• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 Notes

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see metal armor give bonus to enhancing like wood

Dull Copper - 75% lower requirements
3/0/1/1/0
Shadow- 5% Damage Increase(stackable)
4/1/2/0/0
Copper-2% energy eater (stackable)
1/1/2/0/4
Bronze-3% fire eater (stackable)
2/4/0/1/0
Gold-40 luck (stackable)
2/3/2/2/1
Agapite-5% enhance pots (stackable)
3/1/3/2/0
Verite-4% poison eater(stackable)
1/0/3/5/2
Valorite-5% reflect phys 5%dmg inc 1% damage eater(stackable)
4/1/3/3/4

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You people are way over thinking this Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
#1 It does not matter how much real LMC is on any piece or pieces. Real LMC is real LMC and trying to use it in examples is just confusing everyone, even youselves.
Normal and inherent LMC stack with one another and are subject to the same cap, and both need to be taken into consideration by anyone who wants to know how much LMC they actually need or why swapping out some 8 LMC gloves made their LMC go down by 10.

Sure you can figure it out by taking the difference in real LMC, completing that little five-step logic checklist you posted, then combining the two results every time you're considering putting on a different piece of armor. It's not an unsolvable math problem. It's just pointlessly overcomplex and I can guarantee that at least seven out of every ten random players won't be able to correctly recite how it works, six months after it goes live.

While it is no rocket science, it is plain obvious, that it is more complex than before. People would have to dig in and new players might be overwhelmed.

I really like this inherent LMC stuff and I think there is an easy solution to that:

Since there are just 6 slots, where you can put non-medable armor, why not scrap the 5-piece-rule?
Then a full plate would give 6% inherent LMC instead of 5%. And a full studded + bone helm or a full bone + studded gorget would give 18% LMC instead of 15%.Now this doesn't sound that imbalancing.
The thing is, who really cares? Everyone rolls with 40 LMC now, and everyone will still roll with 40 LMC if this goes through. This inherent LMC bonus won't reduce anyone's mana consumption, it'll just give them slack to imbue a smaller amount of normal LMC and invest the slack in... I dunno... stamina regen or something. So why not just give the different materials an imbuing cap bonus? It's literally the exact same thing.

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, who really cares? Everyone rolls with 40 LMC now, and everyone will still roll with 40 LMC if this goes through. This inherent LMC bonus won't reduce anyone's mana consumption, it'll just give them slack to imbue a smaller amount of normal LMC and invest the slack in... I dunno... stamina regen or something. So why not just give the different materials an imbuing cap bonus? It's literally the exact same thing.
I'm still hoping, that they change it, so the inherent bonus won't count towards the cap. That's the most useful approach...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Normal and inherent LMC stack with one another and are subject to the same cap, and both need to be taken into consideration by anyone who wants to know how much LMC they actually need or why swapping out some 8 LMC gloves made their LMC go down by 10.

Sure you can figure it out by taking the difference in real LMC, completing that little five-step logic checklist you posted, then combining the two results every time you're considering putting on a different piece of armor. It's not an unsolvable math problem. It's just pointlessly overcomplex and I can guarantee that at least seven out of every ten random players won't be able to correctly recite how it works, six months after it goes live.

:facepalm:You are the one making it complex.
  1. Yes we all know that there is a %40 LMC cap.
  2. Yes we understand that real and inherent LMC stack
  3. As an Smith/Tailor we understand that after making our suits (non-med) that we already have LMC on them with this change.
  4. As an Imbuer we understand that we will no longer have to imbue %40 LMC onto our suits because there is already inherent LMC on them.
  5. OMG This is so simple and I aint even a rocket scientest.
  6. We understand that you are going to come back a say well you know BLAH BLAH BLAH and if you BLAH BLAH BLAH.
  7. You are the one making such a simple thing complex.
  8. KISS And if you do not know what that means than look it up.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems MORE complex to me. I can't fathom how much difference there could possibly be in adding something to a loot table and adding to a crafting menu. On top of that they are adding in the pointless check to strip two handers of their parry bonus.
It's just an assumption.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You people are way over thinking this Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
#1 It does not matter how much real LMC is on any piece or pieces. Real LMC is real LMC and trying to use it in examples is just confusing everyone, even youselves.

Lets look at what is said in the patch notes and quit trying to add in other stuff. There is no other stuff to add in.

1. The system will look at how many +3 pieces you have and add them up till it hits 5 pieces.
  2. If and only if it has not hit 5 pieces yet
  3. The system will look at how many +1 pieces you have and it will add them up untill it hits the 5 pieces.
  4. The system will do this until it hits the 5 piece mark or runs out of Inherent Lower Mana Cost pieces to look at.
  5. You can have +15 max Inherent Lower Mana Cost which = %15 lmc bonus to a min of +0 Inherent Lower Mana Cost which = 0 % LMC bonus.
  6. Quit over thinking
Yeah this is how I thought it worked when I first looked at it. Then I read others peoples posts and went ok maybe I was wrong? I think you are right though and we were over thinking it. Of course they should still make sure that inherant lmc is actually shown on the item. Especially for newer players so they donlt equip some nonmed armor and suddenly wonder why they have lmc when there is no lmc shown on the pieces lol.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Splash damage would be neat, but I have a feeling really hard to implement, and probably as bothersome as hit area effects can sometimes be.
true, wouldn't be great at guardzone and would cause flag issues...but you have the option to use one handed or two handed weps and right now there is little reason to use two handed except to dismount counter. I'm just worried when people say, "oh, the obvious way to make two handed better is just to raise the base."

well, what I'm thinking is the game knows, supposedly, when you attack someone from the back, according to the assassin honed mod:

New Item Property: Assassin Honed (found on items in the treasure room) – A successful hit with a weapon will provide additional bonus damage based on the attacker facing the same direction as the target. The percentage of the damage is based on the weapons original swing speed. Ranged weapons have a 50% chance to proc.
if the game can handle that it should be able to handle the splash damage...a few ideas I've seen that I feel could work. they'd definitely have to be tested. I mean, the main question I'd have is how items would proc. like whirlwind is SUCH an amazing PvM/choke special since it procs on every target. at cavern, for example, it's better to use a mod for Hit Spell rather than Slayer because you can end up doing more DPS with Hit Spell than Slayer. I guess the problem, again, though, is why would anyone use a 2H for solo...

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You are the one making it complex.
Bahahaha!

Hey check this out. I'm wearing ringmail gloves with 8 LMC but I'm considering some studded gloves with 7 LMC. Which one will actually give me more LMC?

Current system: "Well 8 is more than 7, duh."

Proposed system: "List all your other pieces of armor. The system will look at how many +3 pieces you have and add them up till it hits 5 pieces. If and only if it has not hit 5 pieces yet, the system will look at how many +1 pieces you have and it will add them up until it hits the 5 pieces. The system will do this until it hits the 5 piece mark or runs out of Inherent Lower Mana Cost pieces to look at."

Tell me how I'm overthinking this when that second one is just your own words repeated back at you. LOL. Jesus Christ, just slap an imbuing bonus onto nonmed armor and spare me the "simple" five-point checklist.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it stupid? why would meddable armor need an lmc bonus?
If anything takes intensity from its base value it should maintain the base properties of its' foundation right? Hench making "mage armor" valued.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a plate piece with magical properties which takes intensity. If anything takes intensity from its base value it should maintain the base properties of it's foundation right? Hench making "mage armor" valued.
Ahh your talking about mage armor. NM I misunderstood thought you were just talking about regular leather armor or something.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused as to where balance has come into place. Heavy armor grants lower... mana.. cost? Not anything to do with its density and inability to meditate through it? Instead you need a craftier to do some dumb _ _ _ _ then you get some dumb _ _ _ _ cap and a lower dumb _ _ _ _ cap in return. That sentence just looks redundant to me. P O I N T L E S S.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ben·e·fi·cial

/ˌbenəˈfiSHəl/

Adjective
  1. Favorable or advantageous; resulting in good.
  2. Of or relating to rights, other than legal title.

Synonyms
salutary - profitable - advantageous - useful - wholesome

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything needs an outlier. LMC is not the way to achieve this with heavier armors.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bahahaha!

Hey check this out. I'm wearing ringmail gloves with 8 LMC but I'm considering some studded gloves with 7 LMC. Which one will actually give me more LMC?

Current system: "Well 8 is more than 7, duh."

Proposed system: "List all your other pieces of armor. The system will look at how many +3 pieces you have and add them up till it hits 5 pieces. If and only if it has not hit 5 pieces yet, the system will look at how many +1 pieces you have and it will add them up until it hits the 5 pieces. The system will do this until it hits the 5 piece mark or runs out of Inherent Lower Mana Cost pieces to look at."

Tell me how I'm overthinking this when that second one is just your own words repeated back at you. LOL. Jesus Christ, just slap an imbuing bonus onto nonmed armor and spare me the "simple" five-point checklist.
:facepalm: Try 10 is greater than 9. You figure it out

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does Mage Armor factor into your special bonuses? Does it negate them? Or is it actually beneficial to put/have mage armor on heavier pieces for meditation type characters?
You know since mage armor would be costing a property on the armor, (assuming crafting system brought in line with imbuing), than maybe it wouldnt need to be having a penalty associated other than a property slot.

Haven't thought to much on that bit. I dont mind mage armor reducing stamina loss protection to that of leather. A mage running around in full plate and 55 LMC but not having much mana regen or relying on focus for mana, could be an interesting thing to see. A mage with 55 LMC and full Med benefits, might be a bit too powerful though.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know since mage armor would be costing a property on the armor, (assuming crafting system brought in line with imbuing), than maybe it wouldnt need to be having a penalty associated other than a property slot.

Haven't thought to much on that bit. I dont mind mage armor reducing stamina loss protection to that of leather. A mage running around in full plate and 55 LMC but not having much mana regen or relying on focus for mana, could be an interesting thing to see. A mage with 55 LMC and full Med benefits, might be a bit too powerful though.
Only a bit?

Think about it: Each spell will cost a little under half what it should.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
:facepalm: Try 10 is greater than 9. You figure it out
Yeah the studded gloves would be worth 10 while the ringmail gloves would be worth 9 thanks to the inherent bonuses. Unless the rest of my suit was some combination of studded/hide/bone. Then I'd already be at five pieces with +3 inherent LMC bonuses, meaning I wouldn't get any for a sixth piece and the studded gloves would only be worth 7 LMC while the ringmail ones would be worth 8.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
And if we're gonna get people to wear plate again, can someone make plate gorgets actually show up on the character?

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
EC or CC. Mine shows on the CC
Can you snap a screeny? Because I ran and tested to make sure this wasn't fixed when I wasn't looking, and they still don't show as far as I can tell. It's really annoying too, since anything uncovered on a sampire is really white and obvious. I wear a plate suit but use a studded gorget just because of this.

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
question for all of dexers out there, and the devs...

most of us wear a gladiators collar because of the HCI

it has mage armor on it, and is a artifact

but it is plate, does this count for or against warriors wearing plate?

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Far as I know it counts as leather now. No stamina damage reduction, no inherent LMC. There's a whole laundry list of dexer artifacts that are nerfed now.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Far as I know it counts as leather now. No stamina damage reduction, no inherent LMC. There's a whole laundry list of dexer artifacts that are nerfed now.
Oh, just lovely.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well technically they're not being nerfed, they just aren't getting changed like everything else. They're still ******* stepchildren in a post-publish world where "MED = MAGES, NONMED = DEXERS" but I guess psychologically you're supposed to feel better about it this way. Exceptional crafted samurai plate is in the crapper too since it's mage armor by default.

Stuff like this is why I wish they'd just wake up and get rid of the med/nonmed distinction entirely. Half the dexer gear in the game is medable because up until now medability has only been a good thing.

But you know, this is UO. They'll put in some means of removing Mage Armor from an item, but it'll be some kludgy bass-ackwards method that nobody in their right mind would have asked for.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!!!

OK, that's weird.....I could swear that my John character's Gladiator's Collar shows up on the game screen.....Wow.

I guess I'll have to check later.

I do know that the EC does a weird thing with gorgets, making them all look about necklace size on the paper doll. (I haven't tested mempos.)

-Galen's player

Can you snap a screeny? Because I ran and tested to make sure this wasn't fixed when I wasn't looking, and they still don't show as far as I can tell. It's really annoying too, since anything uncovered on a sampire is really white and obvious. I wear a plate suit but use a studded gorget just because of this.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you not read the Pub Notes (OP) or this entire thread? SAD esp for a UO Moderator not to do so. Here let me explain.
THEY NERFED THE NERF
or
UNDID THE NERF
or
THEY LISTENED TO THE PLAYERBASE AND TOOK IT OUT
WOW

Impressive, you can type in CAPS & in Red & Black , especially for us Old Guys over 55, it helps us out reading a lot of the junk ;). As I stated, many of us don't play this game on a daily basis, or for any extended length of time any more because of all the nerf's that have effected game play over the last cpl of yr's, & I don't spend hours on end reading most of the post here (most are PVP related & I don't have an interest in it at all), because most to me are useless. As for being a Mod, I look after napa's board, where does it say I MUST read every post written here..... So Sad it doesn't :sad3:
If they listened to the player base it's about time they do. There are a few players here that could actually help the game out with constructive changes, instead of changing things that have been in place for years as it seems to be the norm lately. Lady M seems to have a good insight into the game & most of it's mechanics, while some others seem not to have a clue at all with proposes I have seen.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't bothered to post in this thread as I have attempted to let it cool. For the change to refresh is the speculation that they are going to work like a greater cure with a range of refresh?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Impressive, you can type in CAPS & in Red & Black , especially for us Old Guys over 55, it helps us out reading a lot of the junk ;). As I stated, many of us don't play this game on a daily basis, or for any extended length of time any more because of all the nerf's that have effected game play over the last cpl of yr's, & I don't spend hours on end reading most of the post here (most are PVP related & I don't have an interest in it at all), because most to me are useless. As for being a Mod, I look after napa's board, where does it say I MUST read every post written here..... So Sad it doesn't :sad3:
If they listened to the player base it's about time they do. There are a few players here that could actually help the game out with constructive changes, instead of changing things that have been in place for years as it seems to be the norm lately. Lady M seems to have a good insight into the game & most of it's mechanics, while some others seem not to have a clue at all with proposes I have seen.
:facepalm:This Pub IS NOT about PvP it is about UO (PvPers and PvMers).

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only a bit?

Think about it: Each spell will cost a little under half what it should.

-Galen's player

Now mage duels are more about small spells and timing. Because the majority of spells are harm, lightning, nox, and mini heal it is hard to run out of mana with 40% LMC, 55% LMC wouldn't be that much of a game changer in dules. Now in grinder fights it could have a big impact, but then again it might not since med would not work.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some thoughts and ideas

Category 1 - Metal Armor
  • All metal armor has +X amount of LMC cap increase per peace*
  • Each material type offers resist bonus in its current category
  • Highest level of stamina protection if using 4 or more peaces of metal armor**
  • Equal stamina protection across the board for all type of metal armor
  • Not medable (can be imbued with mage armor property)
  • No imbuing cap increase
This will make chain, ring, plate etc. amor simply a skin choice.

* An optional idea - Divide the ingots into 4 categories and use the "enhance" tool to include +X amount LMC cap increase, +X amount HP cap increase, +X amount Dex cap increase and +X amount Intel cap increase. Dex cap increase might make two handed weapons come into range?

Category 2 - Wood and Bone armor
  • Wood and Bone can be enhanced with a 6th property value
  • Medium level of stamina protection if using 4 or more peaces of bone/wood armor**
  • Equal stamina protection across both armor types
  • Not medable (can be imbued with mage armor property)
Give Bone a specific benefit that can be enhanced on to it, maybe reflect damage or eater? reverse splinter? Reverse splinter might be to over powered.

Category 3 - Leather Armor
  • All leather armor is medable
  • Current publish 80 level of stamina protection
  • Equal stamina protection across all leather armor types

Category 4 - Clothing
(if i want to dress up like John Denver and be a bard let me)
  • All cloth mendable
  • Each peace crafted with BoD cloth has random resist (arms lore applies)
  • BoD reward cloth can be imbued to 17 resist per category
  • Current publish 80 level of stamina protection
  • Equal stamina protection across all clothing types
  • Current imbuing caps apply
  • Clothing blessed deeds can be used (clothing blessed deeds sold in online store in 5 packs for 2$)
  • Can be dyed
Cloth would be obtained via BoD reward system. Current colored cloth reward or could be renamed/replaced with "magical cloth"?

**Suits with less then 4 peaces of armor from the same category will have no stamina protection bonus and use the base stamina protection equal to leather/cloth

Reflect Damage update -
Reflect damage should reflect all types of damage including Margery damage.

New Players -
Generally in games you find "usable" armor on the monsters you kill as you level. Currently newbies enter Heaven or other location killing random stuff. As they enter low level dungeons they are not finding armor that is geared to compete/complete the very dungeon they are in. Without a luck suit I'm under the impression no one even looks at the armor in the loot accept newbie or players in need. New and current players should be able to find great armor (300-400 property value) to be sustainable on the shard they have chosen. When new players build up a bank roll they can purchase imbued armor from players to get "specific" tailored armor for themselves.

Closing -
New players need armor and on a slow shard finding an imbuer could be tricky. I'm under the impression the Luck property has something to do with this. Personally.... luck could be revisited/revised so new players have a better opportunity. I realize I listed enhancing options as a 6th property but I'm really not a fan of increasing the "imbuing" property value. As it is the 400+ property value crafted items are so powerful they have pretty much put an end to most Artifacts. Don't get me wrong there are great artifacts... left.

Spell Breaker

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Probably need to have something that can remove the mage armor property, like the whetstone with damage inc

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably need to have something that can remove the mage armor property, like the whetstone with damage inc
Well, before the Mage armor mod was beneficial & now that its (perhaps) not you'd like the ability to remove it? Actually ....sure I'm game too bc it would just give us more room to customize temps, but I won't hold my breath.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see metal armor give bonus to enhancing like wood

Dull Copper - 75% lower requirements
3/0/1/1/0
Shadow- 5% Damage Increase(stackable)
4/1/2/0/0
Copper-2% energy eater (stackable)
1/1/2/0/4
Bronze-3% fire eater (stackable)
2/4/0/1/0
Gold-40 luck (stackable)
2/3/2/2/1
Agapite-5% enhance pots (stackable)
3/1/3/2/0
Verite-4% poison eater(stackable)
1/0/3/5/2
Valorite-5% reflect phys 5%dmg inc 1% damage eater(stackable)
4/1/3/3/4
I like where you are going with this idea. However, I would rather see other properties on the metals than Damage Eaters. Damage Eaters should be reserved for the dragon scale armor (and bump it from 3% to 5%). Other properties on armor, from metal type, could include DCI, Stamina Regen, HPR, HCI, Lower Weight, Durability, Stat Bonus, or SSI.

I like how wood has different properties for weapons, armor, and shields. I would like the metals to have something similar (but not identical, so we have more variety).

See here for reference: http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/material-bonuses

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't bothered to post in this thread as I have attempted to let it cool. For the change to refresh is the speculation that they are going to work like a greater cure with a range of refresh?
That is the way I interpret it to be. Though, it may just be a high static number of stamina gained. We will not know for sure until the TC is updated (or it is clarified by the team).

Stayin Alive,

BG

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So they should all run around in 18 HPR/18 MR 75 DCI -20 Mage weapon 30 SDI suits!

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ugh, those whetstones that make weapons do *less* damage are so kludgy and illogical. That they exist and are highly useful and desirable is all the proof one needs that the UO item system is bloated beyond control.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not certain my healing spreadsheet is right...
You have to account for SW delays (like gift of renewal) and SS skill delays, also how bandage healing is the only healing that will most likely not get interrupted and does not require you to unequip a hand, hehe. But most of it is there.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet over time, all of these balancing factors have been removed, they no longer have all the disadvantages, while still retaining the huge advantage of ranged.
Yep. And now they raised the DPS of pretty much every bow, lol. Sigh...

Zoeydamnies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Weapons first:

1) reduce range of magical shortbow to 8
2) reduce range of yumi to 9
3) two handed weapons should NOT get the parry nerf w/Balance
4) two-handed weapons still need a damage boost, see #1 below

Armor:
1) Refinement bonuses should be ignored by two handed weapons (not bows) see #4 above
2) I have a hard time with metal armor giving energy resist and leather giving physical, so maybe there could be a limitation based on armor type

Also, there were some other good ideas in this thread regarding the two-handed weapons.

Otherwise, I like to do a pirate ship every now and again.

ZO

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just remember once again, Archers while yes they are ranged, can NOT disarm, they have to stop to shoot most of the time or use a lot of mana, they have limited resources unlike any other class, there are no 100% resource reduction quivers, they are missing at least 5 mods others get on shields, They can NOT use any other weapons despite UBWS things.... because archery is a unique class.... UBWS swords and such don't work with archery....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course they are, when it comes to sorting which five pieces count toward the inherent bonus. I've never tried to claim otherwise. But imbued LMC is still going to be on every serious suit, and this is going to make it way more complicated to figure out how much of it you need.
Assuming the innate 1% LMC on Plate doesn't go above the cap and stacks with imbued LMC, i'll just imbue 7% LMC onto 5 pieces of Platemail, and the extra 5% innate will bring me to 40% LMC, all without having to use a single Essence of Order, lol. I'll just do the same to Leather Armor too, imbue 5% LMC onto 5 pieces for 25% LMC, and the extra 15% innate LMC will take me to 40%. Really no need for Essence of Order then.

Just remember once again, Archers while yes they are ranged, can NOT disarm, they have to stop to shoot most of the time or use a lot of mana, they have limited resources unlike any other class, there are no 100% resource reduction quivers, they are missing at least 5 mods others get on shields, They can NOT use any other weapons despite UBWS things.... because archery is a unique class.... UBWS swords and such don't work with archery....
Yet Archers (Along with Throwers) are by far the most common "Dexxer" in the game at this point. Archers/Throwers dominate "Dexxer" PvP, they dominate EM Events, and the only thing melee "Dexxers" dominate, is Peerlesses with a Sampire/Whammy (Although i have seen some very effective Thrower Whammies).
Archers don't have Disarm for a good reason. When a melee "Dexxer" disarms someone, the other person can play "keep away" until they can re-arm as a defense. If an Archer could Disarm someone, they'd just start spamming Moving Shot and there'd be no defense against it. Hell, i've seen people who have Fencing along with Archery specifically so they can Disarm with a War Fork, then switch to a bow and run the person down with Moving Shot spam.
Moving Shot doesn't cost alot of Mana, even with them increasing it in Pub 81. Moving Shot currently costs 15 Mana before Special Discount or LMC. It's going up to 20 in Pub 81. With 40% LMC, that drops to 9 Mana (Current) or 12 Mana (Pub 81). With Special Discount, it costs 5 Mana (Current) or 10 Mana (Pub 81). With both Special Discount and 40% LMC, that's 3 Mana (Current) or 6 Mana (Pub 81). Mana Costs double if chaining Specials within 3 secs of each other. Due to Imbuing, almost all "Dexxers" have 40% LMC, 10+ MR and 100+ Mana. How many Moving Shots do you think they can spam before running out of Mana?
The "Limited Resources" thing is kind of bogus now, with Quivers being Insurable/Blessed, and reducing the weight of ammo by up to 30%. If your stock of arrows ever manages to run low, just start up the champ spawn in Twisted Weald, get it to Stage 2, and rake in the arrows by killing and looting the Centaurs. An hour of doing that will get you enough Arrows to last a very long time. Need Crossbow Bolts? Kill Meer Captains.
Archers get higher caps for HCI/DCI on their weps, and they can get Balanced put on it as well, allowing them to chug. Not to mention you can imbue double Hit on them, with Hit X + Hit Velocity.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is the reason two-handed weapons (Melee) still won't be used in pvp... pvm, most mobs have about the same or More resistances than players can get due to caps. so this is another reason ,unless the weapon has Armor Ignore OR Whirlwind, they won't be used either.

Heavy Cross Bow (currently the highest base dmg weapon 20-24) with 150 str, 120 Tactics, 120 Anatomy, +100% Damage increase from items.... I also threw in 100 lumberjacking (+30% flat bonus, not even counting the 10% proc of an additional +70% for 100% increased damage.)

your status bar would say your damage would be 85 - 102 (this is with the highest possible damage currently in-game)
This is not even obtain-able, because there are no weapons with a base damage of 20-24 that gain the benefit of Lumberjacking.

Your damage = 85-102 -
vs. 70/70/70/70/70
You will deal 25 - 31 per hit to your target.
A weapon that does 100% elemental damage, and your target is cursed... (70/65/65/65/65)
you would do 29 - 39.

Might as well use a 2-3s one-handed weapon that can reach 35 damage AIs.
Let's not forget, there's also Quivers (Like the Quiver of Infinity) that give +10% Damage Modifier to Bows/X-Bows, further increasing the damage of Archery by 10%, after all the other calculations are made. So that 25-31 hit on all 70's becomes 27.5 - 34.1. That 29-39 on Cursed target becomes 31.9 - 42.9. Tack on 40% Reforged SSI with +10% Enhanced SSI for a total of 50% SSI, and even the Heavy Crossbow can fire at a decent speed, combine high Stam with that, and it get's pretty ridiculous. Add on Hit Lightning+Hit Velocity, and even the auto attacks (or Moving Shots) hit ridiculously hard.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
MalagAste roleplays an elven archer and nakedly campaigns for her pet race and template moreso than anyone else on this forum. A little while ago I watched her talk about how elves are so weak and need buffs because humans have the awesome ability to cast 0-skill spells at a 50% fizzle rate thanks to JOAT.