• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Most of us* would like a lot more Stable Slots...

S

Sweeney

For the 300th time, we should all be happy with our 2 extra slots.
:postcount:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hum, are you feeling like no one is reading your posts?

I think a number of us get your point of view.

I think a number of people .... well .... gasp .... do not agree with you. I assume that is acceptable/ok with you?

I think it is fair to say a number of posters have expressed their gratitude for the 2 extra slots.

I think it is fair to say a number of posters have expressed a need for more than 2 slots.

I think it is fair to say a number of posters have expressed a desire more pets to be able to facilitate a greater variety of play styles. Is that ok with you that there are people that want to have a greater variety of play styles?

I am just sayin you can shoot for 600 or you can trust me, your first 10 were really read. :thumbsup:

S

Sweeney

Hum, are you feeling like no one is reading your posts?

I think a number of us get your point of view.

I think a number of people .... well .... gasp .... do not agree with you. I assume that is acceptable/ok with you?

I think it is fair to say a number of posters have expressed their gratitude for the 2 extra slots.

I think it is fair to say a number of posters have expressed a need for more than 2 slots.

I think it is fair to say a number of posters have expressed a desire more pets to be able to facilitate a greater variety of play styles. Is that ok with you that there are people that want to have a greater variety of play styles?

I am just sayin you can shoot for 600 or you can trust me, your first 10 were really read. :thumbsup:
I'm not sure what planet you're from bubba, but I haven't voiced an opinion yet. Good job inventing things to criticize. Maybe you should go over the 300 posts and try to find where I've said something 10 times, or at all.

[edit] And over your 17+ posts in this thread you've only shown you don't pay much attention to what anyone else says.[/edit]

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reply #300 genius.. you assume way too much and remember even less.
Nah I don't assume anything and you failed to gain a point in skating :) You can try to skate away from your words but they are gonna stick to you.

You got caught with your bs and now your going to devolve into name calling and being insulting.

Just saying there is a shovel in your hand and you have an excellent start on the whole so dig it deeper :danceb:

But hey, the mod's have gone through this thread to clear out your posts once already, I do not see the point or value in giving them any more work to do.

S

Sweeney

Nah I don't assume anything and you failed to gain a point in skating :) You can try to skate away from your words but they are gonna stick to you.

You got caught with your bs and now your going to devolve into name calling and being insulting.

Just saying there is a shovel in your hand and you have an excellent start on the whole so dig it deeper :danceb:

But hey, the mod's have gone through this thread to clear out your posts once already, I do not see the point or value in giving them any more work to do.
Lol, they got rid of a previous #300.. there was no bs, there was no opinion. Ask a mod. You're the one attacking me for having an opinion, yet you made up that I posted it many times over. Get your facts straight before you post responses. After all you're derailing this yet again. ;)

I'll let you kiddies get back to bickering without bothering to read what anyone else says.

T

The Fallout

I still don't see why we can't have at least 5 more slots. If people don't want them then don't use them.

I'll let you kiddies get back to bickering without bothering to read what anyone else says.
What? Oh you mean, "RRAAWWRR G. Dragons/Tamers are so overpowered.....so you cannot have more pet storage!!!!!!"

Cause that's the main argument.

C

Coppelia

The idea of LadyNico sounds nice to me, as long as I can easily switch from my mares to my squirrel and go hunting or just frolicking around without losing a day of wait because of a timer and without losing the bond with my pets.

About the goldsink I'm not sure. We have a 30 gold coins sink at the stable and of course it's ridiculous nowadays, but not every players play the same and earn the same. So I don't know how much would be reasonable.

:)

M

MorganaLeFey

There is nothing wrong with wanting more. With the amount of tameables in the game, 2 is really negligible.
I emphatically disagree. I never said there's anything wrong with the suggestion. I just don't agree with it. That's my opinion and no amount of speculation or suggestion to the otherwise can sway me. It's not justified, plain and simple.

After wading through all the posts, I am not convinced that more than 2 is needed. Not for a free ride anyway. Anybody that wants more slots, should earn it. You either earn it in years through the natural evolution of the game and/or as a result of game development (like what is being alloted in this case) or, through the raising of skill (like the vet skill). Other than that its just a gimme and I don't think that's right.

Of course, this is my opinion. I don't have to convince or railroad anyone. And I don't care what others think, except for the ones that count and I haven't seen them weigh in on the "discussion" (using the term VERY LOOSELY here), so far.

That'll be all for this thread. Thank you.

N

northwoodschopper

i don't see the big deal with stable space to non-tamers. i like the idea of a token increasing space you pay for. 9 bucks for 10 more stable slots on a character. use as many as you want. in my opinion, having 10 greater dragons in a stable is no more different than a player hording 10 crimson cintures, or 10 120 magery scrolls with the extra bank space or housing add-ons.

would be interesting if breeding is an option down the road, where breeding high-end pets become lucrative.

T

The Fallout

I emphatically disagree. I never said there's anything wrong with the suggestion. I just don't agree with it. That's my opinion and no amount of speculation or suggestion to the otherwise can sway me. It's not justified, plain and simple.

After wading through all the posts, I am not convinced that more than 2 is needed. Not for a free ride anyway. Anybody that wants more slots, should earn it. You either earn it in years through the natural evolution of the game and/or as a result of game development (like what is being alloted in this case) or, through the raising of skill (like the vet skill). Other than that its just a gimme and I don't think that's right.

Of course, this is my opinion. I don't have to convince or railroad anyone. And I don't care what others think, except for the ones that count and I haven't seen them weigh in on the "discussion" (using the term VERY LOOSELY here), so far.

That'll be all for this thread. Thank you.

Okay the two times they added storage was unjustified. Do you agree with that?

It is justified though (years of adding pets and then they say we get two slots after all those years? I'll buy them if I have too) justified in the sense that they did the same thing for storage. What was it? 25% increase twice? Why didn't we get a 25% increase on the stables twice? Or at least once?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Re: We would like a lot more Stable Slots...

All 16 weapons combined wouldn't be equal to one greater dragon. And you could have 16 of them.
Only a lazy disreputable example of a UO tamer relies only on a Greater Dragon, that or they think they can PvP one or the other.

To really get the most out of taming one needs to study, find out which pets are best against what spawn, or to go beyond that find a pet that amuses them and then explore their full potential. For example, I've a Ferret that I use to Kill Drakes for hides (this amuses me), or when I take my tamer to Travesty I take a Reptalon (they do very well there), or if say me and a group goes and does Dread Horn, I will usually take a Rune Beetle to tank (they out preform GD's there) and a well trained Kitsune.

So yes, I could easily say that depending on the tamer, more stable slots would be a good thing, though I'm not advocating or asking for more than the 2 additional one's. I'll just make more tamers.

But I will make one simple request of you, Remember not all tamers are the foolish, lazy, fire and forget types.

Someone mentioned packs, Some of the new tamables have Pack Instinct, this alone would justify those tamers that prefer packs to wish for or ask for additional stable slots beyond the 2.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okay the two times they added storage was unjustified. Do you agree with that?

It is justified though (years of adding pets and then they say we get two slots after all those years? I'll buy them if I have too) justified in the sense that they did the same thing for storage. What was it? 25% increase twice? Why didn't we get a 25% increase on the stables twice? Or at least once?
To be totally honest we were given 2 20% storage increases... Which is 40% added storage.... so..... if we get 40% storage and a 40% bonus to stable slots... that would be 1 added slot for normal(nice of them to give 2 now eh?)..... and Would mean 19.6 for tamers..... round that to 20.... Which is what I asked for.... keep the 2 for normal players. Though I still think they should give normal players 5.... but that is just me being generous.

T

The Fallout

To be totally honest we were given 2 20% storage increases... Which is 40% added storage.... so..... if we get 40% storage and a 40% bonus to stable slots... that would be 1 added slot for normal(nice of them to give 2 now eh?)..... and Would mean 19.6 for tamers..... round that to 20.... Which is what I asked for.... keep the 2 for normal players. Though I still think they should give normal players 5.... but that is just me being generous.
Sounds good to me.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Only a lazy disreputable example of a UO tamer relies only on a Greater Dragon, that or they think they can PvP one or the other.

To really get the most out of taming one needs to study, find out which pets are best against what spawn, or to go beyond that find a pet that amuses them and then explore their full potential. For example, I've a Ferret that I use to Kill Drakes for hides (this amuses me), or when I take my tamer to Travesty I take a Reptalon (they do very well there), or if say me and a group goes and does Dread Horn, I will usually take a Rune Beetle to tank (they out preform GD's there) and a well trained Kitsune.

So yes, I could easily say that depending on the tamer, more stable slots would be a good thing, though I'm not advocating or asking for more than the 2 additional one's. I'll just make more tamers.

But I will make one simple request of you, Remember not all tamers are the foolish, lazy, fire and forget types.

Someone mentioned packs, Some of the new tamables have Pack Instinct, this alone would justify those tamers that prefer packs to wish for or ask for additional stable slots beyond the 2.
You remind me of how much I love Siege, Nexus.

Even with 8 tamers, THE most tamer fun I've had in years was attempting to tame bake kits at base skill requirement there. I tamed a bunch of gamans and chucked them at the target kitsune until it had dumped enough mana for me to more safely lead tame in GM gear, just gateable magery and 0 resist.

ps: My fun pet is a giant rat. ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

You remind me of how much I love Siege, Nexus.

Even with 8 tamers, THE most tamer fun I've had in years was attempting to tame bake kits at base skill requirement there. I tamed a bunch of gamans and chucked them at the target kitsune until it had dumped enough mana for me to more safely lead tame in GM gear, just gateable magery and 0 resist.

ps: My fun pet is a giant rat. ;)
I rarely play siege anymore, though I do agree Siege is a lot of fun. Just my mates are for the most part on Chesapeake, and few have any real interest in Siege.

Taming isn't all about the biggest and baddest pets, there's a lot to it if you want to spend the time to really learn all about it. I can kill wild Cu Sidhe faster with a pack of Frenzied Ostards than I can with a GD. I can farm Ice Fiends all day with a pack of Polar Bears. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of not only your pets, but of what your planning to hunt that day is half the fun.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh, you're preaching to the choir, Nexus. If taming is a chore, you're doing it wrong. ;)

To bring us gently back on-topic, I will always devote a stable slot to this fella:-

If it's a GD, or dreadmare, or rune beetle, or one of the new critters Basil is preventing me from owning on that tamer, so be it. I'll live. Furthermore, I'll certainly continue to have awesome adventures with Basil and all the other pets I've loved over a decade of UO.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new expansion all equipment (imbued but yes you will have to use this stuff to compete) will eventually break since each time its repaired you'll lose durability and PoF wont work as a 'get round'.

So yes you can have more stable slots but only if you accept that pets get old and die.

Your weapons are free and last forever, whereas everyone else's can cost upwards of 10mill and will break. Fairs fair :D

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I can imbue my pets, you might have an argument. ;)

*tries hard not to laugh at the furore pet-imbuing would generate*

Sorry, Petra. :heart:

A

altarego

How about both sides compromise?

Increase the slot count to say, 40. But make each slot count as a follower count. That way you could store up to 8 GD's or 40 pink bunnies.

S

Stupid Miner

Oh, you're preaching to the choir, Nexus. If taming is a chore, you're doing it wrong. ;)

To bring us gently back on-topic, I will always devote a stable slot to this fella:-

If it's a GD, or dreadmare, or rune beetle, or one of the new critters Basil is preventing me from owning on that tamer, so be it. I'll live. Furthermore, I'll certainly continue to have awesome adventures with Basil and all the other pets I've loved over a decade of UO.
Cute rat! I'm jealous. :D

T

The Fallout

With the new expansion all equipment (imbued but yes you will have to use this stuff to compete) will eventually break since each time its repaired you'll lose durability and PoF wont work as a 'get round'.

So yes you can have more stable slots but only if you accept that pets get old and die.

Your weapons are free and last forever, whereas everyone else's can cost upwards of 10mill and will break. Fairs fair :D
Let's also make characters dies so that eventually everyone has to make a new one.

U

uoBuoY

We need either more stable slots or a craftable pet horn to cram all those new pets into 2 slots.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Whatever they want to do. Im gunna go make a pack of something..... Then make him a PK and go kill script miners

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you for the 2 slots . also thank you for giving us more pets to tame .
now having said that , id like to point out adding new options is great but you have added yet even more pets we "could" get without really giving us the ability to do so. like , great , here are more options , but if i want them i have to give up old ones . some of my pets may not be the most useful , but ive had them for years and like old friends im not just going to abandon them.
here again you have given us more tameables but nowhere to put them . 2 more slots is great ... but not nearly enough in my opinion.

many have complained that the greaters are too powerful (an arguable point in itself considering how slow and stupid they are) but they want to limit us in options . this in itself is counterproductive . if youd like to see me NOT use my superdragon , let me have room to stable and train some lesser pets . if you limit my options , im certainly not getting rid of my super.

id love to train up a pack of hell hounds or ostards but i simply dont have room . you want my super off the field ? dont pancake when i ask for room to train the little ones.

X

XLaCeDX

rtlfc

Sorry but did we ever find out if it's 2 new slots per CHARACTER per SA upgrade or 2 new slots per SA upgraded account (2 stable slot tokens anyone)?

"TheGrayGhost> Are there any plans for additional stable slots for players with the new tamables in Stygian Abyss?
Sakkarah - Oh yeah stables. Now that you mention it, we are planning on offering 2 additional stable slots for all accounts with the SA upgrade."

That is unclear to me from the HOC conversation.

I see all ACCOUNTS not all CHARS here...

T

The Fallout

If it is two per account, that wouldn't make sense. It must mean each upgraded account gets 2 for each character........I hope lol

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, actually it does kinda read like 2 per account, but short of giving specific chars a code... Stranger things have happened I guess. Ach well, I'm sure we'll be told in good time ;)

Wenchy

X

XLaCeDX

again rtlfc

They give you 2 stable slot tokens with your purchase of SA, each one good for 1 extra stable slot.

Redeem with the character you'd like to have the extra stable slot(s).

They can then sell stable slot tokens on UOGamecodes.com at some point in the future, like housing storage upgrades since it IS kind of the same thing, storage.

Much like some ISPs are planning on charging their customers who use the most bandwith extra (gamers?), EA might consider charging those who use the most UO server storage space extra.

It's not really a bad plan. We get the stable slots we need, UO earns EA more money.

Personally I'll be happy whichever way the 2 extra stable slots arrive.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is it bad of me to think of the 2 extra slots like a boot to the head?

I'm sorry... To me it's like hey we know you been asking for more slots for the last 5 years or so.... but here.... *Whacks you upside the head*....

Have these two slots.

And OMG if it was 2 per account... then it's more like a 2x4 to the head.

Personally... I think it's just the same ole EA laziness... shinning on through... too complicated to go in and change the way tamers slots are calculated so.... lets just stick in a code for 2 slots overall and call it good...

*rolls eyes*... Like so many other things lately .... I'm not impressed. *sighs*... But I guess we take what we can get...

Ooo... a chicken coop... ♫La De Da♫