• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WWI Official Contest: Final Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldorian

It's the final day - this contest will close at 11:59 PM Thursday night - Winners will be selected by random drawing on Sunday. Winners will be contacted via private message on these forums and then announced on the site.

To enter for today (Thursday August 14, 2008) - you simply have to put in a reply to this thread to have your name put in the hat.

20 lucky winners will receive one of the WWI cards that were given in the goody bags in Paris. The codes on the card will give you an exclusive in game Tyrael the Archangel pet and the 2nd key is a beta code to get in the WotLK beta (at some point - can't guarantee immediate access).

Note: Stratics staff members aren't eligible to win but are welcome to respond to the questions and participate in the thread.

Today's Post:

The event is over, the celebration ceremony is finally taking place and you're finding yourself elated at the last several days of participating and watching such an event where the whole world comes together and puts aside their differences and stops their fighting and prejudices.

You sing a few songs with your mates and partake in some alcoholic beverages as you watch the final show take place. You can't help but think if the world will be improved or if the fighting will continue. You think to yourself will we rise up and take the challenge on improving ourselves like these athletes have shown us these last several days? Or will we fall back to our old ways for another 2 years before the next event? When a couple of guys who were up to no good starting making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air". I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare but I thought "Nah forget it - Yo homes to Bel Air!". I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo Homes smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

S

shadowfury

Yea I see, the older posts though asked for a response to question, although mostly everyone just agreed with eachother, anyway grats to all the winners in the end. :D

C

Cais

West Philadelphia, born and raised.

(Read the post. It says just make a reply ;) )

T

Thisel

Well I think the second the finishing cerimonies ended everyone would enter a drunken brawl and then I would say "Oh look nothing changed!" By the time the world isn't drunk everyone would have forgotten about the games and the peace in its time up untill two years pass and there is another event.

Edit 1: Pretty sure the Question is: Do you think the Azeroth Olympics have inspired the people of Azeroth to give up on war for atleast another 2 years or do you think that nothing has changed and now there is nothing preventing the war to continue.

Edit 2:Cogratulations to the 20 people who stole I mean.... Won my spot in beta.

S

Swang

Fighting continues, no rising, falling; "... I begged and pleaded with her day after day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my walk-man on and thought I might as well kick it. First class, yo, this is bad. Drinking an orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air livin' like? Hmm, this might be alright. ..."

S

Ssonic19

Ha! I ctrl-f Bel-Air every single time I click on a thread on an internet forum. You can't fool me!

J

joz123

"On the playground is where I spent most of my days." rofl Fresh Prince owns.

Nothing will change.

E

evilfox

Life moves on, but things never really change. See you all again in 2 years! :(

A

Asterion

lawl so random,

on another note things wont change because people dont change

C

CrimsonGrave666

Nothing will change... it goes back to way it was until the next event.

Z

Zaiten

Yeah yeah you got me. I should have saw it coming. Good luck to everyone who has been replying to these threads. If only there was enough beta keys for everyone here, we could have made some kind of uber beta guild. Lol. Peace!

D

DarkPhantom

I loled. Bel Air rocks and still does and the tune is so catchy lol. Well best of luck to everyone and cheers to those who win.

For a random note who know things might change people can change the catch is if they want to or not. ;) So mayb eone day Azeroth will be a peaceful place with little birds. A place where Tauren and gnome can walk together without fear of being stepped on and the such :p

Good luck all

R

Rockafizz

the events not even completely over and russia and georgia are going at it...nothing will change it never does. they talk and someones doesnt get what they want...and it turns into brute force. same old world. :blushing:

B

Blast

Good luck to everyone and I hope I have more luck with this contest then with
the optin randomness.

B

Baindyn

truth is fighting will never stop. The day that we as earth come together is the day that we will end up fighting the universe. Therefore we will always be fighting. (Futurama? ^.^)

But man, its been awhile since iv seen Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

S

sethamun

Yeah everything will have an end! Let's close the arenas and battleground and destroy all the weapons. From now on alliance and horde will live togeher hand in hand.

L

lorecow

Guess this is it then. Good luck to everyone that entered the contest.

X

Xarris08

haha, you got me. Man, I was really expecting some kind of real deep question.

Anyways, GL to all.

E

Evli

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
(Repeat Chorus)
Give you up, give you up
Give you up, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up
(Last four lines repeat)
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
(Chorus times three)

J

Joshmaul

A Richard fan in the audience, I see.

We're not the champions, my friends...
And we'll keep on sucking...TO THE END!
(Guitar riffs here)
We're not the champions
We're not the champions
We're all just loooosers
'Cuz we're not the champions...

OF THE WORLD!!!!

F

Figgilsticks

I can't help but feel that this change is impossible. conflict can be forgotten, covered up, and sugar coated, but it will never disappear.

B

Bobity66

All i can say is, As long as we continue to forget the past we will continue to repeat it. So with that said Hopeing for a change and peace is nice but that is all it is hope and i fear that compete peace is a long ways off from what will happen.

Good luck to everyone and grats to the winners.

V

Vandrid

''Everything is changeable, everything appears and disappears; there is no blissful peace until one passes beyond the agony of life and death.''

''It is only the wisest and the stupidest that cannot change.''

''You must be the change you want to see in the world.''

N

Nyaz

People are stupid. We continue fighting. Hell, I'm stupid.

And this is my least intelligent post in this series of oh-god-give-me-that-beta-key-you-bastards. I don't know what to respond to this! (Nevermind, I'm in anyway)

I did get a taste for watching some Prince in Bel Air now, though.
*hums along to the Prince of Bel Air song*

V

Vampyrx

Most likely all the people that didnt get into the event after failing to get in will be waiting outside to jump all the ones that did :D

Or a neighbour will shout "keep the noise down" from all the singing and this will cause a riot and were back where we started.

K

Kualus

Probably not much is going to change, people will probably still going to fight. Meh.

M

Morxxeal

Me too, I think nothing is going to change...

Good luck !
And Thanks WoW-Stratics for the contest. :)

T

TenzoMataki

I wasn't expecting that! However, I would have to take the very pessimistic approach and presume that things will slowly revert to what they were. The weight of the world was on the balance during the Hyjal encounter. We were to presume that The Third War would be the very last; and yet we have begun to see a dangerous road reappearing. It would seem, for now, we are doomed to repeat our mistakes.

I leave you with an amusing quote from the show, because it's totally related:

Hilary: "Carlton told a joke."
Will: "No, Carlton is a joke."

And good luck to everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.