• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course it would have to be 5x the cost, which is a little cheaper than most reg imbued armor sell for.
Add insurance to the shard and prices will sky rocket!

You can get imbue regs from Abyss for 20k per now, but add insurance and they'll cost 500k per, as they do on Atlantic, because it is a one time sale.

Imbued suits might only cost 100k now, add insurance and you're looking at 4 million per suit. Crafters would have it good for a few months, but then everythig will come to a halt. Only Alchemists and bola makers will remain in business, maybe a trapped crate vendor, as you cant insure containers.

Insurance on Siege... NO! I came to Siege to make steals and have full loot minus the Siege Blessed item, if I wanted insurance I would have stayed on Atlantic with my seven developed toons. The only real difference Siege would have is that reds can go to any facet.

H

Hugibear

You can get imbue regs from Abyss for 20k per now, but add insurance and they'll cost 500k per, as they do on Atlantic, because it is a one time sale.

Imbued suits might only cost 100k now, add insurance and you're looking at 4 million per suit. Crafters would have it good for a few months, but then everythig will come to a halt. Only Alchemists and bola makers will remain in business, maybe a trapped crate vendor, as you cant insure containers.

Insurance on Siege... NO! I came to Siege to make steals and have full loot minus the Siege Blessed item, if I wanted insurance I would have stayed on Atlantic with my seven developed toons. The only real difference Siege would have is that reds can go to any facet.
You make great points, crafters will make more per suit, maybe less suits but quality over quantity should equal out to the same amount of goldies tho. Same with farmers they will charge more per. Things like essences will sell better too, most people dont imbue that stuff onto things because it becomes to expensive. A crappy imbued suit will cost the same insurance or not, crap is crap. But you are correct people will go with more high end stuff, meaning more for others to do, farm and imbue.

I recently and still do play on atlantic, when I went there I had nothing. Guess what I found almost everything I needed on vendors, some stuff sold out so fast I had to beg guildies for it. And I am talking about stuff to make things. I dont see how you could say that stuff willnt sell, when you mention atlantic as your example and that stuff sells like hotcakes over there.

What are you stealing now that insurance wont let you steal? The only thing I could think of is a second weapon.
You think reds going everywhere is the only real difference. I guess you missed the one character per account. That is the big difference because you have to act civil, no hiding behind a different character. The community on siege will sniff you out. Oh community that might be another difference.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm afraid the 'one char lets people sniff you out' theory is flawed. They also sniff out alts on other accounts and, despite a small fortune in name change tokens, usually sniff out Diablo in less than 24 hours. Where's the real difference, in terms of spotting who someone is, between 2 chars on one account and 1 char on 2 accounts?

I'm against the idea of insurance on Siege
I'm against ludicrous prices - and have stopped keeping vendors on Europa as a result of that trend.
Your theory illustrates that insurance would cause exactly what I would most dislike, the destruction of the only stable economy in the game. Uber imbued suits would be in reach of those with uber skills and uber cash, but working suits ie 100% lrc no frills, would be out of reach of newcomers to the shard with limited funds. Thus creating a barrier to exactly what you're trying to achieve.

If you ask people why they won't come to Siege the reason they give is not lack of insurance, it's lack of housing and restricting their playstyle to one character type. I would vastly prefer some kind of restricted, grandfathered type housing and a second character to adding insurance to Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to add that the "quality" of the crafting enterprise isnt really in how much you make per sale. To me, its always only been fun and rewarding when I felt like I was contributing, facilitating the play of others. The gold is a just a nice perk.

So selling 1 suit for 10 million gold once a month, would be far less satisfying that selling 100 100k suits a month. Although I havent been in the vending practice for ages because I usually don't have the drive or the time to have a good shop, it was very rewarding when I was doing good, frequent business, and revived the appreciation of others. Thats what the "provider" play style is all about.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sour? lol. The only thing I'm sour about is the fact that we're most likely not getting any changes. UO's my all time favorite videogame and it's broken to the point of unplayable...

And for the record, roughly 70% of this shard is for some form of passive detect (a minority wants it to remain the same.) 50/50 my ass.
Only talking about the poll fellow. It was 50/50. And before you go any further, I voted for a variation of passive detect.

H

Hugibear

Petra dupes ruined all the other shards economy, saying anything else did just wouldnt be the case. I have an imbuer and I cant for the life of me figure out why a crappy imbued suit would sell for more money. It is competition that drives an economy not high prices. Uber suits would be achievable by anyone either willing to pay or farm for them. I farmed the SA dungeon tonight, and I am by no means a pvmer. I had little problem and scored a ton of stuff I can now use for making a really nice suit.

As for my "sniff out theory" you actually proved me correct even more, what i said is you can not hide behind another character or name. The community will find you out very quickly.

Like I said I play atlantic too, we are in a very large guild. One of the biggest faction guilds on the shard. I asked everyone in vent. Why dont you play siege? I got asked a bunch of questions, and most said "i can only bless one item f-that, so when I die I will lose everything" I said of course. The next thing they asked was how do you survive over there if you lose everything when you die. Prodo people (our only hope for new blood) cant fathom life without insurance. Have any of you gone and asked people from other shards why they wouldnt give siege a try. I even offered these people powerscrolls, a place to live, and they still didnt like the fact that when they die they lose it all.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the answer. I would just hate for Siege to go the way the other shards have, where I can't stock a vendor at a price I consider fair because they just get bought out and resold elsewhere. I play there rarely now, and when I do, I play alone, having no interaction with the rest of the shard - I'm out of touch and can't craft to sell there, only for my own characters. It makes me sad.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra dupes ruined all the other shards economy, saying anything else did just wouldnt be the case. I have an imbuer and I cant for the life of me figure out why a crappy imbued suit would sell for more money. It is competition that drives an economy not high prices. Uber suits would be achievable by anyone either willing to pay or farm for them. I farmed the SA dungeon tonight, and I am by no means a pvmer. I had little problem and scored a ton of stuff I can now use for making a really nice suit.

As for my "sniff out theory" you actually proved me correct even more, what i said is you can not hide behind another character or name. The community will find you out very quickly.

Like I said I play atlantic too, we are in a very large guild. One of the biggest faction guilds on the shard. I asked everyone in vent. Why dont you play siege? I got asked a bunch of questions, and most said "i can only bless one item f-that, so when I die I will lose everything" I said of course. The next thing they asked was how do you survive over there if you lose everything when you die. Prodo people (our only hope for new blood) cant fathom life without insurance. Have any of you gone and asked people from other shards why they wouldnt give siege a try. I even offered these people powerscrolls, a place to live, and they still didnt like the fact that when they die they lose it all.
Because it's the breed of players now...the game is not the only thing ****ed up...it's the new players mindset...they don't want to lose anything ever...sorta like wow and all the new games coming out now...

W

WhityJinn

That would make it like 72k per suit with jewels and weapon, that aint bad.
that aint bad for leet ass farmers, some people don`t think that UO is about farming 10 hours a day, so they might find it difficult to insure their stuff, when they want to.

Um, oh sorry, I forgot that l33t pvp3rz are the only true playzors, other players are just some meat running around.
please excuse the ridiculous peasant who expressed his opinion, oh mine great mast0r.

W

WhityJinn

I totally agree with Chardonnay.True UO players are a dieing breed, and it couldnt be otherwise, such players need a hardcore game to remain hardcore gamers.If there is no hardcore game around, they either become the miserable carebears like 99% of UO`s population (including this shard), or go play that other game of which we are not allowed to talk here.

You know, someone had to repeat the succes of Old Ultima Online, and while EA proved to be too dumb to do so, that other guys of which I canst speak, did the right thing.

If only I had a more powerful computer.
Guess gonna sell my dog and the TV so I can buy a high-end PC and get out of this swamp forever.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra dupes ruined all the other shards economy, saying anything else did just wouldnt be the case.
Not really. There were more dupes all through out the games history, and alot of the really bad ones were pre insurance, and the economy was just fine.

Besides, economy isnt just what things cost, the value of constantly in-streaming currency is completely relative. More importantly the economy is the width and breadth of transactions, how many, how often, and by whom. And it is this that insurance puts a huge damper on.

You know, I DO think insurance would bring more people to siege, but it would not make a fun shard to play for many of the people who play here currently, and you would be liable to lose as many if not more people than you gain. And the ones you lose will be the shard vets, the ones who were 100% sure they liked siege and what it had to offer.

W

WhityJinn

Actually, if they implement tramsurance, me and a friend of mine are gonna leave immediately.
But I guess thats how it works - they would trade 10 Siege Players for 100 carebears.

V

Vaelix

You know, I DO think insurance would bring more people to siege, but it would not make a fun shard to play for many of the people who play here currently, and you would be liable to lose as many if not more people than you gain. And the ones you lose will be the shard vets, the ones who were 100% sure they liked siege and what it had to offer.
This..

H

hukor

I haveplayed since AOS launch.

I have played Siege for the whole time and only recently stopped for about the last six months due to RL junk but I would like to come back.

I have seen the population come and go.

The only reason there is life on Siege right now is because of BFF and the other 2 pvp guilds maybe 3 who are having PLAYER made INSURANCE.

Funny how Freja is against insurance yet she claims to give peoples crap back for FREE.

Uvtha doesn't even PVP.

Who is Whitey jin?

And half the people in BFF are against it but already are living by it.

Wake up people.
Anyone who is going to leave Siege has already done so.
They are playing OTHER shards.

I want to see Siege grow and be back to what it once was.
That's not likely.

I agree 100 percent with Huggi and Vortex.

Stop being stupid.
No one said insurance is the answer for sure but I sure as hell know that one or two more arties here and there or a million is not bringing Siege back the way we hope it will.

You will still farm gold or items if you want to play otherwise you won't be able to kill anyone with a bad ass suit 1v1.
Insurance doesn't cange that really either.
You still need to farm and craft a little to keep up. It just cuts down on how much.

I guarantee you crafters on this shard haven't even made half the items possible in this game because there is no market for them on siege.

People cry that insurance will kill Siege when Siege is already dead. We are trying to bring it BACK to life.

I respect everyone who wants to play without insurance. I also respect those who like me don't want it but would sacrifice to be able to play a game that we have come to love.

I know that if we get dev attention we will make a change for the better weather its increased loot or whatever fix they will agree to.

I appreciate peoples passion for this shard and share it. But remember that the game hs changed and will continue to change.
Adapt and overcome.

W

WhityJinn

I usually don`t pay any attention to people who PvP and who point out other people saying "they dont pvp".
They can`t possibly have any adequate opinion, because all UO is about for them is PvPing.
If given the chance, I sure know they would just turn all of Sosaria into a giant arena for PvP.I mean, they would delete all land except for Occlo island, so they can fight all day and night there.
That`s why I`d never take such people`s opinions into consideration, they actually do not play Ultima, they play 3rd person view Counter-Strike with swords and e-bolts.

H

hukor

By deffinition Siege is a pvp shard.
If there is no pvp then who is goin to take your piece of **** items?
A huminoid monster.

*rummages through pack and takes an item*

Im not saying pvp is all that matters.
I AM saying that it has the largest effect on pvp.

People pancake about the economy getting messed up on Siege.
There IS NO economy to speak ofl
Every other vendor is empty.
The only reason stuff sells on Siege is because we can post on these forums.
No one ever stocks anything on vendors and its hard as hell to play a one account red with no way to buy a ****ing sewing kit.
(rant over).

just saying the thing that makes Siege great is the rule set.
Attackable anywhere
No selling to vendors. 5 times prodo shard prices.
good skill gain now.
one char.
that's the things that I love.
Those are things that help balance
economy too.
Soulstones have killed crafters to a certain extent.
I had a ninja stealther with LJ for christs sake.

But guess what.
If I didn't have to farm at all. I wouldn't bother making **** myself.
I would be busy trying to kill everyone.

W

WhityJinn

Hmm..I was just thinking..what would happen, if they kept UO as it was in the beginning - hardcore, non-item based?
They would still add new things, but the UO in its core would remain the same as it was at the start.

For some reason I think that if smart people had done all of this right, the player base wouldn`t be much smaller than it is now, if not bigger.
I can think of so many ways to enhance and enrich the gameplay without any trammels or insurances.

And, if I remember correctly, there were also alot of things you could do in the past.Enter people`s houses, slap people and open doors with telekinesis, even eating someon`s brains (right?).
I mean, alot of small things that actually made you AFFECT the world somehow.
Thats what UO was about.You had a million ways to AFFECT the world around you and other players.
Now you can`t affect or change almost anything.It has become some unnatural, plastic world.
I hate it, yes, and I know nothing is gonna change, except when they add in 2012 the murlock race and the murlock swamps located on a distant planet accesed via giant steamwork zeppelin.And then UO will die, because l33t pvpz0rs can do their stupid power-play pvp in games with better graphics, games better suited for such activities.
Am I right?

W

WhityJinn

oh by the way, someone give me a link to the thread where people demand a classic shard.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QZ - do you know how many pvpers would flock to a shard where they could pvp literally everywhere? - a lot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We have two totally different games here.

One, we have poll after poll suggesting to make Siege a place where you go out and get items (good items) from hunting monsters, hunting players or buying from players.

Two, we have this thread which is suggesting to make Siege a place where you go out and get items (good items) from hunting monsters or buying from players.

Right now you can't find good items hunting monsters - they either don't exist or it's like playing the lottery or it's so time consuming nobody wants to bother doing it over and over and over again.

Right now you can't find good items on players - let's get real here, most of the players on this shard equip in trash.

Thus you can't find items (good items) being sold.

I can't say I agree with Hugi on the part where (one) won't bring players here. (One) is also how I -and I'm sure most of you- prefer experiencing UO. If it was working well and Siege was more about having fun than dicking each other over via precious pixels... other's would see the fun we were having too.

Fun is contagious.

That is all.

H

hukor

HOLD ON !!!
You are thanking someone for light looting and at the same time crying about how no one is hard core on production shards.

If you want hard core I will kill you.
Then I will res kill you.
Then I will kill your mount and cut up your armor.
Then I will track you to wherever you res and kill you again and again until you log in frustration.

Then I will throw the rest of your crap in the pink luna trash can.

This game is not about RL or anything close to it. It never has been.

If you die in RL you stay dead.
Just ask my brother or my dad. Oh wait you can't because in RL you can't res people.

UO is about having fun weather you are crafting or pvp or farming or RP or just sitting around chatting at the bank.

Insurance only affects how peoples play time is spent.

Items are only looted bcause they have value.
Value in UO comes down to 2 things. Item rarity or gold.
Rares are going to be rare not because they are uber but because they are hard to get.
What the hell WHO NEEDS SERVER START UP HAY .......? GD

Now gold on the other hand is liquid. You need a supply and sink.
Therefore creating a demand.

Items currently are looted for worth in gold.
People don't really carry rares around on Siege.

Scenario A:
PK or pvper kills person.
loots crap.
sells crap or uses it themselves
unless its faction then you sell back or trash.
PK or pvper receives benefit in the form of getting gold or not spending his own.

Scenaro B:
PK or pvper kills player and instead of getting crap gets the benefit without having to go through 2 other steps.

Insurance is just placing a gold value on something that is only worth a certain amount of in game gold. inflation is irrelevant in this case because prices are dictated by demand and supply.

If it costs me 4 mill for a orny and I can only farm 4 mill in a week or two its a known factor.
now if it only takes me one day to get an orny farming then what do you think im going to do?
pay the gold or get it myself.

PRICES ARE DICTATED BY TIME SPENT AQUIRING SAID ITEMS.
TIME EQUALS MONEY IN UO.

In the case of player time most have little available.
So like Vortex or me or Huggi we play on other shards ATM because there we can farm minimaly and play the way we want to for maximum amounts of time.

Now pvp is not everything in this game but it is a large chunk.

It will never be like RL so stop trying to make it that way.
Its a game.
Lets make it fun for all again.

H

hukor

I will say again.

Wht makes this shard great is the rule set.
ATTACKABLE ANYWHERE.
ONE CHAR PER ACCOUNT.
NO TRAM !!!!!!! SO LESS LANDMASS.

People will come here in droves.
I would gladly give up on a prodo shard to play Siege especially if there was anyone to fight and I didn't have to farm all day or post five trillion times on the boards that I was trying to buy seeds of renewal.

W

WhityJinn

HOLD ON !!!
So like Vortex or me or Huggi we play on other shards ATM because there we can farm minimaly and play the way we want to for maximum amounts of time.
Why bother with Siege then?Go play on your trammel shards, leave us be.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course it would have to be 5x the cost, which is a little cheaper than most reg imbued armor sell for.

The prices of ingrediants and imbued suits won't skyrocket. If people need ingrediants they go farm them..similar to as now. Production prices are so out of whack because of duping (items and gold) not because of insurance. Even with insurance people still buy good suits and armor pieces because thats what you do in UO..you hoard lol

Again i'm not sure if insurance is the route to go. It certainly is food for thought. It's not like Siege is bustling with people atm.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HOLD ON !!!
You are thanking someone for light looting and at the same time crying about how no one is hard core on production shards.

If you want hard core I will kill you.
Then I will res kill you.
Then I will kill your mount and cut up your armor.
Then I will track you to wherever you res and kill you again and again until you log in frustration.

Then I will throw the rest of your crap in the pink luna trash can.

This game is not about RL or anything close to it. It never has been.
YESSSS

Best thing I've read on these boards in quite some time!!

:gun::gun:

H

hukor

I would never grief a crafter or
RPer unless they were a Dbag.

I think its awesome that UO can be enjoyed in all kinds of ways.

I also think Siege is the best possible shard.

I am not saying I am the only one allowed an opinion.

I AM saying you should think before you rule out options like Vortexs because hard core would be not having private housing or bank boxes and no Guard Zones.

Also I have not seen one "hardcore" person in UO.
Its a game.
Its not set up to be hardcore.

It IS the funnest game around however on the BEST shard.
I love the people and all of their different playstyles.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The prices of ingrediants and imbued suits won't skyrocket. If people need ingrediants they go farm them..similar to as now. Production prices are so out of whack because of duping (items and gold) not because of insurance. Even with insurance people still buy good suits and armor pieces because thats what you do in UO..you hoard lol

Again i'm not sure if insurance is the route to go. It certainly is food for thought. It's not like Siege is bustling with people atm.
The reason Insurance is even being discussed is because people are afraid to lose their expensive suits. I believe it is the same reason some people wanted passive detect, so they cannot be suprise attacked which resulted in them losing their expensive gear. Before Faction arties, how many people were pressing for passive detect and insurance? They want the prices lowered so they can stock up five suits for the current price of one. If faction prices were lowered, I think you'll see alot less crying about insurance and passive detect, as the loss wouldn't be so severe.

The economy here is much more stable because the NPC vendors will not buy, and there is no insurance. All the duped gold has been spent by now, so that isn't an issue. If there were insurance, then the items bought with the duped gold would still exist, and then we'd have a weaker economy... the lack of insurance self adjusted the duping. When I was on Atlantic, I would use my pack horses to manipulate the NPC's out of 100k gold in a matter of minutes. Go to an unpopular town, fill up the pack horses with any item that was 1 - 3 gp each, take those items to Luna, and sell to Luna NPC's for 50 - 100 gp per. I would make a killing, and it would lower the prices in Luna again, thereby encouraging people to buy more from them so I can repeat the process.

Remove the faction artifacts and lower the cost of gems from NPC's. Everyone can compete on equal footing in imbued gear. Skill vs. skill, not skill vs. superman suit. Adding insurance will only widen the gap between the haves and have nots, at least, for new players starting out with 1000 gp in the bank.

Powder of Fortification and Insurance = one time purchase of gear.
It would make runics valuable again, as you want the mods without imbuing, so you can keep powdering it. The economy will suffer, crafters will have nothing to craft, thusly there will be no reason to go mine ore or chop lumber ( victims to pk ), and there will be no reward for killing anyone...

So what if you get some insurance gold for killing them? What are you going to buy? You already have the perfect suit you'll never lose.

H

hukor

Where do you think I play right now Rico?

And guess what?
There I no insurance there.

but I don't ever have to farm because its a even playing field right out the gate.
I equip my axe throw some reagents in a bag.
a few pots and im set.

H

hukor

First off you have no clue.

I wouldn't use the same suit for my mage and dexxer.
You can fit a lot of mods on a suit but not all of them.

And then you can go into stat and skill inc item suits.

Then remember where POF comes from BODS.
who turns in bods?
blacksmiths.
who mines the ore to fill the bods?
miners
right now theres not only no market for POF there is no one selling it.

The shard is dead it needs revival
not bandaids.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason Insurance is even being discussed is because people are afraid to lose their expensive suits. I believe it is the same reason some people wanted passive detect, so they cannot be suprise attacked which resulted in them losing their expensive gear. Before Faction arties, how many people were pressing for passive detect and insurance? They want the prices lowered so they can stock up five suits for the current price of one. If faction prices were lowered, I think you'll see alot less crying about insurance and passive detect, as the loss wouldn't be so severe.

The economy here is much more stable because the NPC vendors will not buy, and there is no insurance. All the duped gold has been spent by now, so that isn't an issue. If there were insurance, then the items bought with the duped gold would still exist, and then we'd have a weaker economy... the lack of insurance self adjusted the duping. When I was on Atlantic, I would use my pack horses to manipulate the NPC's out of 100k gold in a matter of minutes. Go to an unpopular town, fill up the pack horses with any item that was 1 - 3 gp each, take those items to Luna, and sell to Luna NPC's for 50 - 100 gp per. I would make a killing, and it would lower the prices in Luna again, thereby encouraging people to buy more from them so I can repeat the process.

Remove the faction artifacts and lower the cost of gems from NPC's. Everyone can compete on equal footing in imbued gear. Skill vs. skill, not skill vs. superman suit. Adding insurance will only widen the gap between the haves and have nots, at least, for new players starting out with 1000 gp in the bank.

Powder of Fortification and Insurance = one time purchase of gear.
It would make runics valuable again, as you want the mods without imbuing, so you can keep powdering it. The economy will suffer, crafters will have nothing to craft, thusly there will be no reason to go mine ore or chop lumber ( victims to pk ), and there will be no reward for killing anyone...

So what if you get some insurance gold for killing them? What are you going to buy? You already have the perfect suit you'll never lose.

I'm not going to go into detail about how much this post just outright sucks. Its horrible. There isn't a single legit thing in this wall of fail.

Here's the part you guys don't understand about insurance. With it players will want multiple suits to do multiple things. Hell, on my pvm sampire I have about 5 suits, about 10 weapons, many different jewel combinations. How do you think i got those? Imbuing! There not even maxed out for fear that I could lose them. That means, I would want a crafter to make me 5 new suits, 10 new weapons and different jewel combos so they can be maxed out. Maxed out mods also means more mula for the crafter. Which means people will have to farm the abyss, which means people to kill and loot their ****. Also, you can make those nifty rare jewels, like the turquoise ring and dark saphire bracelet. It would be worth it to craft those. That would mean you would need mining gems, someoen would then have to start mining!!! OMGZ, talk about jump starting the economy.

Same thing goes for mages, dexxers, tamers. they all have a thousand different set ups, which require a thousand different suits. You seem to be stuck in the mind set that one character will only require one suit for all its playstyles. Then again, you're known to fail at UO reasoning.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off you have no clue.

I wouldn't use the same suit for my mage and dexxer.
You can fit a lot of mods on a suit but not all of them.
Help me figure this out then, as I am clueless, I cannot fathom how Insurance would help Siege.

Consider this example:

Lets assume a moderate number of players on Atlantic.

1000 players averaging 2 accounts per player, and 7 toons per account.
Thats 14,000 suits that need to be crafted to outfit everyone. That should keep crafters busy for a bit, even with insurance.

Now assume each toon likes to wear 2 different suits, a pvm suit and a pvp suit, now we need 28,000 suits to supply these 1000 players.

Now, lets use a high number for Siege population.

100 players averaging 2 accounts per player, and one toon per account.

Thats 200 suits that need to be crafted to outfit everyone, double that number to 400 if they want a pvm and pvp suit.

400 to 28,000... don't think insurance will kill crafters here?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same thing goes for mages, dexxers, tamers. they all have a thousand different set ups, which require a thousand different suits. You seem to be stuck in the mind set that one character will only require one suit for all its playstyles. Then again, you're known to fail at UO reasoning.
Okay, 10 suits per toon.

140,000 suits for 1000 players on Atlantic.

2,000 suits for 100 players on Siege.

Crafters will be busy for a month, then nobody will need to buy anymore, unless insured items automatically become brittle and lose all but 50 durability.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If anyone wants insurance, there´s 25 other shards to choose between. No need to take away the last non-insurance shard...

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to go into detail about how much this post just outright sucks. Its horrible. There isn't a single legit thing in this wall of fail.

Here's the part you guys don't understand about insurance. With it players will want multiple suits to do multiple things. Hell, on my pvm sampire I have about 5 suits, about 10 weapons, many different jewel combinations. How do you think i got those? Imbuing! There not even maxed out for fear that I could lose them. That means, I would want a crafter to make me 5 new suits, 10 new weapons and different jewel combos so they can be maxed out. Maxed out mods also means more mula for the crafter. Which means people will have to farm the abyss, which means people to kill and loot their ****. Also, you can make those nifty rare jewels, like the turquoise ring and dark saphire bracelet. It would be worth it to craft those. That would mean you would need mining gems, someoen would then have to start mining!!! OMGZ, talk about jump starting the economy.

Exactly...on Atlantic you were always buying any very nice piece or burning new kits because you never knew how you were going to change your suit.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason there is life on Siege right now is because of BFF and the other 2 pvp guilds maybe 3 who are having PLAYER made INSURANCE.
And I for one think that is great. Its human beings interaction with each other, making a treaty to behave a certain way. Player interaction, which is what I for one want to protect.

Funny how Freja is against insurance yet she claims to give peoples crap back for FREE.
And? Giving people their things back is not the same as the in game system of insurance.

Uvtha doesn't even PVP.
So what? Ive been playing this game for 13 years, and I play close attention to what changes have what effect. Just because I can't pvp well doesn't mean that I can make observations and state opinions. There was a DIRECT correlation to the introduction of insurance, and the game starting to suck, ESPECIALLY the economy, which was basically destroyed because of it in tandem with tram. And if you notice there are pvpers who agree with what I say.

And half the people in BFF are against it but already are living by it.
No, they aren't. If you are talking about the low price buybacks that is a PLAYER mandate, which is fantastic. It doesn't effect anyone in the game but those who all agree to adhere to it.

Wake up people.
Anyone who is going to leave Siege has already done so.
They are playing OTHER shards.
That is incorrect. If they put in insurance I will cancel my accounts that day. This is not just crap talk, 50% of the reason I left LS was because of insurance. Tram being like 25%, and other various lameness account for the rest. Tram sucked balls and always has, but people still lost their stuff and needed it replaced, thus they needed other people, and needed to interact.

I want to see Siege grow and be back to what it once was.
That's not likely.
I agree on both counts. My opinion on the population is this: When the game had more players over all there were more people into siege, when the game lost a lot of players, the pop of siege went down accordingly. That is going to be how it stays, even if you add in all the bells and whistles to get people to transfer here while destroying the whole reason for the shard in the first place: To get away from all of that lame bullshot. I think the more we make the shard the way WE want it, the better shard it will be, and the more likely it will appeal to new players.

Stop being stupid.
No one said insurance is the answer for sure but I sure as hell know that one or two more arties here and there or a million is not bringing Siege back the way we hope it will.
Well, you seem to be suggesting that pretty actively actually by condemning people who are against it. And I for one think we need to stop worrying so much about what will get new people on the shard and actually start fighting for the shard WE want. Not the shard THEY want. After all wtf is the point in doing the latter when, again, we all came to this shard to ESCAPE those stupid systems?

You will still farm gold or items if you want to play otherwise you won't be able to kill anyone with a bad ass suit 1v1.
Insurance doesn't cange that really either.
You still need to farm and craft a little to keep up. It just cuts down on how much.
But the obvious and glaring difference that is completely plain to anyone is that while yes, people would still farm, but once they have thier good suit... they are done until it breaks which could literally be years. Insurance changed pvp very much, and would change crafting and pvm again if it were to be implemented here.
It just cuts down on how much. I know thats not important to you, but it IS important to many other people, and it is also important to other people to be rewarded in something tangible when they beat someone in pvp. That is not stupid.

I guarantee you crafters on this shard haven't even made half the items possible in this game because there is no market for them on siege.
How does that even matter? The point is the range of goods to be made and sold is MUCH wider than any other shard. Period. More transactions, more items = better economy = better community.

People cry that insurance will kill Siege when Siege is already dead. We are trying to bring it BACK to life.
Actually you are trying to change the shard, not bring what it already is back to life. And not change it for US, but change it for prodo shard players. I think the process is counter intuitive.

I respect everyone who wants to play without insurance. I also respect those who like me don't want it but would sacrifice to be able to play a game that we have come to love.
I on the other hand want to keep loving the game I love AND make it better for people who are unhappy. Insurance helps one group and relegates another to near uselessness.

I know that if we get dev attention we will make a change for the better weather its increased loot or whatever fix they will agree to.
Yeah but the more non siege ideas like this get suggested the more divided we look on what we want, and thus the less likely we are to get action from the dev team.

I appreciate peoples passion for this shard and share it. But remember that the game hs changed and will continue to change.
Adapt and overcome.
It has changed, but what is being asked for is to be more like UO has been, something I would AGAIN like to note we all came here to ESCAPE, not to change to something new.

I totally get that pvpers are dissatisfied, and I understand and agree with them most of the time, but sometimes we go too far and lose sight of what we are trying to get. I think that is happening here.

H

hukor

@ Uvtha
So if they add insurance here you will pack up and quit?

What about the hundreds of people who have already packed up and quit because of things not changing?

I think we SHOULD have more than one option on the table because what if we as for increased monster loot and they say no?

Unified is great but when you have morethan one party involved its best to be flexible.

Eventually you will be making things for yourself in your house on a deserted shard saying..... hrm I wonder where everyone went?

Great economy right?

BTW like I have said before.
I currently play a shard that does not have insurance but then again it also does not have artifacts or imbuing or even magic jurry.

You have to realize that full loot on a shard that has player bound faction arties is kind of rediculous.

If I wear a faction kasa rbc feylegs
orny crystaline primer on arms talisman stormgrip.
lets say you kill me (god forbid)
you will b able to loot two pieces of armor and my reagents plus pots.
HOLY **** YOU ARE SO LUCKY YOU JUST LOOTED ME OMFG YAY FOR FULL LOOT SHARD. now you can throw it in the trash because you CAN'T USE IT.
give me a ****ing break.

H

hukor

@ UVTHA
In the same way that duped items,
trammel and insanced corpses killed the way UO used to be and made you peeved enough to quit ATL and come here.

Trying to run good gear and getting ganked by a neked tamer and a dismount stealth archer or better yet 4 or 5 of em
was enough to make people quit this shard and go to others.

THIS IS WHY I SAY.... WELL UVTHA/FREJA/crafters
DONT PVP
BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW HOW FRUSRATING THAT IS.

Like I said before almost all people
who play games like UO our play time is limited.
Therefore we can not farm enough on Siege to keep up with the items we lose while pvping

I know some decent players that script farm and afk farm just to be able to equip.
they are not doing it to make money.......just to be able to afford the silver or gold to replace or buyback items they are losing.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So tell us, Hukor, who are you in game. Your Stratics username certainly doesn't look very familiar and I don't recall ever seeing the name Hukor in game.

Inquiring minds want to know!

H

hukor

@ forsaken, kat and fudd

What happens when they boost monster loot?
remove player binding on faction arties.
lower silver cost.
fix ranking.
balance monster loot
balance again
fix factions again because people still abuse rank system by farming alts.
then balancing stealth and tamers

the way I see it that is a **** load of dev time used in balancing and rebalancing. then you know people will still cry because of griefing and drylooting
insurance would be easier to implement.

I don't want people afk farming mongbats to get ornys.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll start answering your questions as soon as you answer mine.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ forsaken, kat and fudd

What happens when they boost monster loot?
remove player binding on faction arties.
lower silver cost.
fix ranking.
balance monster loot
balance again
fix factions again because people still abuse rank system by farming alts.
then balancing stealth and tamers

the way I see it that is a **** load of dev time used in balancing and rebalancing. then you know people will still cry because of griefing and drylooting
insurance would be easier to implement.

I don't want people afk farming mongbats to get ornys.
Since you are playing on a shard that is not to be named, I don't know if you know about the new PvP arena that was placed in T2A, near the Minoc cave entrance.

I am hoping that when they implement it, all fights held within its walls will have looting rights and stat loss turned off, so people can PVP to their hearts content all day long. I fear though that this is a trammel thing on prodo shards, where you can not normally attack anyone in trammel, inside this arena you can, and of course, being in Trammel, looting rights are already turned off.

They get a little bit of Fel in the arena, we need a little bit of Trammel in the arena. Hopefully the devs will consider Siege.

H

hukor

I started playing right after AOS

my friend who played since beta was playing Siege because of trammel and insurance so he helped me get started/hooked on it.
loved the game and stayed

farmed trained got killed and loved every minute of it.

I started on a character named Please
my cousin has a sick sense of humor.

then I made a new toon named Rand Al Thor.

played him for a year and bought a account from Jinji Ryu from c8v

played that for a few years.
bought 24 soulstones ovr the years and trained up all kinds of skills had canged the name to Hukor and sold the account to Savannah SP for 600 bucks.
in those years I have bought and sold accounts.
Mr Hankey
Mrs Claus
Havik
Cat
Hypocritically
and a newb toon from a production account.

made a crafter from scratch JackofAllTrades

then I bought one of Sakeys red accounts nmed Forsaken(still want a name change)
in the later years after I sold my main my play time was limited
I started having less fun as my time was less and I was ganked more with the advent of removal of stealth timers and auto stealth.

but still a great game
I switched to prodo and free shards about a year ago and let my accounts go inactive.
I only play EA servers on my cousins account now.

I have related my opinions as such and have related facts as my opinion colors them.

I know not everyone agrees but just throwing my 2 cents in plus some.

my stratics name was taken after the server for the boards changed but by that time I was playing prodo shard and free so I only needed to post when I needed to buy something or BS here or there.
you should remember me Kat because I was trying to start guild wars in malas at the mountainous region between umbra and luna.
maybe not it was a while ago.

H

Hugibear

why does it matter who hukor is? He/she makes valid points. The facts are the devs look at siege as a red headed step child they really want nothing to do with. The way I see it insurance will solve several of the problems the people here have been complaining about. Why would you need to increase the loot or even lower the silver costs? You wouldnt if we had insurance. Also do you people realize there are artis that more powerful than faction arties. Items like the slither and tangle to name a few, these items are nowhere to be found on siege. You wouldnt have any gap in gear if you we had insurance, this would make a more level playing field. Yes I know the person willing to farm more or that has more gold will have better gear, but that is the way it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.