• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Beta Update

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, actually we came up with an idea ourselves too, watch this space :D

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now Connor :talktothehand:, I do KNOW that one :D, but we can't say it here :blushing:.
(is a Oldie but a real Goodie :thumbsup:)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Gargoyle Lymeric competion. The winner could also perhaps have the Lymeric place into a special 'book' and placed in the EM's reward hall on their given shard?
This contest would be unfair to the people who would rather poop out shards of glass than sit down and write a poem.

C

Chrissay_

Please clarify what is in red Chrissay for Everyones sake, Who are they to give their UO email address to, the Forum they win on or ONLY to EA/Mythic, that you will contact them directly if they are the winner ..

For it is Posted here http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=96394 On UO Account Security to Never use or give out your UO Email address to any other Web sites

4 Use a private E-Mail Address.
* Do not use this email address at ANY other web sites.
* Do not give it out to Anyone.
* Use it ONLY for Ultima Online
5 Protect your E-Mail Account too.
* Use a Strong Password too

I'm not trying to argue with you here, I'm trying too look out for players accounts that could be fall prey to bogus email account notifications that they have won.
If players chooses to participate with the contest with our official fansites they will have to use the email address they used on the beta application. These are only sites that are permitted to run these contests have signed and agreed to the Fansite agreement form. The official fansites must uphold their agreement or they will lose fansite status on the UO Herald. The winners must submit their email address to the site admin and they in turn will forward me the email address.

My suggestions to players are:

• [1]Ensure the site is listed on the UO Herald here: http://uoherald.com/fansites/
    [2]Players may update their contact email address on the application by sending it to Stygian_Beta AT mythic.ea.com

To update the contact email address send the email from the beta registered email address and then post the new email address. Please also include the city and state (or country) as a confirmation. This is so that I can confirm 2 pieces of data on the beta application.

NO changes will be made to any application without the full confirmation process.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any fansite listed as an official fansite (on the herald) can hold a contest for access to the beta.
Dumb question: How do I get a fansite listed in the first place? I already sent a link a few weeks ago, and never got a reply. However, there are other fansites listed that are pretty outdated, which brings up the question if the fansite listing is being updated at all?
(Thieves Den: Broken Link, UO Event Arc: Last Update 2006)
What criteria does a fansite have to match to be added to the list?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This contest would be unfair to the people who would rather poop out shards of glass than sit down and write a poem.
That would be me! gosh that's gonna hurt lol

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tosses a few blackrock cookies their way then quickly runs away :D

*great pics Zared ... ty for sharing!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We thought of a way around the idea of using the same email to enter the contest as you did to apply to beta.
Enter the contest with any email you like. I'm waiting for the entries.