• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's Cupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This won't be a secret for more than a few seconds anyway... Made a new guy. Yup here's your rose. The rose market has bottomed out....

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a thought perhaps next years event instead of the rose how about a plant seed that we have to grow. You would not know what the plant would be until it goes through the full growth cycle. Have perhaps 6 differant plants with 10 differant colors and one of the colors being extremely rare. This gives players an insentive to collect all the seeds and some work to do to find out what you get. Players who like to collect things will have a challenge to complete the set. Each year have differant seeds with differant plants and rarities along with other items in the baskets. I think other ideas can come out of this concept as well. Gives us another reason perhaps to use certain skills again. Happy V day!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It may be me, but I think the whole thing is lame. First, a "gift" you have to run around to find, and then it's basically junk.
UO is famous for lame recycled gifts. So it's kinda a tradition. How many times is it for this rose now? 4? 5?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If anyone's still out looking, Asia should now have their cupids.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drachenfels in guard tower west side of west brit bank opposite the Cats Lair

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks to Tina, Debbie, Roger, Dixie, and all the posts in here for all the locations so far!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Odd, I just got one and notice it doesn't have the year on the label, so it's totally generic. Seems I recall other holiday gifts having dates.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
LA is in the Sweet Dreams Inn 2nd floor

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yamato's statue is in a building just west of the Sage Advice shop in east Britain. There is a sign on the front of the building that says, "Entremet's Confectionary."

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Siege is in the east side tailor.
The Right Fit.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Izumo's is in the unlabeled L-shaped building south of the tailor shop in east Britain. It's directly east and across the river from the Blue Boar tavern.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mizuho's is in the Artist's Guild building near the West Britain Bank (the one with Emilio the Tortured Artist).

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks again Tina! :) Just Mugen, Oceania, Sakura, Siege, and Wakoku left to find! :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies got my one...thats me done..shame could have been so so so much more ...x

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i gave up after like five or six shards full of chars .. thanks for the gifts.. but nothing to roll for ... so ill just sit the rest of my chars out. heh unless i get super board

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The bottomless champagne flute is kind of funny. I wish it was insurable though--I have a character that would carry one everywhere.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yup. All the perspectives are continually off as well, been that way for a couple years' worth of gifts now.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yup. All the perspectives are continually off as well, been that way for a couple years' worth of gifts now.
I'd be happy if they just could get a grip on wall stuff. Some sits on the floor. Some goes through the roof. Some things fit well side by side while others will almost touch on one side and have a large gap on the other. It's a real skill to get a wall looking good lol. About half the King's Collection is unusable right out of the box and they never did do anything about it. Lot of creative decorating goes into that trying to make it look nice on the wall and then be able to hide it coming up through the floor on the next level.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Wakoku is in the north side inn, the building next to the counsellor's guild

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thank you to team and EMs for gifts.
Now my sorta gripe.

Why are the roses not player named? Consider this... a dev says hey new roses with your names are coming.
I would have opened old accounts to create new cute rose names or to use characters in them I made years ago for that.
I would be happy and EA made more money.
Not one dev thought of this? Not one?

Instead I sell more houses and cancel more accounts. :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
First thank you to team and EMs for gifts.
Now my sorta gripe.

Why are the roses not player named? Consider this... a dev says hey new roses with your names are coming.
I would have opened old accounts to create new cute rose names or to use characters in them I made years ago for that.
I would be happy and EA made more money.
Not one dev thought of this? Not one?

Instead I sell more houses and cancel more accounts. :(
Well....

Roses ~ Recycle
Food ~ Eh...
Basket ~ Recycle
Flutes and Bottle ~ New (rather large) Art ~ "Idea Recycle"
Nothing Blessed
You can create a new guy and claim a gift which I think they over looked. As in... this was kinda just thrown together.

I'm not even going to get into how this was handled and rolled out, lol. Need to watch my blood pressure! :p Not a lot of effort really went into this. Which was rather surprising to me considering we really haven't seen anything outta the team since like November? Like... what *are* they up to? ;) I really liked the marble tables... so maybe they catch a break on this round with me, but it's still kinda odd. It honestly got me wondering if UO was on the way out and they're just keeping the lights on? It certainly wasn't up there with a kitten, puppy, on even a throbbing heart box which I thought was kinda neat. I was glad they didn't just reuse an old flute and ruin another rare. If they're gonna reuse stuff can't they even change the color or something? I felt kinda bad for the people that had ceramic mugs cause those were really cool items. The roses were also, though not to as great an extent, but they were a somewhat valuable item... before. If UO is indeed not closing then I gotta think they're making an expansion to sell. Cause EA loves them some expansions to sell. Either that or you go by what they've been saying... and this will be the mother of all bug patches... which I kinda doubt. But I think were going on about 3 months without any real publish. Hmmmm. Anyway that's my Gift Review :p

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember the last bug fix publish. I'm not in too big a hurry to see another one :/

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, that's exciting. Wouldn't let me post, then posts it over and over. *shrugs**

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
First of all...it's Valentine's Day..it's not a major holiday. I never liked Valentine's day anyway...who wants Chocolate and roses...one you eat and poop out the next day and the other dies in a week...that's love for ya! O.O

I do wish that the roses had our names on them..I do love the items we get with our names, but the fact that we got anything..and NEW graphics...very cool stuff.

The food I was a little disheartened by...glad we got bacon, that right there means more to me then anything...I know that's weird but that whole bacon debacle is one that I will never forget and UO Valentine's Day wouldn't be the same without it.

I will keep one complete set on each shard just because, so thanks team..and Happy Valentine's Day! :heart:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow....spam much? LOL I'll let Nexus know...I blame him for forum hiccups :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've done it before, the forum lags out and ya just keep clicking lol
I've done that too! All like :yell: lol....thankfully I haven't done it yet....or it hasn't done it to me yet...:eyes: The forums are out to get us

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I opted not to bother with each shard.... can't see the point ..... If it had my characters name on it and a chance at something "special" you bet.... I'd be all over it on every shard, but since it's nothing special and just a bright red basket like anyother basket and a rose that's "just a rose"... meh... I too think the stuff is getting bigger and bigger...... but since we aren't getting our updated graphics so I'm guessing they won't scale everything else up to match.... I guess I'll have to settle for all the new stuff being crazy big.... and this has been going on since they gave us the Rockinghorse.

GIANT size. I keep wishing I could somehow shrink it. Technically the Garlands they gave us are equally giant.... and never looked good or right. And more and more objects are becoming "off centered".... I tried to place some wooden boxes near the edge of my house the other day so I could put hedges on top of them around the outter walls.... but the boxes sit a full half tile back... looked stupid. I had to settle for using the decorative square elven box as even the other elven box sits a full halftile back from where you think it should. It doesn't actually go flush against the wall either it ends up IN the wall... Chests do it too... they go a half tile from where they ought to. One time I made a list of such things with screenshots I do believe detailing all those abnormalities with furnishings and sent it to Mesanna. I'm gonna guess it was ignored.

Anyway pet peeve of mine.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I opted not to bother with each shard.... can't see the point ..... If it had my characters name on it and a chance at something "special" you bet.... I'd be all over it on every shard, but since it's nothing special and just a bright red basket like anyother basket and a rose that's "just a rose"... meh... I too think the stuff is getting bigger and bigger...... but since we aren't getting our updated graphics so I'm guessing they won't scale everything else up to match.... I guess I'll have to settle for all the new stuff being crazy big.... and this has been going on since they gave us the Rockinghorse.

GIANT size. I keep wishing I could somehow shrink it. Technically the Garlands they gave us are equally giant.... and never looked good or right. And more and more objects are becoming "off centered".... I tried to place some wooden boxes near the edge of my house the other day so I could put hedges on top of them around the outter walls.... but the boxes sit a full half tile back... looked stupid. I had to settle for using the decorative square elven box as even the other elven box sits a full halftile back from where you think it should. It doesn't actually go flush against the wall either it ends up IN the wall... Chests do it too... they go a half tile from where they ought to. One time I made a list of such things with screenshots I do believe detailing all those abnormalities with furnishings and sent it to Mesanna. I'm gonna guess it was ignored.

Anyway pet peeve of mine.
Yeah it seems once they're done with it, they're done with it! I did really expect them to fix the King's Collection since they still sell it, I guess they don't care. I honestly don't believe anyone on the team actually plays. I don't really blame them if they don't, I sure they get enough of UO at work. But if they did actually play I think we'd get much nicer items and work than we do now.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
A huge thanks to @Shumer for making all the new images! :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A flower that worked like the old Valentine's cards would have been awesome. Ideally something other than a rose.

Ah well.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If the valentine's gift was something akin to this, I would be interested:

heavymetal01.jpg

Those also make for a perfect date for V day for a girl like me. :p

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i cant really make out what the pic is of, so ill just make a guess...... im guessing its a transformer (car) and a music box surrounded by a sea of spinach.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is a barbell, two dumbbells bars, 40 KGs worth of weights and a pull up bar.
Because pumping iron is totally girly.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
damn you Mugen!
damn you to hell!

its bad enough im lagging horribly there but ive just completed an entire sweep of Brit and didnt see Cupid anywhere!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I found it :)

Mugan Location