• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Beta Update

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it? Now he is probably going to re-activate to play the beta. Right?

Imagine hundreds or thousands of non-active accounts being invited... cha-ching!
I don't think most people would reactivate accounts (and pay) to test something. Maybe I'm wrong, but hopefully not.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in beta. Well I will be as soon as it downloads. It is taking a really really long time LOL.

For those that didn't get in I hope you get an email really soon. Maybe when everyone on here gets in we can all meet up and go fight something together.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm in beta. Well I will be as soon as it downloads. It is taking a really really long time LOL.

For those that didn't get in I hope you get an email really soon. Maybe when everyone on here gets in we can all meet up and go fight something together.
I'll get in as soon as it's available for... whatever price it'll be sold for online. :wall:

S

Sweeney

Hence my YouTube vid mocking everyone else.. Surely you can come up with something.

[edit] I'm waiting too [/edit]

H

HillBilly

I had the most awesome rick roll ever lol
Sweeney you seem to have the same taste in grief as I do. I cannot repost or Ill get banned but Ill send a pm.

:dunce:

S

Stratic Fanatic

I feel an influx of "Why am I not in the beta" threads.
And/or "I hate beta" threads.

And I dont have ESP.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh well Axl and I didt get in. Kinda bummed as am really looking forward to this. We have beta tested tons of games, included UO and exps, so maybe they picked the first round on computer specs ect, and not how much you are on the forums, or how much experience you have. I just hope we get in soon cuz i am off all summer and so is he and we have plenty of time to do nothing but test SA: LOL
This pretty much sums up my situation.

T

Teeshy

I didn't get in, and am not at all surprised =P

If it's an "allowed" piece of information, can someone tell me how big the download is please? Just so I can mentally prepare hubby for me hogging the bandwidth for "X" amount of days when it's actually released? ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get in, and am not at all surprised =P

If it's an "allowed" piece of information, can someone tell me how big the download is please? Just so I can mentally prepare hubby for me hogging the bandwidth for "X" amount of days when it's actually released? ;)
Teeshy......take a peek at the FAQ page on the SA website: http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/faq/. There's a Q&A there about how the patcher works that might ease your mind a bit.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has had a major clean up. Forgive me if any valid posts disappeared along with the dross.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to all who got in and i hope you squash alot of bugs! :)

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dross?

There was dross and I missed it?

:cursing:

:rant2:

:grrr:
Don't worry they just censored the truth like usual. Chrissay or someone must have sent in a complaint that they feedback wasn't positive so they deleted it. Another reason why having a beta full of fanbois will fail.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me your not the only one tonight in a state of unease and anticipation. I think we all have put a lot aside to possibly partake in beta.
You will get in and have a blast helping with the tedious task of fixing broken things and insuring that the quality of the game is up to the standards of us all, I am sure of it! Well at least I think that is your motivation.
It is. I honestly rather enjoy it. The only downer is when you point out stuff that really needs to be fixed but they never do it because the release is too close, though that probably wouldn't have been a problem here. :|

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when is this "next round" going to happen? =/

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It just bothered me because there were several things I had to put off doing while waiting for it. I've gotten a response elsewhere at least now and while i'm still upset, i'm at least calmer since I know the reasoning.
ditto

H

Harb

First of all, congrats to those who are in, there are more names than I can count on my fingers that I do recognize and have great confidence in, and feel certain all of us will be well represented by.

That said, my feeling about the thread went "south" around post #3. IMO, it's another decision I'm not sure about the wisdom of. It's a fine line I suppose, but "the code of silence" that’s worked before just sits a little better with me personally. You can sense the feelings of disappointment scattered along the thread, something better either systemically avoided or minimized. One can argue the logic of putting the names out there to reinforce confidence, but weighted against predictable disappointment - I'm just not sure I can climb aboard here.

Again, congrats where appropriate, sympathy but a word of encouragement elsewhere. Betas tend to "phase," it's likely everyone will get a look-see soon enough. Selection criteria varies and are too numerous to open the floodgates too early. Previous beta experience on one hand may help, but equally may hinder selection, as the process itself over time tends to try and encompass more than just a few of our voices! Keep your chins up :)

W

Warrior of Time

There is a UO/SA Beta

But so far Not in the UO/SA Beta test

I guess only time will tell

C

Chrissay_

For those who were accepted into the Beta remember the ONLY thing you can say is that you are in the beta and the beta exists.

Chrissay

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quoting from uo.com:
We have sent out the first round of invitations!! We will have few rounds of invitations so if you didn't make it into this round there are plenty of opportunities to get into the beta.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dross?

There was dross and I missed it?

:cursing:

:rant2:

:grrr:
Don't worry they just censored the truth like usual. Chrissay or someone must have sent in a complaint that they feedback wasn't positive so they deleted it. Another reason why having a beta full of fanbois will fail.
Oh you should have selected "fanboi" instead of "h8r" on the drop down box in the application. I don't know what you were thinking!

Anyways,

There's a SA beta.
I'm in the beta.

Woo! :D

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quoting from uo.com:
We have sent out the first round of invitations!! We will have few rounds of invitations so if you didn't make it into this round there are plenty of opportunities to get into the beta.
ya we don't wanna blow up them Virgin servers right off. let them age a lil 1st :thumbsup:

O

Old Man of UO

You don't think perhaps that posts like this one:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1171429&postcount=165

could maybe hinder your chances of being considered a suitable beta tester?
I understand what you are saying, perhaps some people don't deserve being in the beta. But I can't see how EA/Mythic can connect posters on Stratics with the sign-up for the beta... Unless Stratics is sharing email/user info with EA/Mythic. Which you wouldn't do... right?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right.

Besides, no one should be using the same email here as at EA anyway.

H

Harb

Petra Fyde v. Petrify - way too entertaining for a posting board!!! Good link Petra. And Old Man, we both know that in many cases it's pretty easy to correlate posters to players, more difficult yet possible with others, and sometimes agreed - impossible sans shared information. In the "middle category," where Petrify "doesn't fit" BTW (he shows a character name and guild in his sig), I seriously doubt Chrissay has enough free time to spend a lot of effort there, but who knows! But Petra, I only use one email address, maybe it's an old foggie kinda thing.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right.

Besides, no one should be using the same email here as at EA anyway.
I use two different emails. So unless someone is using the same username here as they do on their uo accounts I don't see how they would know who it was. And it wouldn't be a good idea to use the same name on both.

O

Old Man of UO

Sorry... I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I'm just rather surprised by some of the comments about:
* people knowing they have marks on their accounts but wondering why they didn't get picked for the Beta
* suggestions that their postings here on Stratics (nice OR naughty) has anything to do with getting picked for the Beta

Ya, I am disappointed too. I didn't get picked for the Beta either (yet... Please oh PLEASE. I'm your number one fan Chrissay! WOOHOO! Pick me! Pick me!).

*kicks a blackrock*

N

Ni-

There is a Stygian Abyss Focus Test
I'm in the Stygian Abyss Focus Test
There is a Stygian Abyss Beta
I'm in the Stygian Abyss Beta

Wow! Double the amount I could post before!
Well, since I'm SOL, it's good to hear that you're in. I like what you and others modders have done with KR.

oh, btw... You guys that are in better do a good job! :thumbsup:

N

Ni-

Oh you should have selected "fanboi" instead of "h8r" on the drop down box in the application. I don't know what you were thinking!

Anyways,

There's a SA beta.
I'm in the beta.

Congrats!

So there's at least one KR guru and one Design/Deco guru in the beta, that I recognize(that may not be saying much). That is good to hear!

I don't PvP, but I hope there are some PvP Gurus in also. Just so that as many players are satisfied as possible with the expansion.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Anyways,

There's a SA beta.
I'm in the beta.

Congrats!

So there's at least one KR guru and one Design/Deco guru in the beta, that I recognize(that may not be saying much). That is good to hear!

I don't PvP, but I hope there are some PvP Gurus in also. Just so that as many players are satisfied as possible with the expansion.
Good thing I know how to use the force! Everyone is going to wonder about the 15,000 new tilesets for custom housing when SA comes out...

N

Ni-

Good thing I know how to use the force! Everyone is going to wonder about the 15,000 new tilesets for custom housing when SA comes out...

oh noes...

You're not going to make me redesign my houses again, are you?

Is there still time to get a recount on the beta testers?

j/k:D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting names, both in beta and out.

And some shy beta testers too, not many professing to be in...
Come on guys, shout it out if ya made it :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently not in it and a bit pissed about it.

And I have my reasons for saying that.. just not something I can talk about in more detail probably.
Your false sense of entitlement makes me lol.

It just bothered me because there were several things I had to put off doing while waiting for it. I've gotten a response elsewhere at least now and while i'm still upset, i'm at least calmer since I know the reasoning
If you planned your life around beta testing then you've got bigger issues than not getting into the beta, which in turn makes me lol a bit more.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing to do with entitlement either. And like hell I planned my life around the beta.. there were jsut a few UO related things I was wanting to do that I couldn't.

H

Harb

Lynk, the more relevant observation and questions are how many of your posts are meant to do anything more than antagonize, and why are you allowed to continue doing so here?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, the more relevant observation and questions are how many of your posts are meant to do anything more than antagonize, and why are you allowed to continue doing so here?
That's not true. I, like many, get sick of all the whining that takes place.

Your post is actually a personal attack on me, why are you allowed to do so?

A

Aboo

I wish I hadn't read this thread then I would still be ignorantly happy not knowing that I didn't get into the beta. Oh well.

O

Old Man of UO

I wish I hadn't read this thread then I would still be ignorantly happy not knowing that I didn't get into the beta. Oh well.
WEEELLL... we are all in good company then!