• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's Cupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
They didn't say it would appear at server up...they said

Cupid will not deliver your gifts till after your regular maintenance cycles.

Sure you can ASSUME that means immediately after servers come back...but I don't think that's the case :)
Really starting to get on my nerves...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I was assuming that it would be an npc of some sort....though I have been searching all the buildings in the city...a daunting task! But if it IS just a statue then it wouldn't show up in your journal as you ran by it.

Also considering the fact that the globe is located in the EM hall has me wondering if it IS an EM event..though you'd think the players on Drach would know that?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Greetings Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have an issue with the new art display of the Valentine Gifts. We are putting out a new client now, as soon as everyone has the client I will start placing the statues. Sorry for the confusion and delay!

Thanks,
Mesanna

http://www.uo.com/

More Bacon? :)

LOL thanks Mesanna for the update!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On Sonoma, an Advisor just stated that the statue on Drac "may" not give the right prize. I have NOT confirmed this, just passing on information.

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I agree. And someone on Drachs thought the books were related to an EM event. I've postponed my consideration of the clues until I hear that they are still active and relate to the Cupid. Some folks will be upset if the books are unrelated. Lots of folks there trying to figure them out.
Told everyone over at Drach that it may be an old quest. Some of them heard me/us and returned to their servers :p

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The books are fun to solve, okay for a while. I do not think they are part of the cupid event though.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And someone else just said that Bartman also said Mesanna hasn't yet been able to place whatever it is she's placing.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Greetings Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have an issue with the new art display of the Valentine Gifts. We are putting out a new client now, as soon as everyone has the client I will start placing the statues. Sorry for the confusion and delay!

Thanks,
Mesanna

Just putting this out there AGAIN because it seems some of you missed it....shut down your client...wait for the patch.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Sonoma, an Advisor just stated that the statue on Drac "may" not give the right prize. I have NOT confirmed this, just passing on information.
The small red cupid statue on Dracs in the em hall cannot be clicked for any prize. Maybe it belongs to the EM, a personal statue for deco.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In drachs the cupid is at the councellors guild hall red cupid and big globe click on globe get 2 books one in english one in german with scrambled words in 10 sets unscramble the words then solve the riddle and no I have not figured out the message yet-- there surely are better brains out there then mine
I was actually in the Drach counselor's guild hall last night about 15 minutes before server-down. That globe was already there; I think it's unrelated to the Valentine's Day gifts.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Had reports of the 1st two; keep em coming! :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like the gifts are the same no matter shard, right? No "rare" or special versions of them so far?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the champagne bottle seems just decorative. The flutes are endless it appears. I've drank enough that I need to find one of my hangover remedies or have a few days drunk

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's hiding pretty good on Origin :)

And we got BACON!

Love the new graphics...thanks Team! :heart:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Added Sonoma, thanks Debbie.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the nature of the gifts -- basket and contents -- it appears that these gifts are one per character rather than one per account. Will someone please verify that?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bottle and flutes are animated, which is kind of nice.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn no name on the rose :( , anyone seen any special colors?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Location on Origin...unnamed Building last one on the road to Minoc East Brit

http://i58.***********/2eg6w5h.png

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close but not quite, lol. That was my face after I realized they knew this was fubar for hours and hours and didn't take 2 minutes to post about it. Super disappointed on how this whole thing was handled. But it's typical EA.
There was a very small post on uo.com about messed up art files and cupid would be delayed. The post has since been deleted and updated with the current post about Asian shards having theirs after maintenance.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
On Siege, crafters who grow up in East Brit, will know the place very well.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There was a very small post on uo.com about messed up art files and cupid would be delayed. The post has since been deleted and updated with the current post about Asian shards having theirs after maintenance.
I saw that. Shard reset 5 AM, post about fubar after 12:00 lol. There's like 6 hours I'll never get back. Went inch by inch over several shards trammel and fel. *Shakes my head* I guess they've only been working on this since like November so ya gotta cut em some slack ;)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I only wish they'd used a new flower, instead of killing whispering roses... :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I only wish they'd used a new flower, instead of killing whispering roses... :(
I love that rose, but I wish we could see who picked it, I still love my old roses with names of old friends

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've found our cupid on lake austin, but no clues though. And no i'll not tell where he is :lick:. I've been giving two hints to people looking. 1. A king should rule with compassion. 2. A place to stay on a wedding night, or romantic night.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On LS it's the Reg Shop by east brit bank, just south of the heart shaped lake

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AoS roses didn't kill whispering roses and the natural looking AoS ones are also dyeable... whispering roses will be fine as far as desirability. I wish they had actually given us a slim chance to get our name on one like the towels.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's not fair, here Mesanna work hard to hide the Cupid, and you just tell where instead of just giving a hint.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
AoS roses didn't kill whispering roses and the natural looking AoS ones are also dyeable... whispering roses will be fine as far as desirability. I wish they had actually given us a slim chance to get our name on one like the towels.
I was sad to see that there was nothing "special" no collectability in the stuff. Nothing even with my characters name on it. Rather all feels so "generic". Sure the bottle is pretty... Rather makes the rest of UO look like poop also seems a bit large. But ... that's just me I guess.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do appreciate the gift and the effort the devs put forth to give us something but I am disappointed. I was hoping for something new, rare, or collectible. It's kind of like my ex-husband giving me a new toaster for valentine's day. blah.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm ... certainly not a deal u will do more than a couple of times... shame... these things could make a real contribution in uo... just make them a small collection etc etc were u want to keep logging to get the full set... and even xshard swop stuff..like the old dayz..even the new days like the recent toy soldiers....hell if the bags/roses etc were even a shard colour it would be worth it.....shame yet again another lost opportunity in bonding shards and shard folks merging/ collecting and participating as one ....2/10 ...my view.. just not what we needed...we need ....or whatever im sick of saying it....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Location on Baja...
Don't scroll down unless you wanna be spoiled >.<

Hidden AND hidden :) lol it's playing peak-a-boo here
http://i60.***********/2cxazi1.png

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do appreciate the gift and the effort the devs put forth to give us something but I am disappointed. I was hoping for something new, rare, or collectible. It's kind of like my ex-husband giving me a new toaster for valentine's day. blah.
LOL, hey I love it...guess I need to switch to toaasters instead of vacuums ;)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'd agree THP, Angel, and MalagAste... Even colors would have been kind of disappointing - we have AOS roses which can be dyed, after all. But what if they'd used some of the unavailable flower types, maybe given one on each shard, maybe in a few "natural" looking hues? At Christmas, I ran 2600 characters for the gift boxes. I can't see myself running more than 10 or 20 of these, and if any are in really hard to reach spots, I just won't bother. In terms of the name, too, it seems strange to lock down"A freshly picked rose" in my front lawn...

Reactions: THP
Status
Not open for further replies.