• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Imbuing Changes Going to Test Center 1 Today!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That said, unfortunately there were a few more items that we found that aren't compatible with the imbuing system, either technically or for balance reasons, and they won't be allowed to be imbued. However, there are a lot less of those items than prior to the publish.

I hope you enjoy trying out the new combinations as much as I have :)
Wilki, will you guys be forthcoming with any kind of list as to what is and is not after the publish goes live on all shards.

I suppose it is a bit late now, but I'll have to get cracking on my origin imbuer if I am to be of any use in the continued(?) quest to balance this skill, or would you say we are fairly close to done at this point?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will hereby recant my accusations about UOKaiser...I apologize for jumping the gun, and making what I can see only as unfounded accusations.

I am sorry.

I hope I don't ever see you defend scriters...I thought I had, but as far as I can see, I was mistaken.

Please accept my apology. I should have checked first...my bad.

U

UOKaiser

I read your posts...did you read mine...key words Bolded for your edification:

So...if I am incorrect that you are the person on these boards that tells others to look at the benefits that Scripters bring to the game, in saved Carpal Tunnel, et al...then I do apologize.

But I am pretty sure that you have condoned or justified scripts and scripters (Cheating) in the past...which was my point, then.

YOU say "Scripting is OK...it doesn't hurt anyone"...then come on here crying about how it will cheapen the work needed to get 120 imbuing, if they put these changes in?

I am pretty sure I am on the mark...but if I am off base, I can accept that as well.

I am open minded...and hopefully not too forgetful... :)

I don't have a stance on it...because I take the game as it comes. I watched them sell advanced characters, after I developed all mine from scratch. That's the way it goes...didn't please me, but that's the way life goes.

If you are ever in Luna on Pac...you might drop by my house. It's pretty big. The vendors haven't been stocked in a while due to RL obligations, but if I am not a Merchant-Crafter, not sure what the 85 million is doing on my vendors.

Someone else musta done that to me...

Anyway...point is...not much fun to watch all your hard work just go away, is it? Next time you get a chance to chime in on Scripters that gather resources, before you tell us all how much they "Help" the game...you may want to recall this conversation, maybe.

Or...maybe not...:mf_prop:
My stance on scripters is they always being around will always being around I neither condem or say go be one. SA client pretty much is heading to be able to do everything they can so it doesn't really matter. Those who sell the items cheap either be a scripter or a player that doesn't know market price gets bought up by me "I wouldn't know if it was a vender of either anyway"if I see it I will resell it at market price or lower so scripters are never a issue. Dupers are different which will saturate the market in no possible way anybody can keep up. Ea nerf almost the same as dupers when they make items easily available or useless will bring the price down to levels that cannot be justified for the amount of work a player does for it. Griefers annoy me with no end as they just love the griefting. PVP I like cause they always pay big for things and like orders of potions or other things that lets my crafter side come out and play. I join them when I have the time usually for some memories of the old days I was pretty good back then. Still hold my ground now.
Thats my stance on that subject.

Now 85 mil is not alot just enough to buy a house teleporter and 10 mil left over. But that was my point some items are worth money but many high end items are too cheap at the moment. Think like this in a hypothetical situation down the line if things keep going the way they are you have 85 mil and you mainly pvm,pvp, or whatever that requires a high end suit. Now you can complete your suit with only wasting 1 mil the maximum and this is one of your goals. 1 mil out of 85mil is nothing to you to get what you want. The person selling the suit had no choice to place it at 1mil cause many people have there own resources to make the items and competition is over saturated in that market. Unfortunetely in order for that person to make that suit he/she had to hunt a couple of days and research the best way to make it. Couple of days of work for 1 mil? While people like us don't need to spend anything to get what we want and just trow a few crumbs at that poor struggling merchant to get his best equipment. Now this is still in the future hasn't gotten to that point yet but it is heading there. The massive amount of gold is out there the only way a poorer player will get a piece of that pie is if that gold trickels down to them.
Now it's strange I be a advocate for the poorer player. If they remain poor or finaly make it to other levels doesn't really effect me personaly. To be honest I just want the market to remain semi balanced in turn this benefits the poorer players so at this point both of our goals are the same.

Dare I even put the amount of work that it takes to get bod rewards and the price they going for do not correspond "exception pof" and there is no current dupe out there go figure people are just not buying anymore which means we need a new product that is difficult to gather but profitable to sell.

Sadly things are changing can't do much about it and will adjust. But the warning is out there don't forget the crafters-merchants. SA was suppose to be a boom to crafters and it was but crafters make items because they can sell it. Crafters who don't sell there items stop being crafters after they finish making what they want.
Things are getting a little too easy some things needed to be easier other things needed to be harder but like always everything is haywired.

Like I said it's just a premonition of the future depending how long the game last. Well the game will last as long as it still remains profitable if it fails to generate income UO will be gone no matter what. One thing that keep players in game is knowing there is something to achieve.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I just spent like 45 minutes trying to answer this question and I can't. Is there a commands on TC1 that will provide the imbuing ingredients like essence of control?

U

UOKaiser

I will hereby recant my accusations about UOKaiser...I apologize for jumping the gun, and making what I can see only as unfounded accusations.

I am sorry.

I hope I don't ever see you defend scriters...I thought I had, but as far as I can see, I was mistaken.

Please accept my apology. I should have checked first...my bad.
I accept your apology. I understand how my point of view puts me on the other side of the fence though I don't advacate people to do things nor defend. They just don't effect me at all. Though griefters do and many of them work under the disguise of script hunters willing to break rules to catch others that break rules. Some are misinformed and just don't understand macros or other mechanics of the game, others are the dangerous ones the crusaders who won't listen and can't reason. So am usually very against them to the point you can put me as a grief hunter and well that places me in the if your not with us your against us camp. Oh well.
I try to look at everything logicaly and keep emotions to the minimum works pretty good in guilds when people want to kick other people just because of emotions without seeing things logicaly.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I just spent like 45 minutes trying to answer this question and I can't. Is there a commands on TC1 that will provide the imbuing ingredients like essence of control?
To the best of my knowledge, no. If the answer is other I would like also to know about any additional commands or resource locations that are not immediately visible through the help menus.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the sig material, my little bunny made of cupcake batter!
LOL, is that supposed to bother me?

When "you" personally beat me with one of your mages (without having your hand held), I'll devote more time into playing a mage.

I'm up to 5% this week. Oh this mage thing is sooo fun! pfft

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, after reading the feedback here, and thinking it over, I decide not to add any special weighting to properties over the normal intensity limit or in item slots where they normally aren't found.

I decided this for various reasons, including the argument that the additional properties outside the norm add flavor and fun to the game while still being subject to the normal rules of imbuing, to the general desire to limit special cases when at all possible.

That said, unfortunately there were a few more items that we found that aren't compatible with the imbuing system, either technically or for balance reasons, and they won't be allowed to be imbued. However, there are a lot less of those items than prior to the publish.

I hope you enjoy trying out the new combinations as much as I have :)
Wilki,

It would really help to test these things if we had all the resources available on Test Center. Any chance of making all of the ingredients available?

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Wilki,

I have been playing around with imbuing all day and noticed something that I'm not sure was intended.

While trying to free up some property weight on the Resilient Bracer, I attempted to imbue 1 point of Resisting Spells, however, when I succeeded, I had a Resilient Bracer with +15 Resisting Spells and +1 Resisting Spells. When worn, I did get a 16 point increase.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daimyo's Helm
4 Properties
329/450 weight

Leggings of Bane Can lower the poison resist, not sure why you'd want to.
4 properties
616/450 weight

Bread of Dead
415/450

Arms of Tactical Excellence

Fey Leggings
Cant do anything with these

Pixies Swatter
Cant do anything with this

Helm of Swiftness
Cant do anything with this (what a let down)

Dryad Bow
382/450

Inquis Res

Berserker's Maul
Could we *ever* get this fixed to have the real 60% SSI cap on the weapon instead of the fake 75%?
375/450

Orcish Visage

Darkened Sky not much that's special, only 60% Hit Lightning

The blue are the ones that'll actually get a decent boost in ability.

-------------------------
My untested speculation

Gauntlets of Anger [Replica]
will become slightly useful, finally.

Oblivion's Needle [Replica]
So can we get rid of the -20 dci now?

Djinni's Ring [Replica]
should become very useful. Remember, jewlery has 500 max weight

Friends of the Library Feathered Hat
This is going to be the new gimp item.

Necromantic Reading Glasses
Might be able to add a small amount to these

Great review, very useful information.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accept your apology. I understand how my point of view puts me on the other side of the fence though I don't advacate people to do things nor defend. They just don't effect me at all. Though griefters do and many of them work under the disguise of script hunters willing to break rules to catch others that break rules. Some are misinformed and just don't understand macros or other mechanics of the game, others are the dangerous ones the crusaders who won't listen and can't reason. So am usually very against them to the point you can put me as a grief hunter and well that places me in the if your not with us your against us camp. Oh well.
I try to look at everything logicaly and keep emotions to the minimum works pretty good in guilds when people want to kick other people just because of emotions without seeing things logicaly.
OK...the bolded line is what I was referring to in my original post.

You say that Scripters don't effect you at all.

The Imbuing changes don't effect me at all...so I say let them make it easier for me to get a 120, since I haven't started one yet. To you that is a selfish and one sided statement. You're right. It is.

But wait...that IS what bothers YOU...Everyone will have the 120 Imbuer now...and you had to work very hard for yours...and now they go an "cheapen" it for you, and make it easier (through actual Game Mechanics) to make a 120 Imbuer.

That was precisely my point about scripters that you say "don't effect me at all" in the very beginning. Scripters cheapen all the hard work that folks not willing to risk their accounts go through the same work, sitting at their computers to produce the same results, without cheating.

So...I will now withdraw my apology, and tell you to enjoy the feeling of having all your hard work to make a 120 Imbuer get undermined...and not even by people breaking the TOS...just normal everyday people like me, who get the benefit of a game mechanic change, that is perfectly legal. Enjoy the feeling of items you used to be able to sell being worth a LOT less now, that everyonee will be able to make what used to be much tougher.

Again...no apology for you...scripters, if they are breaking the TOS, are Cheaters, and if you think they do not effect you...you are sadly mistaken. If you condone them by inaction or by trying to tell us all how they really don't hurt the game or effect you, I call baloney, as will every person with a shred of integrity, in my opinion.

I honestly thought I had mistaken you for someone else on the boards, but memory does serve me pretty well. The tripe you served up after my apology was very telling.

I won't forget again, I promise.

As to the amount of money on my vendors...85 million may not be much, but I did spend 750 million on the house in Luna, and haven't stocked my vendors in a year, and I have a back stock of stuff that would make your jaw hit the floor.

I do OK...I am happy with my results. And I don't cheat to get it. Nor do I knowingly support cheaters, and I DO page on people I suspect of cheating.

That's the best part. I don't cheat, nor do I support cheating through a blind eye, like some folks do. Ignoring a problem usually never makes it better, from my experiences.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, but that doesn't give the new imbuing resources.
You can only say it once per character and if you move a container while having too high item count then it will drop to the floor. You will need to consume the recipes first to lower the item count.

Start a new character. I know it works. It's a dark green container.

-Lorax

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only say it once per character and if you move a container while having too high item count then it will drop to the floor. You will need to consume the recipes first to lower the item count.

Start a new character. I know it works. It's a dark green container.

-Lorax
You are mistaken. Only the ML ingredients, relic fragments, enchanted essence and magical residue are given. Not the ingrediants that I mentioned above.

U

UOKaiser

OK...the bolded line is what I was referring to in my original post.

You say that Scripters don't effect you at all.

The Imbuing changes don't effect me at all...so I say let them make it easier for me to get a 120, since I haven't started one yet. To you that is a selfish and one sided statement. You're right. It is.

But wait...that IS what bothers YOU...Everyone will have the 120 Imbuer now...and you had to work very hard for yours...and now they go an "cheapen" it for you, and make it easier (through actual Game Mechanics) to make a 120 Imbuer.

That was precisely my point about scripters that you say "don't effect me at all" in the very beginning. Scripters cheapen all the hard work that folks not willing to risk their accounts go through the same work, sitting at their computers to produce the same results, without cheating.

So...I will now withdraw my apology, and tell you to enjoy the feeling of having all your hard work to make a 120 Imbuer get undermined...and not even by people breaking the TOS...just normal everyday people like me, who get the benefit of a game mechanic change, that is perfectly legal. Enjoy the feeling of items you used to be able to sell being worth a LOT less now, that everyonee will be able to make what used to be much tougher.

Again...no apology for you...scripters, if they are breaking the TOS, are Cheaters, and if you think they do not effect you...you are sadly mistaken. If you condone them by inaction or by trying to tell us all how they really don't hurt the game or effect you, I call baloney, as will every person with a shred of integrity, in my opinion.

I honestly thought I had mistaken you for someone else on the boards, but memory does serve me pretty well. The tripe you served up after my apology was very telling.

I won't forget again, I promise.

As to the amount of money on my vendors...85 million may not be much, but I did spend 750 million on the house in Luna, and haven't stocked my vendors in a year, and I have a back stock of stuff that would make your jaw hit the floor.

I do OK...I am happy with my results. And I don't cheat to get it. Nor do I knowingly support cheaters, and I DO page on people I suspect of cheating.

That's the best part. I don't cheat, nor do I support cheating through a blind eye, like some folks do. Ignoring a problem usually never makes it better, from my experiences.
I withdraw my accepting of your apology looks like your a crusader willing to break the TOS yourself to catch others breaking the TOS. You would page on a 1000 people with out even talking to them and hope you catch one. You are obssesed on his subject especially when I was talking about market related issues. You think it's gonna effect me if I can't sell stuff at high rates it actually benefits me because I will never need to use too much gold to buy anything I need. Sadly any upcoming merchant will be left in the dust.
You think I care too much if everyone will have imbuing in a day whithout work because it was difficult for me sorry am not a person that even complains if people have taming in a day.
Unfortunetely there will be no need for merchants and will be no market for crafters and merchants so imbuing is just not a marketing thing for us merchants. At least the resources still sell so that market still open but the end product ain't gonna be in demand including runic items or any monster loot. Have you not seen the prices of BOD rewards lately?

With the money I was making a example of the future. How would any player with less than 10 mil be able to make enough to get to 750 mil to buy a house without buying gold from a seller when all there products sell for 500k or nothing at all. I don't think hunting is gonna do it especailly whith essence going cheaper slowly as time goes by. The only reason champ scrolls are still high is because they are in demand and the spawns are usually under control of a couple of guilds. Less competition,less product and more demand brings the prices up. More Product.less demand,more competition brings the prices down. It's the nature of market. Once again resellers such like myself are immune to much of this type of market manipulation. Crafters and lower gold income merchants in UO are affected the most. I accepted the changes and am adapting like always.

Now back to this scripting thing, show me one way a scripter affects me negatively that I should stand up ignore my busy day and waste the money and time I have for UO and bring neverending pitchforks hold up the que for other players to them even though that would mean stabing like 50% of UO population "Im kind of outnumbered" Hell most of your friends probably are as well they just don't tell you. Show me how 1 of them affect my playstyle negatively that will not allow me to play a game. Not to mention I had to have a chat with a gm just yesturday because well I have no idea I was just feeding my plants someone must really have it out for me big griefting tool I tell you.

domii

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Lots of cool stuff can be imbued now. It is crazy. Old prepatch windsong & wildfire bows, those 50ssi bows from the last event. I just added ssi to a Taskmaster (lowered the hci), etc.