• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, deleted EVERYTHING and started from scratch.
It is mostly working now. I've sent a few bug reports I noticed, such as stun debuff icon staying stuck, buff icons disappearing, requiring a fresh login to get them back, and the most annoying one, UI Playsound losing contact with UO after sending a bug report, or crashing right after it:

uopinco60_03.png uopinco60_04.png uopinco60_05.png uopinco60_06.png

And I have to say I am not a fan of having to run UI Playsound alongside EC for it to run.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I have to say I am not a fan of having to run UI Playsound alongside EC for it to run.
Unfortunately many features requires playsound in order to work properly, and not just sounds...

and about the buff debuff, I'm going to need much more details on how to replicate the problem, otherwise I cannot even replicate it...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will see if I can gather more details tonight, but it will be unlikely. Otherwise, I will only be able to do it next weekend.
Leaving for a business trip tomorrow first thing in the morning.

If needed, I can send the profile file where I am facing that problem.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still, the documents files only contains settings, removing them doesn't alter the game. Try to remove the whole folder (make a backup of it first) and see by yourself...
That's exactly what I did before, I made a backup of the entire file, deleted all items except the account folders, went back in and that is when it would not even take information in the login window.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly what I did before, I made a backup of the entire file, deleted all items except the account folders, went back in and that is when it would not even take information in the login window.
this folder you must try to remove: "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss"

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this folder you must try to remove: "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss"
Nope, not that one, I'm dumb but not that dumb.
One I removed was Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserData

There are many many files and folders in that directory in addition to a folder for each account of mine, 103 total files.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, not that one, I'm dumb but not that dumb.
One I removed was Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserData

There are many many files and folders in that directory in addition to a folder for each account of mine, 103 total files.
obviosly you have to make a backup for it first -.-

Brockis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the gump when doing virtue wars in town sits ontop of your character and whenever u move it, it keeps returning back over your character blocking the view

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the gump when doing virtue wars in town sits ontop of your character and whenever u move it, it keeps returning back over your character blocking the view
I'm starting to hate that gump... try now :|

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I saw in another post that you added back the Wall of Text. Just tried it have found 2 errors the very long Cap on the weapon and No resists show on the Armor (see below pics).
upload_2014-12-1_17-11-24.png

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do containers by default have to come up looking like this when you open them - tiny squares with all that blank space on the side?

View attachment 25982

You can change it with the scale mode button and the mouse wheel (it takes my mouse wheel a while to kick in and do anything when I do use scale mode, so it's a bit of a hassle), but why do they have to open like this in the first place?
How do you work the "Scale Mode"? My backpack has micro cellular sized slots in it. My rune books look like colored tic tacs. :p

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since yesterday afternoon (seems like I downloaded an update?), I am unable to stay connected with Pinco's. I can stay connected fine with the Classic Client. I can stay connected fine with the Enhanced Client without Pinco's enabled. I have tried uninstalling Pinco's and reinstalling, but that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas as to whats going on?? :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since yesterday afternoon (seems like I downloaded an update?), I am unable to stay connected with Pinco's. I can stay connected fine with the Classic Client. I can stay connected fine with the Enhanced Client without Pinco's enabled. I have tried uninstalling Pinco's and reinstalling, but that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas as to whats going on?? :(
is not the UI, is the server, it's all day that is causing trouble to connect and to stay connected :|

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
is not the UI, is the server, it's all day that is causing trouble to connect and to stay connected :|
I don't think its the server. My husband is sitting on his computer right next to me and is connected fine and has been for over an hour with no interruptions. I can stay connected to all other platforms (CC and EC with no Pinco's installed) until I try to connect with Pinco's installed. Like clockwork 30 seconds later I am disconnected. I was connected fine yesterday, then I went to log in and had to download like a 20 second download, and since then I cant stay connected.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think its the server. My husband is sitting on his computer right next to me and is connected fine and has been for over an hour with no interruptions. I can stay connected to all other platforms (CC and EC with no Pinco's installed) until I try to connect with Pinco's installed. Like clockwork 30 seconds later I am disconnected. I was connected fine yesterday, then I went to log in and had to download like a 20 second download, and since then I cant stay connected.
it's not the same problem I'm having, I just keep getting an error when trying to connect, the disconnection was totally random this morning...

Anyway, try the BETA 5 perhaps you'll find you're answer there :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the VvV doesn't blink anymore. Thanks. Well if you make it smaller, it goes bigger for a sec then shrinks, then big... So leaving it a the right size solves the problem. Thanks for all your work. I'm loving your new UI...

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
it's not the same problem I'm having, I just keep getting an error when trying to connect, the disconnection was totally random this morning...

Anyway, try the BETA 5 perhaps you'll find you're answer there :p
Thanks Pinco, I will give that a try. Love the UI so I WILL figure this out lol. Wont't play the EC without Pinco's :)

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Pinco, I will give that a try. Love the UI so I WILL figure this out lol. Wont't play the EC without Pinco's :)
Well I seem to have fixed it. I uninstalled everything to do with the UI and reinstalled it. The Codecs, Direct X 9 everything. And that worked. So Yay! I am back using Pinco's!!!!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Hotbars are now going to their maximum length if you reload the UI, completely ignoring what they were set to.

I also can't open my paperdoll from either the action or double clicking on myself.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Hotbars are now going to their maximum length if you reload the UI, completely ignoring what they were set to.

I also can't open my paperdoll from either the action or double clicking on myself.
I tried with your profile and I found the problem with the hotbars, but the paperdoll works perfectly...

Give it a try :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried with your profile and I found the problem with the hotbars, but the paperdoll works perfectly...

Give it a try :D
Nope, still doesn't open, and now the issue is spreading to other chars :sad3:

I did the reset UI locs thing and that didn't work to bring it back :sad2:

Edit: I can still open up other people's paperdolls...

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I now have lost my paperdoll as well and can not get it back. Also I can't get rid of the You See messages... I've tried everything but i'm still seeing stuff and it lags me up so bad I can't move. Also I keep getting messages that I can't do things right now as I am busy doing something..... well I don't know wtf I'm doing because as far as I know I haven't done anything at all and maybe it's the client trying to load my doll but can't but it totally lags out my client and I crash.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you work the "Scale Mode"? My backpack has micro cellular sized slots in it. My rune books look like colored tic tacs. :p
Go to Actions - Other - drag scale mode icon onto hot bar - click icon to activate (you'll see a message "scale mode activated") - use mouse wheel to scale - it usually takes me a long time spinning the wheel before anything happens - not sure what you set if you don't have a mouse wheel

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I now have lost my paperdoll as well and can not get it back.
My paperdoll wouldn't open on any of the characters I tried tonight after the patch, either - not with the character icon, not the default C and not with the character menu

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even tried to reset UI locks No paperdoll.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok... at the END of my rope here.... I've now 100% uninstalled the EC deleted EVERYTHING left..... Even the entire folder in the Documents folder... I'm going to freaking have a clean freaking slate.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The fix can't reset the hotbars size, that must be done manually or you have to restore a backup
Malag found the cause of the paperdoll block, it's the "-" symbol in the name, and I'm working on a fix right now for that

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
new mini-patch up for fixing paperdolls and music issues.
:danceb::grin: Group hug for you!!!! :grouphug: Thanks Pinco! You ROCK!:party: I'm so happy I feel like dancing! :snoopy: TYTYTYTYTY!!!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco

My paperdoll still won't open on multiple characters :(
Dot... Mine did not at first either but I went into the Default UI pulled up my doll... went back to Pinco's loaded it... then went back out of the client totally.. and back in and it came up fine.

Step by step log into game... try to open paperdoll. Open the Options menu and use that to switch to Default UI... Open paperdoll... (This does work) Log out close the client down... Reload the client switch it at the top to Pinco's UI... Log back in. You "should" have a paperdoll... if not try opening Paperdoll again it should open.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dot... Mine did not at first either but I went into the Default UI pulled up my doll... went back to Pinco's loaded it... then went back out of the client totally.. and back in and it came up fine.

Step by step log into game... try to open paperdoll. Open the Options menu and use that to switch to Default UI... Open paperdoll... (This does work) Log out close the client down... Reload the client switch it at the top to Pinco's UI... Log back in. You "should" have a paperdoll... if not try opening Paperdoll again it should open.

Hope that helps.
you should try the reset UI Locs, but always make a backup before doing that :D
Sorry, but neither of these worked. I tried the reset locs last night and it didn't work then either. The paperdoll issue has now spread to ALL my characters. In the default UI, it still works. This is a new issue with the last Pinco's update.

FYI the book recorder doesn't work either, in fact it crashes the client.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just logged on to a char just now, the paper doll was missing and it was laggy as all heck. Same char worked fine 2 hours ago. Switched to reg EC, paper doll came back and lag was gone. Switched to Pincos again and still the same problem. Very odd since there wasn't a patch between log ins.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just logged on to a char just now, the paper doll was missing and it was laggy as all heck. Same char worked fine 2 hours ago. Switched to reg EC, paper doll came back and lag was gone. Switched to Pincos again and still the same problem. Very odd since there wasn't a patch between log ins.
The lag is because it's unable to open the paperdoll and it keeps trying...

for the paperdoll try this:
in game press enter and say: /script WindowSetShowing("DebugWindow", true)

on the debug window that appears press "Enable Logging" then try to open the paperdoll and see if some purple/yellow text appears and let me know the file name and line number that you see, thanks.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a work-around, I can switch to regular EC, get my Paper doll back, switch to Pincos, exit the game and when I log on, I have the paper doll. If I close the paper doll after doing this I have the problem again. (Note to self: don't close the paper doll)..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a work-around, I can switch to regular EC, get my Paper doll back, switch to Pincos, exit the game and when I log on, I have the paper doll. If I close the paper doll after doing this I have the problem again. (Note to self: don't close the paper doll)..
do you have any lord or lady on the paperdoll?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, that seems to have fixed it. I can open and close my paper doll without any issues. Thanks :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you Pinco! I think we might be ok now. Just the book issue... But books are always a pain... and not sure if you have it back or your putting it back but the journal recorder. I could beg and plead to have it save per day... into files/folders that are dated for each day that would make me happy.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Pinco! I think we might be ok now. Just the book issue... But books are always a pain... and not sure if you have it back or your putting it back but the journal recorder. I could beg and plead to have it save per day... into files/folders that are dated for each day that would make me happy.
the book recorder is working, and to save the journal, just do it manually by right-clicking the tab.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the book recorder is working, and to save the journal, just do it manually by right-clicking the tab.
Nope... I go to meetings... I can't save the journal every 10 min..... I like to keep a record of what my character does in RP... that way I can go back and print out the entire meeting... post it to forums. We used to have a button for just recording everything all the time... click it and forget it. Pull it out when I need it.