I asked my friend to join me to work on the new quest. She and I were fighting on the Myrmidex side and had made pretty good progress when a couple guys came in on the Eodonian side. There was no point continuing--we were at a stalemate. So we left.

My friend has said that she won't be doing that quest again at all, and I can't blame her--if everyone doesn't pick the same side (which, let's face it, will usually be Eodonian since the banner is right there at the entrance) then it's going to be a major pain, especially if both sides are roughly evenly matched or if you happen to be in the smaller group. That's a frustrating mechanic to deal with at all, let alone a repeatable quest. Grinding 3+ hours of fighting for a single quest just isn't fun.

I got a bigger group and am waiting for the respawn... but the fact is that I had to literally stop and wait for the other side to finish. I couldn't proceed with my quest, and I couldn't switch sides. I could have kept fighting, but where's the fun in an endless stalemate? This is just frustrating. :(
A way to go about it is, before declaring loyalty, go inside and see who is winning (has more players on one side fighting)
Then Declare.

If you Declare and are alone, then people come in to oppose, well that does suck, but go at an active time and try the scout then declare method.

People will eventually get this and do it themselves and realize it is win for all that way.