• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder...........

when you party someone you get a blue marker dot on the ingame map, can you add guildies with coloured markers?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the latest addition of the new version:

Few more buff/debuff icons:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe thanks :p

Now if I finish the math work to obtain the formulas for the monsters debuff I can finish the buff/debuff system with all the missing icons ;)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco

can you show me a way to save my waypoints

sadly with every update i lose them

thats up to 100 MiB locations and of course the full tmap locations!!!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data
backup the file waypoints.xml

J

Jonathan Baron

in my documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data
backup the file waypoints.xml
Ah! Thank you....had scouted several chest spots for a group in my guild and wondered where those waypoints had gone....fortunately I'd also marked runes....works on land ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here we go with another update of the work.

Here is the list of the buffs:

- Veterinary: DONE

- Skill delay: DONE

- Curse weapon: DONE

- Wraith Form: DONE

- Vampiric Embrace: DONE

- Lich Form: DONE

- Horrific Beast: DONE

- Evasion: DONE

- Confidence: DONE

- Counter Attack: DONE

- Reaper Form: DONE

- Enchanted Weapon: can't be done

- Immolating Weapon: can't be done

- the victim of Enemy of One: can't be done

- Rune Beetle armor corrode debuff (Armor Corruption) : DONE

- Hiryu Physical Defense Debuff (Gasping Claw): DONE

- the rage effect of certain monsters (Tear): DONE

- the dread horn ability : DONE

- the grizzle cacophonic scream : DONE

- melisande's puke : DONE

- slasher/stygian dragon panic : DONE

- slasher howl that makes the wall to fall : DONE

- medusa's stone : DONE

- web paralyze of navrey/mephitis: DONE

- entangle of tangling roots: DONE

- dryad beauty: can't be done

- rotworm blood disease: DONE

- Grapes of Wrath: DONE

And here is a preview of the buff/debuff new icons:

If you have something to say about the buff/debuff, this is the moment to speak....

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I seem to say this a lot in this thread... Unbelievable... Looks very good. And poor Dermott.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually "poor Dermott" just took a real life vacation, has got a LOT of things back in order and should be ready to start tackling thing again. Granted RL work is still crazy, but at least the extra stuff (getting work done to be ready for vacation, and several last minute emergencies at the house) is out of the way so a few evenings this week and into this weekend I should be ready to go.

The buff icons are not an issue as they don't have to be re-imaged like the UI icons, the rest will be simply to update the textures and texture calls themselves and get everything posted. I even have a few ideas for tweaks to both UIs in order to fit the various newer elements and buttons better.

I also plan on doing a re-tweak of Copper to make sure that the hues are all consistent.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good to know Dermott.

Also I'll probably be switching to EC full time around Thursday. I already use it for the most part, but I'm getting a new monitor and I doubt I'll be able to deal with the massive amount of black space in the classic client anymore.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank's for your hard work Pinco!

I use it toghether with the Copper-Enhanced. What I noticed with your latest update and the new versions of Diablo healthbar:

The personal-healthbar disappears, i.e. does not change into the smal thing you mentioned?

Central text (Low health, Gorgon lens gone etc.) won't show anymore even if I run in just your UI with no copper enhanced textures....is there a toggle somewhere? I checked in the setting and hiting "TEST Center text" wont do anything for me...

At last I do have a general question: Is it possible to show the item properties of an item you pull into a hotbarslot? this would let me check the durability of my key armor components without opening the paperdoll....?

Tx again for your wonderful work!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank's for your hard work Pinco!

I use it toghether with the Copper-Enhanced. What I noticed with your latest update and the new versions of Diablo healthbar:

The personal-healthbar disappears, i.e. does not change into the smal thing you mentioned?
that's the diablo bar, life on one corner, mana in another e stamina in the middle, if you need to see the values in 1 place disable it because is not for you :D

Central text (Low health, Gorgon lens gone etc.) won't show anymore even if I run in just your UI with no copper enhanced textures....is there a toggle somewhere? I checked in the setting and hiting "TEST Center text" wont do anything for me...
It's just a bug not a feature, already posted and already fixed in the next version...

At last I do have a general question: Is it possible to show the item properties of an item you pull into a hotbarslot? this would let me check the durability of my key armor components without opening the paperdoll....?

Tx again for your wonderful work!
that's managed by the client itself so if it doesn't do that, it can't be done (at least until I find a way to :p )

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont get me wrong I am a big fan of the diablo health bar :) was just a bit confused that I had kind of lost clicking on myself, without actually klicking on my avatar to get insurance, loyality and mark quest items etc. ....but i found the switch to enable klicking on your avatar again :) does the trick for me.....:), although right-clicking on one of the diablo-glasses to bring up that feature would really make my day :)

armor status would be really wonderful in a hotbar-slot toghether with dress-undress buttons and macros one could get rid of the paperdoll completly....

Can't wait for the next copper-enhanced upgrade, I just simply LOVE that skin...

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The buff/debuff icons look cool. I hope I can see them clearly on my screen and I hope there is a tool tip if hovering over them (for info).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The buff/debuff icons look cool. I hope I can see them clearly on my screen and I hope there is a tool tip if hovering over them (for info).
yes, tooltip with all the data about the effect :p

especially for reaper form and evasion in order to know the exact bonus effect ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:

- Added the Night Terror to the creatures DB.
- Now from User Settings -> Pinco's UI you can customize the spell for each button of the healthbars.
- Every button of the healthbars has now 3 spells associated, use the right click on the button to switch through a context menu.
- The checkboxes in the user settings now can be checked also by clicking the text.
- Now if an item is dropped into your backpack because you have no more the required strength, the message will be repeated over your head instead of journal only.
- Now you cannot anymore close the paperdoll by right-clicking a slot with an item (still works for empty slots).
- Fixed a bug with the diablo healthbar that sometimes move the danger bar when you apply new settings in the settings window.
- Fixed a bug with the loot sorting system that do not recognize the interred grizzle keys.
- Added the tag with the true name for Irk, Spite, Guile and Travesty (like for the changelings).
- Fixed a bug in the crystal portal that not shows the correct destination on characters without magery.
- Fixed a bug with certain center text screen that do not looks to appears.
- Improved the curse weapon casting algorithm, now the buff will appear only when the spell is really casted.
- Added the necromancy form's buff.
- Added reaper form buff.
- Fixed a bug with the clock wipe effect on the hotbars that don't get the proper scale.
- Disabled the Low HP warning when you are dead.
- Fixed the veterinary buff that sometimes overwrite the healing buff.
- Added the Grapes of Wrath buff.
- Added the bushido stance's buff:
	* Evasion: the tooltip shows the parry bonus
	* Confidence
	* Counter Attack
- Added debuff for the following monsters abilities:
	* Armor Corruption (rune beetle)
	* Gasping Claw (hiryu)
	* Tear (rage attack of many monsters)
	* Entangled (tangling roots)
	* Blood Disease (rotworms)
	* Fear (stygian dragon/slasher of veils)
	* Falling Walls (slasher of veils)
	* Trapped in a Web (mephitis/navrey)
	* Petrified (medusa)
	* Wave of Hopeless (dread horn)
	* Cacophonic Sound (monstrous interred grizzle)
	* Putrid Nausea (lady melisande)
- Added a button on the bottom left of the paperdoll gold label to be used in case the current form buff is wrong or missing in order to change it manually.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love you and all the work you put into your UI, Pinco.

Bushido icons are working great. I had to manually select Vampiric Embrace to show up, I would guess because my character was in the form on logging in after you added the feature. No big deal. Logging out and back in, the icon stays on my buff bar.

Have not had the chance to test out Curse Weapon or the various debuffs, but what I have tried is fantastic.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love you and all the work you put into your UI, Pinco.

Bushido icons are working great. I had to manually select Vampiric Embrace to show up, I would guess because my character was in the form on logging in after you added the feature. No big deal. Logging out and back in, the icon stays on my buff bar.

Have not had the chance to test out Curse Weapon or the various debuffs, but what I have tried is fantastic.

yes, the form is not detected automatically, I can only read the message while casting... that's why I put the button to set it manually :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.8a

- Fixed a bug that prevents to target the boat wheel.
- Fixed a bug that made unusable the drop into container while the container is a pet.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.8a

- Fixed a bug that prevents to target the boat wheel.
- Fixed a bug that made unusable the drop into container while the container is a pet.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember to download the new patcher :p

The new patcher version will merge the waypoints instead of totally replace the file, so you don't have to backup the file everytime by losing the new waypoints ;)

pumpkin_escobar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Remember to download the new patcher :p

The new patcher version will merge the waypoints instead of totally replace the file, so you don't have to backup the file everytime by losing the new waypoints ;)
Thanks for all your hard work Pinco, I just started using your UI and its amazing!

I'm never going back to 2d now!

O

Old Man of UO

Pinco,

I have two requests for rune books:

1) Option to lock to rune book to prevent dropping a rune and to prevent changing the default rune. I am always doing this accidentally, especially changing the default rune when I really meant to cast Sacred Journey.

2) Some way to sort the order of runes in the book. I have no idea if this can be done, but when I get a rune book just right, I accidentally drop a rune out of the book.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't suppose there's a way to show the number of charges left on an instrument?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco,

I have two requests for rune books:

1) Option to lock to rune book to prevent dropping a rune and to prevent changing the default rune. I am always doing this accidentally, especially changing the default rune when I really meant to cast Sacred Journey.

2) Some way to sort the order of runes in the book. I have no idea if this can be done, but when I get a rune book just right, I accidentally drop a rune out of the book.

1) how can you miss the sacred journey button? o_O
The drop rune/set default is in the left page, the sacred journey button is on the right page at miles of distance :D

2) can't be done, the rune list is generated server side and you can't send it back modified :p

Edit: I got why you miss sacred journe, the labels of drop rune and set default were a bit too long :D

I don't suppose there's a way to show the number of charges left on an instrument?
actually I'm focused on how to solve this problem (the fact that you can't see the item properties of an item drop in the hotbar), but the few solutions I've found ware a failure :(

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey pinco i got an issue with your otherwise nice scaling feature.

somehow my hotbars got different "steps" in the scaling, and cannot make em identical scale anymore. (see image)

bar bottom right is intentially alot smaller, but i cannot make any identical in scaling.

PS: i didnt read the entire thread, so there might be a solution somewhere in it.. but its really really long...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey pinco i got an issue with your otherwise nice scaling feature.

somehow my hotbars got different "steps" in the scaling, and cannot make em identical scale anymore. (see image)

bar bottom right is intentially alot smaller, but i cannot make any identical in scaling.

PS: i didnt read the entire thread, so there might be a solution somewhere in it.. but its really really long...
try to change the windows mouse wheel settings in order to scroll less lines...

or just remake the hotbar since it has only 5 icons :D

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try to change the windows mouse wheel settings in order to scroll less lines...

or just remake the hotbar since it has only 5 icons :D
it is every hotbar...

but i will try to make it scroll less lines.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just an update... I have uninstalled the old version of Pinco's and have updated to the latest version (at least as of the time I post this for what that's worth :p ) and have started porting in the Copper textures starting from scratch a piece at a time. Not sure how long this is going to take, so give me at least the weekend before expecting anything.

Also going to tweak a few things in the process to make sure it all works together.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tx Dermott......looking forward to it :) Yipee!

@Pinco: What you have done with blood-oath and mind-rot in the diablo bars is simply amazing.....had me stunned for a few seconds and almost died because i couldn't stop looking :).....very cool :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Just an update... I have uninstalled the old version of Pinco's and have updated to the latest version (at least as of the time I post this for what that's worth :p ) and have started porting in the Copper textures starting from scratch a piece at a time. Not sure how long this is going to take, so give me at least the weekend before expecting anything.

Also going to tweak a few things in the process to make sure it all works together.
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

This is me and my fellow hermaphrodites cheering you on (it's a guild joke, sorry :) ). I miss my Third Dawn textures.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second that!

I'm starting to get used to Vanilla Pinco's but I still prefer the more subdued colours of your skins.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a little spoiler:

next version will have a new feature named "Mini Texture Pack" that will allow to switch the icons background and the paperdoll golden label with different styles and all without change the main Ui files.
As secondary effect this feature should reduce the time needed to update a texture pack, since the icons should not require updates ;)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a quick preview of the status bar revamp. Changed the highlights of the textures from just the flat circle and the classic edging around the bars to match the greyish portions of the UI better.

Edit: One more preview... the copperized Pinco dragons:

Also adding a small bug report: Scaling the Status Window causes the DANGER addition to move to the top left of the status window overlapping the 3 spell buttons. Reloading the UI fixes this.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a quick preview of the status bar revamp. Changed the highlights of the textures from just the flat circle and the classic edging around the bars to match the greyish portions of the UI better.

Edit: One more preview... the copperized Pinco dragons:

Also adding a small bug report: Scaling the Status Window causes the DANGER addition to move to the top left of the status window overlapping the 3 spell buttons. Reloading the UI fixes this.
Looks good :D

no bug reports here, sorry.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Quick Copper update: Icons are all updated, and Textures are done including a bit of a change to the paperdoll window which will make it a bit more like the status window in terms of "copperization". I expec ted the paperdoll to be a LOT harder than it ended up being thanks to finding a quick shortcut to get what I wanted to do done.

Gonna make a run through the Mods for any texture/xml work, then the Source code to tweak some texture placements and then it should be ready.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
really need to merge this thread and create a new one

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, it's better to wait the next version before to make a new thread since I have few more spoilers to do...
with a bit of luck and the right program (if I ever find one) I'm gonna make a trailer of EC/Pinco's UI.

But first I have to finish the next version :D

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Down to just the Source folder, and it doesn't look like there's a whole lot left there to do.

Mainly just a few placement items, the color of the title font and that's about it.

For the sake of ease and updateability in the future, I believe I'm going to retain the "default" version of the mobile health bars and retain the Copper version for the Target Window only. It's a small annoyance to me visually, but it's a pain to try and get it to work every time. If I can simply port over the earlier MHB.xml file and have it work, I'll do that, otherwise, expect to see the default versions.

Edit: Pinco's Alternating Color grid view looks sweet in Copper... it's not really an option for Third Dawn, but I think Copper fans will find it useful.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok will wait just want to archive it before a thousand just post or pm me when you are ready

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doing some last minute testing of the Copper Texture pack and will be uploading it to Pinco's site for approval tonight!

Then on to Third Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.