• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 Updated on TC1

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the stamina loss thing. Surely those wearing leather should experience way less stamina loss than those in clunky metal, and those in clunky metal/dragon scale should have way better super resists in comparison to lightweight leather, with those in chain/ringmail somewhere between the two?

To me it seems entirely the opposite and it is super confusing, or am I reading it incorrectly, can someone explain all that in SIMPLE TERMS.

I also have zero understanding of the DCI capping stuff, my main fighting chars currently wear leather with 45 dci on them. How is this going to be affected in simple terms?
*Does his best Jack Nicholson "Men of Honor" impresion:

You want simple terms!?!?!?!?!?!

YOU CAN HANDLE SIMPLE TERMS!!!!!

In all seriousness from what I understand (which could be fairly little) it really depends on your style of play on to how much it will affect you.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weapon effect: Hit stamina leech is now subject to diminishing returns based on max player stamina. Effectively this means that the amount stamina leeched is soft capped at 5% of your max stamina base on the damage dealt. The remainder is reduced then added to the cap which is total amount leeched.

The DCI cap is still 95 on TC but it will be lowered to 7o.
Awesome on the DCI

And the leech doesn't sound so bad

Way to go man!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what is going to be the ratio Resist/dci refined with this change? It was previously I think 2% Dci for each 1% resist you wanted to increase/reduce right ? is it going to be 1% dci for 1% resist ?
Doubt it will change, it will probably just cap off at 70 fore dci, so you wouldn't lose as much resist to hit the cap.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I understanding this correctly for stam leech:current char max stam=180 and soft cap of 5% thus a 9 stam leech (assuming a 100% leech) and the remainder is reduced then added to the cap which is total amount leeched? What on earth does "remainder is reduced then added to the cap which is total amount leeched" actually equate to and how do we see the math of this?

I understand that someone wants to see a sampire nerf for some unknown reason but this is clear as mud. I have a cold right now and my math isn't top notch atm so I might be missing something so clear it's comical, right?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My brain hurts.

I'm looking forward to the co-owner change though I REALLY wish you would have just allowed us to have up to 70 co-owners though I guess I'm glad there is no limit now on the number of homes I can be co-owned to.....

As for the armor weapon changes.... My brain hurts... I play to relax and have fun not do complicated math and calculus... please do us a HUGE favor and remember K.I.S.S.

To be honest all we REALLY wanted was more balance and less complexity.... and the base armor stats to be more "equal" letting us choose the look we want.... not pigeonholing us into wearing what you think we should to get some end all suit....

No one wears or uses Dragon Scale because it's too hard to work with has jack for bonus's and NEGATIVE resists..... making it worthless.

Wood adds awesome bonus's but only elves can wear it... leather and leaf are always used because the base resists are good..... Plate is almost never used because it has little bonus for what you get from it if it had more benefits like wood it'd be more widely used.

As for the stamina loss please I hate it already. I already get really irritated because half of my ethy mounts are buggy and run out of stamina even if I have full stamina....

Crap like all this stamina loss and refinement just makes my head hurt and makes me want to quit and go to something simpler... less complicated.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I understanding this correctly for stam leech:current char max stam=180 and soft cap of 5% thus a 9 stam leech (assuming a 100% leech) and the remainder is reduced then added to the cap which is total amount leeched? What on earth does "remainder is reduced then added to the cap which is total amount leeched" actually equate to and how do we see the math of this?

I understand that someone wants to see a sampire nerf for some unknown reason but this is clear as mud. I have a cold right now and my math isn't top notch atm so I might be missing something so clear it's comical, right?
Not sure either, but i was happy to see that it will never get down to a point where you never elach, in your case you would at least leech 9 stam + a number. If you take advantage of some of the stam loss reduction capabilities of the non-med armors, it shouldn't be so bad.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the stamina loss thing. Surely those wearing leather should experience way less stamina loss than those in clunky metal, and those in clunky metal/dragon scale should have way better super resists in comparison to lightweight leather, with those in chain/ringmail somewhere between the two?

To me it seems entirely the opposite and it is super confusing, or am I reading it incorrectly, can someone explain all that in SIMPLE TERMS.

I also have zero understanding of the DCI capping stuff, my main fighting chars currently wear leather with 45 dci on them. How is this going to be affected in simple terms?
I think the idea is that the heavier your armor is, the less jarring it is to you when you get hit, thus protecting your stamina.

As for your warrior, you will probably have to upgrade to heavier armor in order to keep your stamina up. Thats it really.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the armor weapon changes.... My brain hurts... I play to relax and have fun not do complicated math and calculus... please do us a HUGE favor and remember K.I.S.S.
What are you even talking about? What about weapons is complicated? They balanced speed to damage, and buffed some specials. What is the "calculus" you feel you need to do?

Chances are you can use what you were using before, and it will probably do more damage or be faster

As for armor heavier armor = less stamina loss and more LMC. Refinement drops resists and raises dci cap or reverse.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What are you even talking about? What about weapons is complicated? They balanced speed to damage, and buffed some specials. What is the "calculus" you feel you need to do?

Chances are you can use what you were using before, and it will probably do more damage or be faster.
Have you tested your armor yet on TC?

I'm not doing more damage and I'm not moving faster and I can't keep my stamina..... and thanks to the changes in my use of Devine Fury I won't be able to regain it for squat... taking away another use of Chivy making the points put into the skill hardly worthwhile..... Now it's only uses are EoO and dispel evil... Imbing, Reforging, Refinement... wood, metal, bone, leather, scale.... 20 of these items and 100's of those my houses are bulging at the seams already from the 100's of items you need to craft now we are adding MORE...... And another way to build the "ultimate" suit of UBERNESS...

Just saying we REALLY don't need anymore ways to manipulate skills and stats and armor and weapons and such so we can play..... Just need better quality play and more things to do to occupy our time not spending it grinding out some stupid quest or such to gather more crap.... to take up more room....

Want people to return to the game and be able to play..... not come back and go...... "F this I'll never have what I need to even get my feet wet..... too far behind need to much to catch up....." I can hear it all now.....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tested your armor yet on TC?

I'm not doing more damage and I'm not moving faster and I can't keep my stamina..... and thanks to the changes in my use of Devine Fury I won't be able to regain it for squat...
Are you wearing leather? And you are either faster, doing more damage or you have not changed. Weapons were only buffed.

taking away another use of Chivy making the points put into the skill hardly worthwhile..... Now it's only uses are EoO and dispel evil... Imbing, Reforging, Refinement... wood, metal, bone, leather, scale.... 20 of these items and 100's of those my houses are bulging at the seams already from the 100's of items you need to craft now we are adding MORE...... And another way to build the "ultimate" suit of UBERNESS...
You are the one making it complicated here. You don't HAVE to use refinement. The game will basically exactly the same for you, except if you want to melee you now have to wear heavy armor. You are the one feeling that you HAVE to be the uber uber. You really don't.
I agree it's stupid that you have to have multiple components to make refinement but thats not an issue of complexity its an issue of tedium.

Just saying we REALLY don't need anymore ways to manipulate skills and stats and armor and weapons and such so we can play..... Just need better quality play and more things to do to occupy our time not spending it grinding out some stupid quest or such to gather more crap.... to take up more room....
But that's not what's happening here. You don't have to do anything but maybe upgrade your armor to metal from leather, and you will be able to play just fine... unless you pvp. And if you are a mage or an archer or tamer you really don't have to do anything.

Want people to return to the game and be able to play..... not come back and go...... "F this I'll never have what I need to even get my feet wet..... too far behind need to much to catch up....." I can hear it all now.....

Nonsense. The gap between new and old players is smaller now than it has ever been by a wide margin. You can do basically all of the game except bosses and some higher end monsters and pvp with very basic gear, and better gear is easier than ever to attain with easier to get runics, reforging, and the drops in shame and wrong etc are higher than any other loot system ever in game.
It COULD be better documented I'll give you that, but its not that complicated and its absolutely not hard for new players to catch up to established ones.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really think this could be problematic in some situations when you have other people set up as a co-owner and don't know who all their characters are because this gives them ALL co-owner access. You also will no longer have any way of knowing exactly which characters you are removing from the house if you delete a single character as a co-owner. I really wish that the solution had been what we all asked for originally: Just increase the size of the co-ownership list to more than 10. I do NOT like this solution at all. It's way, way too vague on which characters you're either adding as co-owners or deleting as co-owners when the account(s) involved are not your own. I think some people may end up getting ripped off or subjected to other problems because of this change.
What is the problem? If you grant co-owner access to one character, you've given it to the other person. You could make co-owners of every last character on the person's accounts, and there's no increased risk.

I welcome this for one reason: character transfers. It's always a pain to re-friend characters when I bring them back from other shards.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I have one house on a shard with 3 accounts of characters, you guys think its fair that only one of the 2 non house owning accts gets access to my items? And if I set access to friends( where most of my chars will be) I either won't b able to have a friends chest in house or I'll run the risk of being stolen from?
  • All house co-ownership is now account based
    • Existing co-ownership lists will be automatically updated such that only one character from any unique account will remain
    • All characters on the same account as any house co-owner will also have full co-owner access to that house
    • When a character becomes a co-owner of a house, all other characters on the same account will be removed from the house’s friends list
    • Previously, one character could only be co-owner of up to 10 houses. There are now no restrictions on how many houses a single account can be co-owner of
    • Houses are now limited to having 10 co-owner accounts instead of 10 co-owner characters
I think you are missreading this. You have 3 accounts and one of those accounts owns a house. Co-own one character per account, you now have 2 Co-Owners on your list but all those characters on those two other accounts will have Co-Owner access, not just the two listed. This gives you up to 10 Co-Owners for a total of 70 chars max (7 per account). It would be nice if they would do the same thing for the friends list also, but make it more than 10 accounts.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage Armor Update:

Mage armor has been removed from imbuing, reforging, and enhancing. Armor now can be converted to and from Mage Armor by paying a Mage guild master 250,000 gold. Applying mage armor is still subject to the armor not having more than four properties or not being an artifact. Mage Armor now has an imbuing weight of zero.
For those wondering we can remove mage armor from artifacts on TC. We are unable to add mage armor back to those artifacts. Tested on the following:

Gladiator's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Fey Leggings

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • When re-smelting blacksmith items, the skill check now uses the greater of the character’s Mining or Blacksmith skills (capped at 105)
This is totally wrong, it should stay capped at 120 and give a bonus if both those skills are on the same char.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While it looks good on the screen I reserve the right to pancake about it later... my only thing I might change is the 10 account limit on the house co owner list.. yea i know i am one of the small number of people who have more then 10 accounts going....... it would be nice to link all my accounts on my houses.. would save tons of time...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is totally wrong, it should stay capped at 120 and give a bonus if both those skills are on the same char.
The actual blacksmithing skill can still go to 120, but for smelting purposes nothing above 105 will be considered.

I like the idea of a bonus for both skills, at the very least, blacksmithing above 105 returns proportionately more ingots so long as mining is 105.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The actual blacksmithing skill can still go to 120, but for smelting purposes nothing above 105 will be considered.

I like the idea of a bonus for both skills, at the very least, blacksmithing above 105 returns proportionately more ingots so long as mining is 105.
The cap was 120 because of 120 smith, or am I mistaken.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Smelting items right now is only based on Mining,thats capped to 105. Now they adding the ability to melt with smithing (Without too much loss ) too and capping that at the same skill as mining. (105) . So you won't have a advantage or disadvantage when smelting if you only have one of the skills on your character.

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it seems the 2 new pigments hue has not been included to the client patch :(
not only that they didnt give us points to play with, the dyes appear to be black, and even with a new character there's no points to test them out

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not only that they didnt give us points to play with, the dyes appear to be black, and even with a new character there's no points to test them out
They did actually. Mine didnt kick in the first log in, so maybe try logging in again. I got a message that I got 100000 points or something the second time I logged on to the TC.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Smelting items right now is only based on Mining,thats capped to 105. Now they adding the ability to melt with smithing (Without too much loss ) too and capping that at the same skill as mining. (105) . So you won't have a advantage or disadvantage when smelting if you only have one of the skills on your character.
I stand corrected, TY. It is the mining skill for smelting, current pub.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And as previously stated by me in other threads...no one will be fighting solo (including myself) since stopping ninja form while ganking could be done while blindfolded. May the biggest zerg win.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the black is the default color of an empty hue value, they just forgot to patch the hues file and when they do, you will see the right hue on the bottles and the items :D

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really pissed off.

Refinement is still there, 70 DCI or not, the SYSTEM SUCKS!!!
Not only because of the DCI, but also with the many ways the resists can be exploited, as I've warned you about over a month ago, but which you seem to ignore! REFINING MUST GO!

Mage Armor, so now we have to remove mage armor from our artifacts WITHOUT GETTING ANYTHING OF EQUAL PROPERTY VALUE BACK! Making the whole property, and any item that currently has it, either useless or overpriced!!!
Again, mage armor should be just that, make armor medable and keep all the other bonuses untouched!

There goes my dream of having a bad-ass mage in heavy (dragon) armor THAT ACTUALLY WORKS! Look at all the imbue weight I'd be prepared to pay for it! But nooooooo, character diversity, the core that is UO must be destroyed even more!

Why keep a perfectly awesome system, when you can mess it up and break it into multiple disfunctional systems that no-one asks for, eh?

Then we have this fun thing:
  • Trade deals cost 2,000,000gp from funds obtained from the City Treasury.
  • The City Treasury can be donated to by dropping gold or checks on the City Herald near each City Stone.
  • The City Treasury is subject to a daily 5% reduction above 10,000gp to pay for general City Services.
So why would I as governor want any funds in the treasury when the only thing I can buy is trade contracts, and I can just keep the money in my own bank until I have to buy a new trade contract??? Why have a reduction system, when it is so simple to circumvent it, and players get no advantage for leaving funds in the treasury?

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those wondering we can remove mage armor from artifacts on TC. We are unable to add mage armor back to those artifacts. Tested on the following:

Gladiator's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Fey Leggings
Thank you. I have been considering making a valorite or verite suit which included Violet Courage and was a bit confused as to how the mage armor on that piece would effect it.

Arathar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just registered to post that if this refinement nonsense goes through in any form, I'm outta here. The devs are really aren't listening to the community and they're forcing stuff down our throats we don't want, while not working on issues that need work. It's just factions all-over again. :( Mage armor is just a mess too and really a great indication of the poor system design: Making stuff overly complicated with all kinds of exceptions and special rules everywhere. Can take it off, can't take it back on, can't get it as a mod from reforging, can get it as mod on loot or normal runics, etc etc etc. JUST KEEP MAGE ARMOR AS IT IS! WITH THE ARMOR TYPE BONUSES! FFS!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far i can see mage armor is not going away, it will still be on artifacts, it will still be on loot and if you want it you can add it on crafted items if you go to the mage guild. As a warrior i gladly remove the useless mage armor parts.

And non of your current equipment changes with the publish unless you want it.

I don't have a problem with any of my characters, my warriors ware plate and my spellcasters wear Leather.

And if there things that need to be changed, i just make something new. Then again i always been able to adapt and not spend insane amount of gold on a single item.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Hello! It is called a wand" Missing from the weapons list. " Why yes that is a wand in my pocket."

If you don't like refinement. Don't mess with it. Your armor wont know it is out there also if you don't use refinement on it. Lets see your flamestrike does a few points less damage to some guy. But you buddy the archer can turn him into a pin cushion. In reverse your Lightning bolt spell makes you look like a god and your archer buddy feels like he can't hit the broadside of a barn while standing inside it. Sound like balance for those that want to gamble on the battle field.

The armor changes are no big deal. An improvement if anything. Now it will be worth while for a fighter to wear the bulky plate armor. And a player that wants to wear leaves will get their bell rung just like it should of been all the long. A player shouldn't feel as brave in a toe to toe fight wearing the skin of a cow vs the guy wearing the dragon scale. UO is doing just fine with the armor changes and there are other games on line for those that just want to play dress-up.

Same with Mage Armor. The new option allows it to be added to armor that is non med for zero points making it no different then leather armor minus one mod. Really you want to look like a barbarian and cast spells. Presto the new system allows you to wear full plate with a total of six less mods. Now an elf can make those 6 +5 HCI wood armor then add point free mage armor and three mods. Drop rate of arcanic runes was lame at best. Have mage armor mod and still have all the imbue points for 4 other mods on armor not ment to be med in. Sounds like balance, brilliant.

Here is your hanky. Hold it up by the corners and doubles as a sign.

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then we have this fun thing:
  • Trade deals cost 2,000,000gp from funds obtained from the City Treasury.
  • The City Treasury can be donated to by dropping gold or checks on the City Herald near each City Stone.
  • The City Treasury is subject to a daily 5% reduction above 10,000gp to pay for general City Services.
So why would I as governor want any funds in the treasury when the only thing I can buy is trade contracts, and I can just keep the money in my own bank until I have to buy a new trade contract??? Why have a reduction system, when it is so simple to circumvent it, and players get no advantage for leaving funds in the treasury?

Here is a tip, if you not inerested in town politics, don't do it!

Just like i don't like PvP. Don't mean others can't enjoy it. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

What PvP will there be when no one can hardly hit anyone else and by the time they do get a second hit in the other guy will have healed... will just be about who has more folk on what side getting off a lucky hit all at the same time.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What PvP will there be when no one can hardly hit anyone else and by the time they do get a second hit in the other guy will have healed... will just be about who has more folk on what side getting off a lucky hit all at the same time.

And then there is the story about the mage that went to a knife fight. If there less likely to be hit they will get burned more, Called balance.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And then there is the story about the mage that went to a knife fight. If there less likely to be hit they will get burned more, Called balance.
So your saying we are headed back to Mages Online?

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not funny! If a developer insists on fundamental changes, even if that changes are not wanted or welcomed by a very large percentage of the player base - well, there is something really wrong. We pay the dev team with our subscriptions. Obviously someone in that dev team forgot that. Maybe that stubborn ex-EM.

I for myself will speak with my wallet, and so will my friends in game, if that refinement crap goes through in the current form.

Safe travels!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last Monday i joined a tournament. and guess what ? I won! http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/38860

I don't like to PvP and my character is not build for it. Its a pure warrior and he was only wearing a all 70 resist suit.
These refinements will make him even better for PvM with the right adjustments. I will experiment with it.

I seen players talking how they building their suits now and too me its amazing what they can up with. Even a 15 Year old Vet can learn a lot from them, even when they not playing that long.

If someone like me can win a tournament with a stupid warrior , I'm sure the smart and players who don't mind to adapt can still won plenty of fights. And if things seems complicated, there is no shame in asking others for advice and help. :)

Things change but often its never been as bad as the loudest screamers think! :)

Saying that it changes in mages online when warriors in plate armor getting a boost seems to contradict each other. :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope you just looking at two guys wacking each other with weapons in armor refined to higher DCI for lower resist. So if that paladin archer hit a lucky shot with consecrate weapon or elemental damage weapon in the right spot it may take 2 bandies for that boo boo.

What players should be complaining about is they want to play with refinement they will have to make two suits. One refined for higher DCI for weapon enemy and one for higher resist for casters or elemental heavy damagers. The have those nifty auto undress and redress keys set up for playing in refinment.

To grow plants or to not grow plants with the auto refill pitcher? that is the same question.

For the other watch the door as you leave, Hate to give you another reason to cry.

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not funny! If a developer insists on fundamental changes, even if that changes are not wanted or welcomed by a very large percentage of the player base - well, there is something really wrong. We pay the dev team with our subscriptions. Obviously someone in that dev team forgot that. Maybe that stubborn ex-EM.

I for myself will speak with my wallet, and so will my friends in game, if that refinement crap goes through in the current form.

Safe travels!

The screamers are not always the majority. :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Hello! It is called a wand" Missing from the weapons list. " Why yes that is a wand in my pocket."
I'm only quoting this bit, because it's the only bit I have a problem with. Take another look. Wand is listed under 'Mace' between 'shepherd's crook' and 'black staff' :D

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the publish and think its moving in the right direction. The Town Loyalty System is great! Weapon changes seem to be almost complete. Refinement is almost worked out as well. Only a few minor balance issues remain unaddressed.

The DCI cap is still 95 on TC but it will be lowered to 70.
  • Hit lower defense now scales 35% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.
I think this is a change in the right direction... It makes HLD much less effective against lower DCI.

The only issue I see is that 70 DCI completely negates HLD when its 35% in the exact same way -25 DCI was negated when DCI was overcapped.... Basically the same issue remains except now people can have 70 DCI to start rather then 45 DCI over capped to 70.

Old HLD vs. 70 DCI = 45 DCI
New HLD vs 70 DCI = 45 DCI

If HLD is adjusted to 40% under the new system it will fix all the issue. Less effective against lower DCI then previous systems, but prevents the effect from being completely negated at Max DCI.

40% HLD vs 45 DCI = 27 DCI
40% HLD vs. 70 DCI = 42 DCI

The Gargoyle race hit chance increase cap has been reduced from 50 to 45.
If max DCI is going to be set at 70, then rather then lower the Gargoyle Max HCI from 50 to 45, increase Max HCI to 50 for all characters. This reduces the difference between max HCI and max DCI from 25 to 20.

I'd rather see them even or closer with a slight edge to Max DCI of no more then 5-10%.

Chivalry: Divine Fury stamina regenerated decreased to 2.5x duration from 4x duration.
I understand why you have to reduce the stamina increase to keep things balanced with the stamina changes to leech and armor but to keep the spell viable please adjust the DCI penalty by scaling the spell from -15 to -5 from the current -20 to -10.

The two handed melee “Balanced” property has been added to imbuing. Weapons with this property will be unable to parry or evade.
The two handed weapon changes are good, but the issue with balance property remains. Balanced two-handed melee weapons should parry and evade like a one handed melee weapon.

Disarm, now applies a 10 second disarm immunity timer when performed using weapons. Wrestling moves are not subject to the immunity timer.
A passive dodge rating has to be added for weapon users while disarmed. I've posted about this various times but something as simple as Weapon skill -20 while unarmed.

Heavy Crossbow, Base damage 20-24 / Weapon Speed 5 seconds
vs.
Paladin Sword, Base damage 20-24 / Weapon Speed 5 seconds
This is a minor thing but the two weapons with the Highest Base damage and weapon speed are both two handed but one is a ranged weapon while the other is melee. A melee weapon with the same speed as a ranged weapon should have a slightly higher base damage or if the base damage is the same should be slightly faster then the ranged weapon.

Paladin sword either have its base damage changed to 21-25 or weapon speed reduced to 4.75.

Thank you for considering the feedback,

-Lore's Player

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Like that is an excuse for poor game design? If you don't like it, don't do it?

What does that remind me of? Oh yes:
"If you don't like the way they messed up factions, just don't play it"
*Everyone stops playing factions and the whole system is dead now*

"If you don't like the overcomplicated crafting system, then just stop crafting!"

"If you don't like the overcomplicated suit building, then stop playing on a viable combat character!"

"If you don't like the imbalanced PVP, then stop PVPing!"

Eventually, there won't be any game left.

I AM interested in town politics and I'm going to run for governor. After all I was the first player ever to reach venerated status with a city (and had to wait over a year before anything can be done with it!!!). I'm just not very happy with what I see so far. The system has so much potential and what do we get? Expiring titles, expiring funds and more numberbuffs. I expected something along the lines of being able to set blueprints to build inside the city, the citizens contributing funds/resources/labour, and the building being placed once everything was handed in. Governor being able to lock down addons and other items inside the city. Citizens being able to place vendors in the town. Any other reason for people to come and actually visit the town and work together! Freeshards had this 10 years ago as part of their player-run city systems, why can't we?

"But hey, if you don't want 5% swing speed increase, don't take it!"

Yeah right.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a minute, I was worried this Publish might actually make me want to play UO again...then I read it.

Yay
Did you ever play UO before?

Or do you just randomly go to gaming boards and bad mouth them?

Sorry but I am just so sick of hasbeens and malcontents coming on the games own boards to trash it.

At least have the deceny to pay your $13 a month to trash the game like the rest of us :)

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh. Why bother? No one will ever use this property.

Isn't having to take up an imbue slot enough punishment??
Adding balanced to 2 handed melee weapons will make for a bit more template diversity and re-introduce some classic old weapons back into pvp.

The parry/evade effect is not a huge factor in Fellucca.

You are looking at the overall picture right? Not just pvm/sampires?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like that is an excuse for poor game design? If you don't like it, don't do it?

What does that remind me of? Oh yes:
"If you don't like the way they messed up factions, just don't play it"
*Everyone stops playing factions and the whole system is dead now*

"If you don't like the overcomplicated crafting system, then just stop crafting!"

"If you don't like the overcomplicated suit building, then stop playing on a viable combat character!"

"If you don't like the imbalanced PVP, then stop PVPing!"

Eventually, there won't be any game left.

I AM interested in town politics and I'm going to run for governor. After all I was the first player ever to reach venerated status with a city (and had to wait over a year before anything can be done with it!!!). I'm just not very happy with what I see so far. The system has so much potential and what do we get? Expiring titles, expiring funds and more numberbuffs. I expected something along the lines of being able to set blueprints to build inside the city, the citizens contributing funds/resources/labour, and the building being placed once everything was handed in. Citizens being able to place vendors in the town. Any other reason for people to come and actually visit the town and work together! Freeshards had this 10 years ago as part of their player-run city systems, why can't we?

"But hey, if you don't want 5% swing speed increase, don't take it!"

Yeah right.

Got to love those people who read more into things then that was actually written:p

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Imbuing base intensity caps have been increased up to 550 for two handed melee weapon and up to 500 for bows and crossbows."

Isn't the imbuing cap for bows and crossbows already 500? Is this a typo or does that mean bows and crossbows are not getting a boost to 550 like was previously stated?
Was scratching my head on this one myself

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For pvp purposes is Divine Fury now even worth the bit of mana it uses?
Or for that matter is it even going to be worth having Chiv at all unless you are playing a no fun, total defense warrior?

Not regaining full stamina while still taking the huge DCI loss seems away out whack imo.

I dont currently play any type of Chiv pvper but it just doesnt seem right.

Especially as I would have loved to mess around with one after the new balanced melee change :(

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The screamers are not always the majority. :p
And what if they are, and what if the gut feeling of some random forum screamers have more game design insight than a paid team of developers have? That'd be scary!

I mean, it's only been 2 months since they finally went "Geeeezz, maybe 95 DCI cap IS going to bust the game after all!" And they need screamers to tell them that? When there have been dozens of people like me politely submitting feedback and politely talking to them on test server and being TOTALLY IGNORED. When it should be obvious to anyone with a little bit of math skill, a pencil, an empty sheet of paper and 5 minutes of basic calculations that things would go out of whack the second this was implemented? And while everyone was busy screaming about the DCI, the imbalance in the resistance caps and the exploitive situations that they can lead to goes unnoticed. Not like I haven't reported this feedback months ago, but hey, refinement HAS to go through no matter what!

Of course there are also some people that want the refinements. So they can build indestructable characters soloing the hardest encounters even more efficiently.