• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Fest-Chessy, Jan 28,29,30th

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This fest will mainly be to get all the 2010 Christmas items together at one place for everyone. My hope will be to have people bring rares as well and make it an unofficial rares fest. This will be Hosted by the Ethereal Void Imperium in the Village of Merxmere. Chessy Shard on January 28th,29th & 30th. Lord Gareth, Demon Slayer, Sundina, Gunga and myself will be running the show so if you have any questions feel free to contact one of us. The Silent auction will be run by Demon Slayer who ran the last one on Chessy that went down flawlessly. Gate will be provided from Luna to the docks as well for fest from EM.

If you are interested in placing a vendor please post in this thread. We can make this a really nice event if we can get enough to attend.

One last note please do not post negative comments on this thread. Anyone can host whatever they want in this game, all it takes is the initiative . This is THE UNOFFICIAL RARES FEST =).

Also if you can post some stuff you will be bringing to auction off and vendor stock as well that would be great. I will be providing a transfer thread link here soon. Thxs my icq is 459-176-283

Vendors
1. shulginist
2. Lord Nabin
3. Radugast
4. Funtony
5. Lord Gareth
6. Demonous
7. Gunga_Din
8. Restroom Cowboy
9. Diablo
10. Manticore
11. BigEv
12. Dani/Alina
13. Traveler
14. Curran
15. bandw
16. Neptune
17. Jinx
18. BlissMarie
19. Laina
20. Angel Dust
21. Apetul
22. Suzzy
23. A Mad Man
24. ultimakong
25. Goodmann
26. WootSauce
27. chargar42
28. Lykor
29. SevenDF
30. Restless
31. panoramix2009
32. Luna [MoD]
33. Nistra
34. TheMac
35. Nine Dark Moons
36. FlowerSun77
36. Athelas
37. Nightly Spirit
38. Lillu
39. RaistlinNowhere
40. shushu
41. Tom_Builder
42. yanaki2
43. lupushor
44. Droopy Crystal
45. Queen Arya
46. blue amber
47. TheGrimReefer
48. Ken of Napa
49. Doc
50. Nez
51. Marvin
52. Graywand
53. Big Smoke
54. Fraggles
55. Zelda of Zed

S

shulginist

Re: Mini Rares Fest-Chessy, Jan 28,29,30th

Yay can't wait! Thanks :hug: Would love a vendor.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Thanks For all the INITIATIVE. I will take a Vendor.

This should be Fun.

Hey I need about a dozen containers with Lanterns stuck in them Everyone please bring them so I can buya few.!

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Great idea! I would love to get most, if not all, of the "Elf Bob" Goodies. :bowdown: Elf Bob was a little harder to find this year vs. the 'Winter Stag' last year.

I will also bring some goodies to sell, as well as love to enter a couple of items in the 'Silent Auction', so I would love to get a Vender please. :scholar:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

I guess I best start customizing the vendor house plots. Should I reserve myself a vendor as well? If so then I want a vendor hehe

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

vendor please

G

Gunga_Din

Do I still get a vendor? :)

Unofficial my ass !!! This is "THE" Rares Fest !!

*Comes out of retirement one last time* *Feels like Brett Favre*

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Silent Auction - Hosted by Moria Village in Kijustsu Anei Village
(Contact Demon Slayer and Sundina)

Rares Fest Guard Militia - Royal Britannia Guard Volunteer Unit
(Contact Delta Butch) *Player run , not EM*

Vendor Malls - Merxmere Village
(Contact Wildstar, Mirt, Tiger Lily, Bambam and Gareth)

Teleport Hub - Provided by the Chesapeake Community Teleport Hub
(Contact Gareth)

Mini Event #1 - Hosted by Guardians Gate
(Contact Daria Blackmoore)

Mini Event #2 - Hosted by The Baja Roleplayers Alliance
(Contact WildStar)

Mini Event #3 - SHE Auction Hosted by SHE/Zedland City
(Contact Zelda of Zed and Rivi Ravenwynd)

Mini Event #4 - Open

Mini Event #5 - Open

Lotto / Daily Giveaway - Pure White "Frosted Bow" [EM Item]
*Donated by The City of Kijustsu Anei Village*

Lotto / Daily Giveaway - ???? and Poisoned Easter Carrot
*Donated by Gunga Din*

Lotto / Daily Giveaway
- Essence Of Renewal (Tan Tall Flask) (5) season 8 Origin item *Donated by Lineman*

Rares Fest Bartenders
-Able Parker/Mac
-MR CLEAN
-Ado the Thief
-Jane Douler
-Kelmo (Friday)
-Open
-Open
-Open
-Open
-Open
-Open

Township Tour - The City of Kijustsu Anei Village
(Contact Gareth)

Township Tour - Aryslan City
(Contact Jamlyn)

Township Tour - Open

Township Tour - Open

Township Tour - Open

Township Tour - Open

Township Tour - Open

Township Tour - Open

(More to be added)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sundina and myself will be running the silent auction during this rares festival

Silent Auction

The owner of an item they want auctioned will submit it to me, I will lock it down for display in the auction house. People may bid on these items via in game on a bulletin board specifically for that item. The owner of an item must either set a starting price for that item, with or without a reserve price and or a buyout. At the end of the rares festival, the items bid on will be sold to the winners. If a reserve price is not met, the owner of the item can choose to not sell the item. If a buyout is met at any time during the rares festival, the item will be sold to the winner at that time. When a rare is to be sold, books will be placed on a vendor for the buyer to purchase that equals the amount the buyer bid. Once the books are purchased, the house with the rare items in it will be set to private so that no one can come in and steal anything, the item will be released and then handed to the buyer. The seller will then collect the gold from me by either me handing it to them or having them put books on a vendor for me to buy that equals the amount the item sold for.

if you have any questions, please icq me at 102388892 or Sundina at 95509325

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Put me down for a vendor if you would.
Didn't you get deported from Chesapeake? hehehe okay we will add you.

FYI Mini event #3 SHE Auction Hosted in Zedland City (Contact Zelda of Zed and Rivi Ravenwynd) is a NORMAL auction, it is not the Rares Fest Auction. They have kindly accepted the request to be part of the mini events so thank you to them you rock!

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

great idea i'll take a vendor as well.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Vendor me up please

D

Dani/Alina

Count me in and reserve me a spot...

Traveler also (he doesnt really use Stratics but I know he will want one)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This seems to be shaping up very nicely, better than I had hoped. I do believe Gunga may be correct and we may need to remove the unofficial from the fest, maybe even the mini aspect because it is looking like there will be nothing mini about it. Thanks to everyone so far who has volunteered there time and ideas to get this going, and especially Gareth as he is the meat and potato's behind this =).

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

All I do is use the power of my icq that seems to reach like every shard community. I am still saying I was mentally unfit at the time to say yes to helping host this event LoL.

C

Curran

I'll take a vendor too please.

S

shulginist

Do I still get a vendor? :)

Unofficial my ass !!! This is "THE" Rares Fest !!

*Comes out of retirement one last time* *Feels like Brett Favre*
If it is anything like Favre then we can count on you for a few more fests after this one :)

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sign me up for a vendor, too, please.

BlissMarie

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Count me in as well please - would love a vendor :)

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Hands deportation papers* No
huh?! am i in trouble? does this mean i can't enter chesapeake or can't leave? what did i do this time? add me, please (581680916) , so I don't get in more trouble by derailing this thread.

BlissMarie is innocent

Gareth said I can attend. Whew, thanks Gareth. If you still feel the need to deport someone, I'll agree to be the scapegoat, once the rares fest is over. Perhaps, it will be fun. I've never been deported before.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mind if I get a vendor? Also I might have a few items to donate to daily give aways, have to go through some loot to see what I got but will PM ya in regards to this. Thanks in advance.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"The Almighty says this must be a fashionable Event. It's drawn the finest people"

S

shulginist

"The Almighty says this must be a fashionable Event. It's drawn the finest people"
Yay Stephen from Braveheart. He was so good in that movie!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ill take a vendor too, thanks.

S

Suzzy

Vendor me up as well. I will be selling some of my rares to the highest bidder(s).

A

A Mad Man

I would like to get a Vendor as well please.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL, I think now would be a great time to remove the mini out of this threads title. This is full blown rares fest!

ultimakong

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi,

I would love to get a Vendor as well..

Thank you

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I too would like a vendor.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Here is information I could pull for you from a Charter Britannian.

That gets sticky, though. Many of those class of item actually HAVE charges, but they are hidden because of what was done to them to change their default name. Such items can suddenly stop working because their hidden pool of charges has run out. As a GM/Seer/Councelor item, if it DOES have charges, hidden or not, it would mostly likely be the max of 255 (or was when created)

Most Councelor and GM items have an actual name, like a sentient artifact might.

EM/Seer items tend to be the ones with unique but non-proper noun names.

There is no carry over in any type of account short of GM accounts from Beta to Live.
Everyone had to re-register after the servers went live

Since GMs, Seers, and Councelors can teleport around the map at will and stay and move hidden when needed...Why would they need an unlimited supply of teleport..That leaves either someone on the Companion program that had an in with a GM/Seer/Councelor to get that item, or an Event item. I can't see that kind of item being given away at an event, though. That is an incredibly unbalancing item if it can be used unequipped I can't see an item like that being given away to any player for any reason. Think of the PvP ramifications of unlimited non-equipped teleport on a PKer.

One other scenario I can think of is a GM created item (all the councelor items were created by GMs) given to a Councelor so that he or she could move around a call rapidly without using the super user tools (every command of which was logged at the tim)

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here is information I could pull for you from a Charter Britannian.

That gets sticky, though. Many of those class of item actually HAVE charges, but they are hidden because of what was done to them to change their default name. Such items can suddenly stop working because their hidden pool of charges has run out. As a GM/Seer/Councelor item, if it DOES have charges, hidden or not, it would mostly likely be the max of 255 (or was when created)

Most Councelor and GM items have an actual name, like a sentient artifact might.

EM/Seer items tend to be the ones with unique but non-proper noun names.

There is no carry over in any type of account short of GM accounts from Beta to Live.
Everyone had to re-register after the servers went live

Since GMs, Seers, and Councelors can teleport around the map at will and stay and move hidden when needed...Why would they need an unlimited supply of teleport..That leaves either someone on the Companion program that had an in with a GM/Seer/Councelor to get that item, or an Event item. I can't see that kind of item being given away at an event, though. That is an incredibly unbalancing item if it can be used unequipped I can't see an item like that being given away to any player for any reason. Think of the PvP ramifications of unlimited non-equipped teleport on a PKer.

One other scenario I can think of is a GM created item (all the councelor items were created by GMs) given to a Councelor so that he or she could move around a call rapidly without using the super user tools (every command of which was logged at the tim)

Gareth, that is some great information.

The only additional thing that I can confirm is that it has not been depleted of charges, although I only used it once.

I agree, it's over powered, and if it is unlimited charges, this thing would be ridiculous in general (Last Object - Instant Teleporting around on a stealther/hider/thief, anyone?). I've kept it locked up tight in a bank box for quite sometime, it's one rare I will never keep anywhere else just for the fear of losing it.

Now that I think of it....may hold on to it now. ; )

Depends if anyone has any entertaining offers. If there is a legitiment buyer, we will test the teleporter charges before sale:

1. I will go to Felluca location of your choice, with just staff. (I will have no equipment on, and a completely empty backpack)
2. You will snoop me
3. I will equip the staff and use the charge
4. You will be impressed

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you have any vendors left I will take one.

Tom

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

We have 100+ vendor spots ready so we have lots of room :)

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Sign me up for a vendor please :)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

id like a vendor as well :)

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Vendor for me to please,
thanks a bunch Angie

T

TheMac

**Announcement** There is another vendor house for the rares fest. Gareth will update later. Everyone should have atleast one vendor now!!! PM Me here for a spot!

P

PoCove

This is great ..I will have to go to thos one ... I have a few rares but not enough to sell .. So I will have to contend to buy some to beef up my collections ...

See you there

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

**Announcement** There is another vendor house for the rares fest. Gareth will update later. Everyone should have atleast one vendor now!!! PM Me here for a spot!
Also please keep posting in this thread so we can keep a close count on what we have and what people can expect. It is shaping out to be one outstanding weekend from the looks of it. If you know anyone who is a collector who doesn't read these forums or may be low key let them know about it and see if you can get them to attend or reserve a spot for them in this thread. Also we could use the help of some of the Asian collectors out there to spread the word and get some to attend, the more people who attend with vendors the greater the event will be for everyone.

On a side note if you post and don't see your name listed right away, don't worry I will get it updated everyday. I am a little busy at work this week with the blizzard we got hit with but rest assured it will be updated at night..