• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Imbuing Changes Going to Test Center 1 Today!

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have a list of the artifact weapons that aren't over the cap? Or help me to understand it... tried imbuing a few on test but I think they're over. How do you count a Blade of Insanity with Stam Leech 100%... 200% intensity?

Eh...
doesn't it show the total points up in the right corner?

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Especially since everyone i know, including myself, unraveled all of our old barb and val armor for ingredients (relics). EA got their server space back with everyone unraveling, now they want to let us imbue them. The only thing i would consider allowing this for would be for bows since imbuers waste tons of essences trying to craft and then enhance a bow for 40 ssi.

Please read the second note in the post you quoted...

Now, if you are complaining that you burned kits for items to make relics, that would be different. But you wouldn't have been able to imbue your old armor anyway, according to that note.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm personally glad for the changes. Those who worked their fingers sore training the skill when it first came out have gotten the benefit of control of the market for the last few months. It really is illogical in my opinion to get upset about it being easier when its meant to balance the game mechanics and put players on similar footings in PvP. PvP was imbalanced before because of the cost of putting together a good suit was difficult for the casual player. Having a skill so incredibly expensive or time consuming to train with gathering materials themselves which is meant to give balance, seems counter productive.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only thing missing is making the durability 255 on first imbue like on jewelery..

then everything would be perfect :)

S

Stupid Miner

Unsure why Dryad bow matters when we have 50 SSI invasion bows that have less useless properties on them.

S

Stupid Miner

Special Material Item Changes
- Items made from or enhanced with special materials can now be imbued.
- This only applies to new items created after this change.
- Artifacts can now be imbued.

Wilki,

Quite a number of players kept invasion weapons so that we might be able to imbue (in my case leeches) them. But as it is right now, the weapons (not the armour) are considered to be made of a special material. So according to the statement above - since they are not new items, then we will still not be able to imbue them. Please can anything be done about this so we can imbue them?

We don't know if they're considered Artifacts or "Special material items"
No real way we can know either.

M

MudFace

YO DEV's can we get the "give crystals" turned off so the jacka** on test will stop putting hundreds of them on the ground and lagging/crashing everyone'e client ty!!!!

W

Wilki

Most existing items will be imbuable after this change. The main exception are items that were made from special materials (colored ores, special wood, etc).

The reason for that is that the old system for creating those items didn't use the standard method for adding properties on the item, so they don't work well with the imbuing system.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft, get real. I did it in the first 3 or 4 days all by hand. I did not even use a UOA macro. And seeing as how UO was scripter free for at least a week after SA launched it would seem that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Thats what I did. I cannot believe anyone else that plays does it all the way by hand.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for these improvements, I am really excited about them!

I have a 120 imbuer that I spent weeks and tons of resources to train, but was thinking of training a second one. I can understand why some folks are unhappy, but if like me, they ever consider that they might want to train another imbuer, the wider focus and better gains will be a boon.

Removing the special restrictions for imbuing arties will make quite a few of the subpar ones much more useful. Counter balanced by the fact that they cannot be pof'd. Plus the better ones mostly have more than 500 already, so that will limit overpowered stuff.

The damage conversion is kinda double edged tho. While it's nice to get a free property, I too, rely on them for unravelling fodder (it's 1 of the 100% mods available on low level mobs, like slayers, FC, SC, MR2).

I do have 1 suggestion though, when unravelling bags, can you remove the recursive loop for containers within it? Just in case for careless folks like me. It's not much of a problem to target and unravel each container individually.

F

Fink

Oh please, the first ones to GM-120 it, did it while sleeping, I don't care what they say...
I swear to god I hit every keystroke one at a time...
Same here. I didn't even bother with UO:Assist as I ended up imbuing low-end runics whose totals were all over the place & there was no set pattern to what I was doing.

As for how quickly some of us achieved 120 Imbuing, some simply wanted to train up as a priority, as opposed to being the first to get item x from the expansion, or being the first to kill monster y, etc, so we sat there and did the math and the clicking. In terms of gameplay it was awful but the payoff was worth it, to have a valuable craft skill again.

As for the skill gain changes, I have mixed feelings. I'm not bitter about having done Imbuing the hard & expensive way but I do feel, if it's too accessible, everyone will simply have a mule to make their own stuff and there will be a loss of trade. My concern is not about having a monopoly, it's about having a healthy market. I don't know what prices are like on some other shards but I have been making a decent living on a small shard without ripping people off.

I'm happy with the way enhancing vs imbuing works in this revision, not sure about imbuing artifacts, but I'll be glad to have daemon bone and scale to work.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pfft, get real. I did it in the first 3 or 4 days all by hand. I did not even use a UOA macro. And seeing as how UO was scripter free for at least a week after SA launched it would seem that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Everyone was posting how they used a UOA macro, yeah ok, you and everyone else sat there for 18-24 hrs straight working a skill...yeah ,ok.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone was posting how they used a UOA macro, yeah ok, you and everyone else sat there for 18-24 hrs straight working a skill...yeah ,ok.
I did, but it was 4 uoassist macros. I finished my imbuer at 3pm EST on day 3. It was 2 1/2 wonderful days of clicking away. I was surprised how many lazy peeps there were on my shard though. I didn't see another imbuer spamming away at Luna until nearly 2 full weeks after I finished my toon.

I

Ivorythorn

Hrm... everything looks okay to me, but I consider this a game, not a way of life. Some of you people over-react. They may or may not make some changes to this publish, after all that's why it's on the test center. When it is finally published to the production shards, if you think it's unbalancing, or you feel it's destroying your profits, then you can always whine and quit for a while.rolleyes:

IT'S A GAME! If you make a living off of UO then adapt to these changes. If you can't then well too bad. That's life.

I look forward to the changes, and will give the appropiate feedback.

Ivorythorn

U

UOKaiser

We were using by hand the first few days then uoassist mostly after one of our members posted a good uoassit macro but some winged it. Most did it by hand though for those 12-23 hour straight. It was actually a fun skill to get up it didn't get boring as gains came quick while staying by 10 at a time range. Took me longer as I was doing everything by hand the second day then switch to uoassit macro after. Made it to 70 by hand from 40 buy and uoassit it with multiple macros the rest of the way. 110-120 was gruesome.

It's a well known fact that the script program was out of commision for a long while.
Post to refer to
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=159825
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=159245
And many more during that time frame.
Could refer to the website itself if you like to confirm and look for all there post during that time frame.
It was down for maybe 3 weeks or more after SA patch hit the client.

F

Fink

I was surprised how many lazy peeps there were on my shard though. I didn't see another imbuer spamming away at Luna until nearly 2 full weeks after I finished my toon.
I noticed perhaps five other people training it over the days that I did it, and I've only really seen 3-4 of us regularly vending wares since then (obviously doesn't include guild artificers). Even so, prices came down dramatically and have settled at a reasonable level.

S

Salya Sin

The argument that because the patch makes gaining Imbuing easier will result in everyone doing it... is simply NOT true. I know of ALOT of players who don't bother with crafters. They simply buy whatever they need or ask a friend or guild mate to make something. Imbuing will be no different.
AND lets not forget that Imbuing was supposed to accompany Mysticism but was so hard to gain on that no one in the spell-casting community bothered to even try.

I raised imbuing up to almost 50 and said forget it. I have GM tinkering, carpentry, and tailoring. Those were tedious as hell to gain... but imbuing was right out ridiculous. AND no matter what you make... it will eventually break. Oh yeah... my point... Imbuing is sooo much more complicated than any other crafting skill... the ingredients, probabilities and possibilities, AND the equations are complicated enough to keep most players from bothering. So the imbuing community (vendors) are safe in my opinion... it will just mean that things might get cheaper (which is a problem why?) and ingredients (relics) will not be such a ridiculous money maker either. I assume this is what the Dev's intended.

That said... I know of a few faction-ers who will be LIVID! They kind of liked having the corner on PvP with their faction gear. I do believe this will level the field... make it more about skill and less about what you were able to buy/loot/create.

Time to dust off my Imbuing skill... although I can say honestly that my gear will probably not change on any of my characters. There is no reason... but for the new players or PvPers... this is a good thing.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I didn't even bother with UO:Assist as I ended up imbuing low-end runics whose totals were all over the place & there was no set pattern to what I was doing.

As for how quickly some of us achieved 120 Imbuing, some simply wanted to train up as a priority, as opposed to being the first to get item x from the expansion, or being the first to kill monster y, etc, so we sat there and did the math and the clicking. In terms of gameplay it was awful but the payoff was worth it, to have a valuable craft skill again.

As for the skill gain changes, I have mixed feelings. I'm not bitter about having done Imbuing the hard & expensive way but I do feel, if it's too accessible, everyone will simply have a mule to make their own stuff and there will be a loss of trade. My concern is not about having a monopoly, it's about having a healthy market. I don't know what prices are like on some other shards but I have been making a decent living on a small shard without ripping people off.

I'm happy with the way enhancing vs imbuing works in this revision, not sure about imbuing artifacts, but I'll be glad to have daemon bone and scale to work.
I'm happy for the casual player to get a break. Let's be honest. We already made the money... The money is always in doing things very rapidly. Imbued items are selling fairly cheaply now, if they are selling at all. I've got huge customers. I just made a whole lot more money selling resources than selling imbued items. I only charge a million per imbued piece if people provide the special resources anyway. There's no money in that since the last imbue is usually less than 12%.

I don't mind if everyone that plays has a 120 imbuer. It seems pretty much like they already did anyway. My icq rings day and night with people wanting this or that who don't want to go get it themselves. There's going to be even more of that now with this influx of new imbuers.

Imbuing is HARD. A lot of people will find they just can't work it all out. Maybe it will be much simpler now that we can work with enhanced items to begin with. I try to never enhance anything for anyone. I've got max skills and 29-30 tallys for pretty much anything and it still breaks almost every time. I like making things for people when I have time. I don't enjoy breaking them. I wish there was a way the people could see what happens themselves instead of having to trust us when we say it broke. How can anyone really trust someone on some of these incredible items?

I've gone with 100% imbued and arti suits now for the most part. My armor doesn't take all that much damage anyway most days. My weapons are different. I only use one of them that's imbued. I did make a turkey-killing 100% poison normal bow. That thing is SWEET.

I said in the beginning that imbuing would totally unbalance this game, and it did.

I just want to be able to imbue one type of thing in the whole world. I'm holding my breath now because I have a whole LOT of them.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The max durability of Imbued items should be 100/100 and be completely unrepairable. These items should ware out quick for a couple of reasons.

1) To create a constant demand for new imbued items.
2) To ensure that real (naturally spawning) items are always more attractive than imbued ones.

The current repair system for imbued items allows them to last for waaay too long even though you cant powder them.

...and do you know what would REALLY balance imbuing? CURSE THEM. Yep, thats right. You shouldn't be able to insure any imbued item. Easy come, easy go.

I would settle for the durability changes tho!

U

UOKaiser

The argument that because the patch makes gaining Imbuing easier will result in everyone doing it... is simply NOT true. I know of ALOT of players who don't bother with crafters. They simply buy whatever they need or ask a friend or guild mate to make something. Imbuing will be no different.
AND lets not forget that Imbuing was supposed to accompany Mysticism but was so hard to gain on that no one in the spell-casting community bothered to even try.

I raised imbuing up to almost 50 and said forget it. I have GM tinkering, carpentry, and tailoring. Those were tedious as hell to gain... but imbuing was right out ridiculous. AND no matter what you make... it will eventually break. Oh yeah... my point... Imbuing is sooo much more complicated than any other crafting skill... the ingredients, probabilities and possibilities, AND the equations are complicated enough to keep most players from bothering. So the imbuing community (vendors) are safe in my opinion... it will just mean that things might get cheaper (which is a problem why?) and ingredients (relics) will not be such a ridiculous money maker either. I assume this is what the Dev's intended.

That said... I know of a few faction-ers who will be LIVID! They kind of liked having the corner on PvP with their faction gear. I do believe this will level the field... make it more about skill and less about what you were able to buy/loot/create.

Time to dust off my Imbuing skill... although I can say honestly that my gear will probably not change on any of my characters. There is no reason... but for the new players or PvPers... this is a good thing.
But a careful balance must be made. If players can just make what they want in minutes because they train a skill so easily and able to get resources at pennys why would they need dedicated crafters art all.
Now cheaper is bad. The Uo community are rich in terms of gold. Average amount of most players is over 100mil. Only 10% of all players if that are actually new and even less stay. The gap between the insanely rich and the insanely poor is extremly large. The only way for the insanely poor to make enough to get closer to insanely rich is foir the insanely rich to transfer there gold to the insanely poor by means of trade.
If resources are cheap and the rich players which is most of UO only need to transfer pennies to those resource hunting players that spend hours upon hours hunting to make a measly penny then those players will never ever even hope to make it to gold levels where they can afford to buy some of the more expensive items.
Especially relics where it takes high level items to make. The chain reaction goes straight down with bods and runics which agapite runics have droped from 8mil to 4mil gold runics i can't get rid of one over 1.6 mil verite runics down to 10mil valorite runics down to 13-15mil and that was just from the previous changes. There is just not enough new players to cater to with such cheap prices. Which no new player should have such high end items and abilities in a weeks time.
Making relics even cheaper will make these things even cheaper and not worth spending all this time doing it. Which will kill the craft if time does not=reward. Which seems to be the theme of SA spend more time on getting pennys in return I think something is definetely wrong with this picture. I said before I think the ones working on this only pvp,rp,and bank sit or are complete newbies when they do play uo. They forgo the crafting,merchant,rare,and many other communities who make the bulk of the subscribers and have made Uo unique among all others by standing the test of time. With the careful balance maintain by the players of supply/demand and the reason players need other players abilities and goods are getting harder and harder to keep in check lately. Then imbuing is suppose to be a crafting skill makes it pretty ironic.

Im glad that the unraveling thing is tougher at higher levels and enhacement of armor and artifacts is fine too. But It seems like it keeps going into this direction where everyone can get everything in minutes by themselves not needing dedicated crafters or merchants while everyone just holds on to there millions-billions never needing to spend a little of it to make vender or services purchases.

L

LadyMargaret

I think this is just more towards the lack of community from the old days of UO.

Crafters used to matter. Being a GM of a tradecraft was something important, and something to be proud of. It took hard work, long hours and a lot of dedication to be a GM. Now it seems if some people whine that it's hard UO will just make it easier to get.

[I remember, way, way back, when I was bound and determined to GM my Smith. We did not, as yet, have a GM Smith in the guild. Many hours of mining, many nights working the hot forge. Then one afternoon I hit a solid run of gains, I contacted 2 of my guildmates, they spent hours mining ore to help me on the push to 100. THAT was a sense of community.]

As said above, why does anyone need a community of crafters when you can just whip up a Legendary tradesman on your own? Too hard? Oh, just ask and they'll make it easier.

Sigh.

S

Salya Sin

But a careful balance must be made. If players can just make what they want in minutes because they train a skill so easily and able to get resources at pennys why would they need dedicated crafters art all.
Now cheaper is bad. The Uo community are rich in terms of gold. Average amount of most players is over 100mil. Only 10% of all players if that are actually new and even less stay. The gap between the insanely rich and the insanely poor is extremly large. The only way for the insanely poor to make enough to get closer to insanely rich is foir the insanely rich to transfer there gold to the insanely poor by means of trade.
If resources are cheap and the rich players which is most of UO only need to transfer pennies to those resource hunting players that spend hours upon hours hunting to make a measly penny then those players will never ever even hope to make it to gold levels where they can afford to buy some of the more expensive items.
Especially relics where it takes high level items to make. The chain reaction goes straight down with bods and runics which agapite runics have droped from 8mil to 4mil gold runics i can't get rid of one over 1.6 mil verite runics down to 10mil valorite runics down to 13-15mil and that was just from the previous changes. There is just not enough new players to cater to with such cheap prices. Which no new player should have such high end items and abilities in a weeks time.
Making relics even cheaper will make these things even cheaper and not worth spending all this time doing it. Which will kill the craft if time does not=reward. Which seems to be the theme of SA spend more time on getting pennys in return I think something is definetely wrong with this picture. I said before I think the ones working on this only pvp,rp,and bank sit or are complete newbies when they do play uo. They forgo the crafting,merchant,rare,and many other communities who make the bulk of the subscribers and have made Uo unique among all others by standing the test of time. With the careful balance maintain by the players of supply/demand and the reason players need other players abilities and goods are getting harder and harder to keep in check lately. Then imbuing is suppose to be a crafting skill makes it pretty ironic.

Im glad that the unraveling thing is tougher at higher levels and enhacement of armor and artifacts is fine too. But It seems like it keeps going into this direction where everyone can get everything in minutes by themselves not needing dedicated crafters or merchants while everyone just holds on to there millions-billions never needing to spend a little of it to make vender or services purchases.
Gosh... what shard do you play on? I don't know anyone with 100mil. I've never had more than 9mil at any given time and I always had less than 300k up until last year. AND I'm a daily player who does spawns... shops... sells... etc.

As for the rest of your argument... I can see where you are coming from... BUT... for myself... it's no different than anything else in this game. There are few crafters willing to make anything... so no matter what... things will sell. I am just tired of the MILLIONS everyone charges for ridiculous items. During Halloween and Thanksgiving... 250k for a corn stalk... 30 mil for that stupid cloak from the blue crystal quest... and this was while the events were still going. All those prices doubled, at least, afterwards.

I think that if everyone wants to avoid having every player start a crafting character... don't be stupid with your prices. People will buy things... spend gold... you'll make money... (maybe not enough to amass 100 mil) and Luna will stop being this over-priced monster that just about everyone complains about.

J

Jhym

VERY cool, Wilki, thanks for telling us that.

I always wondered how the difficulty was scaled, the focus was the part I was missing.

It would be interesting, though, to know when the bonuses for the city and queen's forge are added to the calculation.

As for the change, I'm all for it; I see imbuing as something everyone should have and use, not just those with 80 hours a week or those with billions of gold.

I'm a little sad that some of my pieces will never be imbuable, but I can live with it since I can make others just as good.

A

altarego

It's "possible", but since unraveling is difficulty based, you'll stop gaining from unraveling items that are easier to get before you get to GM, much less 120.

This mostly helps those who are lower in skill, while still leaving the small chance that someone with higher skill might get an occasional 0.1 gain from unraveling an unwanted artifact for a relic fragment.

Keep in mind that the difficulty of the unravel attempt is set at 2 times the item's base total intensity. So, an item with 200 intensity will have a difficulty of 400, which translates to 40 skill. Since unraveling had a focus value of 70, you take half that, 35, and add it to 40 to get 75 skill. What that means is that you will never gain a point of imbuing skill unraveling a 200 intensity item past 75 imbuing skill.

In short, you'd need an awful lot of high intensity items to gain significant amounts of skill at higher levels via unraveling.

*Disclaimer*
This is going to be complicated and confusing to read, so stop here if you don't really, really care about how it all works under the hood :sad3:

The way the skill gain system works depends on three values: your skill, the difficulty of the attempt, and the focus value of the skill. The focus value represents the "window" of skill values where it's possible to gain from the attempt, and it's centered at the difficulty of the attempt. So, in our case, the difficulty is 40, with a focus window of 70. That means that you have a chance to gain if your skill level is anywhere from 35 points below or above 40 skill (in this case, that means anywhere from 5-75 imbuing skill) Anything below that, and it's too hard, anything above that, and it's too easy.

So, to even have the tiniest chance to gain at, say, 115 imbuing skill, you'd need to unravel something with a difficulty of 80 (115-35). UO uses a 1000 scale internally for skill values, so 80 becomes 800 for the purposes of calculating the chance to gain. Since the difficulty of a given unravel attempt is double its intensity value, you'd need an item with half the difficulty value, which would be 400 intensity, to have the slightest chance at gaining a point of skill at 115 imbuing.
Wilki

First of all, It's really great to see you posting here!

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Second, It all looks great to me, and I'm looking forward to checking it out when I get home.

Third, I Really Really appreciate your disclaimer! I really tried to read it but my eyes began glassing over!
Seriously, this.

It doesn't even matter if this totally screws the pooch. The very fact that they're trying and we're evolving makes me happy. It'll work out in the end...it always has.

U

UOKaiser

Gosh... what shard do you play on? I don't know anyone with 100mil. I've never had more than 9mil at any given time and I always had less than 300k up until last year. AND I'm a daily player who does spawns... shops... sells... etc.

As for the rest of your argument... I can see where you are coming from... BUT... for myself... it's no different than anything else in this game. There are few crafters willing to make anything... so no matter what... things will sell. I am just tired of the MILLIONS everyone charges for ridiculous items. During Halloween and Thanksgiving... 250k for a corn stalk... 30 mil for that stupid cloak from the blue crystal quest... and this was while the events were still going. All those prices doubled, at least, afterwards.

I think that if everyone wants to avoid having every player start a crafting character... don't be stupid with your prices. People will buy things... spend gold... you'll make money... (maybe not enough to amass 100 mil) and Luna will stop being this over-priced monster that just about everyone complains about.
Atlantic of course :) Shard of merchants,crafts and competition. All my circle got so much gold that it puts me to shame.
Those incresed prices for those items are heat of the moment prices. The event sellers where a broke person can make there millions quick. For the time it took and dedication to get those rare useful robes they deserved that money. Though the other day I bought 3 of the ones with luck for 5mil each from a good friend of mines and sold just 1 of them for 10mil. I wanted to keep the other 2.
It's all about supply and demand. If people price relics to what 25-50k each then arts will drop even lower and everything else will dip aong with it. I am one of many in atlantic and other shards who beleive that there should be a balance between merchant and player. The gold available out there is unbeliveble since the numerous dupes many many years ago with checks. With gold never leaving the system it only get tranfered hands. If such high end items get so cheap that I can buy multiple shards worth of relics whithout even putting a dent in my funds then Imagine how players who spend effort getting these get cheated on potential profits. Especially dedicated crafters and merchants. If making stone tables made 200k each they would be all around but as it stands now you be lucky to find a vender because the reward is not worth the effort.
Back in the days 100k was the same as todays 100mil so when pricing items you have to look at the inflation.

Now that you said that you never had 9mil at a given time If your on atlantic give me a shout and I will give you items that sell and are worth lets say 5mil on the condition you don't use them and just sell them at market value :) So you can get a feel at the gold thats out there.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice changes imo, artifacts usually have high / over the cap intensities and 4-5 mods so doubt we'll see any über arties at least.. I'm concerned about archers getting 1.25sec swing with heavy crossbows though..

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sold my Kanmare and Vytacca greeting sashes for 8 millions, within 5 minutes of announcing them.

All the while there was a guy running around and giving one million checks away to people who would just check out his website where of course he was selling UO stuff for real money.

While I was there he handed at least 50 million... and dropped the remaining 8 mil on the ground as he looked like he had to go.

The guild Blacktower has been distributing one million checks to noobs in haven for months... only in exchange for their soul... it's a nice trade, some say !

F

Fink

Nice changes imo, artifacts usually have high / over the cap intensities and 4-5 mods so doubt we'll see any über arties at least.. I'm concerned about archers getting 1.25sec swing with heavy crossbows though..
If they produce a couple of anomalous uberartifacts they can either patch them out (complicated) or simply change the rule back and let the existing ones deplete durability down to uselessness.

In any case, I feel confident that the playerbase contains enough "cops" to point out any foibles in this swathe of changes.. the question is, will the Devils respond?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who's Sandy ? hmm...

Anyways, when I trained Ahu for macemanship, I went all the way to full stats, a nicely balanced character, but because I did not have dozens of millions to pay for the high end items in game to compete. My friend could kick my butt in about 3.2 seconds average, there was nothing I could do. I mean it... and my equipment cost a few millions on its own, but I wasn't even close to competitive.

I mean it, nothing, so this game isn't about skills or skills or skills anymore. It's become tiers and collective.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deamon Bone armor *drools*

What about the old deamon bone, it has self repair on it?

nice changes I like it!

D

Der Rock

how about the option to completly remove a unneeded mod ?
examples like night sight, lower requirement, it should be possible to replace them with usefull things ;)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok if an item is made with spine and has less then 100 Luck is 100 the cap it can be raised to?
It was the thing I noticed with the Luckblade made from iron. Comes with the 20 luck but could only be imbued to 100 before enhancing, Didn't stack.

The color invasion armor could be imbued,enhanced and altered. Piont someone brought up is it is bare bones iron with no GM crafted + Arms Lore bonus. So that Blood Plate is still just for fun mule armor.

The ranger armor has been enhancable for ages. And imbuable. I just hope the ones I have done with spine can be raised to 140 not 100.

Someone doing test see if they slipped the HCI for shields in? Those old Invul shields I enhanced will make a nice rare uber shields under the new. If not the HCI the shields could use an imbue slot for 1-4 resist per element like the old shields. Also can the Horselord have it's slayers changed or does it wipe both or replace both with one?

All theese imbuing changes is real NICE. But, I would have had the lame loot on the uber creatures in the Abyss as a higher priority.

While someone of note may read this. House teleporters shooting off pets and renown spawning as normals two new things that popped up last night. Oh and make all the mask types craftable.

S

Smokin

I really don't understand how it was hard to 120, I did it by hand somewhat, I did use UOA macro to reimbue things 10 times but other then that I did it by hand. Also I did not use the crazy expensive way that is posted on stratics.

I used DC, shadow, and copper hammers to make daggers then I looked at each dagger to see what the chances were with 1 luck or 2 dispel if it had luck. If chances were around 70 or under I knew I could raise to 19 luck and only use one residue and one gem, yes it was a little time consuming but my gains increased for cheaper. If the chances were to high I would put those daggers away and wait a few full points of skill and try again. If the chances were too low I would unravel. Each time I hit a new area I would move up a hammer to make items in closer to my gaining range. It probably works even easier now but I really don't mind.

Honestly it did not take long to actually 120 the skill by making things, I say maybe a total of 36 to tops 48 hours of working it. In actual time it took me like 5 days I think to finish it, it took more time to get things to unravel then to actually imbue things for gains. Others had the advantage of finding certain woods to get the residue or had them stockpiled, getting the ingredients have always been the harder part in crafting.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Seriously, this.

It doesn't even matter if this totally screws the pooch. The very fact that they're trying and we're evolving makes me happy. It'll work out in the end...it always has.
very true and you are correct
nice to see positive:thumbup1: posts

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I really don't understand how it was hard to 120, I did it by hand somewhat, I did use UOA macro to reimbue things 10 times but other then that I did it by hand. Also I did not use the crazy expensive way that is posted on stratics.

I used DC, shadow, and copper hammers to make daggers then I looked at each dagger to see what the chances were with 1 luck or 2 dispel if it had luck. If chances were around 70 or under I knew I could raise to 19 luck and only use one residue and one gem, yes it was a little time consuming but my gains increased for cheaper. If the chances were to high I would put those daggers away and wait a few full points of skill and try again. If the chances were too low I would unravel. Each time I hit a new area I would move up a hammer to make items in closer to my gaining range. It probably works even easier now but I really don't mind.

Honestly it did not take long to actually 120 the skill by making things, I say maybe a total of 36 to tops 48 hours of working it. In actual time it took me like 5 days I think to finish it, it took more time to get things to unravel then to actually imbue things for gains. Others had the advantage of finding certain woods to get the residue or had them stockpiled, getting the ingredients have always been the harder part in crafting.
nice when you have the hammers most dont also if you had masses of certain mats it was easier also but for some it was from nearly scratch

took me about a week and that was 5-8 hours a day hunting mats and such
and to be honest That was to easy the skill needs to be harder not easier to gain
to me its becoming like wow easiest game i have ever played no pain no gain
but thats just my thoughts ! have played most every game from dnd to uo
i like to work for my gains it seems to make it sweeter to me
but the game is getting old and now its to the point lets just give em what they want to keep em coming back ! but in the end it makes for a short game !

F

Fink

Deamon Bone armor *drools*

What about the old deamon bone, it has self repair on it?

nice changes I like it!
If it works like other loot with self repair, that mod will be lost when you imbue it.

C

Coragin

After testing this out on test, I am impressed. You really have to drop a lot off of almost all the arties to put something else on them. Others that were worthless can get a boost, like the alchemist bauble that was basicly for your mule. Here are some thoughts I would like to see.

1. Allow us to lower the intensity on any item, even if lowering it just 5 will still have it above the cap. Example, I tried to lower the HLL, HSL and HML on Soul Seeker, it would not let me, because it was still over the limit of 450 or 500. Now if you guys would allow that, it would make it much better. My intent was to lower two of the three hit mods to 1% then try to add something different.

2. Allow us to remove certain mods completely or have them not count towards the 5. Damage Increase comes to mind here. Or at very least allow the crafting of a weapon and no arms lore to yield no damage increase, This is most annoying to me because my suits have 100 DI on them anyways.

3. If a mod is on an item it normally cant be, like +skill on armor, allow us to lower it (never raise or swap it). This will allow for some of the more useless arties to possibly get an armor resist boost.

4. Please lower the weight on Residue, Essence and Relics to that of the gems or regs. Since I now have 3 Legendary Imbuers, I can tell you its a pita to run to a soul forge and you cant carry all your items with you because those specific items weigh so much.

5. Please allow the resources that can be mined and or lumberjacked to be gotten in the old lands as well only if you have the expansion. Just like the big gems for the elf expansion. It is more difficult to goto and I really dont like bringing my crafter to the new lands, I like walking with my fire beetle in ish, tyvm.

6. Last and possibly one of the most important things that has been mentioned so many times. Please allow imbued items to be set to a certain durability upon initial imbue, 150, 255 something liek that. Or make a quest for imbuers similar to bods where they can get an item that will up the durability of an imbued item. But, it only has one charge and the item cannot have it done multiple times, just once. I love imbuing, but I had doing bod's. And as it sits now, the only way to get pof is if you are a smith. Which makes the tailor/carp/bowcrafter SOL and have to buy them at uber inflated prices. Before imbuing, 25-50k, after 100k-400k for a POF, thats insane.

S

Shiloh

so how exactly will these changes make imbuing easier? Other then a few less clicks I mean? I have been trying to raise it for weeks and its slow as all get out.. maybe Im doing it wrong.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

ROFL omg ... Imbuing is going to be so ****ing easy now ... you can imbue special material items? You get more per unravels AND skill gain checks? Man ... UO just officially made 120 imbuing and relics common.

Hahaha. :popcorn:
Good!

So now the casual gamer can have access to all the hi end pixels the powergamers hoard. That will make things less valuable....so not hard to replace if lost. Making it less of a PITA to play something like Siege since most are afraid to lose their GM armor.

I don`t see the problem with imbuing made cheap and easy since everyone has access to it and ultimately will make even hi end items available to all players....not just the rich ones.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm personally glad for the changes. Those who worked their fingers sore training the skill when it first came out have gotten the benefit of control of the market for the last few months. It really is illogical in my opinion to get upset about it being easier when its meant to balance the game mechanics and put players on similar footings in PvP. PvP was imbalanced before because of the cost of putting together a good suit was difficult for the casual player. Having a skill so incredibly expensive or time consuming to train with gathering materials themselves which is meant to give balance, seems counter productive.
No need for me to craft an eloquent endorsement for the proposed changes, Assia has already done so and I agree wholeheartedly :)

M

Maggie

I do not think that the casual player or weekend player will enjoy using this skill even if they can train it easily now. It is awesome but it is also complicated and mathmatical. It takes time and thought to plan out items. I think most will quit or train and never use.

also I like these ideas :

1. Allow us to lower the intensity on any item, even if lowering it just 5 will still have it above the cap. Example, I tried to lower the HLL, HSL and HML on Soul Seeker, it would not let me, because it was still over the limit of 450 or 500. Now if you guys would allow that, it would make it much better. My intent was to lower two of the three hit mods to 1% then try to add something different.

2. Allow us to remove certain mods completely or have them not count towards the 5. Damage Increase comes to mind here. Or at very least allow the crafting of a weapon and no arms lore to yield no damage increase, This is most annoying to me because my suits have 100 DI on them anyways.

3. If a mod is on an item it normally cant be, like +skill on armor, allow us to lower it (never raise or swap it). This will allow for some of the more useless arties to possibly get an armor resist boost.

4. Please lower the weight on Residue, Essence and Relics to that of the gems or regs. Since I now have 3 Legendary Imbuers, I can tell you its a pita to run to a soul forge and you cant carry all your items with you because those specific items weigh so much.

5. Please allow the resources that can be mined and or lumberjacked to be gotten in the old lands as well only if you have the expansion. Just like the big gems for the elf expansion. It is more difficult to goto and I really dont like bringing my crafter to the new lands, I like walking with my fire beetle in ish, tyvm.
especially #5

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2. Or at very least allow the crafting of a weapon and no arms lore to yield no damage increase, This is most annoying to me because my suits have 100 DI on them anyways.

6. Last and possibly one of the most important things that has been mentioned so many times. Please allow imbued items to be set to a certain durability upon initial imbue, 150, 255 something liek that. Or make a quest for imbuers similar to bods where they can get an item that will up the durability of an imbued item. But, it only has one charge and the item cannot have it done multiple times, just once. I love imbuing, but I had doing bod's. And as it sits now, the only way to get pof is if you are a smith. Which makes the tailor/carp/bowcrafter SOL and have to buy them at uber inflated prices. Before imbuing, 25-50k, after 100k-400k for a POF, thats insane.
^^ these please :)

#2 isnt a huge problem if you can please make a check box, unchecked no di, checked di..
right now we can just buy npc stuff and live with the 450 weight.. but id rather have 500 exceptional and no di..

#4 is huge.. going to the queens forge takes a bit packing all that stuff with you.

#5 many people have their favorite places to mine or log, so getting every resource available in all the lands would be nice.. termur is very dangerous as the healers often get killed

#6!!! please please please :)

my legend tailor makes armor with 35 durability thats 2 1/2 cans of POF to get to 255 :(

actually instead of instant 255, i would like it more if you bumped up the crafting durability and have nothing to do with imbuing on this.. maybe like this..

100 durability at gm and +5 for every point above.. so 120 would be naturally making 200 durability items. or however you see fit.. it just sucks really bad when my legend tailor makes 35 durability armor :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agreed 100%. Don't forget too that these days a new or returning player on many shards (I'm sure there are exceptions if you play on a well-populated shard) will be stuck with mostly GM skills and crummy stats for quite a long time because everyone seems to be hoarding power and stat scrolls.

When the only power scrolls you can find for your template are 120s that mostly cost in the multi-millions and no one at all is selling stat scrolls, your choices are pretty bleak: join a spawning guild and hope for the best; weeks/months of constant farming low and middle-range monsters and hoping the scrolls you can find don't disappear or go up even higher in price by the time you've made enough gold to buy them; or give in to the temptation to buy gold from a broker with real life money.

If you're lucky, you might be able to join a PvM guild that hasn't succumbed to the greed and still has some 110 and 115 scrolls hanging around, but those supplies will be depleted eventually if the PvM guild doesn't give in to the insidious pressure by the devs to do champ spawns under the Fel rules. If they do have 120 scrolls on hand, I suspect they'd still be pretty stingy with handing them out to people they don't know well or who have not yet had a chance to prove their loyalty to the guild.

I'm not saying the scrolls of binding are a bad idea. I just think that unless the devs have something else up their sleeves that we haven't dreamed of, the situation for new/returning players is going to remain ugly for quite a while. The only idea I can come up with to fix the power and stat scroll problem is to make them obtainable by other means, but even I'm not delusional enough to think that will ever happen. It would upset the apple cart far too much.

Nope. I think UO's a dying, closed game with an economy that cannot be salvaged. I think we're being used as an experiment for concepts that EA/Mythic/Bioware or whoever the heck runs the show wants to try in other games. We're being given lots of candy to keep us loyal old-timers around to do the testing. But the idea of bringing in new players has, I think, been laid to rest.

U

UOKaiser

Good!

So now the casual gamer can have access to all the hi end pixels the powergamers hoard. That will make things less valuable....so not hard to replace if lost. Making it less of a PITA to play something like Siege since most are afraid to lose their GM armor.

I don`t see the problem with imbuing made cheap and easy since everyone has access to it and ultimately will make even hi end items available to all players....not just the rich ones.
You looking at it only in a pvp stand point. The rich will remain rich and the poor will remain poor. Struggling merchants,crafters,and pvm will never be able to catch up this way when other items are worth 100 times as much and gold out there is beyond imagining.yet they will have to sell there relics and items they craft for pennys. Including everyother crafting system which get hit by the changes especially bods.
It's like someone told the pvp crowed we will now have power scrolls and stat scrolls in trammel facet champ spawns.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wili or Dev-Whoever,

There is a bug in unraveling a Spell Channeling/ FC Item. It's counted as 2 properties correctly, but I think you only get 100 points in the unravel equation....I've tested 30-40 Spell Channel/FC weapon that should be relic frags and I ALWAYS get an essance.

Q

R

RavenWinterHawk

The max durability of Imbued items should be 100/100 and be completely unrepairable. These items should ware out quick for a couple of reasons.

1) To create a constant demand for new imbued items.
2) To ensure that real (naturally spawning) items are always more attractive than imbued ones.

The current repair system for imbued items allows them to last for waaay too long even though you cant powder them.

...and do you know what would REALLY balance imbuing? CURSE THEM. Yep, thats right. You shouldn't be able to insure any imbued item. Easy come, easy go.

I would settle for the durability changes tho!

Absolutely Right. 100. Repairable though.