• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Global Loot and Antique Mod

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tested it too, hope they decide to make it effect re-forging some day

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't mind being able to put prized or antique on my reforged pieces, aye.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would like that too :p
Prized and Cursed will be the same mod on Siege as we don't have items insurance. We have one Siege Bless option, so in most cases won't it matter at all, I Siege Bless my bow, the rest will always be cursed on Siege :p
Brittle will also have little effect because you will mostly lose the item before you need to PoF it. If it can be repaired, it's all fine :)
Antique, also here you may lose it before it become a problem
Massive and Unwieldy will be less useful on Siege, as we do not all run in maxed out gear with a lot of Strength, special as many warriors do have magery for gating and will need inc and dex too

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aye, cursed, prized, brittle and antique all sound awesome on siege. :)
I know that I have been reforging stuff with brittle, so I would love me some prized and antique reforged gear. Who cares if they break in a few months? You just make a new piece then.

I am not keen of massive and unwieldy even on normal shards. Both can be extremely troublesome when you get hit by curse or weaken.

Cursed I wouldn't mind much if I didn't die too often due to high ping, but as it is now, I'd always end up losing those pieces way too quickly.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like that too :p
Prized and Cursed will be the same mod on Siege as we don't have items insurance. We have one Siege Bless option, so in most cases won't it matter at all, I Siege Bless my bow, the rest will always be cursed on Siege :p
Brittle will also have little effect because you will mostly lose the item before you need to PoF it. If it can be repaired, it's all fine :)
Antique, also here you may lose it before it become a problem
Massive and Unwieldy will be less useful on Siege, as we do not all run in maxed out gear with a lot of Strength, special as many warriors do have magery for gating and will need inc and dex too
Prized is actually much better than Cursed on Siege. As far as I know you can bless Prized things right? If so in effect it's not even a negative.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prized is actually much better than Cursed on Siege. As far as I know you can bless Prized things right? If so in effect it's not even a negative.
  • Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If new players need a booster help. Most hardcore crafters would hook them up on a starter suit for free. Any new player thinking they should be the lord of fel yew gate in less then a year needs to rub that left and right brain cell together harder. The real issue about easy button loot is how long before those that perfer to creft are even left playing the game? Reducing UO to one of those games where you just hunt for uber gear will put it on a DOOM'da path. It is a real sad day when stories after a great hunt or an epic fight between players doesn't include " a good friend made me this suit"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In my opinion I honestly don't know what folk are getting so worked up about. Most of the loot off bosses I'd never use anyway. Just doesn't have the right combination of things on it and if it's good enough in most stuff it's almost always missing something crucial to use. Like a wonderful 4 FCR bracelet with no SDI or anything... Or it's ok for a dexer or something but I'd never use it for a magic user... or I get some nice drop with good stuff on it and no LMC.... Great 1/4 ring but it lacks any DCI... and without DCI your pretty much a sitting duck.... so to me most that stuff is good for making relic frags nothing more. Or it's ok to train up a character with as it has tons of MR and such but without the DCI it's worthless. Maybe it's just me but that's my opinion.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I am not really seeing anything that needs to be changed. Yes, you get more low end magic items, but that is the point. In turn, I am getting WAY fewer legendary artifacts even off of high end monsters like peerless and named. In fact, I have only received one legendary artifact so far; it was off a Dreadhorn, and it is nothing I would use, even with the new system. Certainly nothing even close to Legendary off Ettins.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember testing the minor arties, and shame loot on test before it was published on the production shards.

Minor Arties had a crazy drop rate on test, it was toned down before it hit origin.

Shame Loot on test had very few negatives it was changed before it hit origin.

I wouldn't worry about the stuff on test right now. I'm willing to bet loot will be toned down before it goes live.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it is balanced fine. The overland loot are useful now, as crafters can get more essences and a few relic now. You still get better loot if you go to first level of shame. To me, it did not look overpowered at all.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your not familiar with the current loot system, have not farmed shame loot for a significant amount of time (50 hours plus minimum) theres no way anyone would know how to analyze the new system in an educated way.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do not try to do that, I only speak about the part I know. I'm not a big monster killer, I more care about the easy levels and how it works out on Siege., special vs crafters and lesser PvP/PvM'ers
I let others speak for the hard levels. I really do not care about items losing value on regular shards, when newbies and returning players gives up because everything cost mills.
And I am familiar with current Shame loot for the lower levels. I don't find much between it I want to keep.
The new ones seem to be more useful but still low level. I like what I have seen so far. I don't play to make money, I play to have fun. I want more to use the overland like in old days and I look forward to more PvP actions as more sheeps = more wolves

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my limited experience in Shame (well, with Shame itself, at least, due to my preference for hunting in Fel), I've seen better stuff on the lower levels (Poison Eles, Unbound EVs), but it's not somewhere I like to go since you can't recall in & out. Instead, I go to Wrong, and stay on level 1.

In the current loot system (on LS), I've gotten some FANTASTIC stuff. Had a crazy number of mods - Stam Inc, Stam Regen, Mana Inc, Mana Regen, etc, and resists totaling 95+, Legendary Artifacts. Unfortunately, they were cursed. I've gotten other usable items, but outside of the ring I grabbed (Spirit Speak +5, Fencing +15, Night Sight, HCI 15%, LRC 20%), I'm letting them sit until Pub 86, hoping that the durability on Brittle items gets retcon'd to 255 (and the Can't Be Repaired property is also taken off)

@Kyronix - any idea if items in dungeons acquired prior to pub 86 will have the Can't be Repaired property removed, and will Brittle items have their durability altered?

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Testing On Balron's

Only testing Antique/Clean Major & Legendary drops....

With 100 Balrons I received 4 Antique Majors, no clean majors or legendarys. All major antiques being jewelry and pretty nice. Going to continue testing different areas and keep everyone up to date that's interested.

137 Balrons First Legendary Antique aka Ephmeral

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the limited testing so far, drop rate for antique seems to be too high. Id suggest lowering the drop rate, or starting them off at 150-200 durability. 3 repairs (minus 50 each repair) no pof. durablity loss kept as it is, about twice as fast as normal items.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I would tend to agree. Its dishing out to many antiques. It should be about double the drop rate of a complete clean item, or triple. But most items on here are antiques. Out of 174 Balrons now it hasn't dropped 1 clean major, but I have gotten 9 Antique Majors...

When I did unbounds I was getting lesser and greater Antiques left and right none stop.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have these items on TC? I'd love to check them out.

Balron Test..... Seeing how many Clean/Antique Major Artifacts and Legendary Artifacts drop.

200 Balron's Slain

No clean ones drop but plenty of Antique ones maybe to many. I would of thought I should of received at least 1 Clean Major out of all the antique ones. Antique rate may be set a bit to high in my opinion. It should be maybe double or triple compared to how many clean items may drop.

Going to test a new area and post some more results.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Testing On Balron's

Only testing Antique/Clean Major & Legendary drops....

With 100 Balrons I received 4 Antique Majors, no clean majors or legendarys. All major antiques being jewelry and pretty nice. Going to continue testing different areas and keep everyone up to date that's interested.

137 Balrons First Legendary Antique aka Ephmeral

sweet will go great with my tamer macer thrower necro .... ha

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balron Test..... Seeing how many Clean/Antique Major Artifacts and Legendary Artifacts drop.

200 Balron's Slain

No clean ones drop but plenty of Antique ones maybe to many. I would of thought I should of received at least 1 Clean Major out of all the antique ones. Antique rate may be set a bit to high in my opinion. It should be maybe double or triple compared to how many clean items may drop.

Going to test a new area and post some more results.
How strange, the antique items I got from balron (video linked above) said 'antique' on them, all yours say 'ephemeral' on them. Is the 'antique' tag not showing in CC client?

My Balrons were in Ilsh, where were yours?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just spent a short time in Hythloth, Felucca on TC1.
And yes, this trammie can find her way to a balron in Hythloth, Felucca with a greater dragon in tow.
I screenshotted some of the items (not all) Mostly I concentrated on 'antique' since that seems to be the focus of this thread but I did include a few other items. Please access the thumbnail to see the full sized image.

examples.jpg

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Mumbles about EC client and legal cheats, that never would had been allowed with CC client and UO Assist*
I feel it is very wrong, that EC client is allowed to show what resources you will get from unraw, I do not like that, to much easy play in that client, hope Devs will stop this madness

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't worry about it Freja, it's not all that accurate. I quite often unravel things that pinco's says will give relics and get essence and items that say they'll give essence and give relic.

Just to double check, I took an antique ring off a daemon at the hedge maze and viewed it in CC
cc_example.jpg

So I'm not quite sure why Soulweaver's examples all say 'ephemeral' on them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have the feeling some want to get Devs to nerf this new loot, because they know it will lower the value of the items they already have. Good job checking it, thanks.
I'm glad to know pinco not always are right but I still feel it hurt the game, when you get a lot info on a silver plate, you was not meant to get that easy. A part of the game is to find out what is worth unraw. I have to admit, I'm really chocked what I hear are allowed with Pinco. I really do not like this kind of easy play added to UO. I'm not blaming Pinco or the ones using it but Devs for allowing it. I really feel it is wrong.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't worry about it Freja, it's not all that accurate. I quite often unravel things that pinco's says will give relics and get essence and items that say they'll give essence and give relic.

Just to double check, I took an antique ring off a daemon at the hedge maze and viewed it in CC
View attachment 23069

So I'm not quite sure why Soulweaver's examples all say 'ephemeral' on them.
youll have to ask him perhaps different country client. they do all say 255 durability tho, current ephemeral is all 100

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O
How strange, the antique items I got from balron (video linked above) said 'antique' on them, all yours say 'ephemeral' on them. Is the 'antique' tag not showing in CC client?

My Balrons were in Ilsh, where were yours?

Ohh i never patched probably why. Ill patch today thanks i just assumed it wasnt changed yet on the name.

As far as value of loot goes. I could care less, as far as the game being flooded with gear in 6 months and the end game for global loot just gets boring for everyone to quick because of the 1000s of antique majors and legendarys being dropped only decaying at twice the speed from what i was told....

That i do care about. I want uo to have a happy medium loot system so its fun to farm and get good items but not so easy it just dies off to quickly.

Last edited:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the feeling some want to get Devs to nerf this new loot, because they know it will lower the value of the items they already have.
QFT

So far I have not seen anything even close to overpowered, especially with the new rarity of Legendary items. Even when those drop now, and it is rare, they are still almost never usable because of the mix of random properties. From what I have seen on test I think the Devs have done a very good job of balancing the new loot system so far.

Keep in mind that we cannot compare this directly to the current Shame Loot System because that system needed overhauling. Apples and Oranges. The purpose of these changes is so that when items drop, there is a better chance that we can actually use them as opposed to the Shame system where 99% of stuff was unraveled.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the feeling some want to get Devs to nerf this new loot, because they know it will lower the value of the items they already have. Good job checking it, thanks.
I'm glad to know pinco not always are right but I still feel it hurt the game, when you get a lot info on a silver plate, you was not meant to get that easy. A part of the game is to find out what is worth unraw. I have to admit, I'm really chocked what I hear are allowed with Pinco. I really do not like this kind of easy play added to UO. I'm not blaming Pinco or the ones using it but Devs for allowing it. I really feel it is wrong.
That's exactly why they are "testing" the loot. They are just picking and choosing the best pieces to display in the hopes the devs nerf the drop rates. In the case of Antique, isn't it simply replacing "Can not be repaired?" If so at least these items have some kind of limited use instead of instant unravel. The drop rates look about the same to me as currently, there's no massive flood of clean legendaries like everyone was screaming about. The only difference is now there are more options to get items as opposed to those annoying vortexes in shame.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What do you mean with: In the case of Antique, isn't it simply replacing "Can not be repaired?" If so at least these items have some kind of limited use instead of instant unravel

They can be repaired.
Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
I have no idea why use powder on antique items. They start at 255/255. After some use you repair it from 1/255 to 254/254.
In case you crazy you powder it from 254/254 to 250/250?
:facepalm:
One more powder and it go from 250/250 to 200/200?
:coco:

UPD:
Ok, in case you did 15 repairs to your item, you'll be at 240/240 and decide to apply powder. Is it first powder and you end with 250/250 or in case you used powder before it become 200/200? Any visible count of used powders? :bs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lug

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any visible count of used powders? :bs:
Ahh.... that's a good question because to get the most out of your item your going to be using powder very infrequently & expecting people to remember how many powders have been applied perhaps months later is silly. I'd personally probably engrave the item etc just so I knew.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
:whip:

Exactly what we need less of, not more.... Time to give the average player some love, and this helps that.
The average player can spend 35 mil and make the best sampi suit easily to go farm energy vortexes and if you spend the time you can be the average player and hit the artifact. Just because you're too lazy and don't want to spend the time to get an artifact doesn't mean you should be rewarded and everyone should get leet items easier.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also FrejaSP, if you could make one comment on this thread not using the word "Siege Perilous" that would be great. I don't know why this even concerns that shard? Negatives don't matter at all even with brittle and cannot be repaired, because everything is already cursed and it doesn't matter at all.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the feeling some want to get Devs to nerf this new loot, because they know it will lower the value of the items they already have.
That, or the other perfectly reasonable concerns that people are expressing.

I play siege too, I have no valuable gear whatsoever and I think flooding the game with top end gear, while probably good for siege is bad for the regular shards, and as siege players we should know by now that the game rotates around the regular shards. So if it's bad for them, its probably bad for us too in the end.

Now, I don't know what this change will end up really being, so I can't really say any more than I hope it DOESN'T flood the game with clean/usable upper tier items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also FrejaSP, if you could make one comment on this thread not using the word "Siege Perilous" that would be great. I don't know why this even concerns that shard? Negatives don't matter at all even with brittle and cannot be repaired, because everything is already cursed and it doesn't matter at all.
Because that's the shard she plays, and these changes aren't being designed for our ruleset but still effect us, and even though the impact may be lesser that includes the negatives on items.

We learned long ago that is we aren't vocal during updates we often get shafted by features that don't mesh with our ruleset and make it harder for us to have fun.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I fight for my shard, you fight for your business. New loot will help Siege. Yes you right, I don't care much about the negatives other then Unwieldy and Massive as they will be harder to use on Siege.
If only a few players can afford this upper stuff, it hurt the balance. If the stuff only make it easier to max out a suit, but you still can make a suit that is not much weaker, it will work. PvP is not fun if you can't get a suit worth PvP in.
I know, with item insurance, item stay for ever, that sound boring to me. Maybe your guy need a limit to how many items you can insure so you sometimes have to replace items. If easier to get a useful suit, you really don't need insurance.
Maybe make most of this upper items cursed :devil: and it will work both for normal shards and Siege

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have these items on TC? I'd love to check them out.

200 Balron's Slain

No clean ones drop

It was my understanding the concern was about Ettins' drops..... a Balron is a much tougher foe than en ettin....

I see no problem with loot drops, then.............

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my understanding the concern was about Ettins' drops..... a Balron is a much tougher foe than en ettin....

I see no problem with loot drops, then.............

The matter of concern is the over all drops that are going to be dropping from the Global loot. Ettins was just an example they used of what they got off of them. I am showing the results of higher end drops. That's the point of this. To make sure it's not out of control through the entire system..

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the feeling I am getting also........

I hope that the Devs do not listen to the "haves" players to so hurt the "haves not" players........
The Dev's need to listen to the players.... If they didn't listen to what we have to say about everything then what's the point of test center, or them asking our opinions. Now if they agree or disagree with what they are listening to from the players that is for them to decide. We all have our own opinion but we all are trying to help the game get better we just don't all agree on what makes it better. It does not make one opinion wrong or another right.