• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's Cupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
NOTE: ENDS TODAY MARCH 10

As posted:

"Greetings Everyone,

Starting tomorrow morning we will be patching a new client and publishing all shards so we can deliver a Valentine's Gift to everyone. Cupid will not deliver your gifts till after you regular maintenance cycles. This year we are going to do something a little different. A Red Cupid will appear somewhere in the City of Compassion, once you find it you may claim your gift. The location will be different on all shards so happy hunting."

City of Compassion = Britain

I figure we'll need another thread on where to find Cupid on each shard, so, if anyone spots him starting in the morning, post it here, and I'll gather it all together up top here. :)

Brian

NOTE: Make sure you check if you need a patch; there was a second patch today. (Feb 5)

Arirang
The Hammer and Anvil

Asuka
East Britain Bank

Atlantic
Trammel Conservatory of Music

Baja
Britain Public Library in Trammel

Balhae
The T-shaped building west of the one that Origin's is in.

Catskills
The "lodging house" SE of the WBB in Trammel

Chesapeake
Trammel Warrior's Guild west of WBB across the bridge, north of the stables.

Drachenfels
The guard tower west of the WBB

Europa

Formosa
The Oaken Oar

Great Lakes
Trammel Artistic Armor

Hokuto
Merchant's Guild

Izumo
The L-shaped building south of The Right Fit ("Senator Robin's House and Office in UOAM)

Lake Austin
Sweet Dreams Inn 2nd floor

Lake Superior
Trammel Incantations and Enchantments

Legends
The Chamber of Virtues in Trammel.

Mizuho
Artist's Guild, near WBB

Mugen
Next to Sweet Dreams Inn.

Napa Valley
Lord British's Tailor in Trammel

Oceania
East corner of Lord British's Castle, near the library

Origin
http://i58.***********/2eg6w5h.png​

Pacific
Healer of Britain

Sakura
The T-shaped building west of the one that Origin's is in.

Siege Perilous
The Right Fit
Sonoma
Inside the Gazebo in east Trammel Britain, north of The Salty Dog.

Wakoku
The North Side Inn

Yamato
Entremet's Confectionary (west of Sage Advice)

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure you post pics of its worth getting :) this is a great idea now people have to log into each character and run to Brit..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there has got to be a bit more to it then strolling up and finding Cupid in the bar sipping on a Shirley Temple.
ive been all over brit from the farms to the sewers and i cant see hide nor hair of him anywhere.

dont tell me we have to track and or detect the entire town???

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm guessing cupid, in whatever form he'll take (statue or mob), will have to be put out manually by an EM or dev.

Allowing it to auto spawn just anywhere in the city limits could be problematic.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yup starting to get a little annoyed over this. So on Legends I find this pinkish white cupid statue. They lock down so much stupid stuff all over Legends I have no idea if this is the right one or not. So I click him nothing. DBL click him nothing. Try to attack him nothing. I knew the minute they decided to play a game with this I'd be pissed off and I am!

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup starting to get a little annoyed over this. So on Legends I find this pinkish white cupid statue. They lock down so much stupid stuff all over Legends I have no idea if this is the right one or not. So I click him nothing. DBL click him nothing. Try to attack him nothing. I knew the minute they decided to play a game with this I'd be pissed off and I am!
Where was it Capt?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic, again my plants did not grow. Maybe Cupid never showed either. I heard you are supposed to detect hidden or cast reveal. That seems silly but it is a silly game sometimes. Good luck all. :)

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a LOT of area to be casting reveal for pixel candy
hm

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there has got to be a bit more to it then strolling up and finding Cupid in the bar sipping on a Shirley Temple.
ive been all over brit from the farms to the sewers and i cant see hide nor hair of him anywhere.

dont tell me we have to track and or detect the entire town???
he does not come out until valentines day - he is not there yet

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure it's like most things. If your friends with an EM you'll get 100's of these and sell them for a mill each. The rest of us will be left out. Went through every building in Britain and I'm done with this.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm guessing we all read "tomorrow" to mean "tomorrow--I guess they meant "the day after tomorrow" :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm... has anyone checked Fel Britain for cupid? The post did say he'd be "red."

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, it was said pretty clear that it would spawn after the maintenance cycle.
It didn't say that the maintenance cycle would happen today. :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the EMs are going to roleplay the "Red Cupid" and you just have to be lucky enough to find them when they are online.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea, but hmm, "Cupid(o)" and "City of Compassion" and "murder facet" do not really match by my standards... hehe. *scratches head*

I checked several shards (only Britain) and found nothing obvious. So I think I will just sit and wait for another day.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've checked just about every square inch of both trammel and felucca Britain, as well as the compassion shrine in Ilshenar, and also most of Dungeon Despise since it's Britain's dungeon and has those red tameable things in it.

I found no sign of Cupid on the Atlantic shard. *sigh*

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember guys it's UO. Expect a grind. It wouldn't surprise me if you had to search the whole city square by square using detect hidden, then remove trap on hidden item then open it with lock picking to get your gift.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Months of nothing from the team then we get this annoying stupid thing. How annoyed I am can't be expressed strongly enough.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah because everyone detect hidden, remove trap and lockpicking on their characters >.<

I hope they place the cupids randomly throughout the day so people aren't done with this in less then an hour......Valentines Day isn't for another 9 days, geesh people make it last! :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Walking around Trammel Britain on Origin using detect and tracking. Nothing spotted yet.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Seriously dude? Your not going to throw yourself off the Brooklyn bridge over this are you?
Hardly, but I seriously don't appreciate this kinda nonsense. Spend months waiting for something to happen in UO to wake up to *this*. Not challenging, not fun, just annoying.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In drachs the cupid is at the councellors guild hall red cupid and big globe click on globe get 2 books one in english one in german with scrambled words in 10 sets unscramble the words then solve the riddle and no I have not figured out the message yet-- there surely are better brains out there then mine

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
just been to Drachs...I hope the clues are different on each shard as well...THIS IS FUN! :heart: Thanks Devs!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I haven't found him on Origin yet, not wasting my time on Drachs just in case the clues ARE the same...I like figuring stuff out myself...and good for the Dev's putting them up randomly....I hope it lasts all day and you're shard is LAST! o_O LOL just kidding!....but what's the point in having a fun little event if it's over practically before it begins? Give it time...have fun with it or don't, to each his own :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there are clues?
It is unclear at this point whether the clue books on Drachenfels have anything to do with Valentine's Day. Of the 10 locations mentioned in the book, at least four are in Felucca and one is Corgul's island. I checked out the waterfall location (5. Trammel at the waterfall behind the wedding altar) and didn't see anything at all.

Also, the red cupid statue that is in the EM Hall is inaccessible. You can't even get close to it and it isn't called a "Red Cupid." It's just a "cupid statue" that has a red hue.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't found him on Origin yet, not wasting my time on Drachs just in case the clues ARE the same...I like figuring stuff out myself...and good for the Dev's putting them up randomly....I hope it lasts all day and you're shard is LAST! o_O LOL just kidding!....but what's the point in having a fun little event if it's over practically before it begins? Give it time...have fun with it or don't, to each his own :)
The fun is not telling us it'll be up at server up and waste 5 hours of my time searching high and low, different facets, different shards. That is *not* fun. I'm the guy that is usually UO's cheerleader, but I'm fit to be tied. On my end it looks like another "typical EA" moment. My time is valuable. Being disrespected in such a manner is not typically something I don't take laying down. Not doing an EA email campaign yet but I'm close...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was bit curious myself Tina. There IS a red cupid statue locked down...but the globe has me a bit confused....still I think if this is right, it's way cool lol...still lookin around on Origin.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It is unclear at this point whether the clue books on Drachenfels have anything to do with Valentine's Day. Of the 10 locations mentioned in the book, at least four are in Felucca and one is Corgul's island. I checked out the waterfall location (5. Trammel at the waterfall behind the wedding altar) and didn't see anything at all.

Also, the red cupid statue that is in the EM Hall is inaccessible. You can't even get close to it and it isn't called a "Red Cupid." It's just a "cupid statue" that has a red hue.
That reminds me of the white cupid statue with a red hue in EM Avalon's place in Legends. Likewise it does nothing...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The fun is not telling us it'll be up at server up and waste 5 hours of my time searching high and low, different facets, different shards. That is *not* fun. I'm the guy that is usually UO's cheerleader, but I'm fit to be tied. On my end it looks like another "typical EA" moment. My time is valuable. Being disrespected in such a manner is not typically something I don't take laying down. Not doing an EA email campaign yet but I'm close...

They didn't say it would appear at server up...they said

Cupid will not deliver your gifts till after your regular maintenance cycles.

Sure you can ASSUME that means immediately after servers come back...but I don't think that's the case :)

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was bit curious myself Tina. There IS a red cupid statue locked down...but the globe has me a bit confused....still I think if this is right, it's way cool lol...still lookin around on Origin.
I agree. And someone on Drachs thought the books were related to an EM event. I've postponed my consideration of the clues until I hear that they are still active and relate to the Cupid. Some folks will be upset if the books are unrelated. Lots of folks there trying to figure them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.