• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 on TC1

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand about wanting them to get a move on with it. But personally I rather them take their time.
the only reason i'd advocate them to get a move on it, is because after two weeks they did nothing important with it imo. Who knows what happens behind closed doors though.

I'm sure i'm not the only one, that this whole publish is holding up characters/suits being made, and the updates to material resist make it worse. I feel sorry for anyone that has recently made a top end suit. your resists are now mediocre in comparison, and the top chunk of your dci is now worthless.

At least if they allowed you to overcap dci (who really cares if they overcap it, if it takes 90-100 dci to officially overcap it enough to make hld not matter)

And I also believe they should reel this back in because mages/medable armor cannot overdo dci with refinements. And i also believe, that the medable armor SHOULD NOT get refinements, as it is a needed perk to non-med armor. just change the dci/hld stuff, and it would be fine.

THE HLD/DCI CHANGE IS TOO DETRIMENTAL TO PVP PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS.

Last edited:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've spent most of my time since last update of Pub 81 Focused on the HLD changes and Mage Armor effects because A) It was working correctly B) I thought Player's Feedback would be the best way to fix the issue.

The current Publish addresses the DCI CAP and HLD in a way that is extemely detrimental to PvP. In the last thread I summerized feedback and put together a fix that would work with publish but not drastically change HLD in pvp (only kept it from being completely nullified)

Summary if you want to avoid reading the details:

Med Armor: doesn't recieve the stamina, LMC, and anti SSI bonus's but get the DCI bonus of refinement without losing max resists (DCI Overcap: 95)

Non-Med Armor: Benefits of stamina protection, LMC and anti SSI but must use refinement at the cost of max resists. (DCI CAP: Base 45 [Refinable to 0-95 over the cap]

The Max DCI that is effective remains 45. Refinement and Med Armor allow you to increase the amount over the cap to reduce the effects of Suprise Attack, Hit Lower Defense (HLD) and other DCI lowering effects.

Here is the link to details:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-updated-publish-81-on-tc1.295073/page-13#post-2247515

My Thoughts: This fixes issues with current suits, problems for mages and mage armor and fix the issues the new publish creates in pvp which are legitment and why I spend my time doing this prior to this update.

-Lore's Player

Good to see you're still around Lore.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... if they are going to have it this one then especially because of these new hld/dci changes they need to let cloth/leather/mage armor be refineable too.
Well said and maybe the best solution since its universal, simple, easy to understand and effective.

Id advocate for changing it to halving DCI by 50% instead of 55% (easier calculation in your head, easier to explain to non-power gamer players "hld cuts your defence chance in half") and allow overcapping if you want. You would have to get to 90DCI before you would completely overcap dci, and if you wanted to do that, more power to you, your suit would be dedicated to resisting hit lower defense then.
Again great solution, universal, simple to understand and effective. The one negative is being able to refine to the point of nullifying Hit Lower Defense but I agree the entire suit would be dedicated to that purpose so that is a balance of sorts....

[Ignore this if you want to stay on track and move things forward: If you wanted to balance the compromise you could have Refinement have a DCI scale of 1-8 (rather then 1-10) and able to effect 4 resists per piece rather then all 5 (which I actually makes creating a suit from various armor types more interesting). This would create a DCI Cap of 85 which could be reduce to 43 with HLD.]

These are easy fixes, and I don't see anyone coming out against them. They have been supported by the community from all differnt play styles (crafting, pvm and pvp) as fair and balanced compromises that fit exactly into the Pub as is with no major overhaul needed (if people do have issues with these ideas please post what they are and why).

I really hope we can move beyond this and address the last lingering issues of Mage Armor, Two Handed Parry when Balance is present, unarmed defense for warrior types, (prob a few other ones I'm missing) all of which have had great feedback and many possible solutions provided by players who have been on Test Shard, crafting, enhancing, fighting to give the most accurate and constructive feedback to help move this forward in a well recieved and positive change to the game.

-Lore's Player

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moving shot wouldnt be the problem that it could be if they would address disarm properly, and possibly rethink their hld change. making another change to something (moving shot in this case) because of other changes, feels a lot like the dev team chasing their tails. The only reason a lot of ranged combat is desired over melee is because of the ability to chase someone that cowardly ran away effectively. I think the mana change to it is a decent enough change to it for now.

Devs chasing their tails - ie:

changed this, oh damn now we should change this. oh since you changed that we should update this. ok sicne you did this, now boost that. oh since you boosted that we better nerf this..
Yeah true I do think the hld change needs to be nerfed. I am all for not being able to overcap dci but people who can;t or chose not to use refinements shouldn;t have their dci put into the dumps with a hit from hld. I am hoping the mana change will be enough for moving shot as well. I mean an extra 5 mana adds up overtime. But I hear ya.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know though if these changes will effect our current armor would be nice if they did. Of course with the HLD/DCI changes many will be changing their suits anyway. But at least let the resists update on our armor! Guess we will see..
I know you're on Siege and can't character copy, but this is a good point we might be overlooking. Probably would be a good idea to make some suits out of various materials on other shards, make note of the resists, copy them to Test and see what happens to them. Hopefully character copy remains functional for a while. It's frustrating when it's turned off and there's actually a reason for lots of us to want to be looking at stuff on Test.

Edited to add: Character copy from Origin and the other west coast shards to Test currently seems to be disabled. You can go all the way through the process until you hit the screen where you pick the destination shard and there's no way to select Test Center. Will check some other shards to see if any of them are working.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you're on Siege and can't character copy, but this is a good point we might be overlooking. Probably would be a good idea to make some suits out of various materials on other shards, make note of the resists, copy them to Test and see what happens to them. Hopefully character copy remains functional for a while. It's frustrating when it's turned off and there's actually a reason for lots of us to want to be looking at stuff on Test.
[/quote]
Yeah I know I am going to have to get on a crafter on Siege and make some stuff then make some stuff on test center to see how they compare. Right now busy testing to see if Petras idea of using 1 color of dragon scale per item then pick your gorgets metal based on what your resists are actually works.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I know I am going to have to get on a crafter on Siege and make some stuff then make some stuff on test center to see how they compare. Right now busy testing to see if Petras idea of using 1 color of dragon scale per item then pick your gorgets metal based on what your resists are actually works.
I have an idea for checking whether or not the changes affect existing armor. Going to see if the translog file in my UO folder kept track of my character copies to Test Center for this publish. If it did, it should have noted the properties on my various characters' armor and I can then log on and see if anything changed on the armor since this last update on TC. They aren't wearing anything uber, but I think a few of them are wearing at least a few pieces of barbed leather armor. I hope they'll get character copy turned back on soon.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the characters you copy to Test Center do show up in the translog file. If you go to the very bottom of the file and search backwards for the word "Date" it takes you to the beginning of the last character transferred or copied.

I checked the resists on some barbed leather and spined studded leather armor on a character I copied to Test around February 25th and the resists on them today match what they were when transferred. So perhaps the change to resists won't apply to armor already created when the publish goes live. Would be nice to get confirmation though from someone who knows for sure.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so tested dragonscale one piece of each color *except yellow of course* then chose bronze for the gorget. With 6 imbues I was able to get to phy70/fire70/cold68/poison67/energy70 so almost all 70s and actually on live the numbers for cold and poison would be better since on test center I do not have access to boura hides/pelts. So on live cold would have been 70 and poison 69. Not too bad better then what I was expecting for sure! So dragon armor isn;t AS bad as I thought it was if you mix and match the colors. However the problem of actually making it still remains. Its a pain in the you know what to make exceptionally. You only get something like 6-8 scales per dragon/wyrm/seaserpent. Your still better off sticking with metal in this case. Though to be fair with the randomess of mining spots that is one blow against metal since while the amount dropped is low at least I can know exactly where to go to farm dragonscales. But still raise the amount of scales that scale dropping monsters drop when skinned. Also make it more in line with plate in terms of success in crafting exceptionally. I think if you did that you may see some people use dragonscale. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so tested dragonscale one piece of each color *except yellow of course* then chose bronze for the gorget. With 6 imbues I was able to get to phy70/fire70/cold68/poison67/energy70 so almost all 70s and actually on live the numbers for cold and poison would be better since on test center I do not have access to boura hides/pelts. So on live cold would have been 70 and poison 69. Not too bad better then what I was expecting for sure! So dragon armor isn;t AS bad as I thought it was if you mix and match the colors. However the problem of actually making it still remains. Its a pain in the you know what to make exceptionally. You only get something like 6-8 scales per dragon/wyrm/seaserpent. Your still better off sticking with metal in this case. Though to be fair with the randomess of mining spots that is one blow against metal since while the amount dropped is low at least I can know exactly where to go to farm dragonscales. But still raise the amount of scales that scale dropping monsters drop when skinned. Also make it more in line with plate in terms of success in crafting exceptionally. I think if you did that you may see some people use dragonscale. :)
Getting more scales would also speed up the process of donating scales to the library for rewards.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Look, let's just admit it, Refinement needs to go. They posted it like a month ago and got back cries of confusion and hurled tomatoes in response. They've spent the intervening month "tweaking" the system and it nevertheless still looks like it's going to utterly screw over any semblance of balance in both PVP and PVM. It's just not a good idea. A good idea would look at least a little bit balanced by now.

Upon reflection, if gargoyles having an extra 5 HCI was really an issue worth addressing, then I can't imagine how mages being knocked down to 20 DCI all the time won't be a complete mess. Meanwhile 95 DCI sampires still promise to be hilariously imbalanced, especially once they're in the hands of the sorts of people who already solo peerlesses right now.

It's just... not a very good idea. It just isn't.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What good is scale armor if you have to use more of your imbuing weights to add resists? I could build the same using something else like wood and come out 100X's better with more properties... So again I saw that Scales while they would seem to be the more promising of choices if one thought about how they come to be... and what it takes to get by them... is the poorest of all materials to choose.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Upon reflection, if gargoyles having an extra 5 HCI was really an issue worth addressing, then I can't imagine how mages being knocked down to 20 DCI all the time won't be a complete mess. Meanwhile 95 DCI sampires still promise to be hilariously imbalanced, especially once they're in the hands of the sorts of people who already solo peerlesses right now.

It's just... not a very good idea. It just isn't.

This pretty much hits the nail dead center right here.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What good is scale armor if you have to use more of your imbuing weights to add resists? I could build the same using something else like wood and come out 100X's better with more properties... So again I saw that Scales while they would seem to be the more promising of choices if one thought about how they come to be... and what it takes to get by them... is the poorest of all materials to choose.
Well for me at least I usually always have to imbue some resists on my armor. So that is no big deal. However otherwise I agree with you. Dragonscale is way too much of a pain to make and one would be better off sticking with something like wood or if you want the full stamina protection metal.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using red drag scales + Reforging with shadow runic: (used val runic reforged for shield to give 20 dci + 10 ssi)

65+ in all resist except cold (oh well)
85 dci
45 hci
40 lmc
120 hp
190 stam
99 int

120 bushido
120 swords
120 tacts
100 necro (vamp mode) +20% Healing
100 anatomy
85 chivalry
75 spirit (for curse weapon) +50% Healing

Hitting for around 200+ (armor ignore +30% HLD and HLA with longsword) and leeching 70% of that back
back in health plus at 85 dci means i don't get hit enough to really worry about it anyway.

Took less than an hour to build the suit. I'll use dragon scale from now on (pvm).

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like ill be finding a game that doesn't require an astrophysics degree to play..

..so pointless it was a simple fix add more imbuing weight for the less desirables, not add the most confusing system ever put into any MMO..

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until you can smelt and get the materials back from making wood armor like you can with leather/metal- wood armor and it's enhancements should be better (if not significantly better) than either leather or metal. Not only do you need to find PITA rare wood, but you have to use an extra ingredient (bark) when making each piece, and you can't recycle it.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Took less than an hour to build the suit. I'll use dragon scale from now on (pvm).
I don't understand why you wouldn't just use metal and then enhance with Valorite/Agapite/whatever. Is it just a matter of not wanting to either spring for a forged metal or break things?

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This pretty much hits the nail dead center right here.
The thing is, conceptually I like the idea of HLD ignoring overcap DCI. It makes HLD relevant and it's easy to understand. It's just that a 55% reduction seems like WAY TOO MUCH under these circumstances, when there's no longer a massive overcap to absorb it.

Nerfing the HLD effect seems like an obvious answer, but then what happens when a dexer rolls up with his DCI refined to infinity and even HLD doesn't bring it down that much? I imagine that refinement becomes mandatory for every dexer, dexer fights become drawn-out whiff-fests, etcetera, and I don't think they want that.

This is presumably why they initially based the new HLD on the target's DCI cap, rather than on their plain old DCI, so that it would effect that refined guy a lot more than anyone else.

The obvious solution is to just dump the whole refinement system completely. Then you can nerf HLD down to a balanced level (whatever that may be) while still letting it ignore overcap DCI, and there's no dexer with uber DCI unbalancing things.

I really think refinement is the core of the current problems. I think all this DCI/HLD stuff they're changing is mostly only there to support and balance refinement. Except even after a month of iteration it's really not working out very well.

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. Agree with KLOMP and what others have said.

Can I summarize the general consensus on Pub81 like this?

Weapon special move changes: Go
Weapon damage normalization: Go, but look into further buff to 2H weapon damage (or other way to make them more viable) in future patch
Extra imbuing weight for 2H weapons/bows: Go
Balanced weapon property on 2H: Go add this, but remove parry penalty
Medium/Heavy Armor LMC: Go
Medium/Heavy Armor Stamina Protection: Go
Mage armor property: Retain properties from medium/heavy armor, just allow meditation to work (keep it simple)
New material resistances: Maybe tweak a little bit more, overall its a go
Dragon Scale Reforging: Go, but look into yellow
Refinements: Scrap completely
HLD/DCI: Revert back to current live situation, but consider looking at overcap issues in future patch
Divine Fury Nerf: Go, but boost DV in another way and/or look into boosting chiv in general in future patch
Animal Form Nerf: Go
Gargoyle HCI Nerf: Go
Stamina Leech Nerf: Believe general consensus is that it is a bit too heavy nerf, but not seen very much discussion/testing on this one as other issues were more important

Other changes (current version of stam pots, evil omen, cleansing winds) haven't seen enough discussion that I am aware of that I can see a consensus on them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what the heck that means! LOL

I know I had 70 DCI on my suit, that is all. Overcapped or undercpaped (whatever that means) I had 70 straight across, no more then that. Raising my cap to 70 even though I have 70 on my suit already... Ok that makes sense? o_O
The change removes the ability to "over cap" your DCI. So even if you have 70 DCI the game treats it at whatever your cap is, which regularly is 45%, so when you got hit by HLD it took 55% off of 45, not 70, bringing you down to 21.

You can now reinforce your armor to lower resist cap and up the DCI cap, so you would have to do that in order to take advantage of all of your 70 DCI.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only reason i'd advocate them to get a move on it, is because after two weeks they did nothing important with it imo. Who knows what happens behind closed doors though.
Game design/design implementation takes time. Just how it is.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pre pub 81 maybe but go on test center and check it out first please because that's where I am getting my logic from. Without parry, dex, and if you are relying on a mage weapon and you get disarmed by a fencer/archer then you are screwed. You don't move to avoid the moving shot so you stand still and just get pummeled for how long? At the length of time it takes for you to get a greater heal off you'll just keep getting fizzled. You wont be able to mini heal through the dmg cause the archer is decimating you hitting you 90% or more of the time... Seriously?
Learn to play. Once you have dropped into protection they cant do anything to you. You just let them do their mana dump on you and you heal through it. Once they have done there mana dump a dexter is useless. 1v1 a dexter can not kill a PvP Mage unles the mage us totay useless. Once the Dexter has done his mana dump, you can then come out of protection and start using pots and potting inbetween spells, if your not using pots then your not using your Mage to the best of its abilitys.

Lern to play insted of crying.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can now reinforce your armor to lower resist cap and up the DCI cap, so you would have to do that in order to take advantage of all of your 70 DCI.
That might be a problem if his suit is leather, uses artifacts or has mage armor... otherwise he's in great shape.

-Lore's Player

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bear in mind that on normal shards you'd be using an ASH and talisman, which would make getting except far less of a pain.
As to why wear it? Well, no reason really, over and above normal metals, except for the look of it. Why not wood? My warrior's not an elf.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. Agree with KLOMP and what others have said.

Can I summarize the general consensus on Pub81 like this?
I'll add my support to the list of Good to Go and needs work:

Weapon special move changes: Go [Agree]
Weapon damage normalization: Go, but look into further buff to 2H weapon damage (or other way to make them more viable) in future patch [Partial Agree, damage may be fine, real game testing give a better idea]
Extra imbuing weight for 2H weapons/bows: Go [Agree]
Balanced weapon property on 2H: Go add this, but remove parry penalty [Partial Agree, Parry like a one-handed weapon rather then remove penalty]
Medium/Heavy Armor LMC: Go [Agree]
Medium/Heavy Armor Stamina Protection: Go [Agree]
Mage armor property: Retain properties from medium/heavy armor, just allow meditation to work [Agree for now, but keep addressing in future publishes]
New material resistances: Maybe tweak a little bit more, overall its a go [Agree]
Dragon Scale Reforging: Go, but look into yellow [Agree]
Refinements: Scrap completely [Disagree, Great Idea but needs more testing and balance and should be the sole focus of next publish rather then holding back all the positives in 81. Currently to many issues with Total DCI in pvp, DCI CAP, HLD, interaction with med/mage armor]
HLD/DCI: Revert back to current live situation, but consider looking at overcap issues in future patch [Partial Agree, move forward with the 55% change but keep DCI over capping as it is now]
Divine Fury Nerf: Go, but boost DV in another way and/or look into boosting chiv in general in future patch [Agree]
Animal Form Nerf: Go [Agree]
Gargoyle HCI Nerf: Go [Agree]
Stamina Leech Nerf: Believe general consensus is that it is a bit too heavy nerf, but not seen very much discussion/testing on this one as other issues were more important [Partial, move forward but be open to player feedback in first few weeks to adjustments (high or low).

Lore's Player

Last edited:

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Learn to play. Once you have dropped into protection they cant do anything to you. You just let them do their mana dump on you and you heal through it. Once they have done there mana dump a dexter is useless. 1v1 a dexter can not kill a PvP Mage unles the mage us totay useless. Once the Dexter has done his mana dump, you can then come out of protection and start using pots and potting inbetween spells, if your not using pots then your not using your Mage to the best of its abilitys.

Lern to play insted of crying.
wow lol and who'd of thought Cetric, KLOMP and whoever else that didn't quite agree with the DCI/HLD proposed changes couldn't play! There must be a ton of people on the forum here that have issues with that change and you're saying they just need to "learn how to play"? lol

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Aw heck, if we're all doing it this way...

Weapon special changes: Sure, whatever. Go.
Weapon damage normalization: Disappointing, but doesn't break anything. Go.
Extra imbuing weight for 2H: Sure. Go.
Balanced property on 2H: No one but the devs thinks the parry penalty isn't a joke. Hold.
Inherent armor LMC: Sure, whatever. Go.
Armor stamina protection: The only really neat idea in this publish. Go.
Mage armor issue: Current penalty is excessively heavy-handed. Hold.
New material resistances: Scale needs more help, but hooray for random buffs I guess. Go.
Refinements: Massive devastating balance issues. Scrap.
HLD/DCI changes: HLD overpowered, fixable if Refinement is removed. Hold.
Stamina Leech nerf: Needs more testing, only seems to faze non-Sampires. Hold.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow lol and who'd of thought Cetric, KLOMP and whoever else that didn't quite agree with the DCI/HLD proposed changes couldn't play! There must be a ton of people on the forum here that have issues with that change and you're saying they just need to "learn how to play"? lol
and you will also take note that your the only one complaining a Mage cant take a Dexter on 1v1 and win, so yeah lol and learn to play.

Edit: DCI has always been crap, it relied on the RNG too much. If you play as a Mage and rely on your DCI to keep you alive maybe PvP is not for you.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bear in mind that on normal shards you'd be using an ASH and talisman, which would make getting except far less of a pain.
As to why wear it? Well, no reason really, over and above normal metals, except for the look of it. Why not wood? My warrior's not an elf.
Yeah my dexxer isn't a elf either *and never will be lol* so no wood armor for me either! Yeah dragonscale does look pretty cool. I know it would be easier to craft on live I do have access to a nice talisman. But even then with that talisman I know on live I get a lot of failures. Really I think if they just made it more in line with plates difficulty to make and up the amount dropped that would solve most of the problems with it.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya anyone who knows imbuing fairly well can make just about any armor work in PvM. It is just a little more sloppy. The changes do make Dragon Scale more attractive. What sells leather and metal for me is the ability to enhance it after you create it from a normal leather or iron base. The arms lore bonus is huge. To me the most important part of building a suit is getting the base items just right. It doesnt take alot of extra time to do this.

I created the base suit below on TC in about 45 minutes. It is a 6 piece ringmail chest/legs/arms/gloves, chainmail coif, studded leather gorget suit w/a nice shame loot shield. It isn't exactly pretty. But I selected those pieces because they use the fewest resources, can be crafted 100% exceptional at 120 BS and provide the strongest stamina protection (I hope). I havent actually imbued it yet, but in the end it will be a 85/95/70/70/70 suit enhanced w/valorite. I over capped the suit 40 points, 15 extra physical to absorb the protection penalty and 25 extra fire to absorb the vamp form penalty. I will use only 4 of 30 imbuing slots (400 points from the intensity pool of 3000 of all 6 pieces) to cap resists. To get the most bang for my buck (literaly), I crafted and smelted the first four ringmail pieces until I crafted pieces that did not apply any arms lore bonus to fire, leaving the pieces at their 3% fire resist base. Those 4 ringmail pieces will be imbued with 15 fire resist per. No arms lore bounus was wasted. Out of curiosity, I counted the number of attempts I made at crafting each base piece and compared it to how many dragon scales I would have to farm to make the same number of attempts.

So now I have a suit that will give my human necro all 70's resists while in vamp form with protection. I will have 26 imbuing slots and 2600 intensity pool to load this thing up with stamina, mana, LMC, LRC and whatever else I have room for. If the stamina damage protection is sufficient I may not even need stam leech on my weapon. And I still have yet to add jewels, robes, aprons, talismans or earings.

Concerning materials, I lost 1364 iron ingots in smelting failed attempts. If I were to make this armor with dragon scale using this method I would lose 6528 sclaes rolling the right arms lore bonus. I can then either choose to spend all of 10 seconds buying 3 stacks of iron from an npc for @30k to make base items or, referecing the hunter's guide, I can spend hours upon hours farming my desired scale cache:

Red/Yellow scales
3264 red/brown drakes
or 933 red/brown Dragons/Greater Dragons

Green scales
1306 Swamp Dragons

Blue scales
816 Sea Serpents

Black scales
653 Shadow Wyrms

White scales
1088 Serpentine Dragons
or 726 White Wyrms

And wont get the same resist pool from dragon armor. Dragon scale pieces can get up to 64 resists total with one imbued resist (just below agapite) while valorite can max at 67 resists for one imbued resist. Non imbued pieces cap 46 for DS at and 52 for val. I'll lose 18 resists from the pool crafting with DS forcing me to burn 2 additional imbuing slots and 120ish more points from the total intensity pool to make up the difference. But I'm tired, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weapon special move changes: Go
Weapon damage normalization: Go, but look into further buff to 2H weapon damage (or other way to make them more viable) in future patch
Disarm Change: Go, maybe even make it more heavy like the anat+weap skill/2=120 for block like eval/anat
Extra imbuing weight for 2H weapons/bows: Go
Balanced weapon property on 2H: Go add this, but remove parry penalty or make it 1 handed style parry, don't care about evade
Medium/Heavy Armor LMC: Go
Medium/Heavy Armor Stamina Protection: Go
Mage armor property: Retain properties from medium/heavy armor, just allow meditation to work (keep it simple)
New material resistances: Maybe tweak a little bit more, maybe only raise them 2, or 3, rather than 4. overall its a go tho
Dragon Scale Reforging: Go, but look into yellow
Refinements: scrap completely, this is the driving force behind the dci/hld problems and other balancing issues
HLD/DCI: Revert back to current live situation, or allow overcapping to whereever and cut defenses down by 50% instead of 55%
Divine Fury Nerf: Go, but boost DV in another way and/or look into boosting chiv in general in future patch
Animal Form Nerf: Go
Gargoyle HCI Nerf: Go
Stamina Leech Nerf: remove or cut back how much it diminishes

much like others have stated

HLD without an overcap will be devastating. either let leave the current system as is, or allow massive overcapping, and allow hld to cut 50%, so to overcap you would need 90% DCI, and at that point yes, your suit is DEDICATED to it, so i guess thats the trade off.

a 95% DCI pvm sampire will be hilarious to see. same goes for some idiot who decides to rock 95% dci, parry, stone form, protection, and sit at yew gate and laugh at everyone who cant kill him.

i don't want to see refinements end up on all armor types, because i dont want to see people running with different resist caps all over the place. it is more than obvious that people will try to run 73/73/67/67/70 prolly, which just causes other damage output issues.

please add the refinements paperwork to the folder with the classic shard.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think 55% is way overboard. I am very happy they are getting rid of dci overcapping but someone with 45 dci cap would go down to around 20 dci. This seems rather harsh not to mention while it is true that those that can wear nonmed armor types will have the option of raising their dci cap what about the mages?
As of now, 55% is too favorable to the attacker (HLD user).
@ 55%
having 45 DCI retains 20.25 DCI through HLD;
having 70 DCI retains 31.5 DCI through HLD;
In order to retain 45 DCI through HLD, it would require 100 DCI (the max of 95 DCI retains 42.75 through HLD). This is too severe for the defender.

Somewhere between a 30-40% decrease may be a better solution. This will allow the defender to retain over half their DCI through HLD, yet still allow HLD to have a meaningful impact.
@ 30%
having 45 DCI retains 31.5 DCI through HLD;
having 70 DCI retains 49.0 DCI through HLD;

@40%
having 45 DCI retains 27.0 DCI through HLD;
having 70 DCI retains 42.0 DCI through HLD;

This would alow current overcap DCI suits to maintain their 45 DCI through HLD, if they simply add a few refinements to the suit. They would not require additional DCI, but would require use of refinements to increase their DCI to take full advantage of 70 DCI, as is intended by the Armor Refinements (+24 DCI Cap costs 12 resists). The resist loss is far less than Curse, so it will not be noticed (unless if they stack, TC went down as I tried to go test this).

DCI Overcapping completely overshadows HLD and the DCI Armor Refinements. It needs to disappear in order to progress. The HLD changes are too close to push-off or scrap. They need some tweaks to be dialed in. The adjustments above should do the trick.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I agree it is a great change. My only issue is I think you still can;t refine leather/cloth/mage armor. All of these especially with the HLD changes should be able to be refined. So mages for instance have a way of raising their dci cap and lessening the effects of HLD. They do that and I think this particular issue is solved.
I agree, refinements should be allowed on all types of armor. They do not adjust the inherent properties. There is no reason for them not to be allowed. Leather armor will have no way to offset HLD, by gaining more DCI through refinements.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looks like ill be finding a game that doesn't require an astrophysics degree to play..

..so pointless it was a simple fix add more imbuing weight for the less desirables, not add the most confusing system ever put into any MMO..
There's a typo in your statement - you meant "that does require" - and it's FAR from being the "most confusing system ever put into any MMO".

Practically every other MMO still running is EXTREMELY more complicated than these systems being proposed. Their devs just don't provide the math the way UO devs (sometimes) do.

If any of the other companies tried something like this, they'd say "you can add stuff to your suit to make damage resistance to go up, at the cost of potentially getting hit more, or resistance be lowered to have your evasion chance to go up", then leave it up to you to figure out their math, and have people arguing over where it was linear, a curve, voodoo or jut not functional.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Practically every other MMO still running is EXTREMELY more complicated than these systems being proposed. Their devs just don't provide the math the way UO devs (sometimes) do.
Blatantly false. By and large games have been making every effort to simplify. Only here in UO do we have developers waxing poetic about the joys of keeping a binder of hardcopy notes next to the computer in order to know what to wear.

As an example, here is the talent tree for Death Knight in World of Warcraft four years ago:
http://www.wowguideonline.com/images/talents/death-knight-talent-build.jpg

And here is the talent tree for a Death Knight in World of Warcraft right now:
http://reliq.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mists-of-Pandaria-Talent-Calculator-World-of-Warcraft.png

Notice how that older one has about a ton more crap going on, and how the new one is much simpler? Sorry, but some of us have actually played other games. Telling people "WELL YOU'RE DUMB THEN" isn't actually going to make them like this publish any better, and the verdict that it's too confusing has been loud and clear since it was first posted.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
85 dci [...] Took less than an hour to build the suit. I'll use dragon scale from now on (pvm).
You wouldn't need 85 DCI for PvM. In fact, if I'm reading the notes right, there's no point in having more than 45 DCI.

Hit lower defense now scales 55% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains at -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You wouldn't need 85 DCI for PvM. In fact, if I'm reading the notes right, there's no point in having more than 45 DCI.
"Misc Changes:
  • Hit lower defense now scales 55% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains at -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.
  • Ninjitsu Surprise Attack and Force Arrow special move now ignores over capped DCI."

For any of that to matter wouldn't the critter have to hit me with HLD? Maybe I've eaten too many bowls of coco crispies
but I don't know of any critters that hit hld....

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'm already ready for this thread to die. i don't think anymore should be debated, its been fairly unanimous about what should be fixed and what should be kicked to the curb since the beginning.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I still dont understand why going to 70 dci to avoid hld is even a problem to begin with. It should just be left at that because you still have to make sacrifices to get it on your suit anyway, and most people might say they are hld proof but they actually arent so you still get hld effects on alot of people already anyway at least on pac and atl you do lol

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya anyone who knows imbuing fairly well can make just about any armor work in PvM. It is just a little more sloppy. The changes do make Dragon Scale more attractive. What sells leather and metal for me is the ability to enhance it after you create it from a normal leather or iron base. The arms lore bonus is huge. To me the most important part of building a suit is getting the base items just right. It doesnt take alot of extra time to do this.

I created the base suit below on TC in about 45 minutes. It is a 6 piece ringmail chest/legs/arms/gloves, chainmail coif, studded leather gorget suit w/a nice shame loot shield. It isn't exactly pretty. But I selected those pieces because they use the fewest resources, can be crafted 100% exceptional at 120 BS and provide the strongest stamina protection (I hope). I havent actually imbued it yet, but in the end it will be a 85/95/70/70/70 suit enhanced w/valorite. I over capped the suit 40 points, 15 extra physical to absorb the protection penalty and 25 extra fire to absorb the vamp form penalty. I will use only 4 of 30 imbuing slots (400 points from the intensity pool of 3000 of all 6 pieces) to cap resists. To get the most bang for my buck (literaly), I crafted and smelted the first four ringmail pieces until I crafted pieces that did not apply any arms lore bonus to fire, leaving the pieces at their 3% fire resist base. Those 4 ringmail pieces will be imbued with 15 fire resist per. No arms lore bounus was wasted. Out of curiosity, I counted the number of attempts I made at crafting each base piece and compared it to how many dragon scales I would have to farm to make the same number of attempts.

So now I have a suit that will give my human necro all 70's resists while in vamp form with protection. I will have 26 imbuing slots and 2600 intensity pool to load this thing up with stamina, mana, LMC, LRC and whatever else I have room for. If the stamina damage protection is sufficient I may not even need stam leech on my weapon. And I still have yet to add jewels, robes, aprons, talismans or earings.

Concerning materials, I lost 1364 iron ingots in smelting failed attempts. If I were to make this armor with dragon scale using this method I would lose 6528 sclaes rolling the right arms lore bonus. I can then either choose to spend all of 10 seconds buying 3 stacks of iron from an npc for @30k to make base items or, referecing the hunter's guide, I can spend hours upon hours farming my desired scale cache:

Red/Yellow scales
3264 red/brown drakes
or 933 red/brown Dragons/Greater Dragons

Green scales
1306 Swamp Dragons

Blue scales
816 Sea Serpents

Black scales
653 Shadow Wyrms

White scales
1088 Serpentine Dragons
or 726 White Wyrms

And wont get the same resist pool from dragon armor. Dragon scale pieces can get up to 64 resists total with one imbued resist (just below agapite) while valorite can max at 67 resists for one imbued resist. Non imbued pieces cap 46 for DS at and 52 for val. I'll lose 18 resists from the pool crafting with DS forcing me to burn 2 additional imbuing slots and 120ish more points from the total intensity pool to make up the difference. But I'm tired, I could be wrong.
Oh yeah I wasn;t trying to say dragonscale is good. Just saying my results were better then what I was expecting. I would still not recommend anyone use dragonscale! I think if they raised the amount dropped and made it more in line with plate in terms of crafting exceptionally it might be more used.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure what you're taking away from that bit you quoted. You would raise your DCI cap in PVM so you could add more DCI and be hit less.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Non imbued pieces cap 46 for DS at and 52 for val. I'll lose 18 resists from the pool crafting with DS forcing me to burn 2 additional imbuing slots and 120ish more points from the total intensity pool to make up the difference.
Finally someone who knows how to make a suit.

Yeah they buffed dragonscale to the level of Dull Copper and Shadow Iron, two materials no one uses. Yay?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Misc Changes:
  • Hit lower defense now scales 55% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains at -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.
  • Ninjitsu Surprise Attack and Force Arrow special move now ignores over capped DCI."
For any of that to matter wouldn't the critter have to hit me with HLD? Maybe I've eaten too many bowls of coco crispies
but I don't know of any critters that hit hld....
No, you're right. I think only a few things can (changelings, stuff like that). I keep forgetting about the refinement changes ;P.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what you're taking away from that bit you quoted. You would raise your DCI cap in PVM so you could add more DCI and be hit less.
Was thinking too hard about HLD and forgot about refinements ;P. What I was looking at was how, in the odd case of a HLD PvM situation, having more than 45 DCI wouldn't matter.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Didn't realize there was an update, so I'll just retype my post in the old thread:
Can we get rid of the resistance of poison ticks for people who don't have poisoning? (human or non-human). I'm talking about when someone is already poisoned and they resist the tick when it comes, causing them to be cured. I don't mean for people with poisoning, I approve of people with the poisoning skill having a natural resistance to poison; but there's no reason someone without poisoning should be able to resist the ticks. This is something that normally wouldn't be a big deal, but just happens to be due to the complexity of mage dueling. Making poison ticks "un-resistable" to players who don't have poison is a change that I doubt will upset anyone, but will definitely make the community of mage duelers a lot happier. After all, it is only really relevant to the mage dueling community; and duelers prefer less to be left to chance. Thank You.
-P.S. Like this status if you'd like this change to be made.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made these arguments on the last thread, but I don't think everyone saw them, so I want to re-post and see what people think. Some of this text wall might be outdated, so you'll have to excuse me:
My thoughts on the direction the game is taking, and where I think it needs to go:
---1. Throwers need a nerf- Their speed, damage, and survability is just wayyy too overpowered. I like their support role of being good/quick dismounters, but not with the changes coming to Animal form. Which leads me to point 2.
---2. Animal Form- does NOT need to be nerfed. By nerfing Animal Form you are MAKING dismount overpowered. Animal Form can logically only be as overpowered as dismounting is; considering the only thing that Animal Form is, is a *reaction* to another ALREADY powerful move (the dismount). In other words, You can not logically say that Animal Form is more overpowered than the dismount, when the Animal Form is merely a *REACTIONARY RESPONSE* to the dismount... unless you think that there should be no counter for being dismounted; meaning it should be even more overpowered than it already is. Animal Form would not be necessary if dismounting wasn't so overpowered. Think about it, why else would people invest 80 skill points in Ninjitsu, just to save them from ONE ability (the dismount)?? Dismounting (*imo*) is definitely overpowered. Animal Form only *alleviates* the consequences of being dismounted. There's nothing overpowered about that. Once again, Please do NOT nerf Animal Form. It is *NOT* overpowered. As I said, " Animal form still has to wait for the remount timer, giving groups plenty of time to dump the person on foot. You also can't use any abilities while in animal form, and you can't even remount until you *UNDO* Animal Form. If someone has to invest 80 skill points just to run as fast as everyone else, *WITH* all of the limitations I just stated, it can hardly be considered overpowered. Besides, if you actually chase and follow someone while they're in animal form, you can disrupt them once they "un-form" and try to remount. It's not difficult, and it's definitely not overpowered." And that's all besides the fact that it is a *REACTIONARY RESPONSE* to ANOTHER ALREADY POWERFUL ability (dismount).
---3. Cleansing Winds Nerf- That's reasonable. It should still be useful, but with diminishing returns imo.
---4. Divine Fury Nerf- ...Seriously? lol
---5. Two Handed Weapon Buff- This is what I want to see. Don't Nerf one handed weapons, they're not overpowered. Two handed weapons are just underpowered. In doing this, you are not destroying anyone's templates/gear set up, but you are making one underpowered one more viable and also adding additional options for people to play the game in their own unique way. I think you need to take it one step further and give two handed weapons an extra imbuable property. Those who pvp will use it on Balanced, essentially making two handed weapons just as useful as one handed. In PvM they will use it on something else making two handed weapons significantly better. So instead of increasing the intensity cap to 600 on exceptionally crafted items, why not make it 550 and decrease the intensity cost of balanced to 50 instead of 100? Two handed weapons will be viable for pvp again, and for using one handed weapons in pve, the ability to use pots will be a small price to pay for 1 magical property and 50 intensity points.. You will also make it easier for archers in pvp, who unlike throwers have to use balanced, and you will also bring back the PVE Archer, a class long forgotten. And to keep Archery from being overpowered, you can always slightly nerf the damage of some of the weapons to equal the damage output of a thrower.
---6. Stamina Potion Nerf- This is perhaps somewhat needed, but not to such a high extent.. It's ridiculous that dexxers/throwers and the like have 100% stamina at all times, but that doesn't mean they should easily bottom out either. A mages only source of power comes from his/her mana and he/she constantly has to manage it. Dexxers and Throwers don't need mana to do a baseline damage. They can do that baseline damage while waiting for their mana to go up (unlike mages), where as a mage has to wait for mana, or expend their current mana at the cost of their long term mana. Dexxers/Throwers should have to learn to manage their stamina and resources a little better, and not just spam total refresh pots every time it drops a little bit. That said, it shouldn't be too difficult. They just shouldn't have 100% all the time, but the focus of the fight should not be keeping their stamina from bottoming out.
---7. HLD Buff/DCI Nerf- And Yes, it is a buff, because it's only a Nerf against people with less than 45 DCI. And Who in PvP Has less than 45 DCI? (No One). HLD Does not need a buff. It is already easy enough to hit mages with HLD as it is. I play both sides of the ball. It's fine as it is. If this is a way to keep dexxers/throwers happy because they're upset about the stamina nerfs, just reduce the stamina nerfs. If it's because throwers are upset because they don't have 50 hci anymore, well guess what? No one else does either. The point is, it's balanced as it is. If you nerf the stamina too hard, or nerf mages that stack dci too hard, you're just going to unbalance the game and make everyone unhappy. A lot of the people who complain about things like not hitting people enough, just either aren't good pvpers, have bad suits, or just like to complain a lot. Most people would agree that generally speaking, other than throwers, the game is pretty balanced as it is. It's just in these forums you don't get the opinion of the majority, you often get the opinions of the people most upset by something.// If you nerf DCI so that all DCI above 45 is useless, you are not only giving dexxers and archers a huge advantage and comparably nerfing the hell out of mages, but you are giving throwers more of a buff than any of the nerfs that you are implementing could possibly make up for. If hit chance was balanced in the old system (except in the case of throwers), why would you nerf DCI??
---8. You want to make armor other than Woodland and Leather Armor more viable, so you... Nerf them? And then give them a LMC bonus? Wtf?... this is completely senseless. And if this has anything to do with nerfing throwers, well newsflash, they'll just wear leather gear. If you want to make gear like platemail viable again you have to give it a slight bonus, like you did with woodland armor (2hpr, 5 HCI, 10 DI, etc). Although, Lower mana cost is NOT the way to go. Logically, it doesn't even make sense. And this whole new Armor Refinement Idea was a good idea, that turned stupid when you started adding consequences, like reduced resists and DCI. If you want to make the gear better, specifically with refinement, make refinement make an *actual* difference. Not a Benefit with an equal consequence. That's not going to make it as useful as woodland/leather gear. I for one am NOT going to craft anything other than Woodland and Leather with these changes, and I've made at least 25+ PvP/PvE suits since imbuing came out. *Get Rid* of the Lower Mana Cost, and make refinement better. Make refinement work where heavy armor like platemail gives slight max resist increases without a nerf to dci, or at the expense of other resists. Each piece of Woodland gear can have either 2 HPR, 5 HCI, or 10 Dmg Inc. If you made it where with refinement Each piece of refined platemail increases each resist on the piece by 1, and each of your maximum resists by 1, With a 6 piece suit people would be able to get 76/76/76/76/76. A balanced substitute for the 10 HPR, 25 Hit chance increase, or 50 dmg increase, they would otherwise get from Woodland Gear. Also, a lot of people aren't going to wear a platemail helm, because they'll wind up going with something like a mace and shield glasses, so really they'll only have 75/75/75/75/75 (cursed 75/65/65/65/65), although the option of that platehelm would be available. You can also include the option to, instead of raising the resists cap, you can go with a slight dci or hci bonus (which for dexxers/throwers dci doesn't come easy). Instead of each resist being raised by one, why not make where the dci and the dci cap, or the hci and hci cap are raised by 1 point. Then dexxers/throwers would be able to get their hci/dci cap up to 50-51 (5-6 piece set). This is sound, sensible, and people would love it. It would make people want to use this, and at the same time those people with woodland/leather armor wouldn't be angry that their gear is nerfed, or no longer up to par.
---9. Fix the Curse bug- sometimes I can't recurse people even after their current curse wears out. Curses should be allowed to be replaced without penalty. It is *NOT* overpowered, a mages damage output WITH it is still LESS than pretty much any other class, especially when you consider the possibility of being disrupted.
---10. I like the changes to the special moves. Especially moving shot. 25 base damage throws with a fireball and a hit velocity at the cost of 15 mana? 9 mana when you include 40 lmc? Ridiculous. Mages can't hit on the move, and with the stamina pot nerfs it's gonna be harder for dexxers too. A moving shot is often for the killing blow, and it should be a little bit more of an investment. As for all of the other changes, I think they're balancing, and making weaker moves more powerful allows for more versatility and options when deciding what weapons and specials to use.
---11. If you really want to make the game more interesting and balanced, why don't you just add a little to some of what's already there. Like everyone agrees that chivalry is kind of useless unless you have a 4/6 template. So how about capping chivalry at 2/6 like everything else, but adding a few spells like some of the other templates. For example, a chivalry spell that works like attunement, but instead of absorbing melee damage, it absorbs magical damage. Or a chivalry or a Spellweaving spell that works like a wall of stone. Call it a light prism or something. Or a chivalry spell that actually does some single target damage, like "smite" or something. Or a ninjitsu spell that causes the person to enter stealth, but creates an image that continues to run in the direction they were facing. Stuff like this would allow for more versatility amongst non-mages, and make something less used like chivalry a little more useful. And of course I'm not just referring to chivalry, you can actually make *new* spells for any spellbook. But new content like this would make the game more fun, keep people playing, and most likely bring some old players back. It can't be too difficult to do. I mean something like the chivalry spell to cast a wall would be the same coding as a wall of stone, except with different artwork.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
---2. Animal Form- does NOT need to be nerfed. By nerfing Animal Form you are MAKING dismount overpowered. Animal Form can logically only be as overpowered as dismounting is; considering the only thing that Animal Form is, is a *reaction* to another ALREADY powerful move (the dismount). In other words, You can not logically say that Animal Form is more overpowered than the dismount, when the Animal Form is merely a *REACTIONARY RESPONSE* to the dismount... unless you think that there should be no counter for being dismounted; meaning it should be even more overpowered than it already is. Animal Form would not be necessary if dismounting wasn't so overpowered. Think about it, why else would people invest 80 skill points in Ninjitsu, just to save them from ONE ability (the dismount)?? Dismounting (*imo*) is definitely overpowered. Animal Form only *alleviates* the consequences of being dismounted. There's nothing overpowered about that. Once again, Please do NOT nerf Animal Form. It is *NOT* overpowered. As I said, " Animal form still has to wait for the remount timer, giving groups plenty of time to dump the person on foot. You also can't use any abilities while in animal form, and you can't even remount until you *UNDO* Animal Form. If someone has to invest 80 skill points just to run as fast as everyone else, *WITH* all of the limitations I just stated, it can hardly be considered overpowered. Besides, if you actually chase and follow someone while they're in animal form, you can disrupt them once they "un-form" and try to remount. It's not difficult, and it's definitely not overpowered." And that's all besides the fact that it is a *REACTIONARY RESPONSE* to ANOTHER ALREADY POWERFUL ability (dismount).

---7. HLD Buff/DCI Nerf- And Yes, it is a buff, because it's only a Nerf against people with less than 45 DCI. And Who in PvP Has less than 45 DCI? (No One). HLD Does not need a buff. It is already easy enough to hit mages with HLD as it is. I play both sides of the ball. It's fine as it is.
These stood out.

I'm all for the animal form nerf and i have a ninja template. It's basically a get out of jail free card for anyone wanting to invest the points in it. Now it'll take some skill learning how to cast it and not be interrupted. I'll have to learn to adapt to it as will everyone else but it's really just like any other spell...learn the casting time and adapt to when to cast it. I haven't seen much testing with it and i haven't tested myself but you have to figure in if casting focus/protection might factor in.

HLD: Again i disagree. 70DCI is standard on any pvp mage and easily obtained. You have to look at the big picture that we have a feature that's pretty useless unless you're fighting someone without the money to obtain standard equipment. Factor in trying to fight a 70dci wrestle/parry mage and a dexxer MIGHT hit once every 6-7 swings. It's gotten to the point i refuse to even attempt to dexxer a parry mage.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhance, Imbue, Reforge, I mean give me a flipping break here. How many bloody crafting systems does one game need to improve upon existing items. I'm still confused about what reforging is. I think this game has officially given me a crafting headache.

And regardless of "now reforgable," there remains a huge discrepancy in how Dragon Armor functions as crafted. Yes, I saw the example with 19 Fire across many pieces of red Dragon Armor... I still have a headache. heh