• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Most of us* would like a lot more Stable Slots...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Berethrain, I don't put any stock in your arguments because they are all flawed.
You have right to disagree, that's fine with me. But the argument was wants versus need. Plus you haven't answered me on how they'd balance this with the rest of the game?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In that case I ask EA give me 100B gold because this would make the game more enjoyable for me.
Berethrain, I don't put any stock in your arguments because they are all flawed. The tamers aren't asking to be given a token that would give them a max trained/max stat greater dragon. They are asking for the ability to attain additional pets. Now if you asked EA to implement the ability to possess 100B gold (I don't know if it's possible with lockdown limitations and what not), then that would be more similar to what tamers are asking for. You use an example which doesn't prove anything.
QFT

T

TheGrayGhost

You have right to disagree, that's fine with me. But the argument was wants versus need. Plus you haven't answered me on how they'd balance this with the rest of the game?
It's easy to balance this out. I have an idea, this will work garunteed. They can make a follower count and make the different pets cost different amount of follower points. Meaning you can have them in your stables BUT...... you can only have so many out at a time. Lets say put it at 5 and make some pets take up 1 follower slot and then the powerhouse pets can take 4-5!

Brilliant isn't it. So then tamers can have more pets but it doesn't throw anything out of balance!

:coco:

What exactly is the difference between having access to different pets for different things than say Slayer weapons and Spellbooks and Instruments? Or how about weapons that deal different dmg types? Weapons with Different specials?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it when you pick out part of something and do not respond to the whole part. You want balance the you may only have 1 of everything for all of your chars. Your wep better be UBW and your suit better me mage so all your chars. can use them and I will just keep my GD.
This whole argument of you can have any amount of bows where we can only have a few animals is moot since tamers can have the same amount of items plus their animals. That's why I haven't really bothered to respond to it all.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably a spare mare or three, or a white wyrm or four, or a dragon or two, or I could sell of some of the dread mares stuffing my stables, or gawd knows I have far more cu sidhes than anyone could possibly ride at any one time.

How about you?
Point is, if you didnt HAVE to lose some of your existing pets to get the new ones, would it effect anyone elses gameplay in any way shape or form? Would it be imbalancing in any way shape of form? I think the answer to both of these is no. What would it accomplish giving tamers more slots? It would make it more fun to play for a lot of tamers with no balance issues. Isnt fun supposed to be why we play this game?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let my idea sink again. Not stable slots, but way to store more pets and some more.

There is idea: pet conservation lotion token.

* it given once as gift token during next anniversary for every tamer. 1 token for 100 real taming skill, 2 tokens for 110 real skill, 3 tokens for 120 real skill.
* it can be purchased via store at $2.99 for one token or $9.99 for pack of 5 tokens
* it can be used on bonded pets only
* it can be used only by pet owner only
* on use it destroyed and as result it transform pet to ZOO display mode (yellow tag, can't walk, cant fight),
* pet in ZOO mode can be locked down in houses like parrots (or stored in bank box or secure containers in house).
* pet in ZOO mode have "owned by .." tag
* pet in ZOO mode have "examine" button to view pet stats/skills/resists/etc
* pet in ZOO mode can be reverted to original live state by pet owner only
* pet in ZOO mode not counted as follower
* pet in ZOO mode can't go wild

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's easy to balance this out. I have an idea, this will work garunteed. They can make a follower count and make the different pets cost different amount of follower points. Meaning you can have them in your stables BUT...... you can only have so many out at a time. Lets say put it at 5 and make some pets take up 1 follower slot and then the powerhouse pets can take 4-5!

Brilliant isn't it. So then tamers can have more pets but it doesn't throw anything out of balance!

:coco:

What exactly is the difference between having access to different pets for different things than say Slayer weapons and Spellbooks and Instruments? Or how about weapons that deal different dmg types? Weapons with Different specials?
That is the part he doesn't get. Out in the field a warrior can change, while a tamer has to go to a stable to change. Because we have more pets does not make us stronger in a dungon. Our weapon is our pet and we can not run and heal and change our wep in a dungon like a warrior.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* it given once as gift token during next anniversary for every tamer. 1 token for 100 real taming skill, 2 tokens for 110 real skill, 3 tokens for 120 real skill.
Maybe 1 token per acct for a vet reward?

* it can be purchased via store at $2.99 for one token or $9.99 for pack of 5 tokens
I'd be alright with this. If you want to pay for more then you should be able to. Balance would be cost.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the part he doesn't get. Out in the field a warrior can change, while a tamer has to go to a stable to change. Because we have more pets does not make us stronger in a dungon. Our weapon is our pet and we can not run and heal and change our wep in a dungon like a warrior.
Tamers can carry and change any weapon or mage item same as the rest of us. Most carry pet balls as far as ability to call animals in. I mean you're not going to call in a bunny to attack a peerless. At least I hope not. But calling in a GD certainly makes tamers a lot stronger in a dungeon.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sampire could pretty much handle any situation because I have the right weapon if I need another I just make it or go into my storage or bring it with me. Same goes for my mage plenty of spellbooks for ever situation.
You ARE not talking about some average uo player here.Just like the guy with the 3 keeps above your post.To achieve this,one needs to invest some serious dedicated time of gameplay or feed some scripters with real life money.
Balancing a game is about the average or above average player.A full Tamer can be built with 3x115 skill points or so.Another 355-375 left for other skills.Like magery,eval,med perhaps. Just needs time and no items or gold.And dont get me started about advanced char token and jewelry,takes 4 weeks now or less? So you get a godly pet tanking for you and you can dish out some damage and heal your pet. No money or much skill behind keyboard needed for this. Not much thinking about suit and combat tatics.And there should really be no disadvantages to this? Not the slightest?
If someone decides to collect animals of different colors,fine.Nothing against that,but he must live with the fact then that he plays a underpowered template perhaps,like many other players that do things just for fun and choose a strange template. You can solo everything in this game and craft every weapon you like,good for you.The question i ask you,why are you playing this game then,you can do everything now thats possible.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You ARE not talking about some average uo player here.Just like the guy with the 3 keeps above your post.To achieve this,one needs to invest some serious dedicated time of gameplay or feed some scripters with real life money.
Balancing a game is about the average or above average player.A full Tamer can be built with 3x115 skill points or so.Another 355-375 left for other skills.Like magery,eval,med perhaps. Just needs time and no items or gold.And dont get me started about advanced char token and jewelry,takes 4 weeks now or less? So you get a godly pet tanking for you and you can dish out some damage and heal your pet. No money or much skill behind keyboard needed for this. Not much thinking about suit and combat tatics.And there should really be no disadvantages to this? Not the slightest?
If someone decides to collect animals of different colors,fine.Nothing against that,but he must live with the fact then that he plays a underpowered template perhaps,like many other players that do things just for fun and choose a strange template. You can solo everything in this game and craft every weapon you like,good for you.The question i ask you,why are you playing this game then,you can do everything now thats possible.
So the only part you got out of my whole post was that I had 3 keeps. What about the gold sink idea? There is only one templete that costs more to scroll out then a tamer and that is a mage. After 11 yrs what I have is little compared to most older vets and prob more than some. We are not asking to be able to take out more pets into the field like before. All we are asking for is to be able to have more in the stable or a house add-on that will cost a lot of gold.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has yet given a reason WHY there should be such a low limit on stable slots, or how increasing tamers stable slots effects anyone elses gameplay adversely.

It seems that the reason that some people dont want tamers to have extra slots is because ... they dont like tamers and dont want them to have extra slots. Spite is the reason.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe 1 token per acct for a vet reward?

I'd be alright with this. If you want to pay for more then you should be able to. Balance would be cost.
I like this, as long as we are willing to pay for it then it is ok. LOL So this has nothing to do with balance in the game. You just don't want tamers to get more slots unless they are will to pay for it.

U

UOKaiser

Because a merchant and I enjoy vendoring and hanging out with my friends thats why I play the game. My tamer pet is strong but you know what happens if that pet dies or I get targeted and don't have time to counter attck OooOOOoo. Thats why my sampire is my prefer fighter I get targeted and I can rip things to shreads and my mage is my prefer damge dealer bad if it gets targeted but he can hit hard. Never said I can solo everything wait a minute this discusssion is not at all about pets power it's about storage the two have nothing to do with each other.
There is no class in this game I hate or look down on because I play them all we all have our favorites.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
like this, as long as we are willing to pay for it then it is ok. LOL So this has nothing to do with balance in the game. You just don't want tamers to get more slots unless they are will to pay for it.
There needs to be a balance, giving them more for nothing has no balance to it. Paying for it would be balance.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has yet given a reason WHY there should be such a low limit on stable slots, or how increasing tamers stable slots effects anyone elses gameplay adversely.
yes we have, youre simply ignoring them. Quit beating the same drum.

It seems that the reason that some people dont want tamers to have extra slots is because ... they dont like tamers and dont want them to have extra slots. Spite is the reason.
I have and use my tamer. If I thought it were a good idea, I'd be for it.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers can carry and change any weapon or mage item same as the rest of us. Most carry pet balls as far as ability to call animals in. I mean you're not going to call in a bunny to attack a peerless. At least I hope not. But calling in a GD certainly makes tamers a lot stronger in a dungeon.
This statement just shows you know nothing about being a tamer so quit trying to sound like you do.

Pet SUMMONING balls have no mention of STABLING in the name for a reason. They also don't work anywhere they should.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This statement just shows you know nothing about being a tamer so quit trying to sound like you do.

Pet SUMMONING balls have no mention of STABLING in the name for a reason. They also don't work anywhere they should.

You're joking right?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What's your tamers name? Is he/she 3x Legendary even? Cause i could see you not wanting more slots because you don't even have a playstyle that uses your max potential now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I
like this, as long as we are willing to pay for it then it is ok. LOL So this has nothing to do with balance in the game. You just don't want tamers to get more slots unless they are will to pay for it.
There needs to be a balance, giving them more for nothing has no balance to it. Paying for it would be balance.
Got to love it. This isn't about balancing the playing field to you, it about the money.

SHOW ME THE MONEY.:danceb:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i did describe is not my personal opinion on this.Just a basic assumption about designing games.I think there should be a way to increase the slot limit,but there should be some sort of balance.
Buying tokens for dollars is an idea.But money for ingame advantage is no good idea in the long term.Could get out of hand in the long term,and you can buy godlike weapons in the shop. Perhaps another idea is to have some sort of mapping from control slots to stable slots.So you can have a high amount of useless pets or a lower amount of combat pets.Would be also fine for all these crafters and fighters (me to) who like to have some small pets for role playing,hanging out or training them.
And i DEMAND more funny small pets like squirrels and ferrets ;)
Make them rare and hard to get.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

SHOW ME THE MONEY :danceb: Because the rest of your statments about balance was BS.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They HAVE given us more stable slots, so the Devs obviously think it IS a good idea.

The idea is sound ... were just haggling the numbers.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's your tamers name? Is he/she 3x Legendary even? Cause i could see you not wanting more slots because you don't even have a playstyle that uses your max potential now.
Oreo. I didn't bother working the skill up even though i ate the scroll because I use jewls with other mods to make up the difference. But I don't see what this has to do with the argument FOR more stable slots. Maybe if you stuck to the subject at hand.

Got to love it. This isn't about balancing the playing field to you, it about the money.
This would be true if I benefitted from it. I don't however, so what's your point?

No not one bit. You didn't know they don't work in Ilshenar?

:dunce:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*walks back in and sighs*
You lot still going on about this.

I think i figured out why they want more stable slots, because they found out the Greater dragon aint that good in the Gargoyle dungeons.

Also in my opinion the 2 extra slots were added for crafters so they could have the new mining beetle aswell as the blue, since the major part of this expansion is Imbuing and that needs crafters to be able to get the resources everyone else will be wanting.

As for wanting more stable slots, get in line. There is much more needed before Tamers get even more 'love'.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They HAVE given us more stable slots, so the Devs obviously think it IS a good idea.

No kidding? Welcome to the conversation.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You're joking right?
Actually it looks to me like he hit the nail on the head;) With one small correction "They also don't work EVERYWHERE they should"

:thumbsup: ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Read his latest posts. He does think it is a good idea and is all for it as long as we are willing to pay for it. So all of his posts are BS when it comes to game balance.

SHOW ME THE MONEY :danceb:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it looks to me like he hit the nail on the head With one small correction "They also don't work EVERYWHERE they should"
Great we've established you can use pet balls almost everywhere. Thus making the point of having to run to the stable moot. Again you're not going to go to ilsenhar for a spawn without the correct animal. If you do, then everything else is moot because the extra slots are certainly not going to help you anyways.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read his latest posts. He does think it is a good idea and is all for it as long as we are willing to pay for it. So all of his posts are BS when it comes to game balance.
See post #176 :bdh:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great we've established you can use pet balls almost everywhere. Thus making the point of having to run to the stable moot. Again you're not going to go to ilsenhar for a spawn without the correct animal. If you do, then everything else is moot because the extra slots are certainly not going to help you anyways.
You are missing the point...you can't put the wrong pet away...for the most part we DO grab the right pet but there are times (blood dungeon) where if the Balron area is camped then i would go to the succubus room and there a GD is NOT the pet of choice, it's a Cu

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No kidding? Welcome to the conversation.
So you agree it is a good idea and its just a nuymbers thing, whereas in your previous post you state:

If I thought it were a good idea, I'd be for it.
So which is it? Good idea and haggling the numbers, or bad idea as you stated earlier. Make your mind up.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are missing the point...you can't put the wrong pet away...for the most part we DO grab the right pet but there are times (blood dungeon) where if the Balron area is camped then i would go to the succubus room and there a GD is NOT the pet of choice, it's a Cu
GD was an example, the choice of pet doesn't matter. I'm sure you would use the pet ball AFTER you deteremine where you'll be. The exception being Ils which again, you already know the spawn.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So which is it? Good idea and haggling the numbers, or bad idea as you stated earlier. Make your mind up.
The argument is versus more than the already allotted amount. :wall::wall::wall:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The argument is versus more than the already allotted amount. :wall::wall::wall:
If you aren't using all your 14 now i can see why you don't want tamers to get more. Who is your tamer again? what shard? its easy to prove on uo.com if you've even logged her in in the last few days.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So .. why is 2 a good amount and 3 bad amount? Tell me what difference 3 would make to the already alloted 2?
For the same reason we put a limit on everything else.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you aren't using all your 14 now i can see why you don't want tamers to get more. Who is your tamer again? what shard? its easy to prove on uo.com if you've even logged her in in the last few days.
Oreo (him), Great Lakes. I often play other characters.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by Berethrain
Also known as balance. I've explained this before feel free to go back and read. I look forward to your next you have no argument against this post.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pack animals take up 1 slot, let alone I've seen only 1 person actually use them versus a greater drag. Even if they increased slots I highly doubt anyone would use them then either. But I dont get why you'd go into a situation with the wrong animal?
Okay, granted I haven't been able to try out the pack instinct animals yet (it's next on my Tamer to-do list now that I finally have my mare trained up (yes, I actually spent time training up something so lowly as a mare) and am getting comfortable with my cu) but I was under the impression that 5 of a pack animal is the best and they take up 5 control slots (which we're not arguing anyway, so I'm not sure why that's relevant). What I do know for sure is that they take up 5 stable slots, which is a good reason why you don't often see them, because that's a lot of space that could go to other things since it's so limited. (personally I'm excited to try out a pack here in the next month now that I'm working better with my tamer)

I

Please explain where the balance issue is? I asked this a long time ago but no one has answered it, so I'll ask it to you since you're the one looking for 'balance'. Please explain to me how a tamer is going to become overpowered (unbalanced) 2 weeks from now when the expansion comes out and everyone gets 2 more stable slots. How exactly (in specifics) is this going to make the tamer any different than he is today as far as gameplay goes?

And a final question for you - you say you have a tamer? Do you only play with a greater dragon?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've already established EVERYTHING doesn't have a real limit. Warriors don't really have a weapon limit or do you disagree?

Again the point is moot, tamers can use the same weapons. Ie dismount archer, tamer mage, etc etc etc

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by Berethrain
Also known as balance. I've explained this before feel free to go back and read. I look forward to your next you have no argument against this post.
Balance? So please explain to us all how giving us 3 extra slots instead of 2 causes any balance issues whatsoever or impacts anyones gameplay in a negative way.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oreo (him), Great Lakes. I often play other characters.
Ahh!, GM Animal lore and a few other GM skills nothing associated with Taming. Do i have this chracter right?

It all makes sense now. Is this a pvp tamer too? Cause that would explain this statement.

There isn't a reason for more stable slots. Once you get a greater dragon, what else do you really need?

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i figured out why they want more stable slots, because they found out the Greater dragon aint that good in the Gargoyle dungeons.
That is one of the more ludicrous statements I've read in a long time, congratulations. This has actually nothing to do with greater dragons :/ (if they were all we cared about, none of us would be asking for more pet slots) - and for the record, I don't own a greater dragon, and I don't really think I ever will. *shrugs*