• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did the uninstall, manual delete thing and am still having the same issues.

The container/backpack gump is still messed up.
those are not the real problems, those has already been addressed for the next patch. The last problem around that I can't replicate is the one of the item properties on loot...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
those are not the real problems, those has already been addressed for the next patch. The last problem around that I can't replicate is the one of the item properties on loot...
Where the tooltips disappear after a second?

That appears to be random. It wasn't happening to me at all, then suddenly it did when looting random mobs. The description would be there for an instant and then gone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I'm down in the dark Guardian room in Doom it's REALLY bad. I can't loot anything... it lasts .2 seconds.

When I was at the EM event on Tuesday I got so angry because I couldn't get ANY tool tip at all on mouseover.... not even for the .2 seconds. NOTHING was coming up at all... Not on my backpack, not on a corpse nothing... I finally got so exasperated that I just went back to the Default UI. Then it worked fine... but then I didn't get the sort or anything... but at least I could get information and a freaking name of what I was looking at.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I'm down in the dark Guardian room in Doom it's REALLY bad. I can't loot anything... it lasts .2 seconds.

When I was at the EM event on Tuesday I got so angry because I couldn't get ANY tool tip at all on mouseover.... not even for the .2 seconds. NOTHING was coming up at all... Not on my backpack, not on a corpse nothing... I finally got so exasperated that I just went back to the Default UI. Then it worked fine... but then I didn't get the sort or anything... but at least I could get information and a freaking name of what I was looking at.
Unfortunately I'm still unable to replicate the problem, it's very possible that there is an error behind all that, perhaps a property or a specific item type... :/

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately I'm still unable to replicate the problem, it's very possible that there is an error behind all that, perhaps a property or a specific item type... :/
I may have found our problem. I just discovered there are TWO UserInterface folders, the second one inside the first one. After uninstalling Pinco's, I went down another level under the first UserInterface folder and saw another UserInterface folder. Pinco UI is under the second UserInterface folder. I deleted that Pinco UI folder and reinstalled. Now the properties are showing up when I mouse over items, solid as a rock.
Summary: Look for the UserInterace folder in the main UO folder - open it to find another UserInterface folder - open that folder to find and delete Pinco UI - then reinstall

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I may have found our problem. I just discovered there are TWO UserInterface folders, the second one inside the first one. After uninstalling Pinco's, I went down another level under the first UserInterface folder and saw another UserInterface folder. Pinco UI is under the second UserInterface folder. I deleted that Pinco UI folder and reinstalled. Now the properties are showing up when I mouse over items, solid as a rock.
Summary: Look for the UserInterace folder in the main UO folder - open it to find another UserInterface folder - open that folder to find and delete Pinco UI - then reinstall
No I only have one UserInterface folder and inside it there is only 4 folders none of which are UserInterface... One IS Pinco's UI. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface Then it has Default, Pinco's UI, a zip folder that says Custom_UI_Documentation, and another zip file labeled Default.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On my PC, this is where Pinco UI is now now that I've reinstalled - this is the Pinco UO that Pinco's uninstaller erases -this is also where the first UserInterface folder is
folders1.jpg
And this is the second UserInterface folder, under the first one - this is where the old Pinco UI remained until I manually deleted it and reinstalled
folders2.jpg

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do containers by default have to come up looking like this when you open them - tiny squares with all that blank space on the side?

container.jpg

You can change it with the scale mode button and the mouse wheel (it takes my mouse wheel a while to kick in and do anything when I do use scale mode, so it's a bit of a hassle), but why do they have to open like this in the first place?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do containers by default have to come up looking like this when you open them - tiny squares with all that blank space on the side?

View attachment 25982

You can change it with the scale mode button and the mouse wheel (it takes my mouse wheel a while to kick in and do anything when I do use scale mode, so it's a bit of a hassle), but why do they have to open like this in the first place?
I changed it with the scale mode but what happens is that there is a line of boxes that goes UNDER the scroller on the right side... and then if you close your bag and re-open it then it goes back to the tiny squares in the LARGE background.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco ok think I got the thing sort of spotted for you as far as the loot goes. EVERY time the Buff Debuff thing blinks with the bright ring... whatever I'm looking at vanishes until I go away from that square and back.... but as soon as the thing blinks again... Poof! The information is GONE again. IS there a way to turn that blinking OFF!?!?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco ok think I got the thing sort of spotted for you as far as the loot goes. EVERY time the Buff Debuff thing blinks with the bright ring... whatever I'm looking at vanishes until I go away from that square and back.... but as soon as the thing blinks again... Poof! The information is GONE again. IS there a way to turn that blinking OFF!?!?
I'll do some tests with that.
Why do you want to turn it off? if it's blinking is because you are totally overweight and you are losing stamina, is not blinking because it likes to blink :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Half the time the buff/debuff bar doesn't even work for me. Sometimes I get a brief halo of light and an icon appears, but then vanishes with the light.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what buff exactly?
The flashing was on a mage.

But the buff bar doesn't display anything on most of the chars I've tried to make it do something on.

Edit: Okay, the riding icon works, but no protection, enemy of one, etc.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll do some tests with that.
Why do you want to turn it off? if it's blinking is because you are totally overweight and you are losing stamina, is not blinking because it likes to blink :D
It's distracting... I already pulled my weight off the paperdoll thing... And I keep a fair eye on that. But the blinking makes me think something is going on and all too often the only thing in the "Debuff" side... Is my opposing slayer. So why is it constantly blinking???

And then I'd like to know what exactly are the numbers over the Buff Icon of my Undead Slayer??? I am using the Undead Talisman... which honestly I'm not using anything else so why is that always counting down and going back up? What exactly is it counting? I am curious.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also @Pinco I've noticed that any time I go into the "Options" menu... and mess with anything I have to then go back in and in the "Chat" tab hit the eraser and hit apply/Okay and then my journal will start back up again... but for some reason everytime I log in or use that OPtions folder my Journal is stuck on some conversation or character on that account I haven't logged into in over 2 weeks... It's Bizarre to say the least. I'm like what the heck that's not even the character I'm on...

Don't know what's up with that but it's getting old fast.

Brockis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are lot of posts that i have not read, so it might already be mentioned, but posting some fixes needed. The craft meny is empty when selecting (in this case tailoring) what item to make, so it is unusable. Items with charges dont show up what charge it has attached to it. A hat with invisibility charges for instance, in pincos you can see that it has charges but not what type. Great the Pincos is up and running again. Well done

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is not the place for bug report. If you find a bug report to my forum or through the UI bug report tool.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this doesn't happen to me, and neither the problems with the buff debuff. This means there is something fishy around here...
Since you said the UI files are installed correctly (and re-installed 3 times), it's time to see if it's your character profile. Try to send me the file or paste it here under "code" tag, so I can make some tests.

The flashing was on a mage.

But the buff bar doesn't display anything on most of the chars I've tried to make it do something on.

Edit: Okay, the riding icon works, but no protection, enemy of one, etc.
Same for you, try to give me your character profile so I can test it and also try to play with a clear one and see what happen

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A way to snoop a player without having to open their paper doll...la
Ok, I managed to add this feature in the upcoming patch:
Code:
Added the actions: "Set Snoop target" and "Snoop Target". Use the first to set the snooping victim and the second one followed by "Use Targeted Object" to snoop the selected target.
You'll just need a macro with "Snoop Target" -> "Use Targeted Object"
and
"Set Snoop Target" in your hotbar.

Then you'll just need to set the victim with "Set Snoop Target" at a safe distance then when you're at snooping range just trigger the macro and you're victim's backpack will be open :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same for you, try to give me your character profile so I can test it and also try to play with a clear one and see what happen
I've played with a brand new char profile after my last reinstall, the issues remained.

I'll PM my profile to you...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sweet I'll try to test this quick before I got to work! Thank you Pinco as always your AMAZING!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My buff bar now works! I see the slayer/anti-slayer icons :D

One bug I haven't mentioned yet though whenever I log in, I can't use a runebook from a hotbar without first reloading the UI. Before I reload, single clicking them does nothing.

Edit: Also, there is now a column of inaccessible squares under the scroll bar for containers. You CAN access them if you make the container extra wide, but that column shouldn't even be there :p

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Buff bar no longer seems to be effecting the looking at of loot thankfully without that annoying blinking it seems to be fine.

However like Dot there is a line of squares UNDER the scrollbar on the right side of the containers that has stuff in it you CAN'T access. So fits somewhat better and now no longer reverts to super tiny but there is still a problem with the containers in NON-Legacy at least that wind up under the scrollbar on the side. I don't use legacy container view and I hate it so I'm not going to even try it... but in the non-legacy view I have a row of the grid under the scrollbar that I can't use. I tried resizing it several times but no matter what I do that row of boxes is always there.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still having issues with chat here; I've uninstalled and deleted twice now, and no matter I do, /say doesn't appear in my tabs. How can I bug trace the issue?

Also with the latest version, Paperdoll now opens correctly... but backpack does not.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still having issues with chat here; I've uninstalled and deleted twice now, and no matter I do, /say doesn't appear in my tabs. How can I bug trace the issue?

Also with the latest version, Paperdoll now opens correctly... but backpack does not.
to report bugs register to my forum and report it there or just use the ingame bug report tool.

For the chat, try to send me your character profile (open it with notepad and pm me the content).
You can also try to get rid of every folder inside "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data" except the one with your accounts name. Do it with the game closed obviously :D

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've released the new version of my UI. Remember that is a beta version :p

Remember to use the UI Patcher to UNINSTALL the old version of the UI before using the basic setup.
You can find the basic setup HERE
I have a request, but I don't know if it can be done before it leaves Beta: Could you move the install directory into a /Pincos/ subdirectory instead dumping all the files into the main directory? Having everything dumped into the main directory makes things cumbersome and messy.
Thanks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a request, but I don't know if it can be done before it leaves Beta: Could you move the install directory into a /Pincos/ subdirectory instead dumping all the files into the main directory? Having everything dumped into the main directory makes things cumbersome and messy.
Thanks.
nope this can't be done, those files must stay into the main directory in order to work properly.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

I sent these in via the bug report feature, but I figured visual aids might help...

Those three empty blue squares actually contain runebooks, but they won't display. The tooltip displays on mouse over, and the books CAN be used, they just don't show up. Dragging the books back onto the bar doesn't resolve the display issue.

Another runebook issue:
I can't open them from the hotbar (single clicking does nothing) until I reload the UI every time I log in. They also seem to become randomly inoperative through normal play.

Vertical hotbar issue:

I have two vertical hotbars at the top of my screen that I leave collapsed until I need them. One has pet actions, the other has UI actions.

The problem: EVERY TIME I log in, the bars have switched to horizontal and only display the first icon until I unlock them, change their orientation, and stretch them out. I have to do this every time I reload the UI as well, which the above runebook issue makes frequent.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to report bugs register to my forum and report it there or just use the ingame bug report tool.

For the chat, try to send me your character profile (open it with notepad and pm me the content).
You can also try to get rid of every folder inside "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data" except the one with your accounts name. Do it with the game closed obviously :D
I deleted all the files except user name folders, now I can't even sign into the game, nothing works and default UI worked fine before. Not just can't sign into the game, the boxes on the sign in page won't even take account name or password. wow great

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can't be done through the UI, and IS quite complex to add inside the client, because it will require to code a smart pathfinding system inside the client
A pathfind to a character ID shouldn't be that hard?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my main pack is auto sorting and the button went away how do I turn it off? I have closed it logged out and back in

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've released the new version of my UI. Remember that is a beta version :p

Remember to use the UI Patcher to UNINSTALL the old version of the UI before using the basic setup.
You can find the basic setup HERE
What exactly does that mean. What is the UI Patcher that I need to use to uninstall the old version of Pinko's, where is it located, and does it actually say Uninstall somewhere on it. All I can find is a folder with Pinko's UI in it in c://program files/electronic arts/ultima online stygian abyss/user interface/pinko's UI. In the only folder called Patcher it has a file in it called splash.

Anyone got a clearer instruction as to this? Or do I just delete the pinko's UI folder and send it to the recycle bin? Assistance would be great, thanks.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Uninstalled old Pinco through the patcher, deleted the folder, downloaded the new version, installed it.
Now I am having some very weird graphical glitches, backpack is showing empty and armour isn't shown.

Since it is rum & cola o'clock right now here, I will only submit those bugs tomorrow and post visual aids here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I deleted all the files except user name folders, now I can't even sign into the game, nothing works and default UI worked fine before. Not just can't sign into the game, the boxes on the sign in page won't even take account name or password. wow great
documents folders doesn't cause that, probably you deleted something inside the game folder and you killed the whole game :D

A pathfind to a character ID shouldn't be that hard?
as I said, it requires the whole pathfinding system that calculates the way from you to the other, and it's something that requires time... especially because this client is just a "bucket of bolts" :p

my main pack is auto sorting and the button went away how do I turn it off? I have closed it logged out and back in
you can't because the button is not supposed to be there on the backpack. I don't know how did you manage to get it in the first place -.-

What exactly does that mean. What is the UI Patcher that I need to use to uninstall the old version of Pinko's, where is it located, and does it actually say Uninstall somewhere on it. All I can find is a folder with Pinko's UI in it in c://program files/electronic arts/ultima online stygian abyss/user interface/pinko's UI. In the only folder called Patcher it has a file in it called splash.

Anyone got a clearer instruction as to this? Or do I just delete the pinko's UI folder and send it to the recycle bin? Assistance would be great, thanks.
just delete the "Pinco's UI" folder manually and follow the setup guide on that link...

Uninstalled old Pinco through the patcher, deleted the folder, downloaded the new version, installed it.
Now I am having some very weird graphical glitches, backpack is showing empty and armour isn't shown.

Since it is rum & cola o'clock right now here, I will only submit those bugs tomorrow and post visual aids here.
Probably you installed it in the wrong place, start over and follow the setup guide...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Probably you installed it in the wrong place, start over and follow the setup guide...
I unpacked the zip at the root of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced then ran UI Patcher.exe.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I unpacked the zip at the root of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced then ran UI Patcher.exe.
it could also be the character profile, have you tried with other characters or a blank profile?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
documents folders doesn't cause that, probably you deleted something inside the game folder and you killed the whole game :D

Bullfeathers, I never TOUCHED the game files under Programsx86. I deleted the files ONLY in documents under user data. I deleted everything except the account files which is what you said to do.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still, the documents files only contains settings, removing them doesn't alter the game. Try to remove the whole folder (make a backup of it first) and see by yourself...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there; I don't think it is the players fault. The game is pulling data from somewhere else and seeding it as a confused profile into both default client and Pinco's UI. Here's the steps that I have followed;

1.) Deleted the Pinco UI via the installer
2.) Uninstalled the Enhanced Client entirely. It was originally on drive E:\, an old Win XP install.
3.) Reinstalled the EC to a different drive, now to a clean folder on C:\ under Win7
4.) As Win7 creates it's own folder under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\ACCOUNT\Europa I deleted everything around the "account" folder, leaving just that there.
5.) I then went into account folder and cut and pasted the Europa folder to somewhere else too, leaving other shard folders inside.
6.) Launched UO EC patcher and patched it fully, then closed the game without entering
7.) Downloaded the "UIPatcher Full Zip" and extracted into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced and then ran the Pinco patcher.
8.) I then loaded the game, and logged into Europa.
9.) The game then replicated my profile almost exactly as before, minus my chat tabs (just standard EC default) and created a new folder with that same profile again under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\ACCOUNT\Europa. However this was under the Default not the Pinco UI, although it was using Pinco assets;

Notice the backpack is still invisible even under default upon launching the game.

10.) Switching to the Pinco UI, the game remains identical, only now my chat tabs from the prior Pinco settings are there (Journal/World/Local); and swapping back to default leaves them in the default window again too, and any Pinco assets I since added. The above screenshot is taken after such a swap back, however the game was identical at a clean launch even before Pinco was enabled.

Text is now working correctly for me, but the remaining problem is it keeps creating the invisible backpack again.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After much fiddling, I found a work around;

1.) Move the profiles of the characters you want to fix elsewhere.
2.) Ensuring Pinco UI is set at the UO EC title screen, create a new character on a shard somewhere to force a blank profile to appear. Copy that file elsewhere now too.
3.) Now open the old profile of the character you want to fix and copy the text between
<hotbars>
and
</customskills>
4.) Open a copy of the new profile and paste that information over
<hotbars>
and ending just before
</interface>
5.) Save the edited file, then rename it to the character you are fixing
6.) Move the file back into the server folder. This should now have the old characters macros, hotbars and key settings, but a clean User Interface. And a working backpack. Unlock the hotbars from top right and adjust screen to taste.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there; I don't think it is the players fault. The game is pulling data from somewhere else and seeding it as a confused profile into both default client and Pinco's UI. Here's the steps that I have followed;

1.) Deleted the Pinco UI via the installer
2.) Uninstalled the Enhanced Client entirely. It was originally on drive E:\, an old Win XP install.
3.) Reinstalled the EC to a different drive, now to a clean folder on C:\ under Win7
4.) As Win7 creates it's own folder under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\ACCOUNT\Europa I deleted everything around the "account" folder, leaving just that there.
5.) I then went into account folder and cut and pasted the Europa folder to somewhere else too, leaving other shard folders inside.
6.) Launched UO EC patcher and patched it fully, then closed the game without entering
7.) Downloaded the "UIPatcher Full Zip" and extracted into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced and then ran the Pinco patcher.
8.) I then loaded the game, and logged into Europa.
9.) The game then replicated my profile almost exactly as before, minus my chat tabs (just standard EC default) and created a new folder with that same profile again under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\ACCOUNT\Europa. However this was under the Default not the Pinco UI, although it was using Pinco assets;

Notice the backpack is still invisible even under default upon launching the game.

10.) Switching to the Pinco UI, the game remains identical, only now my chat tabs from the prior Pinco settings are there (Journal/World/Local); and swapping back to default leaves them in the default window again too, and any Pinco assets I since added. The above screenshot is taken after such a swap back, however the game was identical at a clean launch even before Pinco was enabled.

Text is now working correctly for me, but the remaining problem is it keeps creating the invisible backpack again.
after the 1) you must delete manually the "Pinco's UI" folder if it's stills there or you're going to have big problems.

The backpack seems something bugged on your profile, try to pm me it (just copy and paste) so that I can make some tests and perhaps it will solve some problems without having to remake them manually :p