• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When is Mysticism Going to be Fixed...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nowadays a pure mage cant simply kill any other pvp template, except another pure mage.Healing skills are more powerful out there than mage spells capacity to inflict real damage, its so sad but is true. Raising SDI cap a bit would help , and about wrestling well, are we suposed to wear 45 HCI? with no HCI we have little chances to disarm a 45 DCI dexer and every decent template has 45 DCI out there.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...my point was made. Anything else you would like to cry about? Perhaps you would like to counter one of my actual posts...oh wait, that would involve some thought on your part!
My point was, since I'm on the east coast I play east coast shards. That way, I don't have to use ping as an excuse for why I suck. It's called common sense. Have fun being a mediocre mage once again. :sad4:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Standard mage template...Scribe wrestle/scribe parry...virtually useless...no damage output vs. skill input.
Necro mage...with apples, faction bandies, refresh...virtually useless.
Tank mage...with apples, cures, high cost specs, virtually useless.

Now again, this is in comparison to current damage ratios between dexxers/mages.

Imbuing made dexxers more potent...but what did it really do for a mage? DCI??? Increased HP???

Point was, in order for a mage to compete with todays templates in a 1vs1 situation...mysticism had to bring something to the table. As I mentioned with common *oldschool* mage temps above, the damage output of ALL those was essentially wiped out.
You don't use many templates do you? Counter with something else. If necro mage doesn't work; try a weaving mage. Try putting ninjitsu on your mage (dismounters = useless). Put taming on your template. Put bushido/parry on your template. Make a tactics mage with any weapon skill (Between well placed mortals/disarms/bleeds/AI, you can kill people easily enough. You aren't a dexxer you dont "chain" specs). Use a wrestle and/or parry mage. All very effective templates if you are a medicore or higher mage. All of those templates you mentioned can deal with one of the "flavor of the month" templates you said. Work accordingly.

I said you were horrible because you rely on gank to play this game. You are able to stand up to those gimp templates because you do not fight 1vs1...period. You use your connection to run away from a better player rather than staying on screen. So please, lets not confuse that conversation with whats being said here.
Of course you would say something that has 0 revelance and not true at all. EVERY template you named; I can/have/and will kill 1v1 on my mages. Maybe I should reiterate that since you claim I "live and run away".

Tamer? Kill his pets. He has no vet. And chances are he has no resist too. If he does; his offensive output is low. Dismount him; he can't run away (No ninjitsu).

Fencer/Archer? I actually call this a ****** template. I have NEVER EVER died to it 1v1. You have to let the person get like 2 hits off on you before he even disarms you to die. Why; as a mage; would that happen? They have low offensive output when you have a weapon in your hand/wrestling/ and/or parry.

Stealthers/Bok/Bush Ninja? 90% have no resist AND no healing. They are the easiest to deal with; just harder to kill due to smokebombs. Easy enough with 0 spellweaving and a circle though; you can t-storm and reveal after they smokebomb (After you beat on them and they run. Or vamp/para spam/etc).

Things like para fields/poison fields/mana vamps are your friend. Every dexxer has to be next to you to kill you. Drop a para field and go wild. Or use a demon/EV lol.

Very elementary things man. You claim everyone is bad and awful; but you say all these templates above are hard to deal with as a mage. If you are good (which you say you are; and I am not) you should have 0% problems with them 1v1 and can kill em like I do without OP mystic spells like Spell Plague. And for the record; yes I use a mystic NOW. BC it's so strong; it would be stupid to NOT use it. Just saying.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can get your ass kicked on better connection in real pvp (field fight) and still come up with excuses... interesting indeed.

Dueling isn't real pvp, I mean when you go down to dsp and saw the other guild doing it, you guys really leave the spawn and everyone logs on their pure mages and go to the farm and duel and the winning team get to keep the spawn? Lol I don't think so but I could be wrong. At least not on normal EA shards.

Then again dueling is more ping sensitive but even in field fight you should still have an advantage. I play both west and east shards, having a better connection simply makes a world of difference.

People who don't rely on pings to pvp can go to any shards with pvp action, people who are "medicore" couldn't and many of them even refuse to try. If you get beat on field pvp you got beat in real world pvp regardless their slow ping. You got outmatched when ping difference impact isn't as big, period. Just stating the truth. Otherwise you should go to HIS shard and try to beat him pure mage with slower ping and if you win you can shut him up once and for all.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People who don't rely on pings to pvp can go to any shards with pvp action, people who are "medicore" couldn't and many of them even refuse to try. If you get beat on field pvp you got beat in real world pvp regardless their slow ping. You got outmatched when ping difference impact isn't as big, period. Just stating the truth. Otherwise you should go to HIS shard and try to beat him pure mage with slower ping and if you win you can shut him up once and for all.
I didn't say I CAN'T play on a west coast shard. I am saying why on earth would I subject myself to lower ping just to play a different shard? They have several shards for a reason...

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
r
I didn't say I CAN'T play on a west coast shard. I am saying why on earth would I subject myself to lower ping just to play a different shard? They have several shards for a reason...
And I didn't say you couldn't. I mean imo ping has everything to do with dueling.
If the opponent is half way decent as a mage I still wouldn't duel him with my 100 ping against his 18. For example even if the ingame speed is only quarter second difference its realistically you are fighting against someone with 1 extra fast cast more than you. I won't even comment on the whole blindcasting thing that you probably have never experienced.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was, since I'm on the east coast I play east coast shards. That way, I don't have to use ping as an excuse for why I suck. It's called common sense. Have fun being a mediocre mage once again. :sad4:
You died 4 times to me out of 5 to a mage with 80+ more ping. Who is mediocre?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course you would say something that has 0 revelance and not true at all. EVERY template you named; I can/have/and will kill 1v1 on my mages. Maybe I should reiterate that since you claim I "live and run away".
Maybe I should remind you of the last time we fought. You ran, called your guildies, they ganked. I asked you for a 1vs1...you ran, called your guildies, they ganked. I would hardly call yourself skilled if you hide behind your guild when called out.

Tamer? Kill his pets. He has no vet. And chances are he has no resist too. If he does; his offensive output is low. Dismount him; he can't run away (No ninjitsu).
Not everyone plays with faction mounts, not everyone plays factions on every char. You say his offensive output is low? lol...guess you don't fight very many good dread tamers when you and they are on foot. The damage output of a straight mage vs. tamer and pet (their 800 hp vs. your 130) is negligible.

Now as for the rest...its pointless trying to argue with someone who says they are right...even when wrong. You point on 1vs1 but don't 1vs1...you say you never die to something...yet running is not winning. You call people out yet hide behind your guild.

Go sit back at the kids table, the adults are trying to talk...thanks.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One minute you say people use ping as an excuse, the next you say you won't even play those shards because you don't have the 7 ping there. Seems to me you are just another wussy, afraid to fight in places where you don't have the advantage. Out of all people, you rely on your ping more than most...while calling people out on theirs...classy dude...classy.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You died 4 times to me out of 5 to a mage with 80+ more ping. Who is mediocre?
And you died in 15 seconds the one fight you were man enough to fight without pots (well, sort of you still chugged an agility/strength right before we started). No mysticism means no chance for you sir.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One minute you say people use ping as an excuse, the next you say you won't even play those shards because you don't have the 7 ping there. Seems to me you are just another wussy, afraid to fight in places where you don't have the advantage. Out of all people, you rely on your ping more than most...while calling people out on theirs...classy dude...classy.
I already stated I play with two different pings...7 at one location 35ish at the other. The difference does not matter to me, I play the same way regardless. People play shards they ping poorly to because they like having an excuse for why they can't win. Like I already said, they have different shards for a reason, it's not my fault you don't understand that. :confused:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would ignore everything else too and not mention it if I had no "counter" argument. And I "ran"?? Sorry but when someone goes "Spell plague curse Spell Plague Magic Arrow Nether Bolt" rinse&repeat I will run until my apple timer comes back. Anyone who isn't stupid would do the same.

Say what you want && believe your own bs. Keep playing that non-faction blue with an OP skill. I'm not sure what you are going to do when it gets adjusted considering you complain about every template except the one you are playing.

Please nerf paper. Scissors are okay though.
- Restroom Cowboy aka Rock

:thumbup1:

PS: Funny you mentioned the faction war horse too. That's just another thing to help you live that I didn't even bother to bring up because not everyone 'has' one.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact that there are alot of lame templates out there does not excuse mysticism from being lame also. I think pvp would be fairly simple to fix.
1 Revert Mysticism to its previous state.
2 Get rid of ridiculous mana reduction bonuses that make dexers,archers chain specials endlessly.
3 Get rid of pet logging(would definately encourage tamers to have vet as opposed to having an additional offensive skill)
4 Get rid of insta stealth and put the delay back in between hiding and stealth. Smoke bombs would still work but players would actually have to decide when is a good time to hide and when is not instead of having an almost guaranteed escape.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would ignore everything else too and not mention it if I had no "counter" argument. And I "ran"?? Sorry but when someone goes "Spell plague curse Spell Plague Magic Arrow Nether Bolt" rinse&repeat I will run until my apple timer comes back. Anyone who isn't stupid would do the same.
Again, as I stated before...you are a bad mage if you need to:

1) rely on guildies to interrupt a 1vs1
2) rely on apple timers to fight
3) run away when someone casts a 7th level spell.

Stupidity is relying on the above and then somehow equating it to skill.

Say what you want && believe your own bs. Keep playing that non-faction blue with an OP skill. I'm not sure what you are going to do when it gets adjusted considering you complain about every template except the one you are playing.
On mystic being OP...I see only a one issue
1) protection cleansing winds...

On faction fighting on Atlantic:
1) It is all about gank
2) allows no room for error (stat for 20 minutes)
3) Is not conducive to 1vs1

So Mr. Obvious...if Atlantic harbors the best players on the East Coast, don't you think it would be in a 1vs1 person's best interest to play on a non-faction blue? Or should I just huddle around a group of 6 people that gank and preach about skillz?

Please nerf paper. Scissors are okay though.
- Restroom Cowboy aka Rock

:thumbup1:
Where did I mention anywhere about nerfing skills? Think mcfly think!

PS: Funny you mentioned the faction war horse too. That's just another thing to help you live that I didn't even bother to bring up because not everyone 'has' one.
Out of curiosity...would you 1vs1 my cats char? They are in factions. Perhaps you prefer my LA factioner, or maybe my factioner on Pacific? Maybe you want to fight my Atl factioner? That is four shards...2 of which I play solo without the backing of 10+ meatheads.

For instance...look at the event the other evening...your fel guild was the only one there. Nothing like a good zerg to make the pvp go to poop eh? Size is not the determining factor of skill, and neither is your ability to troll the forums.

On the flip side, I only open my mouth when I think there is a good reason. You won't see me spending hours and hours crying nerf on the templates that overpower the standard mage temps (that do not use mage weps)...but you will see me standing up for things that do not need a nerf.

Quit running away from 7th level spells and learn to fight your own battles. Arena is coming...and there is little room to run in there. There is no one in this game who will say you are a good mage if you cannot fizzle out a flamestrike. Then again, no way to say ur bad if they cannot kill you (when you avoid the pvp altogether)?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already stated I play with two different pings...7 at one location 35ish at the other. The difference does not matter to me, I play the same way regardless. People play shards they ping poorly to because they like having an excuse for why they can't win. Like I already said, they have different shards for a reason, it's not my fault you don't understand that. :confused:
Spoken like the hypocrite you are. I will field whoever on whatever shard...even europa...while on the flipside you hug the shard you are closest to while claiming to be the best duelist around. Even your worst ping is less than half of my best ping on atl.

I fought you just the same...and then you cried about pots while using both those and apples. (I didnt apple) With an even playing field you lost, made excuses, and then acted like an asshat. Then you died again, made excuses, and continued to act like an asshat. Then you died one more time, made excuses, and raged in gen. chat. I logged and lol'ed.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, you win...when all you do is chug. You got so upset after I beat you in 15 seconds no pots you tried to rk me twice and attack me on mount. I think my point was proven.
You lost 4 out of 5 times...and still talked poop. At some point (most) people decide to say the hell with civility, this guy is a doosh bag.

I would hardly call it a rez kill...considering you were fully dressed, full health, and grabbed your body that did not get looted.

Point proven? Which one was that?
A) being a doosh bag
B) being ping reliant
C) all of the above.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Back on the topic of this thread.

At times I have thought spell plague was op. However, I'm not so sure anymore. I've had some wicked battles with mystics, one or two that lasted 30+ minutes. It didn't feel like spell plague was op. It felt like it was just right (and just to be clear, I don't have mysticism on my template).

Another thing, the crack down on scripting in pvp has changed the balance in pvp. I think the devs should let the dust settle down on that before they make any changes.

Now if I understand spell plague properly, where it is especially nasty is in a gank situation - my personal experience would support this view. I would like to read some suggestions on how it's functionality could be preserved in a one on one context, while giving it a gentle whack with the nerf bat in gank situations.

Sleep, I don't have a strong opinion on. It is useful, as it should be.

Hail storm. Hail storm. Hail storm... I don't have a strong opinion on that either. If you have a slayer spell book hail storm destroys dragons, so when a mystic with one of those is around, dragons of all kinds are pretty much useless in a pvp context. Rock, paper, scissors? I don't know...

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, as I stated before...you are a bad mage if you need to:

1) rely on guildies to interrupt a 1vs1
2) rely on apple timers to fight
3) run away when someone casts a 7th level spell.

Stupidity is relying on the above and then somehow equating it to skill.
You are a bad mage if you need to:

1) Use a hit fireball bokuto
2) Cast mystic spells more than mage spells
3) Rely on cure pots for every cure
4) Chug agility pots to swing a bokuto faster to set off spell plague damage
5) Fail to rez kill other mages that started with 12 hp

Sorry restroom, you fit all of the above. :sad3:

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing, the crack down on scripting in pvp has changed the balance in pvp. I think the devs should let the dust settle down on that before they make any changes.
This just goes to show how absolutely clueless you are. Nobody scripts in PvP, and if they do it only hurts them.

At times I have thought spell plague was op. However, I'm not so sure anymore. I've had some wicked battles with mystics, one or two that lasted 30+ minutes. It didn't feel like spell plague was op. It felt like it was just right (and just to be clear, I don't have mysticism on my template).
You play some joke of a mage template with a dread mare and mare and spam flamestrike or some other high damage spell. You have no right to comment on what should and shouldn't be nerfed. Your opinion is void.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

blah blah blah

This just goes to show how absolutely clueless you are. Nobody scripts in PvP, and if they do it only hurts them.
And I know you are wrong... ;)

You play some joke of a mage template with a dread mare and mare and spam flamestrike or some other high damage spell. You have no right to comment on what should and shouldn't be nerfed. Your opinion is void.
Sometimes I use a dread warhorse, most of the time not. And I don't cast flame strike all that often actually. And even if I did, my opinion would be no less "void" than yours is. I have hundreds of hours of pvp experience, spanning more than three years.

I know a thing or two. And one thing I do know, I don't seem to be afflicted with that incredible ego and baseless prejudice against anyone who doesn't play the game exactly the way you do, that you seem to have a serious problem with.

Get over yourself. It's a game, and there are as many "proper" ways to play the game as there are players of the game. Some are more successful, some less successful, and from what I see Restroom Cowboy is pretty successful, moreso than you are it would appear...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No longer do mages have to cower away against running shot archers...dread mages...dread archers...ect ect ect.
Now if I understand spell plague properly, where it is especially nasty is in a gank situation - my personal experience would support this view. I would like to read some suggestions on how it's functionality could be preserved in a one on one context, while giving it a gentle whack with the nerf bat in gank situations.
Which is one of the points that was floating around in my head when I posted the above. I don't consider a tamer to be a walking gank, however the mechanics of the way they fight are similar to a gank, and I think that tamers with mysticism casting spell plague do present balance issues (and it applies to any pet, not just dread warhorses). But it's pretty hard to balance mysticism in that context, without nerfing either tamers or mystics in other contexts where there are no balance issues.

So it isn't a simple issue in my opinion. I don't want to see mystic/mages nerfed in a typical one on one context, but I do think something needs to be done about how spell plague works in a context where there are multiple attackers focused on the same target, whether they are other characters, or pets.

One thing I've said before that I'll say again, I think necros need a buff to put them on a par with mystics, and I think increasing the debuff from corpse skin from 15 to 25 might be one way of doing it.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes I use a dread warhorse, most of the time not. And I don't cast flame strike all that often actually. And even if I did, my opinion would be no less "void" than yours is. I have hundreds of hours of pvp experience, spanning more than three years.
I have personally fought you, and I can honestly say you are one of the worst mages ever. Hundreds of hours of PvP experience has obviously done nothing to make you any better. I highly doubt Einstein would have taken an argument against relativity seriously from a 5th grade science student. Being as you are nowhere near the understanding of PvP as some are, yes your opinion is void.

I know a thing or two. And one thing I do know, I don't seem to be afflicted with that incredible ego and baseless prejudice against anyone who doesn't play the game exactly the way you do, that you seem to have a serious problem with.
Based on the typical posts I read from you, you know very little if anything about PvP (clearly being as you think scripts can actually determine the outcome of a fight). I don't see how ego has anything to do with what I've said, but my "prejudice" is based on the fact that people exploit poorly developed game mechanics in order to make themselves better, and then pretend as if they don't know exactly what they are doing. For example, restroom claiming to be such an amazing mage, and yet he hardly even casts mage spells when you fight him. And now, he is defending mysticism because he doesn't want to be thrown back into the decent-at-best mage group he belongs in.

Also, the "prejudice" you claim I have is not so different from let's say a fight in real life. I don't think anyone would claim that sucker-punching someone is just "a different way of fighting". But for some reason, when the same concept is applied to a video game this type of behavior is acceptable. Interesting...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have personally fought you, and I can honestly say you are one of the worst mages ever.
I've been a damned good tamer, and a damned good pvp tamer, for years, and until recently, a horrible mage. I'm certainly not the best mage out there, but I actually do know something about playing one now - and yes, I'm sure I still don't follow your precious pvp "rules", which incidentally is a source of pride for me personally. My guess is you haven't fought me recently... ;)

Based on the typical posts I read from you, you know very little if anything about PvP (clearly being as you think scripts can actually determine the outcome of a fight). I don't see how ego has anything to do with what I've said, but my "prejudice" is based on the fact that people exploit poorly developed game mechanics in order to make themselves better, and then pretend as if they don't know exactly what they are doing.
Ego and prejudice have everything to do with just about every post I've ever read from you. So if someone kicks your ass, it's because they are exploiting "poorly developed game mechanics"? I'm sure you are pretty quick to heap scorn on the heads of those who scream "Haxx!" every time they lose, but clearly don't see that you are doing exactly the same thing.

Who is the greatest pvp'r really isn't the issue here. That's pretty subjective and even the bit that can be measured objectively, who takes the dirt nap, will change from day to day. The question is, is there a balance issue? And on that subject my opinion is hardly "void". In fact, it may be less "void" than yours is as it doesn't seem to be coloured as much by ego, and your own prejudiced view of what is the "proper" way to pvp...

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New skill comes out, your opponents change thier pvp template to include the new skill. You get killed by it and refuse to adapt. :sad3: You think just because the game changes around you that your template shouldnt need changing. Bottom Line is YOU need to change not the skill/spell. Any true pvper knows you cant ride the same template forever, SO ADAPT! Now if youd spend as much time adapting your pvp style as you do whining after dieing then maybe you wouldnt be a low tier pvper. Now bring on your "Your a nub gimplate" or "you must be new to pvp" and other vague insults. its all quite humorous how the weak pvpers always have to complain about the last template that killed them. :popcorn:

Now unless you got some evidence of mysticism being overpowered I suggest ya learn how to fight it.

Oh and leave the pvp to ingame and not on the forums.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have personally fought you, and I can honestly say you are one of the worst mages ever. Hundreds of hours of PvP experience has obviously done nothing to make you any better. I highly doubt Einstein would have taken an argument against relativity seriously from a 5th grade science student. Being as you are nowhere near the understanding of PvP as some are, yes your opinion is void. ...

LOL...QFT :thumbup1:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have personally fought you, and I can honestly say you are one of the worst mages ever. Hundreds of hours of PvP experience has obviously done nothing to make you any better. I highly doubt Einstein would have taken an argument against relativity seriously from a 5th grade science student. Being as you are nowhere near the understanding of PvP as some are, yes your opinion is void. ...

To be fair, no one has explained to LLewelyn why you don't use EC to play a mage and why you don't use auto targeting. OK everyone else figured it out long ago, but i don't think he likes the CC graphics.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To be fair, no one has explained to LLewelyn why you don't use EC to play a mage and why you don't use auto targeting. OK everyone else figured it out long ago, but i don't think he likes the CC graphics.
Come to Catskills, Llewen Faerlyght, I'm often on in the late afternoons, judge for yourselves. I'm sure you won't admit to being wrong, or to your opinion being changed, but you just might be in for a good fight. And I would expect nothing less than this kind of post from you two, my troll fan club... ;)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come to Catskills, Llewen Faerlyght, I'm often on in the late afternoons, judge for yourselves. I'm sure you won't admit to being wrong, or to your opinion being changed, but you just might be in for a good fight. And I would expect nothing less than this kind of post from you two, my troll fan club... ;)
LLewen, all you do is reply with really long factually wrong posts and because your posts are really long that makes you less of a troll? you will have the last word even though most of it is spent saying nothing.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's always good for a laugh, at a minimum. "Hundreds of hours at PvP"....heheheeee. That alone explains alot.

We love ya man. You are a very funny ...guy. :thumbup1:

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LLewen, all you do is reply with really long factually wrong posts and because your posts are really long that makes you less of a troll? you will have the last word even though most of it is spent saying nothing.

Once again...QFT!!!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
- What I mean when I use the word "troll": Someone whose sole purpose in posting is to annoy, intimidate, embarrass or bully the object of their post.

- What you mean when you when you use the word "troll": Someone who disagrees with me.

Unless you have something to post that doesn't fall under my definition of trolling, I'm pretty much done with this thread. Have fun gentlemen... ;)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1) Use a hit fireball bokuto
2) Cast mystic spells more than mage spells
3) Rely on cure pots for every cure
4) Chug agility pots to swing a bokuto faster to set off spell plague damage
5) Fail to rez kill other mages that started with 12 hp

1) field mage...I can use a -1 SC wep at the cost of EP and dci...again, key word is field mage...
2) sorry, but if I use magic arrow, nether bolt, lightning, fireball, SP, harm, and weaken...it would seem you are mistaken
3) its a field fight, and you carried pots too...and you appled every chance you got. what is your point aside from being ping reliant?
4) no...I have enough dex to swing a bokuto at max...which means I sacrifice INT based SDI in order to have higher dex. Again, char is a field mage.
5) you hopped on the roof fully clothed...and were healed by the other TB mage when I attempted to kill you for being a wise ass after you got owned. When I did redline you, you teled off the roof.

The only thing I see is your inability to accept defeat at the hands of a better fielding mage. Lose the e-peen already?

BTW...so nice of you to avoid any actual conversation regarding mysticism being overpowered in your own thread. Perhaps Mesanna will pay attention to the fact that you are only crying because your ping reliant self doesn't always cut the mustard anymore.

I can hear it now "MESANNA...I GOT PWNED, PLEASE NERF THE SKILL SO I DON'T LOSE AGAIN!!!"

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
...key word is field mage...
I suppose I could add one more thing. You raise an interesting point. All of my posts and input are solely in the context of field fighting. Duelling doesn't interest me, in part due to all the arbitrary rules and prejudices involved.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- What I mean when I use the word "troll": Someone whose sole purpose in posting is to annoy, intimidate, embarrass or bully the object of their post.

- What you mean when you when you use the word "troll": Someone who disagrees with me.

Unless you have something to post that doesn't fall under my definition of trolling, I'm pretty much done with this thread. Have fun gentlemen... ;)
Oh no...PLEASE keep posting... we lub you man! :thumbup1: rolleyes:

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can i just point out this guy plays a tamer
Heheheh
I play a tamer mage too. Because that was almost the only viable field mage template other than the old and boring necromage before mysticism came along.

Then again, I play everything other than bok bok myst noob and archer tamer cookie cutter.

Again, field fights are alot more different than duels. Again on shards I ping slower to I prefer field fight, and I think dueling is completely worthless at this point. I mean the template you use to fight in a pure mage duel is not viable in real world PvP. And NO when you try to raid DSP people dont leave the spawn and log on their pure mages and go "settle it" at the farms. Field PvP means everything goes, and mages is lacking in the whole bursting department and if I can help it I would also use something fast with hit spell on it as my weapon, every little bit helps.

C

canary

After reading this thread it is obvious that the only people continuously posting are indeed only because they think they have the biggest...

uhh...

Talent. :)

Anyhow, its only going in circles at this point, take it from an outside source. I'm not a mod, so it's not my call, but this thread has, imo, run its course. Also, I'll quickly add that if I had a quarter for every time Llewen called someone a 'troll' for merely disagreeing with him I'd be a rich woman. I swear to god he does it in every thread that seemingly has him involved. It's bizarre.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading this thread it is obvious that the only people continuously posting are indeed only because they think they have the biggest...

uhh...

Talent. :)

Anyhow, its only going in circles at this point, take it from an outside source. I'm not a mod, so it's not my call, but this thread has, imo, run its course. Also, I'll quickly add that if I had a quarter for every time Llewen called someone a 'troll' for merely disagreeing with him I'd be a rich woman. I swear to god he does it in every thread that seemingly has him involved. It's bizarre.
Honestly, I have little to no ego in game. When I win or lose, the first thing out of my mouth is *good fight*...not *well you live in your moms basement.* How the conversations degrade from there is usually in relation to the amount of poop talk spewed by the other party.

All I want to do is compete in good honest contests, for good sport. If you want to tell me how fat my mom is, or how big of a nerd I am for playing UO...be prepared to get an earful back in return. I am an ego buster, not an ego carrier.

All you have to do to figure out what people are really like is to pwn them, and see how they react afterwords (in the realm of pvp). If they go for *yo momma* right after the winner mentions *good fight*...they obviously have an ego... or can't stand losing...and/or undoubtedly have a big old screw loose.

Oh yeah, and they are usually the first to tell you to grow up, move outta moms basement, and ur bad. I embrace it all...:)

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) field mage...I can use a -1 SC wep at the cost of EP and dci...again, key word is field mage...
2) sorry, but if I use magic arrow, nether bolt, lightning, fireball, SP, harm, and weaken...it would seem you are mistaken
3) its a field fight, and you carried pots too...and you appled every chance you got. what is your point aside from being ping reliant?
4) no...I have enough dex to swing a bokuto at max...which means I sacrifice INT based SDI in order to have higher dex. Again, char is a field mage.
5) you hopped on the roof fully clothed...and were healed by the other TB mage when I attempted to kill you for being a wise ass after you got owned. When I did redline you, you teled off the roof.

The only thing I see is your inability to accept defeat at the hands of a better fielding mage. Lose the e-peen already?

BTW...so nice of you to avoid any actual conversation regarding mysticism being overpowered in your own thread. Perhaps Mesanna will pay attention to the fact that you are only crying because your ping reliant self doesn't always cut the mustard anymore.

I can hear it now "MESANNA...I GOT PWNED, PLEASE NERF THE SKILL SO I DON'T LOSE AGAIN!!!"
1. It's called heal stone, EP means nothing.
2. Just because you casted 1 or two fireball/lightnings does not make up for the 75-100 ma/nb combos followed by a spell plague every 5 seconds.
3. I used MAYBE 3 apples all the fights combined, maybe 1 or 2 heals and not one single cure (simply because you in fact did nothing but chug as soon as the timer was up). Here you're just making up stories.
4. Then why would you chug agility pots before a fight? Odd...
5. I had 12 hit points, received no heals, and you failed to kill me. How awful. You tried to rez kill me because I was laughing at how you died in 15 seconds no pots.

By the way, the purpose of me posting this thread was to draw attention to the obvious problems with mysticism in PvP. After reading that something was finally going to be done about it, I really had nothing more to discuss (but couldn't resist responding to your posts riddled with lies and exaggeration). You can say what you want from here on out, I won't be posting in this thread anymore. See you in the guard zone you badass you. :thumbup1:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. It's called heal stone, EP means nothing.
2. Just because you casted 1 or two fireball/lightnings does not make up for the 75-100 ma/nb combos followed by a spell plague every 5 seconds.
3. I used MAYBE 3 apples all the fights combined, maybe 1 or 2 heals and not one single cure (simply because you in fact did nothing but chug as soon as the timer was up). Here you're just making up stories.
4. Then why would you chug agility pots before a fight? Odd...
5. I had 12 hit points, received no heals, and you failed to kill me. How awful. You tried to rez kill me because I was laughing at how you died in 15 seconds no pots.
1) I don't use them, they heal for more than a potion does without EP.
2) You exaggerate, not to mention a good mage can interrupt a 7th level spell plague...especially one with a 7 ping. Unfortunately, you did not interrupt much of anything.
3) You used all your apples in the first fight...try again.
4) How would you know what I chugged? Actually I drank a strength pot...considering as I mentioned before...I have more dex than most chars. (50 to be exact)...so chugging a str gives me the HP I don't otherwise carry. Again, as with the other 4 above...cry more.
5) lol...I love it when you have anything and everything to say aside from *good fight* or *well done*. See the above 5 things you posted as examples.

By the way, the purpose of me posting this thread was to draw attention to the obvious problems with mysticism in PvP. After reading that something was finally going to be done about it, I really had nothing more to discuss (but couldn't resist responding to your posts riddled with lies and exaggeration). You can say what you want from here on out, I won't be posting in this thread anymore. See you in the guard zone you badass you. :thumbup1:
Still waiting for you to do anything other than trying to troll my posts. How about offering rebuttal in your own thread...rather than trash talking someone who is obviously a better fielder than yourself (on the same mystic temp).

Posts riddled with lies and exaggeration? How many excuses did you come up for dying? How much time did you spend trying to *get my goat* rather than be respectful in any manner? How often have you offered counter point when presented with reason? The only lies or exaggerations that exist are within your own addled mind...seems you prefer to make excuses and call other people out as untruthful rather than accept truth as it happens around you.

So again, aside from cleansing winds being cast in protection, and possibly SP being effected by any spells and not just the SP caster...what can you offer as reasoning for mysticism to be further nerfed?

IMO
1) SP is not overpowered...it is a 7th level spell that ANY good mage should be able to fizzle if they so choose. I mean, you say you are the bestest...yet lil ole me is able to cast it every what did you say? 15 seconds? :lol:
2) ma/nb is nothing new...and takes 480 skill to even be effective. For 300 LESS skill...I could carry arrow scrolls (150+) and do more damage. So how is this overpowered?
3) there are no short duration mysticism spells that can do enough damage to interrupt a bandaid...that is unless you consider 2.5 seconds to be short duration...bandy is 4...better not fizzle!

Now please, instead of returning with some troll of a response...how about you actually back your thread with something concrete?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, I'll quickly add that if I had a quarter for every time Llewen called someone a 'troll' for merely disagreeing with him I'd be a rich woman.
And that simply isn't true. There are a few people that consistently post to threads I post in that are trolls. They've proved it over and over again, and I've let them know many times that I know what they are doing. I never, absolutely never, call someone a troll for disagreeing with me.

I call them trolls for lying. I call them trolls for being consistently, gratingly negative about everything. I call them trolls for throwing insults into what seems like every post they make. I call them trolls for mindless prejudices against tamers, and anyone who approaches anything in a way that is different than they would. I call them trolls for attempting to derail every thread that touches on the subject of cheating.

I never call anyone a troll simply because they disagree with me. I may have mistakenly called one or two people a troll that didn't deserve it, but if I did, it was an honest mistake.

And yes, there are a number of very consistent trolls on Stratics, and yes, they seem to enjoy trolling threads I start or threads that I post to. Probably because I do see things and do things differently than they do, and even moreso because I have vigorously defended the place of tamers in pvp over the years, something that a number that post here don't like. I've also been very active in posting over cheating and issues surrounding cheating, and some of them don't like that much either, for various reasons.

Well guess what? I'm going to keep doing that, and they are very likely going to continue trolling threads that I post to, and I am very likely going to continue pointing out the fact that they are trolling...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, I have little to no ego in game. When I win or lose, the first thing out of my mouth is *good fight*
Oh, and I can vouch for this. I didn't beat Restroom in our one fight so I don't know if he is a good loser in game, but I do know he is a good winner. He was fun to fight, and fun to talk with after the fight. There was no bs or epeen waving. He's a good pvp'r and a rarity in that he also acts like a decent human being while doing it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's put this one on 'hold' till we see the promised updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.