• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I posted made every bit of sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the big problem here?
The big problem is that passive detect should not work when stealthing near people without the detect hidden skill. I would have no problem with passive detect working if stealthing next to a player who has invested the points to get the skill. But as Kat said, some players want the benefits without paying the price.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can answer that one for you Hugi. Its a type of insurance, or its trammy, or its not in the spirit of siege.... or some other lame ass excuse.
Trammy is wanting the price of faction items lowered because they are too expensive to replace when you lose them.

H

Hugibear

do you really believe you should be able to be walking around someone without them noticing you? all that promotes is ganking, and one of the reasons you dont see alot of people on this shard. Maybe you want the status quo, I am hoping for something more.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correction: The reason you don't see many people on this shard is because...

1. Its nearly dead
2. Most of the players who are left don't do much
3. And house teleporters make it seem even worse

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correction: The reason you don't see many people on this shard is because...

1. Its nearly dead
2. Most of the players who are left don't do much
3. And house teleporters make it seem even worse
OMG!! House teleporters are a reason the shards dead now???

HAHAHA. I think its because of the banking system.. that's probably the real reason... LOL

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one's asking to remove the skill from the game... I don't understand why guys like you and kat exaggerate the gravity of the situation so much.

With this change, you will still find stealthers happily stealthing away on Siege. You simply won't find players abusing it.
Thats the thing, we aren't the ones exaggerating. You have a counter to stealth, you simply refuse to add it to your template because you'd rather have more damage output. Its all about choices.
The thing is, you are the one exaggerating. You know the counter doesn't work and you simply refuse to stop lying because you're a stealther who wants to keep abusing the skill.

You're a liar and that's why you weren't able to address this post.

Its people like you and Elmer who are the spin doctors on this issue. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Stealth is not overpowered if you used the tools you've been given to counter it. If you play a mage, you have a number of options to assist you in killing and/or revealing a hidden player. You also have the option of using conflag pots.

I have never once said a player needs all those skills in order to kill/reveal a hidden player.

TaTa Oh mighty Spin Doctor! :lame:
Oh we're the spin doctors?

Then why is it that we've addressed every point that you've brought up, but you haven't addressed ANY of the points we have?

Trying to hide the truth? Don't understand the issue at hand as well as you thought? If these aren't the reasons, then please... fill us in as to why you haven't. We're all dying to know.

If you really believe you're addressing our valid points, then address this post:

Because this applies (it's from the low-hanging fruit thread):

if you can turn on Passive Detect, if it can be deemed a " piece of low hanging fruit"
Personally I do not want passive detect. Get tracking and detect hidden on your template if you want to counter hiding and stealth. Why should a player investing 175 points in skills be revealed by someone with no investment in the required skills?

Maybe there is an another solution, like flagged players can't smoke bomb or cannot hide for a time. Passive detect is not a fair solution to your problems.
That is total crap.

You run around stealthed and a player with tracking and detect hidden, uses the skill... tracks you and reveals you and then you INSTANTLY hide and stealth away again! Like what the hell was the point of using the skill? To see your beautiful face for a split second?

You do know that the timer between when I can reveal you again is the same timer for when you can hide again. So Ive got you tracked and I'm following you waiting to use the skill again and then I reveal you and you hide again. Awesome.

Lets not even mention clicking yourself with detect hidden is supposed to have an Area of Effect (AoE) around the detector that reveals all hidden people. It does not work effectively even at 100.

Yeah, that sounds like it's balanced.

Smoke bombs, no delay between when you hide and when you can stealth, with the ability to instantly hide after being revealed and with how handicapped the skill detect hidden is.

Yeah, that's sounds like it's balanced.

Passive detect works fine on every other shard and this game is tailored and balanced to it. There's no reason you should be upset about making this game fair to all classes of characters instead of favoring one above the rest. If it is a low-hanging fruit - it needs to be addressed.
I know you won't because you cant.
So don't let the truth stop you from lying now kat... it's only been a few weeks since you've last lied about this issue and it's pretty clear you don't care about whats in the best interest of the shard, but only yourself.

For the same reason you've been stonewalling faction price changes, the only changes you support are the ones you'll benefit directly from.

All that effort to get just what you want.

Thanks

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the big problem here?
The big problem is that passive detect should not work when stealthing near people without the detect hidden skill. I would have no problem with passive detect working if stealthing next to a player who has invested the points to get the skill.
If you have high enough stealthing, passive detect doesn't reveal you. That sounds exactly like having to invest the points to get the full use out of a skill.

I'm glad you agree with us.

But as Kat said, some players want the benefits without paying the price.
I hope you're not considering joining her as one of them?

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Who-evers-in-charge,

Please allow us to move our characters and years of goods off this dead shard. I believe Atlantic has a population, why not just move seige there please. The fifteen of us left would appreciate that. Cause lets face it at this point if i could server transfer i would, but id hate to lose all the time and money ive invested into SP.

Love,
Your red headed step child - SP

E

Elmer Fudd

The big problem is that passive detect should not work when stealthing near people without the detect hidden skill. I would have no problem with passive detect working if stealthing next to a player who has invested the points to get the skill. But as Kat said, some players want the benefits without paying the price.
HOLY BATT BALLS!!! JUST WOW!

Invested what? 75 skill points to get max benefit out of a 120 skill? Jees...let me get max benefit out of 120 parry with only investing 75 please and i still have to have over 80 dex for my parry to be affective...stealther....shoot...u get max benefit with 10 dex and 75 skill....lol

Crazy logic here

You want a fair change...

Max Dex for max movement....

Max Skill for Max movement

Max Skill for 100 % sucsess Rate on Smoke Bomb usage

Hows that for more fair?

Jees....its so OP its not funny

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* It is least 175 points. That is not even counting Ninja. And everyone MIN/MAXs. It is the nature of all competitive games.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dear Who-evers-in-charge,

Please allow us to move our characters and years of goods off this dead shard. I believe Atlantic has a population, why not just move seige there please. The fifteen of us left would appreciate that. Cause lets face it at this point if i could server transfer i would, but id hate to lose all the time and money ive invested into SP.

Love,
Your red headed step child - SP
Just move. No to transfers. You had a good run here... Sorry Siege is not to your taste.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

HAHAHA. I think its because of the banking system.. that's probably the real reason... LOL
Kat didn't say "Dead". I'll restate what she said.....she said the reason you don't see anyone on the shard is for 3 reasons.

That statement itself is totally different than shard being "dead". Maybe I'm soup sandwitch and I'm reading her post wrong. Someone help me out.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have high enough stealthing, passive detect doesn't reveal you. That sounds exactly like having to invest the points to get the full use out of a skill.

I'm glad you agree with us.

I hope you're not considering joining her as one of them?
Its great to see ppl still complaining about stealthing when not many on the shard is even using it for PVP. Ok ok......TNT uses stealth, but wake up....TNT hasn't even played Siege in a month. So who are we crying about this month playing stealthers?

For your statement Draxous.....its false. Even with 120 stealth and 100 hiding, passive detect will reveal you.

Can we get over all the complaining and crying.....theres what??? 10 ppl who plays Siege currently? Like I said....you will always have complainers.......

Please tho.....keep it going because I enjoy the crying and complaining. This crap is better than watching TV. :thumbup1:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For your statement Draxous.....its false. Even with 120 stealth and 100 hiding, passive detect will reveal you.
Wrong.

One of my favorite characters to play on Atlantic is my assassin. I rarely am revealed at packed champ spawns with 100stealth and am never revealed when I take it to 120.

Any other defenders of no passive detect want to post any more lies?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Kat didn't say "Dead". I'll restate what she said.....she said the reason you don't see anyone on the shard is for 3 reasons.

That statement itself is totally different than shard being "dead". Maybe I'm soup sandwitch and I'm reading her post wrong. Someone help me out.
Even if you're a soup sandwich it doesn't change how wrong she was.

Reasons why new players and current players rarely see anyone?

1. Low population
2. Majority of current (low) population hides and stealths around the world, so population seems even lower.
3. No reason to go hunt monsters in most places (worthless/crappy loot.)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Go play there then. Stealth is working as intended on Siege.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go play there then. Stealth is working as intended on Siege.
Eat **** and go play another game if you don't like the idea of passive detect. Stealth was never intended to be abused the way it is.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Stealth is not being abused. Siege is a different rule set. Surely you know that.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey! You go play another game. Oh... you tried.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth is not being abused. Siege is a different rule set. Surely you know that.
Stealth is abused. Thanks.

And Darkfall is fantastic, you should try it... oh wait, you're not cut out for games that work the way Siege is supposed to. Nevermind.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Really, how is it being abused. Enlighten me.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really, how is it being abused. Enlighten me.
Thanks for:

1. not reading this thread
2. not knowing what you're talking about
3. trolling

Feel free to go play another game if you don't like the idea of passive detect.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Feel free to go play another game if you don't like the idea of passive detect.
Right back at you. If the the things that make Siege unique upset you, move on. I will never ride the Trammy band wagon.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It is pretty damn funny that many of the "PvPers" want Trammy rules.

V

Vaelix

*Random Note*

If you dont see why Stealth is overpowered, you are cluesless as a pvper.

And about this "Run Detect/Tracking" Bull****..Yeah... Right..

I ran Both of those Skills on Loki...

YOU COMPLETELY STOPPED FIGHTING US WHEN I HAD A DETECTOR ON THE FIELD....

Loki comes out to counter your stealth, TnT Goes into the House and Actually tells me they wont fight no matter the numbers if we have a detector..

Man this shard hasnt changed at all.

Us : "Stealth is Overpowered"
You : "Run Detect and Tracking.. We have to invest Skill for Hide/Stealth ect"
Us : "Okay i put detect and tracking on my temp, Lets go"
You: "Yeah we're not gonna pvp if you have a detector"

Love it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*Random Note*

If you dont see why Stealth is overpowered, you are cluesless as a pvper.

And about this "Run Detect/Tracking" Bull****..Yeah... Right..

I ran Both of those Skills on Loki...

YOU COMPLETELY STOPPED FIGHTING US WHEN I HAD A DETECTOR ON THE FIELD....

Loki comes out to counter your stealth, TnT Goes into the House and Actually tells me they wont fight no matter the numbers if we have a detector..

Man this shard hasnt changed at all.

Us : "Stealth is Overpowered"
You : "Run Detect and Tracking.. We have to invest Skill for Hide/Stealth ect"
Us : "Okay i put detect and tracking on my temp, Lets go"
You: "Yeah we're not gonna pvp if you have a detector"

Love it.
Then you win. You shut a whole guild down.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just move. No to transfers. You had a good run here... Sorry Siege is not to your taste.
I would move if i could take my umpteen soulstones.

Unless we get a population here its not going to be anyones taste except those like me who have to much to leave behind or those who are clinging to old habits.

Hence the mass exodus of players we had to prodo shards. Not to mention just flat out quit. From what i can see the higher pop servers get alot of attention. The lower pop servers get forgotten. At least the other servers can move to higher pop servers when they get forgotten. SP players are stuck with years wasted.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When will you people get it? No matter how "much sense your post made", the population will not get any better until the faction arties are gone. You can make the most admirable, the most sense, the best grammical post in the world but until the arties are dead, the server will remain dead too. All the other stuff really doesnt matter without a population. Its really simple math here, look at the population pre faction arties and post faction arties. Stop scratching your head and open your eyes, its really not that hard. All you have to do is count.

it doesnt matter whos idea make the most sense or whos the smartest, all that matters is bringing people back to play.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What? You mean the vending machine arties?

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheapsuit, kat, kelmo, monolith, nightstalker and countless others ive never or rarely seen out in PVP. What characters are you playing or are you accualy not realy involved in SP PVP and continue to care about the changes we want for the faction PVP you take no place in?

If im wrong and you have PVP characters i dont know of by different names my appologizes. Please clue me in ill watch for ya.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is pretty damn funny that many of the "PvPers" want Trammy rules.
Clever play on words. It is pretty damn funny that you need to lie in order to say anything negative about the passive detect idea.

I will never ride the Trammy band wagon.
If this was true you would be for passive detect.

Hop off the Trammy band wagon whenever you like.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do not give a damn about PvP. I just play Siege. You folks go PvP all you want. If Siege is not your shard, move on.

You folks just want easy kills. Get over it. The skill is balanced.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not give a damn about PvP. I just play Siege. You folks go PvP all you want. If Siege is not your shard, move on.

If you dont give a damn about pvp why are you in this conversation?

Do you have a thief and hate that elves can reveal you easier?

And this has been my shard for 7+ years now, but just because ive been here for 7 years doesnt mean im such a fool as to not want improvements or an out. You can cling to just playing SP cause anyone can roleplay on any server. How was the wedding BTW?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheapsuit, kat, kelmo, monolith, nightstalker and countless others ive never or rarely seen out in PVP. What characters are you playing or are you accualy not realy involved in SP PVP and continue to care about the changes we want for the faction PVP you take no place in?
They are all players who abuse hiding/stealth. They are scared that if passive detect goes in, Siege will actually become the hard shard. They're trying to preserve their ability to avoid other players and pvp at will.

Think of the non-pvpers... why should they have to risk being killed on Siege? Why shouldn't they have easy-mode travel, exploration and pvp escape?

No.. that's not trammel-ish at all. Why should there be balance? Think of the non-pvpers!

V

Vaelix

TnT Will defend to death that Stealth is Balanced and that Tracking / Detect keep the Skill in line and prevent it from being overpowered, However, When taken away (Stealth Via Detect) TnT Completely refuses to fight..

Their Reasoning behind this is "Unknown" However the Truth is honestly this, Stealth is overpowered, You rely on it, when it is taken away from you, you fail so completely at the game, that you can no longer pvp.

If TnT Didnt rely on Stealth (Like they say do they) And if stealth wasnt overpowered (Like they say it isnt) Then *IF* I bring out my detector, You should have no problem fighting still, because.. You lose Hiding and Stealth, but your Skill still contributes to Higher DS Damage, making it usefull.

I pvp'd with 2 Missing skills (Tracking/Detect) And Still managed just fine, Where i ask, is the difference?

I lose two skills to Stop your Defense, You Lose Two Skills to Have the defense, But i still pvped.. Something doesnt add up.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What did you not understand? I play Siege.

V

Vaelix

Btw, having stealth in a Non PvP Suitation (Meaning no players there for Detect) *Basically PvM* is the Ultimate Easy Mode.. How can you defend this but say we want "Easy this" Or "Easy that"

Stealth is what MAKES THIS GAME EASY MODE.

You can push 1 button (Smoke Bomb) And have a 90% Chance of Survival if you have a brain... How in gods name can you defend the use of this skill based on the Argument that we want "Easy Kills"

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I pvp'd with 2 Missing skills (Tracking/Detect) And Still managed just fine, Where i ask, is the difference?

I lose two skills to Stop your Defense, You Lose Two Skills to Have the defense, But i still pvped.. Something doesnt add up.
What?

V

Vaelix

Your Argument for Stealth is, It requires 2 Skill Investment and Tracking/Detect (2 Skill Investment [Actually more because you need 100/100 Instead of 100/75]).

Now the Confusing part.

Stealth is balanced because of this ^ In your minds.

However, Why then, If i try to fight a stealther, He will not fight me because I take away stealth. *Basically making 2 of his Skills Useless* While No matter what... Unless Im countering your Stealth.. I HAVE ALREADY MADE 2 OF MY SKILLS USELESS WITH TRACKING/DETECT. And i would STILL pvp Everyday Versus ALL Templates.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you don't want to risk getting killed by other players then go play in Trammel.

The skill is over powered. If it wasn't you would have addressed any one of the many points that were brought up in this thread.

Feel free to keep lying through your teeth. You say you're about Siege, but act nothing of the sort. If Siege is not your shard, move on.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you folks hate stealthers so much, hunt them down. Deal with the template. Soulstones are set to easy now.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you don't want to risk getting killed by other players then go play in Trammel.

The skill is over powered. If it wasn't you would have addressed any one of the many points that were brought up in this thread.

Feel free to keep lying through your teeth. You say you're about Siege, but act nothing of the sort. If Siege is not your shard, move on.
*laughs*

V

Vaelix

Let me simple this down..

Stealthers wont fight Detectors because Detect/Tracking basically makes their template have 2 Useless Skills, correct, your fighting without 175 invested Skill points.

How does this make sense.. When

I have made 2 Skills of my Template 100% Useless against EVERYTHING except Stealth. Yet still pvped against all templates.

I counter 2 Skills with Tracking/Dectect and still pvp with them being useless (Against non stealthers)

You counter ALL templates except 1 (Track/Detect) And Refuse to pvp without it.

See the point?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your Argument for Stealth is, It requires 2 Skill Investment and Tracking/Detect (2 Skill Investment [Actually more because you need 100/100 Instead of 100/75]).

Now the Confusing part.
Now the Confusing part.

Tracking/Detect doesn't counter hiding/stealth.

I track and detect a stealther and they instantly hide and stealth away. I follow, detect again and they instantly hide and stealth away... again and again and again.

It's broken. It's not balanced. Stealth is abused. Detect does not work. It's bull**** and Kelmo is lying through his teeth because he doesn't want to risk getting killed by other players.

Well he should go back to Trammel. Where he belongs.

V

Vaelix

If you folks hate stealthers so much, hunt them down. Deal with the template. Soulstones are set to easy now.
Did you not read when i posted the

FACT THAT STEALTHERS WILL NOT PVP IF THEIR STEALTH IS USELESS..

The Problem is.. Without Detect Stealth is overpowered, and With Detect, the players on this shard are so big of ******* that they wont pvp at all.

It is basically a circle of NO PvP because you want to try to Defend Stealth based on Detect countering it, while refusing to fight *IF* someone does take your advice and Does counter it.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You find a stealther thats wants to fight... kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.